Our October Escape 10/13/11. TR Day 4 Wedding Day Part 5 A Little Fun Time at MK:)

* I'm so glad you finally got your pics from Disney! I know you've been waiting for them for quite some time.
* Your pictures of MK are so sweet and awesome!
* I love hearing about your experiences with FG. I would love to experience Disney through a child's eyes. I wish I could afford to take my cousins but I can't right now. They are 6, so I'm hoping that we can go when they are 9 and it will still be magical for them.
* That aunt sounds like such a huge witch! It makes me mad and I'm sorry she was ruining your day. That's such an awful position to be in, since you can't really do anything about it since it isn't your family!
* Haha I am dying to know what your FG said to Ariel and Eric!! I guess it will always be a mystery ;)

-Woohoo! You started your TR!
-Your FG is sooooo cute.
-Do you cry during this ceremony? Because I do. Just sayin.
-So I’m not gonna lie: I didn’t like Tangled all that much. But Rapunzel is sooo cute!
-You sound like SUCH a good Aunt.
-This aunt sounds like a nightmare!!
-The Ariel and Eric in Adventureland are the BEST with character interaction. They spend so much time with the kiddies!
-CBJ was the big surprise? Really? Like, really? I wish Ayla had gotten terrified of the bears, just to show the Aunt! HA!
-Glad your pics came, FINALLY. Late, but finally.

-Started and then abruptly abandoned! :laughing: I was in a really bad wedding funk for awhile, and had to take a break. But I *think* I am ready to get this thing done! Definitely in a better place!:thumbsup2
-I know right? I am so in love with that child!
-I cry at everything at Disney. Thank God I'm not the only one! When we see the welcome sign, the ceremony, the fireworks, the music, the dole whip...yeah, pretty much cry the whole time at WDW. And I go EVERY WEEKEND. And still cry. I'm a disney trainwreck.
-I LOVE Tangled. I have such a crush on Flynn Rider. And Maximus reminds me of my dog Maverick.
-Thank you! I try to be (even though I'm not REALLY her Aunt) I love that kid so much!
-Nightmare is putting it mildly. So, I just said I'm not really Ayla's aunt right? Well, technically, the Aunt isn't really either. She's Ayla's DAD's aunt. Whatever. The day of my wedding, Aunt updates her FB status to say how much fun she's having with the family. Ok, cool whatever. Then, she comments on the status and says, "An ounce of blood is worth more than a pound of friendship." WFT?! Really? Passive aggressive and just plain nasty!! Grrr.
-I always love seeing Ariel and Eric. You are so right. They are the best!
-Now every time we are near the CBJ, DH says "I have a special surprise just for you! Its the CBJ! We are going to watch it over and over again, cause it's soo awesome!" :lmao:
-Pics were a disaster, but I'm in a good place now, and once I get them all edited, I will be photo bombing this TR! :thumbsup2

* I'm so glad you finally got your pics from Disney! I know you've been waiting for them for quite some time.
* Your pictures of MK are so sweet and awesome!
* I love hearing about your experiences with FG. I would love to experience Disney through a child's eyes. I wish I could afford to take my cousins but I can't right now. They are 6, so I'm hoping that we can go when they are 9 and it will still be magical for them.
* That aunt sounds like such a huge witch! It makes me mad and I'm sorry she was ruining your day. That's such an awful position to be in, since you can't really do anything about it since it isn't your family!
* Haha I am dying to know what your FG said to Ariel and Eric!! I guess it will always be a mystery ;)

*It was quite the letdown, but I too am glad to finally have them!
*That's just because Ayla is so freakin' precious! :rotfl:
*I got to see WDW through Ayla's and my nephew Andy's eyes. (more on him soon!) and it was the BEST part of the wedding week. I had so much fun. 9 will still be an awesome age. I went for the first time when I was almost 7, and then again when I was 12, and it was even more magical in some ways, cause I could remember, and comprehend more. You guys will have so much fun!!
*Ruining things is definitely her forte. And she is far from done, let me tell you. If I never see that woman again, it will be too soon!
*I asked Ayla the other day, and this is all I got out of her. Sounds farfetched, so I don't know how based in reality it is, but....
She says that Ariel told her she looked like Melanie, and did Ayla know who that is? And Ayla said, "Yes! She's from So You Think You Can Dance!" And then they started laughing. :confused3: Who knows? But it was SOOO cute!!!

TR Day 1 Part2: (finally!!)

So MOH2 and I hopped in her car and headed to our appointment, and DH and MIL headed back to Daytona. DH wanted to stay at WDW and do some more stuff, but MIL was tired and having none of that. So, they drove home, took a nap, and went to eat at one of our favorite restaurants. MOH2 and I were trying to use her car’s GPS, which had us 45 minutes away from our destination (which MOH2 was told would take 15 min). Which we had only 25 minutes before our appointment, which I tried to tell MOH2 while I was trying to get them to book it out of the park, but no one would listen! GRR!!! :headache: Anyway, the GPS sucked and had us going on the FL Turnpike. I’m thinking, I can get us there so much easier without having to go on the toll road. I used to live in Orlando for a short while back in college, and I am semi-familiar with the area. So we used my phone’s GPS and by-passed the turnpike. While we are navigating crazy Orlando traffic and trying not to be so late, MOH2 decides to call her husband and fill him in on what’s been going on with his family. This is all done over the car’s speakers so I am sitting there feeling mighty uncomfortable and stressed out as they have a family crisis. :rolleyes1 Good thing we are headed to a massage and a facial to relax us! So in the midst of the phone call, MOH2 misses our turnoff and we have to back track. When we finally get to the address that the GPS took us, we are in what seems to be a residential neighborhood filled with townhomes. We walk up to the door, but there are no signs anywhere. So we go through a side gate and try there. Nothing. MOH2 calls them and we try the front door again. Locked. So now, we are SUPER stressed out and about 20 minutes late. The girl finally answers the phone, and the door at the same time, and thank goodness, we are in the right place. I have a pounding headache by this point and all my muscles are knotted up. Thank god I’m getting a massage!!!

