• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Panama Canal Eastbound Sept. 14, 2013--it'll be WONDER-ful

I use them a lot but they don't last forever. I've had them expand on me after several uses. Guess the zipper deals don't stay strong after multiple uses. But I just buy more! Only thing to watch out for is the weight. My suitcase has been over 50 pounds at the airport because I had so many things compressed and in those bags but the weight remains the same. Had to do some last minute adjusting from suitcase to carry-on to avoid airline fees on overweight baggage . :headache:

{QUOTE}This evening I bought these bags that zip lock once clothes are packed in them, and then you roll them to get the air out, compressing the clothes, so more will fit. I saved the receipt. Anyone use these, and have any comments?[/QUOTE]

You bet! The kids will be involved in all the kid and you and your Mom will need folks to hang out with too. I think I'm finally getting up to my 10 posts. I like the tasting ideas, maybe we can glom onto those and use them as a single meetup right afterward. Always good to have a group of folks to do the various activities with, makes it so much more fun. Although I am looking forward to some down time from work!

I will be traveling without my husband ( but with my 2 kids and 80 year old mother). Does that count as single?

I am planning on signing up for the chocolate tasting, champagne tasting, and maybe a couple more, and I don't think my mom will join me. Would love to get a group of solo travelers together to do this with. :goodvibes

Well, here we are, three days before we leave and what do I have done? Not a whole lot. I have the kids' clothes picked out, and piled, but they still need to be ironed and packed. I haven't started my stuff at ALL and since my husband is working right up until three hours before we leave, his packing isn't done either. Oh man.... looks like some sleepless nights headed our way!

Our daughter is super excited about Disneyland and "Mickey's Ship", though at four, and having never had any of her previous foster families take her on vacation, she seems confused by a lot of it. When I explained to her that Mommy, Daddy, her and her brother will all be in one stateroom on the ship, she said, "We get to SLEEP there????" Her mind will be blown.

I feel very bad for my husband that he now has to miss out on Club 33, since when we planned this trip, it was just the two of us and our friends, (who are AWESOME), got us into the Club. Now he has to stay with the kids. Mind you, he'll have a BLAST with the kids, but I still wish he could join me. I appreciate that he decided to let me be the one to go, since it'll like a dream come true for me!

We are also trying to cancel our Paradise Pier res, since I got a WAY better rate at a nearby Marriott with my Travel Agent Discount, and it will save us a fortune. That's another thing that has changed this trip a lot... going from two people, to four, has made it MUCH more expensive!!! But it will be all the more MAGICAL!

Well, I better get to work. Any free moments I have where at least one kid isn't screaming, peeing, or needing to eat need to be put to use!

For those who have been on Disney cruises - just wondering - are there plenty of hangers in the closets for all the clothes we are taking --- or should I pack some extras?
Thanks,
Rita :hippie:

For those who have been on Disney cruises - just wondering - are there plenty of hangers in the closets for all the clothes we are taking --- or should I pack some extras?
Thanks,
Rita :hippie:
Depends on how many in your romm and how many clothes. We've always managed with 2A2K, but I also think your stateroom host would provide more if you asked.

You bet! The kids will be involved in all the kid and you and your Mom will need folks to hang out with too. I think I'm finally getting up to my 10 posts. I like the tasting ideas, maybe we can glom onto those and use them as a single meetup right afterward. Always good to have a group of folks to do the various activities with, makes it so much more fun. Although I am looking forward to some down time from work!

Maybe we should meet up wherever you go to sign up for the mixology...

Traveling alone, I'd love to meet up with other single travelers... Do we have a sign up?

Traveling alone, I'd love to meet up with other single travelers... Do we have a sign up?

I've read a couple posts from other singles. I'd like to join in the fun. My daughter is going to be busy being a kid so I think I will have plenty of down time. I'm in 6638 and my name is Catherine. I can start a list I names/cabins for those interested. PM me if your a single traveler looking to get together for activities.

Ok, so we have been assigned a room...question now is: will my luggage tags come in the mail at this late point in time?

Ok, so we have been assigned a room...question now is: will my luggage tags come in the mail at this late point in time?

sinado4,
Did you receive a small spiral bound booklet from DCL? If so, your luggage tags are in the pocket of that booklet. Since they assigned the cabins so late, I had to write the cabin number on them with a Sharpie in the blank provided.

Not sure if you made your arrangements with a travel agent or directly with DCL. If you do not have the booklet, your travel agent may have it.

Also, luggage tags will be available at the port if you do not get them prior to arriving at the port.

Very excited for everyone, although we're sorry to not be going! I'm looking forward to the trip reports. Luckily we are getting the full cost of the trip refunded through our trip insurance. At least I'm having fun wearing all the clothes I bought for the trip! Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful trip!

me (20 weeks pregnant), DH, DS (3), DD (2). We are so excited. Mommy is really nervous about packing for 4 people for 2 weeks!

Only 3 more days of work and 4 sleeps!!! Everything is gathered in one place! Wednesday mani & pedi! Thursday packing! Friday heading to California. EXCITED!!!!

Only 3 more days of work and 4 sleeps!!! Everything is gathered in one place! Wednesday mani & pedi! Thursday packing! Friday heading to California. EXCITED!!!!

Wow, this is almost exactly my schedule :thumbsup2 2 more days of work, mani pedi Wednesday, pack Thursday, Friday leave for LA

Shout out of "THANK YOU!" to Twokats (Kathy) for keeping track of the FE exchange, postcard/recipe exchange, and wine tasting lists. Sounds to me like she exemplifies the adage, If you want something done, ask a busy person. For Kathy: pixiedust:

The latest updated FE list is compiled by cabin number. Great help.

Trying to get all the little details straight.

FE and Postcard/Recipe Exchange: Is it best to hold off until Monday to pass out these items on the ship in order to allow for stateroom changes to be given to Kathy/TwoKats and for her to transmit the changes to us (via the stateroom cell phone **Cannot remember the name of that phone**)?

RANCAN Transportation to Hobby: I remember seeing that Denamo was going to make a sign for RANCAN HOBBY but I am drawing (another) blank on where we are going to meet. Just head outside and look for the sign? Does Rancan want our cell phone numbers (or want to share a number) so that in a crunch we can contact that way? Or am I just worrying about too many little things in order to avoid BEING WAY TOOOO EXCITED??

THANK YOU!! And a BIG thank you to everyone who has organized all these great things for us on the cruise! :thanks:

Linda/Sparky47

Trying to get all the little details straight.

FE and Postcard/Recipe Exchange: Is it best to hold off until Monday to pass out these items on the ship in order to allow for stateroom changes to be given to Kathy/TwoKats and for her to transmit the changes to us (via the stateroom cell phone **Cannot remember the name of that phone**)?

RANCAN Transportation to Hobby: I remember seeing that Denamo was going to make a sign for RANCAN HOBBY but I am drawing (another) blank on where we are going to meet. Just head outside and look for the sign? Does Rancan want our cell phone numbers (or want to share a number) so that in a crunch we can contact that way? Or am I just worrying about too many little things in order to avoid BEING WAY TOOOO EXCITED??

THANK YOU!! And a BIG thank you to everyone who has organized all these great things for us on the cruise! :thanks:

Linda/Sparky47

Linda:

Unless we plan something different while onboard, we will still plan on meeting outside near the signs that denamo has already made.

I would like to meet everyone at some point while onboard.

Candy(disfaninca) and I are in statetoom 5138, so please visit us, or call/message us (stateroom to stateroom or wavephone) while onboard. If we can connect onboard I will be happy to give my cell number to anyone.

Also, I still need to contact "twinrx," if anyone knows how to reach them let me know.

Shout out of "THANK YOU!" to Twokats (Kathy) for keeping track of the FE exchange, postcard/recipe exchange, and wine tasting lists. Sounds to me like she exemplifies the adage, If you want something done, ask a busy person. For Kathy: pixiedust:

The latest updated FE list is compiled by cabin number. Great help.
Yes! Thank you--thank you!!!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter