Over the river and through the FUN!

I'm glad you are beginning to feel better MeMom but more importantly, can you taste your Ghirardelli brownies yet? I went shopping yesterday and picked up a box to make. All that talk really got me in the mood. Boy are they good!!!!! :goodvibes

It seems that Drew was quite fond of the brownies, and his taste buds tasted most of them. I will try again during Christmas week, and then it's back to the cheap ones.

Hi MeMom!

I'm a couple of days behind... I have been off work sick with a little tummy bug / sickness bug. :sick: I called my midwife who gave me advice on taking care of baby whilst I am ill and little one is doing fine and wriggling about loads.

I have spent the last two days laid on the sofa watching Christmas Movies and cuddling the cats. It makes me sound incredibly lazy :laughing: but our wireless internet access is broken and I couldn't be bothered with the trek up to our third floor to get online!!!

I hope you are feeling better???

Am already hooked on your thanksgiving trip report - little Brooklynn has grown so much! I was thinking the other day, did you take her on Goofy's Barnstormer this time or did she remember it from last time and say no?! I am sure we will get to find out...!!!

Have a lovely weekend! We are trying to think of something very fun and Christmassy to do - on Sunday it is the 3rd anniversary since Rich's (hubby) Mum died so he wants to keep occupied on Saturday and then find a nice Church Service on Sunday.

Love Julie xxx

Hanging out on the couch watching Christmas movies sounds like a good thing to be doing when you don't feel well. Make sure you are taking extra good care of yourself and that baby!

Does 'that baby' have name choices yet? Just think, next year, you'll be watching Rudolph and Frosty with your little one in your lap. That will be the greatest!

I hope you can do something fun on a sad day. I know she would want you to do that as a remembrance of happy times in the past that she shared with you.

Trent made a comment once that he could never go to Disney World again if something happened to me, and I immediately told him he has to go when I'm gone, because I'll be right there with him, with them all, in spirit. I told him I'd be disappointed to know he didn't go and continue on the fun!

:yay: Here I am, here I am :yay:

Today is a "Storm Day" and Ma and Declan are enjoying a fun day at home. We are going to wrap some presents :santa: later on (Don't tell Dad)

I'm keeping up and wanted to tell you that I will be in your neck of the woods in July. I will be attending a Laptop Teacher conference in Memphis. Two weeks later, we hit WDW!

Happy days, hope all are well.

Which one are you - the one on the left or the one on the right? :)
I happen to know that you are neither one, because you're not that round.

I'm glad you and Dad found us.

Did you and Declan have a nice storm day?
About how much snow do you guys get annually? You would probably make so much fun of us with our winter panic.

I hope Tennessee folks will welcome you and make you think kindly of us. Too bad your workshop isn't in Nashville, because I would come and meet you.
We could go shop at Opry Mills Mall, and we could use Dad's credit card!!! :cool1:

I made it to and back from the concert safely last night--I got home a little after midnight last night, took Nyquil so I wouldn't wake myself up coughing all night, and went to bed. The driving was bad, but I stayed very far to the right on the highway going there and coming back, and let everyone pass me. It took us about 2 hours to get there, instead of an hour, but luckily we left early enough to get there in time (and in time to make up for a silly mistake--tell you about that in a second.) As far as I could tell, there wasn't ice on the roads, just cold and very, very heavy rain.

My silly mistake: In the GPS that my brother and I share, I programmed in the address to the venue as "Forest St." It led us down a residential side street because the venue was actually on Foster St. :headache: We were so lucky that they were pretty close to each other, and I can't believe that I did that, because I'm the type to check that kind of thing over and over again. I can't tell you how many times I checked my bookbag to make sure that I had the GPS, tickets, and camera safely hidden in there.

I'm glad that you're starting to feel better, and I'm with kschafer, I'm definitely going to find those Ghiradelli brownies after work and make them at some point. I'm hoping that you can taste them by now. I think that my sense of taste up and went sometime between last night and now. I could taste my peach iced tea driving home last night. :confused3

Did I read that you have a snow day today?! I can't wait for snow days next month.

Was the concert worth all the trouble? I'll have to check your report to see if you had a review. I think someone on your TR said they were disappointed.

Yes, we had a snow day. They showed pictures, and a lot of people around us did get 3-6 inches, but ours was more a layer of ice.

mmm...brownies...i wish I could have some but I am now on a doctors orders dairy free diet. THey think Caleb might have a milk allergy so until we find out for sure...no dairy for me or anythign made with dairy. Its hard because it is in everything but it is worth it if it will make him feel better (plus it keeps me out of my sweets like brownies :) and will be easier to lose this baby weight)

No sweets? I don't know if I could handle that. I guess for the sake of that sweet little guy, I could, though. I hope you figure out what his troubles are. I sure hate to know he's hurting...ever. I can't stand to see babies hurt, because they don't understand - they look at you for help, and you can't always help them.

The worst is when they have to get shots, and you know the pain is coming, and you're actually helping to hold them down. I HATED that!!! I would just talk mine through it and hope God was helping them understand my explanation of why I was having to participate in making them hurt.

Of course we are still friends, Don't worry, as you saw, your secret identity is still safe. And of course, you were taking pictures. :rotfl2:

Glad you are feeling better, my DH got the "Disney bug" too on the Tuesday we were there and is still sick now and then Mark got it and has been home sick since Wednesday. :sick:

Yeah, you did okay. That's funny that I was taking pictures. You caught me in a rare moment. :)

Sorry to hear the guys got sick. Somebody had a thread about a stomach bug that was going on down there, but my cold just traveled with me from here to there and back again.

When will you guys be going back to Disney World?

I'm glad to hear you're starting to feel better MeMom!
I hope you guys stay nice and safe in your wintery weather. Just be super cautious and slow down and you should be okay. It's snowing here too...but it's just landing on top of the snow that was already there! At least now I don't have anywhere to go, so I don't have to go out and brush off/scrape off the car! I can't wait until it's all gone again for another year! I seriously think we Canadians should all go to whatever coast is closest and bring a paddle, and all of us keep paddling until we're located in the Carribbean! :laughing: If you guys in the states wanted to help that'd be awesome! :thumbsup2

Everyone be safe out there.:goodvibes

As the day wore on, the streets were good. Now the news is saying it'll start re-freezing. I'm in for the night, but Trent and Drew will be out and about. I'm always glad to hear the door open and know they're safely home, especially in bad weather. Jill will be heading home any minute, and I'll be glad when she's home safely, too. Even when your kids are grown, you still worry about them like you did when they were little.

I bet you guys really do appreciate warm weather, don't you? I am too cold-natured to live in Canada. I absolutely do chill to the bone!

Its as if she is thinking "hurry up and sign my book, i got other autographs to get"

Well, you must know her, because that's exactly what she does in the meet and greets. As one is signing, she is carefully eyeing the next princess or character in line.

She's kinda rude! :rotfl:

Hi MeMom and Jill! Loving the report so far! It's my dream to be able to see the Christmas decorations someday...

Looking forward to the next chapter!

Denise

Oh, I hope you can! That castle is beautiful, and the characters, parades, decor, etc. - yep, you must make a holiday trip! Let us know when, and we'll meet you at the castle!

I was going to put some pictures up, but photobucket is not cooperating right now. I'll try again after while.

I love love love warm weather! It's something that makes me think I'm not meant to be Canadian. At least I live in the more southern region so we don't get temperatures that are too bad generally. Lots of snow though, sitting here in the middle of the Great Lakes we get every bit of "lake effect" weather! My loving the warmth....just one of many reasons that lead me to believe I was a southerner in a previous life!

I'm glad to hear your weather wasn't too too bad. It's important to know that your family is safe.

Snakes were mentioned earlier.
There was one while we were waiting for Jiminy Cricket.

IMG_0069.jpg

Brooklynn was more interested in the Cricket than the snake.

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

Then it was out to see the goats.

IMG_0074.jpg

Unique and not so unique items at the open air shop.

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

This computer is not cooperating very well. It's got some kind of virus, so it keeps shutting down. I'm going to have to go with very short installments for now until I can get it fixed. Sorry about that.

I finally bought that "Tigger is that you?" shirt this year! I have wanted it for the past three years! Sorry to hear about your computer.

We walked around a bit, got some frozen lemonades, and got ready to watch what I had really wanted to see.

So sing it out....

It's time for the Jingle Jungle Parade!

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

I'm telling you, this guy was everywhere that day.

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

Look how cute Minnie is in her little decorated jeep.

IMG_0096.jpg

Did you notice the peppermint wheels?

IMG_0097.jpg

More cool non-real animals.

IMG_0098.jpg

This guy got much applause.

IMG_0099.jpg

The guy who gets the credit for making him so fun.
He was very personable with the audience and very animated with the monkey.

IMG_0100.jpg

A couple of pals from over in the briar patch.

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

Santa Goofy.

IMG_0105.jpg

A wide variety of stockings.

IMG_0106.jpg

Where will you find your name this year?

IMG_0107.jpg

I'll let you ponder that, and I'll leave you mid-parade, as I possibly have been known to do in the past.

I'm not a big cliff hanger type writer, so I just leave you hanging out somewhere until I get back!

My eyes are closing, and I'm borrowing Trent's computer, so I'm in his room. I'm going to wrap up things and head to bed.

Good night!

great update and pics.

nice to see the parade. never seen it but plan to this time.

Have a great week.

IMG_0071.jpg

Good for her!! I would much rather meet the cricket too!!

This computer is not cooperating very well. It's got some kind of virus, so it keeps shutting down. I'm going to have to go with very short installments for now until I can get it fixed. Sorry about that.

:guilty: I'm sorry you are having to deal with that. We had that problem with our desktop about a year ago. It finally crashed and then it actually worked better :confused3 ....I thought I had lost everything but it did the system recover very well :thumbsup2

It's time for the Jingle Jungle Parade!

IMG_0087.jpg
IMG_0089.jpg

Santa Goofy.

IMG_0105.jpg

I wish we had watched this last Dec. :sad2: Very bad on my part. I just wasn't wanting to make Matt sit through parades. Not really his favorite....I think if we had kiddo's it would be different.

But I really enjoyed this parade in September with Dawn. So I am looking forward to seeing it one day at christmas time!

My eyes are closing, and I'm borrowing Trent's computer, so I'm in his room. I'm going to wrap up things and head to bed.

Good night!

Mine too....I'm out

Great update!

Hope you had a wonderful day off!!!! :cloud9:

The concert was worth the trouble getting there. It seemed a bit shorter than last year, and they didn't do some of the stuff that they did last year, like a keyboard duel, but it was still fun. And it was definitely worth the trouble when I found out that our seats were in the second row from the stage!!! Got lots of interaction. :)

We also got pretty lucky with our driving, because Worcester and the surrounding areas did get hit hard with the ice storm. According to the boston.com website, there are over 300,000 houses without power in the areas that were hit the hardest, and the earliest estimate that they have for getting the power back is Monday. :eek: I feel so bad for everyone that has to deal with that.

I love Minnie's little Jeep, with the peppermint wheels, and the Mickey head in the front. My dad is very proud of his "manly" Jeep, so I need to show him that picture and tell him that he needs to decorate his that way. :rotfl: I can just imagine the look I'll get...

Good Morning Memom,
Great update and awesome pictures. Jingle Jungle parade is my MUST see favorite parade. Which I will get to see Wednesday :cool1: . Oh, I'm so excited. :woohoo:

Snakes? Shudder, shudder, shudder!

The parade looks like so much fun! Cracks me up that Brer Rabbit and Brer Bear are in the parade though -- they are just southern good ole' boys and the rest are all exotic! :lmao:

I bet you guys really do appreciate warm weather, don't you? I am too cold-natured to live in Canada. I absolutely do chill to the bone!

I chill to the bone too! Sometimes i wish i was back in my homestate enjoying the "winters" there. What i would give to wear shorts or even capris in the middle of winter.

Dont u just hate those rotten computer viruses? They are the worst. Shame Shame on the people who created them.

I finally bought that "Tigger is that you?" shirt this year! I have wanted it for the past three years! Sorry to hear about your computer.

I have it, too. This year, I noticed they had a few new versions with that same saying. At least, I hadn't seen some of them before.

great update and pics.

nice to see the parade. never seen it but plan to this time.

Have a great week.

There's probably no sense in talking to you, because you're probably gone! ;)
If you haven't left yet, definitely see the parade. It's good.

Good for her!! I would much rather meet the cricket too!!

:guilty: I'm sorry you are having to deal with that. We had that problem with our desktop about a year ago. It finally crashed and then it actually worked better :confused3 ....I thought I had lost everything but it did the system recover very well :thumbsup2

I wish we had watched this last Dec. :sad2: Very bad on my part. I just wasn't wanting to make Matt sit through parades. Not really his favorite....I think if we had kiddo's it would be different.

But I really enjoyed this parade in September with Dawn. So I am looking forward to seeing it one day at christmas time!

Mine too....I'm out

Great update!

Hope you had a wonderful day off!!!! :cloud9:

Yeah, a lot of things will change when you have kids. His heart will soften in many ways, and little things he never thought he'd say or do...he will say and do with joy!

Are you guys planning a trip for next Christmas?

The concert was worth the trouble getting there. It seemed a bit shorter than last year, and they didn't do some of the stuff that they did last year, like a keyboard duel, but it was still fun. And it was definitely worth the trouble when I found out that our seats were in the second row from the stage!!! Got lots of interaction. :)

We also got pretty lucky with our driving, because Worcester and the surrounding areas did get hit hard with the ice storm. According to the boston.com website, there are over 300,000 houses without power in the areas that were hit the hardest, and the earliest estimate that they have for getting the power back is Monday. :eek: I feel so bad for everyone that has to deal with that.

I love Minnie's little Jeep, with the peppermint wheels, and the Mickey head in the front. My dad is very proud of his "manly" Jeep, so I need to show him that picture and tell him that he needs to decorate his that way. :rotfl: I can just imagine the look I'll get...

I read your concert review over on your report. I'm glad it was fun and the drive was okay.

Tell your dad it all starts with painting tiger stripes and such on the jeep, then the Christmas decorations can go on top of that!
I'm sure he'll go along with all that.
Or not.

Good Morning Memom,
Great update and awesome pictures. Jingle Jungle parade is my MUST see favorite parade. Which I will get to see Wednesday :cool1: . Oh, I'm so excited. :woohoo:

Me, too - it's a must see. We saw it Day One, and it just started things off great - so fun and festive.

love the parade pictures:thumbsup2

Thanks. I'll finish it today, if the computers cooperate. I won't leave you sitting on the side (behind the rope, with a dad on his cell phone talking business, a distraught mom trying to soothe an unhappy baby, and the kid standing above you dropping his frozen lemonade on your head) for much longer.

Snakes? Shudder, shudder, shudder!

The parade looks like so much fun! Cracks me up that Brer Rabbit and Brer Bear are in the parade though -- they are just southern good ole' boys and the rest are all exotic! :lmao:

Snakes, tarantulas, lizards, and all kinds of neat stuff. I still have not ever really spent as much time as I would like over in that section. We just kind of walk through, get autographs, see the goats, and head back. If I worked as Disney World, this is a place I could enjoy working at.

Brer Rabbit and Brer Bear are such fun guys!