So they let us in to this tiny little space. It looks like an office with one chair for pedicures, a room off to the side, and a table in the corner for mani’s. The girl explained to us that the girl that does massages didn’t show up today, so all we could have was the facial. And instead of fighting it, MOH2 says ok that’s fine. NO!! It’s not fine! My body is aching for a massage! You have me so stressed out I can’t stand it!! But I don’t say anything. After all, this is a gift, and I don’t want to be an ungrateful bridezilla. So then, they get us set up for our facials, but explain that since the wedding is so close, they aren’t going to do half of it, because it would open our pores too much and actually cause blemishes, and NO! I definitely don’t want that. And somewhere in the back of my mind, I knew this, but didn’t want to hurt MOH2’s feelings by saying no. So, they take us back and we get into our spa robes and lie down on the table. They turn on a CD with soothing music, do a mask on our faces, and leave us there for about 20 min. After about 5 minutes, the CD goes off, and all we can hear is lawn mowers, cars, and kids yelling. Ahh...how relaxing! And my head and body hurt so bad, that I can’t stand it, and I’m wiggling around all over that table trying to get comfy. The girls finally come in and wash off the mask, and massage my face, and neck a little bit. That was the best part! We got dressed and paid. The girl didn’t get all the mask off my face, so I’m picking dried green mask off my face and the bridge of my nose, all while trying to get MOH2 back to WDW. Gross.

By the time we got back to the hotel, I had 2 spots coming up on my face. Great. I had a rough time the couple months before the wedding with acne. I guess it was from stress, cause I usually don’t have much of a problem. Maybe one during my period, but usually, my skin’s not too bad. I religiously cleansed and buffed, and masked, and acne creamed, and you name it, to make sure I didn’t break out on the wedding day. And in the course of an hour, I have two pop up. Grrr!! So I get to the hotel and wash with my regular face wash. (Luckily, they stayed relatively small, and I took care of them with concealer on wedding day).

Once back at the hotel, MOH2 called to see where Ayla was, and couldn’t get an answer. She wanted them to bring her back around 5 so that she could take a nap before the three of us went to MNSSHP that night. Queue more stress. We made sandwiches and lounged around waiting on them to get back. They brought FG back around 6:15. By then, it was time to get ready for MNSSHP, and she had missed her nap. So we dressed her up in this cute little outfit MOH2 found on ebay, and Aunt decided she wanted to put makeup on FG. FG wanted sparkles, and of course, I had sparkles! (I’m THAT girl!) haha. So I went and got her some eyeshadow. Next thing I know, I walk into the bedroom/bathroom and there is Aunt, rummaging through my makeup, stuff everywhere, and she and my 5 year old FG are going to town with my wedding makeup. I was livid. I said something like, “oh, I see you’ve found my wedding makeup! Maybe you can use some of my everyday stuff, that way this won’t get messed up.” She smirked at me (GRRRRRRR) and said, “oh, I had no idea this was yours.” Yeah right. You watched me get the eyeshadow, and it’s sitting there in MY room with MY stuff. Then she kept making comments about how she wished SHE was invited to the MNSSHP with us, how much does it cost, yada yada. Stop trying to invade my wedding week! Gah!! MOH2 and I both ignored her, but she kept on and on, so finally I told her how much the ticket was. She was like “nevermind!” For once I was SO glad how expensive Disney can be!! :thumbsup2 Aunt got these sparkly earrings for Ayla to wear for her birthday, so we put those on and we were off!! (sparkly earrings come into play later). I instantly felt better now that I had my baby girl with me, cuddled up on my lap on the monorail, and we had SUCH a good time that night! Next up....My “bachelorette” party with a 5 year old! Haha!!

I'm trying to make bags too. :) What program did you use to design your wedding emblem on your bags and door hangers? I'm on an iPad 2, which is the only thingi have to use. And how did you make it an iron on,purchased iron on fabric from michaels or a craft store and printed directly on it?

I'm trying to make bags too. :) What program did you use to design your wedding emblem on your bags and door hangers? I'm on an iPad 2, which is the only thingi have to use. And how did you make it an iron on,purchased iron on fabric from michaels or a craft store and printed directly on it?

We mostly used Word in publishing mode and GIMP (photoshop's free version) a little bit. We got the iron-on sheets from Michael's and printed directly on them. SUCH an easy process! And very cheap.:thumbsup2 I just have to warn you though...The first round I did, I forgot to mirror the image, so it ironed on backwards! :lmao: whoops. So make sure you flip the image! haha!

Day 1 Part 3
MNSSHP

Deana, Ayla and I drove over to MK and arrived just as MNSSHP was getting underway. We got our wristbands and headed in. It was soo much fun seeing all the costumes. It was my first time, and I had a hard time getting used to non cast member grown ups dressed up. There were quite a few good costumes, and a few people I still am not sure whether they were cast members or not! Haha. We wandered for a while, and Ayla wanted to ride the big scary rides, so we hopped on Space Mountain with no wait. She was so scared, but had so much fun! Then we did some trick or treating, met Aurora and Prince Philip and watched the parade.

sleepingbeauty.jpg

It was soo crowded, and as we were waiting for the parade to start, people kept trying to dash across the street, through the barriers, and stand in the walkways. The cast member working crowd control was a parade nazi! He was screaming and yelling at people to keep walking, move over, you can’t go that way! He was ridiculous!

nsshp.jpg

magicmirror.jpg

hitchhikingghosts.jpg

croc.jpg

bootoyou.jpg

After the parade, we made the candy rounds again, rode Pirates and Splash Mountain, and stopped to visit with the characters.

rafiki.jpg

Ayla wanted to see Ariel again, so we went over to her “spot.” Well, we didn’t find Ariel, but we DID find a buff naked man in her place.:banana:
Deana and I had a fit over Tarzan. I couldn’t believe that there was such a scantily clad man working at WDW. We ogled and giggled, and finally Deana is like, “You HAVE to get your picture made with him. And we HAVE to send a copy to Joey.” So, Ayla and I get in line to meet Tarzan, and all of a sudden, I have me a little impromptu bachelorette party at MNSSHP. Tarzan was ridiculous. A half naked man, crouched down on his knuckles talking in broken sentences. Sooo funny. He kept saying things like, “Tarzan like hair. Girl live in Jungle? Tarzan live in jungle. Girl have pretty smile.” It was just hilarious! It took all I had not to laugh in his face. So we got our pictures made, and Deana immediately sent it to Joey. He was a good sport and just laughed at us.

tarzan2.jpg

tarzan2.jpg

1dade07d-orig.jpg

After Tarzan and more candy, we caught the fireworks and the villain dance party afterwards. Then we did a little birthday shopping for Ayla, and she got some pixie dust at Castle Couture. And that child STILL has glitter in her hair. That stuff is ridiculous! haha.

gettingfairydust.jpg

By this point, I’d been up since 4 AM, and I was soo exhausted. So we made our way back to the TTS via the ferryboat. On the way, Ayla was getting sleepy and we tried to get her earrings out before she fell asleep on us. Well, no lie, these were the earrings from HELL!! They had a little barb on the back of them, and it hooked into the other side. Well, poor child has sensitive ears anyway, and gets a little anxious about putting earrings in or taking them out, so I was squeezing her hand, and Deana was trying to get these bad boys out of her poor ears. They wouldn’t budge, and apparently were hurting her pretty badly. She was crying and screaming the whole ferry ride over. It was AWFUL!!! Finally we just gave up. We eventually got the suckers out, but we had to wait til she fell asleep and then took wire cutters and cut them out of her ears. It was terrible. Leave it up to the Aunt to buy the most awful, painful earrings she could find and give them to a 5 year old. :headache: After we got Ayla in bed, we sat up and talked to for a while and just tried to wind down. Eventually, we went to bed around 2 AM.

Day 2 Part 1

I woke up early the next morning before anyone else with one of the worst headaches I’ve ever had. It was pounding! So, at 6AM, I got up and had a redbull and a couple Alleve. I’m not going to lie. Redbull is one of my best friends. I LOVE redbull. I really have a problem. But even I have never had one that early in the morning. (Although it was to become a pattern on this trip. Can we say 10AM ceremony, 7 AM breakfast, and 6AM photo shoot?) There was a lot of redbull consumed on this trip! Haha! The redbull helped, but I still had a headache the rest of the day.

It was so nice to sit on the balcony and look over WDW. It was one of the only quiet down times I had the whole trip and I am really grateful for it. We were at Bonnet Creek, on the 22nd floor, and I could see The Tower of Terror and the hot air balloon in the distance. It was cool and quiet and peaceful. Finally, everyone woke up and we had breakfast and hung out in the suite for a while. Aunt and Grandma took Ayla somewhere and Deana and I packed up my stuff and got ready for my parents to arrive! Finally, Joey called and said that they were pulling into Pop, so we packed up the car and drove over! I was SOOOO excited to see them!

Me being super excited:
welcomehome_2.jpg

popcentury.jpg

daddy_2.jpg

Deana left to go get ready for our nail appointment, and I went to hang out with my parents for a while before it was time to go. After we got them checked in and settled in the room, we went to the cafeteria and grab a bite of lunch. I had the chicken parmesan, and my parents split the tuna salad sandwich. Both were really good considering where we were. We hung out for a while, and then it was time to go. I didn’t want to leave my parents just yet, and I was dragging my heels a bit, which caused us to be late for our appointment (AGAIN). Which caused more drama. Yup, there’s a bridal breakdown coming up soon!

Ok, so it’s been over 6 months since we got hitched and I haven’t even been on the boards in over 3 months. Geez! What’s wrong with me? :confused3 I doubt there is anyone left out there reading or interested.. Can’t say that I blame you! Haha! BUT...I am determined to finish this thing. If nothing else, so that I can have a concise memory of my wedding! Since it’s been a while, a few of my memories are a bit fuzzy, but I think I can finally manage to get this thing finished!

So I left off on day 2 (day 2? Really? Lame), and MaOH and I were headed off to get mani/pedis. We arrived almost 15 minutes late and the girl at the desk was rather rude about it. Turns out, Deana had booked us 2 hours for our appt. but some stupid person at the salon had double booked our last 45 minutes. Really?! So that, on top of our late arrival, meant that the girl (who was the only one there) only had time for 1 mani/pedi. Of course, Deana insisted that I should be the one to get them, I was after all the bride, but I felt soo horrible that I made us late, and that she had done this for me, and I insisted that she had to get hers done too. Since we were wearing Converse, I told her we’d get our nails done and forget about the pedis. No one was going to see our toes anyway. She adamantly refused and I lost it. Straight up heaving sobs in the middle of this salon with the random girl looking at me like I was crazy. :sad::crazy2::sad:

Which is exactly the way I felt. So finally Deana gave in, and agreed that we’d both get our nails done, and if there was time, I’d get a pedi too. So I went first. Now, originally, I had decided that I wanted a French manicure with gel nails and a small band of glitter between the white and pink. But this place didn’t have that capability and only did regular manis on your real nails. Since I was planning on getting fake, my real nails were too short for what I envisioned in my head. At first I was so disappointed, but the girl assured me that she could still do the French mani on my real nail and it would look fine. So she started on my nails and did a really good job. I didn’t ask for the glitter, since we were under time constraints and I didn’t want to seem like more of a bridezilla than I already felt. She put shellac on my nails and I swear that stuff is amazing! My nails never chipped or messed up. It lasted until I finally trimmed it all off weeks and weeks later. Highly recommend it! So, at first I was so upset about not having yet another thing I’d imagined for my wedding day, but looking at the pics and back on the day, I LOVED my nails. After Deana’s nails were finished, we only had time to do a quick polish on my toes instead of a full on pedi and we were done. On the way home, Deana wanted to stop at Target and get a stroller for Ayla, because she was so tired from walking the first day. She also debated on whether or not to wait around and pick up her husband (and a GM) from the airport. I was not a happy girl. I hadn’t seen my parents in 3 months and all I wanted was to get back and spend time with them. Plus, I was mad at Quillon (Q from now on) for bailing on us after promising that his new job wouldn’t interfere with the wedding. So we did go to Target, but Deana decided to let him take the ME to the hotel. So we grabbed a few 12 packs of sodas, finally found a stroller and headed back to Disney. (The stroller that Ayla NEVER used by the way! Grr). :headache:

So, when I come back, ready for some rest and QT with my family, and find Joey and my dad at the concierge desk, and neither look happy. I rushed over to see what was wrong, realizing that the drama free afternoon I was hoping for wasn’t going to happen. The tuxedos were supposed to be delivered to Pop that morning, and Joey was just getting around to pick them up, so that the guys could try them on. And no one could find the tuxes. Ahhh!!! :faint:

Disney was so helpful and calming, especially once I arrived. I think my earlier meltdown was still all over my face, cause the first thing the lady helping us said to me, was “Don’t panic. I will handle this. No stress for the bride” in this very calming soothing voice. So they called Men’s Wearhouse, and they claimed that they had delivered the tuxes as scheduled early that morning. So, Disney sent someone else to look again. Nothing. So Disney swears they don’t have them, and MW swears that they delivered them. The lady helping us (oh, I wish I could remember her name) gets this low tone of voice and very calmly, but menacingly, explains to MW that they should look again just to make sure. Finally, MW discovers that when they dropped off our tuxes, that they picked up someone else’s. And somehow, the doofus doing the dropping off and picking up, picked up EVERYTHING and took it back to MW, including our tuxes that he’d just dropped off. Gah! Really? So they said they’d bring them over right away, and another crisis diverted. Whew. They delivered the tuxes within an hour and Joey and my dad went to try everything on, and thankfully, everything fit perfectly.

The rest of the evening was pretty uneventful. I spent the evening hanging out by the pool with my mom, dad, Joey, and MIL. Then we ate something unmemorable from the cafeteria, headed to my parents’ room and just lounged around watching TV and relaxing. I had thought about sneaking over to MK and watching fireworks, but I was so exhausted that Joey and I passed out pretty early.

Up next, my nephew (and favorite person on the planet!) finally arrives and the wedding festivities get into full swing!

We woke up early (after the only good night’s sleep I was going to get the whole trip!) super excited because all the fun stuff was about to begin! Everyone was arriving today and we were ready for fun in the parks, family luncheon, and the welcome party that night. We met Katie Sue, (technically a BM, although she stood up on Joey’s side) in the lobby at POP to visit for a bit before we sent her off to explore AK. She went solo, and I feel bad about it, but she had a blast and we just couldn’t fit it into our schedule. Before she left, we pulled her Photopass card out of her welcome bag, so she could get pictures for us.

ksaktink2.jpg

ksdreamsak.jpg

Then we met my mom and dad, and Joey’s mom in the cafeteria for breakfast. Then it was time for Steffi (Joey’s sister) and Andy (our nephew) to arrive! I was so excited to see them. I love my nephew more than anything in the world. He is the love of my life, coolest kid ever. Ayla, my FG loves him too. She’s decided that they are going to get married at Disney when they grow up. Which is a-okay by me! My two favorite kids getting married in my favorite place? Then I would really be her “Aunt Allie” Andy isn’t too keen on the idea yet, but he’s only 7, so hopefully he’ll come around! Haha. They finally arrived and we got them settled into their room and then it was time for the family luncheon!

RingSecurity.jpg

ears32.jpg

waitingonabus.jpg

ringbearer.jpg

withAndy.jpg

We hopped a Disney bus over to DTD and met up with Joey’s dad, Marlowe and his stepmom, Diane at Rainforest Café. We had a blast! It was one of my favorite memories of the trip. Marlowe and Diane got us a cake, and had little favor bags for everyone, and it was so nice to just sit and visit with our two families. They also got us two Rainforest Café pilsners and filled them with hershey’s kisses and some mint with a hundred dollar bill wrapper. Anyone know what those are called? I hate chocolate and mints haha, but the gesture was so sweet. Diane said it was to symbolize the hundreds of kisses we will share. Aww!

dadrainforest.jpg

mom.jpg

rainforestcopy.jpg

rainforestguys.jpg

millionsofkisses.jpg

stef2.jpg

practicingcutthecake.jpg

familydinner2.jpg

andy.jpg

groomscake.jpg

practicingcutthecake.jpg

marloweanddiane-1.jpg

So after completely stuffing ourselves, we said goodbye to Marlowe and Diane and my mom and dad, and headed for DHS. Andy wanted to ride the Tower of Terror and that’s all he’d been talking about for months, so we were going to do that first. We met up with Katie Sue and made our way in. On the way the Pixar parade came through and it was amazing to see Andy’s face when he saw those characters. He was in complete awe and waved to every single character. It was so sweet.

hseverafter.jpg

hskiss.jpg

hsdreams.jpg

The parks weren’t busy at all and we waited maybe 10 minutes for Tower. Andy sat in between Joey and I and he was sooo excited. He was holding my hand and after the first drop I looked over at him fully expecting to see delight on his face. Uh, not quite. Sheer terror was more like it. I’ve never seen a kid that scared! I felt sooo bad. He didn’t cry, but he was close. He’s a tough kid though, cause he was ready to tackle RNR next. He was scared at first, but he really had fun on that one. My favorite DHS memory with Andy though, has to be the Great Movie Ride. He LOVES the wizard of Oz, so I was so excited for him to see that part. When we got to Dorothy and the gang in front of the Emerald City, that precious boy starting waving at them! He totally thought they were real, and it took me back to being a kid again, and really shows the magic of Disney. So adorable! We rode more rides and shopped for a while, then it was time to head back to the hotel and start getting ready for the welcome party.

Yay your back.

Don't make us wait so long again for an update lol.

So cute with Andy and the wizard of Oz scene on GMR

Yay your back.

Don't make us wait so long again for an update lol.

So cute with Andy and the wizard of Oz scene on GMR

Yeah, I've had a hard time dealing with the wedding. Definitely had a love/hate relationship with everything, and it took a long time to find my happy place regarding everything. It's sooo good to be back and hopefully I can get this thing done soon!

Glad to see there's someone out there still reading! I figured everyone would've given up on me by now! :lmao:

Andy is amazing! :lovestruc

Sorry to hear about your love/hate relationship with your wedding.

I've subscribed so I will get the updates so I can keep track of (stalk) your report LOL. Looking forward to more

I'm still here following along and I want to keep reading your TR!
* First of all, I definitely would've started sobbing in the nail salon place too! All the wedding stuff is emotional enough, and then when they screw up something like that it is really frustrating!
* I had the Shellac nails done twice and both times it didn't last very long for me! I don't know what's up with that. I did a trial before my wedding and they started peeling off on their own after about a week. After the wedding I lost one I think on the first or second day of the honeymoon! I was sad. I guess I am just not meant to have nicely done nails!
* The Rainforest Cafe looks like a great time. I love that place!
* Your nephew sounds awesome! How brave for even riding Tower of Terror in the first place! I wouldn't do it til I was 18. And even then I was completely terrified. Glad he enjoyed Rockin Roller Coaster!
* I hope you update again soon, I am looking forward to reading more!

Sorry to hear about your love/hate relationship with your wedding.

I've subscribed so I will get the updates so I can keep track of (stalk) your report LOL. Looking forward to more

Stalk away! :goodvibes Glad you are following along! Now if only I could keep track of my report! haha!

I'm still here following along and I want to keep reading your TR!
* First of all, I definitely would've started sobbing in the nail salon place too! All the wedding stuff is emotional enough, and then when they screw up something like that it is really frustrating!
* I had the Shellac nails done twice and both times it didn't last very long for me! I don't know what's up with that. I did a trial before my wedding and they started peeling off on their own after about a week. After the wedding I lost one I think on the first or second day of the honeymoon! I was sad. I guess I am just not meant to have nicely done nails!
* The Rainforest Cafe looks like a great time. I love that place!
* Your nephew sounds awesome! How brave for even riding Tower of Terror in the first place! I wouldn't do it til I was 18. And even then I was completely terrified. Glad he enjoyed Rockin Roller Coaster!
* I hope you update again soon, I am looking forward to reading more!

Becky! I'm so glad you are still here. I've been a horrible DisBride. I followed along with everyone for a while, but then life got in the way and I didn't even get on the boards for months. Now that I'm back, I don't feel like I'll ever catch up with everyone! Glad that some of my girls are still out there! Missed you!! :goodvibes

*I was a wreck pretty much the whole time. All the planning and leading up to the wedding week seemed so easy and problem free. I just thought it would all be smooth sailing!
*Sorry that the shellac didnt work for you. Stupid nails! This was only the second time I'd ever had my nails done, and I was so nervous that I would mess them up. So grateful that they turned out well.
*We debated a long time on where to have the family lunch. In the end, we picked somewhere that we thought Andy would like. It was so much fun! Turns out, we all loved it!
*My nephew is the coolest kid ever! He's amazing. And after he got over his initial fright of the TOT, he wanted to do it again to quote, "conquer his fear!" Unfortunately, we didnt get back to it during the wedding week, but he's coming down this summer, and that's the first thing on his list!

Apparently, I should not have waited 6 months to try and write my TR, because I’m already messing things up and forgetting stuff! So, welcome the most confusing TR report ever, where I will simply bounce back and forth between events with no rhyme or reason whatsoever! Ok..so let’s skip back to Day 2 (Tuesday evening) for a moment. I reported that once our tuxedo mishap was fixed that we lounged and visited and went to bed. And while this is true, after dinner, Joey and I took Q’s tux over to Bonnet Creek to make sure that it fit properly and to pick up all the wedding “junk” that we had stowed in their suite. So we hopped in the car and headed over. When we got there, Q tried on the tux (fit perfectly thank goodness!) and we hung out for a while and had a few (MUCH needed) beers. They also gave us our wedding present. Which I totally did not expect anything else from them. Deana had already taken me to get the facial (and tried for the massage), the mani/pedis, and treated me to MNSSHP. We had specifically told everyone that the only gift we needed was their presence at our wedding. It was too much. So they presented us with a card and this:

beautyandthebeastart.jpg

Framed and signed by the artist!!! Holy cow! Too much! I started crying AGAIN! So after the second crying fit of the day, Q and Deana helped us pack up the car and we drove back to POP.

We finally found a luggage cart, packed it up, and made our way over to the 70’s building. It was getting a little late by that point, but I wanted to get everything organized and ready for the next day, and I didn’t want to worry about it cutting into our park time. As I started going through the stuff, I realized that I had left Andy’s welcome bag at home! Now, home is only an hour and 15 away, but Joey doesn’t drive well at night (he gets this weird road hypnosis thing) and I was TIRED! So, I did what any spoiled only child would do. I walked down the hall to my mom and dad’s room and had the third crying fit of the day! My dad said that he would get up early in the morning and go get it for me. He is the best dad ever!!! He is an early riser (always had to be at work at 4:30 or 5:00 AM) so he said it was no big deal. So we handed over our keys and told him where to find the bag. I was so upset because there was a shirt in there for Andy that I made for him to wear and of all the bags, his was absolutely the most important one. I felt like such a doofus! But daddy swooped in to save the day, and another crisis averted! He was back from Daytona in time for breakfast the next morning and Andy got all his goodies!

Ok, we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. Day 3 Part 2 coming up!

I'm still reading!!!! I'm so glad to see that you are back I am loving the pictures you're including, your FG and Andy are SO adorable!!!

I totally understand the meltdowns...that Aunt woman sounds absolutely EVIL...I can't imagine how much added stress she caused in an already stressful situation...and that ounce of blood comment ?!REALLY?????!!! Evil!!!!

Can't wait to hear more, I bet you were a gorgeous bride!!

Brooke

Yay, you’re back!!! ☺

-That Ring Security shirt is so cute!
-Awww, that mug is such a nice gesture.
-Andy on the GMR sounds soooo cute. So cute!
-OMG! That piece of artwork is GORGEOUS!!! I’m kind of in love with it. Can I come to your house and steal it?!
-Ha! I am glad your parents went to the rescue!

Can’t wait to hear more! So glad you’re back!!

The Beauty and the Beast art is absolutely gorgeous! What an awesome gift! And I'm glad your dad was able to fix everything for you. I would've done the same thing as you ;)

I'm still reading!!!! I'm so glad to see that you are back I am loving the pictures you're including, your FG and Andy are SO adorable!!!

I totally understand the meltdowns...that Aunt woman sounds absolutely EVIL...I can't imagine how much added stress she caused in an already stressful situation...and that ounce of blood comment ?!REALLY?????!!! Evil!!!!

Can't wait to hear more, I bet you were a gorgeous bride!!

Brooke

Glad you're still here! Aren't those kids just amazing?! I love them both soo much! They were the best part of the wedding week! (Aside from getting married of course! haha)

As far as that Aunt goes, she's pretty much my least favorite person on the planet. We are almost done with her in my TR thank goodness!!

Yay, you’re back!!! ☺

-That Ring Security shirt is so cute!
-Awww, that mug is such a nice gesture.
-Andy on the GMR sounds soooo cute. So cute!
-OMG! That piece of artwork is GORGEOUS!!! I’m kind of in love with it. Can I come to your house and steal it?!
-Ha! I am glad your parents went to the rescue!

Can’t wait to hear more! So glad you’re back!!

Jackie!
So glad you're still here with me. I am furiously trying to get caught up with your TR. I will be leaving you a mile long comment soon I'm sure! But I will say that everything looked beautiful! You were stunning dahlin! So, I'm still reading and bear with me, I'm getting caught up slowly!!

*I loved that shirt. Wasn't sure how it was going to turn out, and if he'd wear it since there was sparklies on the front, but he loved it! Isn't he the most handsome thing you've ever seen!? Well, maybe I'm biased, but I think so anyway! ;)
*I thought the mug was so sweet and thoughtful. Joey enjoyed the candy, and I was happy about the pilsner because we collect them. We have one from Margaritaville Orlando, Myrtle Beach, and Charleston, A Hard Rock Orlando, and Myrtle Beach, and now a Rainforest Cafe! YAY!
*Isn't she a beaut? I couldn't believe that they did that for us! Sometimes I just sit and stare at her. Love it soo much! And you can come stare at her with me any time you want!
* I have the best parents. They drive me crazy, and they are crazy, and a little overbearing at times, but by God, they would and will do anything they can for me. (I'm only a little bit spoiled though) I definitely feel loved! (And eternally grateful!)

The Beauty and the Beast art is absolutely gorgeous! What an awesome gift! And I'm glad your dad was able to fix everything for you. I would've done the same thing as you ;)

I was SO SO happy! I couldn't believe it! One of the best gifts EVER! :yay:
So grateful for my daddy! He's the best! :thumbsup2

As we return to our regularly scheduled programming, Joey and I have just returned from DHS with family in tow, and are getting ready for our welcome party. When we arrive at POP, two of our guests, Randy and Martha were waiting by the pool bar. The party wasn’t for another hour and a half, but they wanted to see us early and head to EPCOT for the evening.

*Before you go thinking that they are rude guests or something like that, a little background is in order. As well as being a flight instructor in NC, Joey was also a co-owner of a company that was basically an Ebay/Amazon for airplanes. He met Randy through the company when Randy bought one of Joey’s airplanes. The relationship continued further when Randy became one of Joey’s flight students and then they became really good friends. As Joey would say, “You can’t spend hours cooped up with someone in the cockpit of a Cessna 172 and not come out of it either best friends or worst enemies.” Lucky for both of them, they became best of friends and Randy became somewhat of a mentor to Joey. I don’t want to get too far off track, but Randy is a VERY wealthy, former CEO of a big Corporation and is a big hearted, kind, and amazing man! He paid for Joey to go back to school, so that he could get this amazing job at Embry Riddle Aeronautical, is planning on buying Joey an airplane when he graduates!
(well, not just any airplane...THIS airplane!):

ready_to_taxi.jpg

...And he paid for our wedding. When he found out that we’d been engaged for almost 6 years, and the only reason we weren’t married was because of the money, he said, “Here’s $10,000. Go get married.” :scared1: That man is ridiculous!

Randy is very humble and hush hush about the money. He laid low the whole wedding week, I think because he didn’t want a big deal made over him. He kept saying, “this is for family, we aren’t going to intrude.” We kept insisting that he WAS family, but he wouldn’t budge. Ok, so back to the TR.

We ran up to our room to grab their welcome bags and came back to visit and make sure they didn’t have questions about the wedding day the next morning.

Those lovely people sat there with us and went through EVERY single thing in that welcome bag, graciously excited and oohing and ahhing over all the little DIY and dollar tree trinkets in their bag. It was SO nice to see my work appreciated like that, and it meant a lot. We finally said goodbye to Randy and Martha, and raced upstairs to get everything ready for our other guests.

We decided in the beginning of the planning process that we were going to do a very informal low key, low stress get together the night before, basically just to get the welcome bags and info out and make sure that we got to see all of our guests for at least a few minutes without crazy hectic wedding madness! We were just going to grab a bunch of pizzas, slap ‘em on a paper Mickey plate, and relax. Best laid plans right?

We sent my dad out for the pizzas and Katie Sue volunteered to go with him. Thank goodness for her! She saved my dad’s day for sure. Dad decided to go to a different Little Caesars than the one we saved for him in the GPS. That LC was closed. So now, he’s lost on the Florida Turnpike trying to find another LC, fight traffic, and figure out where he is. KS is an angel and I will be forever grateful to her. She kept my dad calm, worked the GPS, her phone’s GPS, found a Little Caesars and got them back to POP all in one piece! While dealing with the pizza fiasco and answering the phone a million times, Joey and I are trying to load all the bags, GM and BM gifts, sodas, plates, snacks, etc onto a luggage cart to take down to the pool area.

We also had to make sure that we had Steffi’s BM’s dress for her to try on and get steamed for in the morning. If you’ll remember, Steffi never met up with Deana to pick up her dress. So out of COMPLETE anger and frustration I basically said, “Forget it” (Well, it might have been more colorful than that!) And asked Deana just to hold on to it and bring it down, and if it didn’t fit, oh well.

So, I’m trying to rummage through the fifty million boxes and bags and tubs of stuff in our room, trying to find the dress. I can’t find it anywhere. So I have Joey call Deana while I tear the room apart trying to find it. She swears that it was in the stuff she brought over on Tuesday, when she dropped me off to meet my parents. So I go through it again, nothing. Run over to my parents’ room and tear their room apart. Joey and Deana unloaded everything while I was visiting with mom and dad that day, so I have no idea what happened with all that stuff. I do NOT remember seeing the dress when I packed her car up that morning, but I thought that it was already in her car. Joey doesn’t remember seeing the dress, I don’t remember seeing the dress, and Deana SWEARS that she remembers it was with my stuff that morning.

The dress is still MIA.

So Deana, convinced that the dress is somewhere in my room leaves Bonnet Creek with Q, Noelle and Ayla and heads over to POP. During all this, Joyell and Hillarie have arrived at the hotel, and come over to visit with us, and I fill them in on the current drama. By now, it’s time for the welcome party to start and everyone is running around trying to find Steffi’s BM dress without letting her know that it’s missing. Deana arrives and comes up to the room and finally agrees that maybe she DIDN’T pack the dress with my stuff. Uh, really? You think?! So Joey goes down stairs to let everyone know that we are running late. Deana and Q call the Evil Aunt to see if she’ll look for them around their suite. She’s not in her room, but will be shortly. Dad finally arrives almost an hour late for the party, so, not wanting to let everyone wait, we head down to have the party and pretend that everything is ok.

Joyell and Hillarie took SUCH good care of me. You will be proud of me and surprised to learn that after all that crying on Tuesday, I completely held it together for this crisis. Maybe I was all cried out, or spent or in shock. But I did really well! Hillarie and Joyell helped with that I’m sure. They were literally on either side of me holding me up, getting me rum drinks and distracting me.

Deana and Q left with Noelle to go back to Bonnet Creek to meet Aunt and Q’s mom and keep up the dress search, and left Ayla with us to hang with Andy. We finally have to let Steffi know what’s going on, (because she’s not stupid) and she was surprisingly calm too. Which I’m glad, because I think if she’d acted upset, I probably would’ve gone off on her. This was after all, her fault in a lot of ways.

So, by now, its almost too dark to see to eat, Andy and Ayla are cranky because they want to swim, but everyone is too distracted to go watch them, and I am being watched like a hawk for signs of a meltdown.

About 15 minutes after they left, Q calls Joey to let us know that they found the dress. It was in the back of Q’s mom’s car. WHAT?!?! How in the world did that happen? Turns out, Deana put all of her luggage, etc in their car on the way down to Orlando so that she’d have room to take my stuff over. Apparently, someone left the dress in the car when they unpacked her stuff. Ok, I’m not saying that the Aunt did it on purpose, but the whole thing seems kinda fishy to me. How do you miss a sparkly blingy dress? Yes, it was still wrapped up in the clear packaging, but it was very obviously wedding related. But...whatever! We found it!! So Q explains that Deana is bringing the dress over and picking up Ayla and heading back to Bonnet Creek because they are tired. Ummm....WHAT?!?!?! Oh HELL no! They ruined the welcome party, stressed me out the night before my wedding, LOST A BRIDESMAIDS dress, and they were going to skip out on the party? Because they were tired? I was beyond pissed and pretty ready to have that meltdown everyone was on the lookout for. When Joey filled me in on what the plan was, I went off. I told him to get back on the phone with Q RIGHT then and tell him how uncool it was, how upset I was, and that I had GM/MOH/Birthday presents for them, as well as their welcome bags with important information about the wedding day inside, as well as things they would need in the morning.

And God love Joey, that’s exactly what he did. He didn’t freak out on them, but calmly explained everything while still being calm and collected. So they decided they would all come back and almost 2 hours late, we started our casual, relaxing, kicking it by the pool welcome party. Hah.

The rest of the night was fun. No one ate very much because it was so late, and I think everyone wanted to get their goodies and hit the sack. But they were all troopers and put on happy faces for me. And I'm so thankful for that. For all the drama, I have great friends and family! Everyone LOVED their presents and welcome bags and were impressed at all that we’d done for them. I was SOO happy that they liked everything. It was really important to me to let everyone know how thankful we were that they were sharing our special “week” with us, and how much it meant to us. So, it was the greatest feeling to know that they liked everything!

Here are some pics:

Hillarie, my MOH (with Katie Sue in the background):
hilliebeans.jpg

Joyell, BM and college bestie:
WP.jpg

Katie Sue and Quillon:
welcomeparty3.jpg

Daddy (with Deana, Quillon, and Noelle in the background):
WP4.jpg

Joyell, KS, and Hillarie:
thegirlies_2.jpg

Pizza:
pizzacopy.jpg

welcomeparty-1.jpg

Noelle with her birthday stuff:
hat.jpg

noelliebday-2.jpg

joyell.jpg

katiesue.jpg

bubbleface.jpg

I want to swim:
iwannaswim.jpg

Joey's dad:
marlowe-3.jpg

flower2.jpg

Awful pic, me trying to smile when I obviously don't want to, after the night from hell :lmao:
welcomeparty.jpg

And the BEST picture of the night (sums it up perfectly):
toomuchfun_2.jpg

Wedding day is next!!! Whoo Hoo!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Awww, thank you for trying to catch up, sweetie! I’m sure it’s overwhelming.
-And I agree, your nephew is soooo handsome. But I’m not being a creeper or anything LOL
-And I am glad your parents are so awesome…
-But not as awesome as this Randy fellow. Seriously, he sounds like the best friend in the world. Also, that plane is gorgeous. And I went “!!!!” when you said he paid for your wedding. Just WOW! He sounds fabulous. I am so happy for you that you have someone like that in your life.
-I am getting so stressed as I read this. The dress is currently MIA, if you’re curious as to where I am.
-So glad you held it together, missy. I don’t think I would have.
-THANK GOD THE DRESS WAS THERE!!! I want to kick the evil aunt in the nuts though.
-Jerkfaces skipping out on the party! Stupid jerkfaces.
-I’m glad the party ended up being fun. Everyone looks so happy!!! I can’t wait for the next installment!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter