Panama Canal Eastbound Sept. 14, 2013--it'll be WONDER-ful

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by youalleverybody, Jun 26, 2012.

1. youalleverybody

youalleverybody Rather be Soarin'

Scroll down this page to post #14 for Roll Call updates.

Have a Wonderful cruise, everybody! Sorry we had to back out.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tinkerbell0614

Tinkerbell0614 Disney Fanatic!! :)

Hey all!!! Who is joining us in this sure to be amazing cruise across the panama canal???? It will be me, the DH, and our two DS's who will be 9 and 7 at the time of the cruise! By the way I am open to changing the name of the thread if anyone has a much more clever idea!!! :rotfl:

4. JanDave

JanDave DIS Veteran

We're joining you! It'll be me, DH and cruise buddy, Carla. We also are booked on the 9/6/13 repo from Vancouver to LA!

Jan

5. JanDave

JanDave DIS Veteran

Just wondering if either of you has contacted Irish Cowboy so that our thread gets listed on the Wonder 2013 list.

Jan

6. youalleverybody

7. Denine

Denine I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny

We are currently booked on this cruise and I truly hope it happens. DH is really unsure about taking 2 weeks off of work, so we will see.

If we do get to go, it will be our 2nd full transit of the canal on DCL. We did a partial transit on Princess a number of years ago.

It will be me, Dh and Dd who will turn 11 on the cruise.

We did the EB in 2005 when DD was 2, almost 3, so she doesn't remember anything. She really wants to go and 14 days on the ship is AWESOME!

8. youalleverybody

9. IrishCowboy

IrishCowboy DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!

10. Denine

I am amazed more people haven't booked this cruise. Except for Cartegena, the ports aren't terribly interesting, but Cabo is gorgeous and the day through the canal is fasciniating. We just love all the sea days.
    I remember back in '05, that you had to call as soon as the cruise was open or you weren't getting on. I guess things have changed.

Looks like 2 birthdays will be celebrated on board. I sure hope we get to go.

11. JanDave

JanDave DIS Veteran

DCL has a special for the December 2012 PC cruise - inside cabin GTY for $985/person. Great deal! This tells me that the ship isn't filling up and this cruise has been available for booking for a while. I'm hoping deals are offered on our cruise. I remember the craziness in 2005 with people posting on the DIS about getting or not getting staterooms. Of course, 2005 was the first PC itinerary, so the excitement was there. Same thing happened with the May 2012 Hawaii cruise. My co-worker was on that cruise, booked the first day she could. Cruise was not full but the staterooms were booked as many were traveling solo or with just 2 adults in a stateroom.

Denine, I assume you were on the 2005 PC cruise. How crazy was it with the pins? I heard people were line up the night before the pins went on sale and sleeping on the floor.

Happy 4th to all!

Jan

12. youalleverybody

13. Denine

We were on the 2nd PC cruise. Thankfully they had worked out a different system for the pins by then. It was a nightmare the first PC cruise.

It is a tough time of year for a 2-week cruise for families. School is just starting again and most people don't want to or can't take their kids out of school for that period of time. We home school, so that is not an issue for us. DH and I were wondering how many kids would be on the cruise. Our last PC cruise was in August, so kids weren't missing school, but then we had a little one, so I don't know how many older kids there were. But with so few families being able to cruise, it really decreases the base of people going on a DCL cruise.

14. Denine

Would love to do that someday, but the airfare was outrageous!

We were supposed to go to Cartegena on one of our cruises, but it was canceled because it wasn't safe at the time. It is supposed to be really pretty and I was looking foward to going then. I hope we get to go this time. We missed Cabo on our 1st PC cruise because of a hurricane. We finally got to go last October when we did a MR cruise. It is gorgeous! We didn't see much of PV in October because we did a pirate cruise excursion which lasted for 6 hours! It was fun, but we would do something else next time.

15. twokats

twokats DIS Veteran

Planned Events

Meet & Greet September 15 @ 12:30 pm tentatively on Secret Deck 7 Aft or an indoor location TBA

Wine Tasting September 20 @ 4:00 pm tentatively Secret Deck 7 Aft

ClosedFish Extender Exchange Deadline to join August 1, 2013Closed

ClosedPostcard/Recipe Exchange deadline to join August 14, 2013

Roll call!!!!

1. Tinkerbell0614
    Tinkerbell
    DH
    DS 9 and 7

2. Denine
    Denine
    DH
    DD 11
    DD birthday
    late dining

3. Twokats
    Kathy
    Le
    DD Kati
    DD birthday
    stateroom 6080
    late dining

4. MPS516
    Mike
    Donna
    DD - Jessi 22
    Stateroom - 6570
    Main Dining

5. MommaluvsDis
    From Louisiana
    Denise 50
    Steve 54
    Stateroom #7512
    platinum members
    Late dining
    Celebrating 30th Anniversary

6. pahrumpgirl
    From Ohio
    Carol 66
    Doug 70
    Stateroom #7514
    Gold members
    Main Dining

7. Crusinlattas
    Renee
    Alan
    Anna (9)
    AJ (7)
    Stateroom 1037

8. Paragd911
    Mark
    DW Joy
    DMIL Ruth
    Bingo
    Stateroom 6654
    Early dining
    Platinum members

9. Caniac27
    Michelle 43
    Derek 43
    DD Maggie 11
    Allison 11

10. MissingFigment
    Kathy
    Jeremy

11. Readyplayer
    Nancy
    DH Bill

12. Catdreams
    Catherine
    DD Brenna (10)
    Stateroom 6638
    late dining

13. JustUsAndJellybean
    Jessica(25)
    DH - Phil (31)
    DD - Alina (2)

14. graysonsmom

15. disneymiracleand2
    Todd
    Lisa
    DD Savanna (23 mths)

16. MelSpees
    Melanie
    Gary

17. WAMUMOF4
    DW
    DH
    DS (16)
    DD (14)
    DS (12)

18. Alirob
    Ali
    Rob

19. Michelle1969
    Michelle
    DH
    DS (15)
    DS (17)

20. knabebug
    Jack
    Nobbi

21. Dagny
    Dagny
    DH
    Celebrating 25th anniversary

22. Sharan56
    Sharan
    Dave
    Celebrating Sharan's Birthday the 22nd
    early dining

23. eblong
    Bruce
    Rita
    Cabin 6582

24. goiu
    Lisa
    DD (7)
    DS (4)

25. grizmom
    Jeanne
    DD (12)
    DS (10)

26. Thekoeppens
    Sharon
    DH
    Stateroom 5502

27. cmesq61
    Carolann
    Gib

28. Sparky47
    Linda
    Don

29. Grumpy57
    Chuck
    Denise

30. disfaninca / RanCan
    Candy
    Randy
    24th anniversary

31. jlovesj
    jlovesj
    DSis

32. iminakilt
    Mike
    Chris
    Deanna

33. iminakilt friends
    Jeremy
    Brittany

34. TheMadCruiser
    Larry
    Tracy

35. lbolt123
    Terry
    Larry

36. denamo
    denamo
    friend

37. GatorMomInNC
    Danae
    DM Phyllis
    DS Jonas (9)
    DS Carter (6)

38. dta87

39. CruzOle
    Brenda
    Evelyn
    Stateroom 7110

40. fltink
    Jenn
    DH

41. ImprovGal

42. sinado4
    Mel
    Jessica
    DS Mateo (2)
    DD Maya (2)

43. gooscar
    Russ
    Janice

44. twinrx
    Bill

45. MomtoAlexnWilliam
    Mom
    DH
    DD (11)
    DS (9)
    Celebrating Mom's B/D

46. DisTurtle
    Andy
    Tamera
    DD Ahna (10)
    DD Vivian (5)
    Stateroom 2124
    Late Dining

47. umbriagal

48. LyndaC
    Lynda

49. KellyKat
    Dan
    Kelly
    DD Catherine (11)
    stateroom 7620
    late dining

50. chdheart
    Rita

51.Kimlovescruising
    Kim
    Craig

52. friends of Kimlovescruising
    Janice
    Vernon

53. HEIDIELIZABETH
    Heidi
    John
    DS Jack (14)
    DD Lauren (12)
    DS Jesse (9)
    DS Justin (7)
    DD Annabella (4)

54. parents of HEIDIELIZABETH
    Judy
    Gary
    celebrating 50th wedding anniversary

55. SocalMufasa
    Mark
    Mary

56. AlisonM
    Alison
    Richard
    Holly 15
    Jack 11
    Ben 7
    Stateroom 8538

Just moved to this cruise this morning from a ressie we had made when we left the Fantasy in May!!

Our original cruise was for Alaska, but the deal and the dates for this PC Repo were just too good to pass up. Plus it is on my bucket list of cruises I wanted to do! Hopefully I will get to do Alaska in 2014 (hope they keep up that itinerary)

Cruising will be me (Kathy), DH (Le) and DD (Kati) who will be celebrating her birthday while on the cruise.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone. This will be our fourth cruise, our third for the Wonder plus the one we just did on the Fantasy.

16. youalleverybody

Welcome everyone!!!

I'm getting excited, even though it's still a looonngg way away. I've read a couple fun trip reports from previous PC cruises.

Denine, we homeschool too! I imagine there will be a fairly low kid's census onboard, expecially for older kids. That will actually be kind of nice.

17. JanDave

JanDave DIS Veteran

Welcome Kathy and Family!!! :cheer2:

The PC cruise has been on my bucket list for a while, as well. We're hoping to do an Alaska cruise in 2014, too. It most likely won't be with DCL, though. :sad2: Through much internet searching, I am finding better itineraries and less $$$.

What kind of deal did you find for this PC cruise?

Jan

18. JanDave

JanDave DIS Veteran

Four of my six grandchildren re homeschooled - 2 in Michigan and 2 in West Virginia.

Jan

19. twokats

twokats DIS Veteran

We had booked the 9-2 Alaska when we were on board the Fantasy in May and booked a catagory 5b (verandah). When they finished changing everything over I only had to give another $50+ to my deposit, which I was very pleased with. I was amazed with the pricing of this two week over the Alaska one week. It was a no brainer to go ahead and get this one off my list first. I will probably stay with Disney for Alaska no matter the cost, just because we love the Disney ambiance.

20. JanDave

JanDave DIS Veteran

I know that I say we'll probably book an Alaska cruise on another cruise line, but I foresee us booking it while onboard one of our upcoming cruises. We are spoiled by DCL. Just got off the Dream a few weeks ago, and it was definitely a "wow" feeling throughout the cruise.

Kathy - I see that you are a DVC member. We are, also. Our "homes" are Saratoga and Hilton Head. We bought both contracts on the Disney Magic.

Jan

21. twokats

twokats DIS Veteran

I agree with you on the "wow" feeling, we felt that on the Fantasy. I just loved it. It was big, but there was so much to explore and even though I knew there were more people on it than on the smaller sister ships, it really did not seem like it except in the dining rooms and theater which were so much larger.

After learning about the booking on board, I know I will always try to book a future cruise before leaving a cruise. The discount and the lower deposit are great and getting an OBC is just icing on the cake. My DH did not expect to like cruising. He went on the first cruise just to keep peace in the family, but when we got back he was very quick to say. . . when are we going on another cruise!!!

We joined DVC in 2004 when SSR was being built. We did several add-ons and then my sweet DH bought me another large add-on on our first Wonder cruise. All those add-ons were also SSR. Then a year ago we bought a resale at VWL. And on our cruise on the Fantasy in May DH surprised me with points at AKL. That gives us homes at Saratoga, Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom. Our absolute favorite is VWL, but we have stayed at AKL Jambo House and the kids and I have stayed at SSR.