I chill to the bone too! Sometimes i wish i was back in my homestate enjoying the "winters" there. What i would give to wear shorts or even capris in the middle of winter.

Dont u just hate those rotten computer viruses? They are the worst. Shame Shame on the people who created them.

You're going to have a very different winter this year than you did last year!
Get ready to make snow angels instead of sand castles.

Yeah, this computer I'm on has things blown up to about 200%, so all the picture won't fit on the page. It's a school computer, so I'll have to wait until our tech guy can look at it. Every once in a while, it just quits, so I have to type fast and hope for the best.

Snakes were mentioned earlier.
There was one while we were waiting for Jiminy Cricket.

I happen to agree with Brooklynn on this one! I would rather meet a Cricket too!

Great parade pics!

Off to clean, do :laundy: and clean some more. Nana and Papa come in on Tuesday for Christmas! :thumbsup2

Yeah, a lot of things will change when you have kids. His heart will soften in many ways, and little things he never thought he'd say or do...he will say and do with joy!

I hope so...he is not the best at 'acting' like he wants to do things when he really doesn't :rotfl:

Are you guys planning a trip for next Christmas?

I don't know what our vacation schedule will be next year. But in my mind I'm going :laughing:. No serious plans but he did say we could do that for next year :banana: so I will keep my
1.gif
but I would love to even go with my mom or Dawn or something like that and just have a girls trip too. I really enjoyed our trip this Sept!! Didn't feel like I was 'dragging' someone around like a did a few times last year. Matt is just not as excited about it as I am :yay:

Maybe I could just go with you guys ;)

On with the parade!

Hopefully you have decided that you and yours are on the good list for this year, and you'll have lots of holiday rewards for your nice behavior.

Who knows? You could even get a Christmas trip to Disney World for next season to see this parade in person!

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

Brooklynn slapping hands with an ape with hair as wild as hers can be.

IMG_0112.jpg

Donald rows in

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

and out.

IMG_0118.jpg

The purple kangaroo from the summer is now sporting a wreath.

IMG_0119.jpg

Pluto dances onto the holiday scene.

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

Another cool jeep full of happy riders.

IMG_0124.jpg

Stitch joins in, as well.

IMG_0125.jpg

The Master of Merriment.

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

The parade was ending, but our trip was just beginning!

IMG_0130.jpg

Did you see the difference in the facial expressions of the two CMs?

Off to do more house cleaning. I have been very productive today, so I want to keep going while I'm in a cleaning mood. That snow day yesterday gave me some extra time, which has been a big help.

Trip report 3 is another fun read to look forward too on cold winter days and dream of Disney. :surfweb: Once again I love all of the pictures. :cloud9:

I have great news I leave for Disney on Jan 3rd to spend three action packed days, with my dh family. I wish it was a longer trip but I will take what I can get. All adults in the group so wild rides here I come.

I will be thinking of you next week as the kids are getting ready for their break from school, and getting more excided each day.:santa:

Well, you are 10 pages in, but I'm here finally! Better late than never, right? :goodvibes

He wanted to know if this was Brooklynn's first trip.

This made me laugh out loud!! :) :) Oh no, Mr. Nice CM, this is Brooklyn's 87th trip, you see she belongs to a Disney-Crazed family!!!! :banana: ;)

ASM looks so pretty! I love the tree.

Palm tree shadows in the water.

IMG_0041.jpg

Great picture! I love all the pool shots, so beautiful.

Did you see the difference in the facial expressions of the two CMs?

Yes, I did! Was it just how you happened to catch her, or was she like that the enitre parade? I hope it was just how you snagged the picture...

Looking forward to more! And I agree with everyone, Jill's baby bump is very cute. Pregnant woman are BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks for the fun update MeMom! In all the times I've been to AK I still haven't managed to see one of their parades!!! Not one! Which is odd because I love parades! Thanks for letting me see it through your eyes! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter