Our October Escape 10/13/11. TR Day 4 Wedding Day Part 5 A Little Fun Time at MK:)

I looooooove your tote bags! Where did you get them made?

Thanks! I actually ordered the tote from some website...I think it was cheaptotes.com and then DH and I designed the logo on the Mac and just ironed them on. It was easy and cheap! I think the bags were like 99 cents a piece. They were lightweight and all my guests loved them!

Thanks! I actually ordered the tote from some website...I think it was cheaptotes.com and then DH and I designed the logo on the Mac and just ironed them on. It was easy and cheap! I think the bags were like 99 cents a piece. They were lightweight and all my guests loved them!

Wow, you can't tell it's an iron-on. Great job!

those are such fun bridesmaid dresses!

Thank you! I was looking for something a little different and a lot of fun...and I think they worked! My girls loved the dresses, and they got so many compliments from everyone. I was so glad that they all looked and felt beautiful and hip, and didn't have to walk around in the dreaded "bridesmaids" dress! :laughing: And they all said that they would be wearing the dresses again. They even wanted to wear them in the parks! But all I had to say was "Splash Mountain" and they changed their minds real quick! :lmao:

ok...so I've been a slacker. It's been almost a month since I got married, and I haven't even updated on what happened the week before the wedding! gah! I guess at this point, I'm going to use the excuse of waiting til the pics come in! :lmao: Which, if they don't hurry, DH (husband! yay!) is going to bust! He is more excited and impatient than I am! Anyone know how long it usually takes to get the pics back? We are a few days shy of one month, and I'm getting antsy!

Soo...I have to run a few errands today, but I'm hoping to get started on the TR (or at least the few days leading up to the TR-hehe) this afternoon. I've been trying to get photopass pics and guests' pics organized and together, and that will help motivate me to do the TR.

I think a lot of the procrastination has been due to some post wedding depression. But it's weird, because most people go through that because they had such an amazing wonderful day that they have a time dealing with reality. And as much as I try to pretend, I just have to be honest and say that a lot of the wedding trip was SUCH a disappointment and fell so short of my expectations that I am just sad. That was really hard for me to write. Who wants to admit that they were less than thrilled with their wedding? And it was seemingly insignificant things, but nonetheless, have kind of tainted the whole experience. If I'm being honest, I'm kinda bitter about the whole thing. And I feel like a bridezilla, or a spoiled brat for even thinking it, much less saying it. But I can't hold it in, and I cant say anything to DH, or my parents, or my best friends, because it would really hurt them to know that after all the planning and money and hype, I just wasn't that impressed. Gah...am I awful and ungrateful or what? I've expressed a little to DH, but he just says, "well I got to marry you, so it was the best day of my life...so it should be yours too." And I think it hurts him that it wasnt. So I dropped it with him. I guess he just can't understand. It was stupid things like my hair, and the cake, and the violinist messing up the music, and it was big things like my MOH losing a bridesmaid's dress the night before the wedding, and every single person being 40 minutes late to my dessert party, and a MOH and GM that let their family (total strangers) intrude on our wedding week (big long super infuriating story there!), and having to cancel our honeymoon because of lack of funds....grrr. Anyway, I'll explain everything in my TR. And I don't want you to think that it was all awful, because it wasn't! There were many many awesome parts to my wedding, and as a whole, it was good. But right now, I just can't seem to get over the bad parts. Maybe as I write out the TR and everything that happened, I can get some closure and move on....I hope you guys can bear with me through that. And I hope my TR isn't going to be the worst ever on the boards! :laughing:

Ok...not sure how this turned into a long a$$ woe is me rant. Oops! Anyway, the real reason I decided to update is this:
Joey and I have decided to do a Disney Cruise for our honeymoon! We didn't get one after the wedding (story coming up in the TR!) and since Joey just got a promotion at work :-)yay:) things are looking up for us, and we decided to celebrate! I think we will spend a few days on WDW property and then do at least a 5 day cruise! Neither of us have ever cruised before, so it should be so much fun!

AND....we've decided to buy into DVC! It will be a while, but we are putting the plans in motion, and starting to save/research!

So, I'm excited and trying to focus on all that lies ahead for us! "Keep Moving Forward!" :thumbsup2

:hug: I'm so sorry for what you're feeling. You know that you can always come to the DIS and talk about stuff like that, we are here for you! :grouphug: I'm sure that if many things had gone wrong with my wedding, like you're describing, I would have been really upset too. If you think about it, in a way it's almost silly for everyone to expect it to be the best day of your life, because there's just so much stress surrounding everything and so much invested, so when things do go wrong it's a lot worse - because it's "supposed" to be your perfect day. Anyhow, I really wish there was something I could do to help you feel better! If anything I'm hoping that writing about everything will get all of the bad feelings out, and then you'll be able to focus on the good :goodvibes

And speaking of good, that's great news about the Disney cruise! :woohoo: I love cruises but I've never been on a Disney one so I bet that's even better! And DVC! That's amazing too! I'd love to do that someday but it will definitely be awhile before we decide.

Looking forward to your TR!

Allie,
Oh, sweetie, I am so sorry. :hug: I'm sorry you're having post-wedding blues, and we are all CERTAINLY hear to listen to you. I am sorry you didn't have the wedding you dreamed of, but I am glad to hear that it was MOSTLY good and that, like, you didn't get left at the altar or, like, fall in the pool or something.

And you will LOVE a Disney Cruise. I went on one when I was 16 and it was the best vacation of my life. And I also made the former Vice President of Glad's grandson (you got all that?) fall in love with me while I was on that cruise. :lmao: (This was pre-DF!!!!!)

And YAY DVC!!!!!!!!!!!! My grandparents have DVC and I commandeer their points a lot. You'll love it too.

(Oh, I loved your bags btw!!)

Oh my sweet Allie, I am so so sorry that you have these horrid feelings about your wedding day!! As much as we are loathe to admit it, everybody has small things that don't go entirely to plan on their day, but it sounds like a lot of the bigger things which upset you were caused by so-called friends and family and people who love you!! That is so sad and must be extremely hard for you.
As you have obviously realized, you are now the wife of the man you love and that is what is important. He obviously adores you!!! I do, however, understand how devastated you must feel.
Your DISfriends are here for you when you want a rant and please know that we still want to hear all about it and see what a beautiful bride you were.
You can always plan a VR as compensation!!!:lmao:
Yay for the cruise and for DVC. You will love being in the DVC family - I know I do!!!

Ok....so last few days before TR begins. Friday we did laundry, and packed, and cleaned because Joey’s mom was coming to stay with us a few days. She arrived on Saturday morning to a monsoon! All she wanted was to lie on the beach and soak up some rays. Pretty much like this: :beach: We’d had beautiful weather for days and days, and as soon as MIL decides to come down, we get a monsoon. We laughed the whole weekend, because the weather people were having a field day. They kept calling it “Tropical Storm-like conditions, but it’s NOT a tropical storm people!” Every five seconds. It was so annoying. The three of us kept looking at each other and saying, “This isn’t a tropical storm. It looks like a TS, sounds like a TS, has ALL the makings of a TS, but it is NOT a TS! And don’t you forget it!” :happytv: (I have no pics, so I'll just use smilies to liven up this post!)
Anyway, we picked MIL up from the airport, took her to our favorite beach side restaurant and watched the crazy people trying to surf in the storm. Then we took her on a rainy tour of Daytona.

Sunday, my MOH2 and flower girl made the trip down to WDW and stopped off in Daytona to cram her car full of as much stuff for the wedding as she could. Haha. I have a tiny Corolla, so I knew I’d need some help getting all my stuff over to WDW. (It ended up taking her car crammed full, and two trips of my car being crammed full to get everything over. Although I do have to say that is with MIL and my parents riding in the car too). MOH2 just bought a new Veloster (?) it’s a cool little sports car. :car: But we managed to cram a whole lotta stuff in that tiny little car! They hung out most of the day with us, and then drove over to Orlando. We finished packing and hit the sack!

Ok....I feel like there needs to be just a bit of backstory right here so that everything makes sense later.

MOH2, Deana, is married to GM Quillon. FG is their daughter. Noelle is their other daughter (who’s 18th bday is on the wedding day). OK. So...As soon as we were set for the wedding, they decide to come early and make a family vacation out of it. FG is turning 5 on the 9th, Noelle is turning 18 on the 13th...it just works for them. Q ends up getting a new job about a month before the wedding. Before taking said job, he tells them up front that he will be gone this week for bdays and the wedding. Job says, “no problem, we are a family company, that’s cool.” So, 10 days before they are set to leave, his bosses decide that they can’t do without him and that he has to stay for the weekend before and come back the weekend after. Which means he misses his daughter’s 5th birthday, his whole family’s first trip to Disney, and most of our wedding festivities, since he gets there late Tues and has to leave early Friday morning to get back. :mad: So this completely devastates my MOH2, and therefore, pretty much ruins her time with her family. And it’s also really upsetting to us. Especially DH. Q is pretty much DH’s only close guy friend. Not sure how it happened, but DH hangs out mostly with the girls. So, I think it really hurt his feelings that Q bowed down to the new bosses. But wait...there’s more! Q also invited his mom and his crazy, mean, vindictive, trouble making Aunt down too.:furious: I know what you’re thinking, but I’m not kidding. And it’s not just cause I can’t stand the woman. Just being truthful guys. And nice. I’m being nice about her. I swear! This isn’t even close to the first time I’ve seen this woman completely ruin something for my friends. Anyway.

When they found out about the Disney trip they pitched a fit that they were going to miss FG’s first trip. So, Q bowed down to them too, and they all decided to split a suite at Wyndham Bonnet Creek (which is SUPER nice btw). They both assured us that they explained to his family that this was OUR week, and that they were here for us, and that we came first. Well, do you think that happened? Nope. Not at all. So now, MOH2 doesn’t have her husband for some major stuff, but also has to deal with her crazy inlaws. And I know it seems like it’s just their problem, but nope. They caused so many problems for me too, as you will see. :headache: One more thing about the drama family. Noelle decides that she doesn’t want to miss her boyfriend’s birthday (who is a jerk and missed all of her dance performances last year...whatever) and has tickets to see Adele. So, without telling or asking anyone, she buys herself a plane ticket and decides to come down late on Wednesday. (Adele ended up cancelling the show btw, so she missed it anyway). So, I’m really upset. I was looking forward to spending all this time with her (she’s like my little sister), and I had all these surprises for her for her birthday and the week around it. But, oh well. What are you gonna do? This also was yet another blow to MOH2, because now, not only is her husband really not going to be there, neither is her daughter. It’s now just her and FG. I was so sad for her, and it really affected her mood for the whole trip. :mad: :sad1: Ok...so I know that’s long and drawn out, and you’re like “why does this matter?” But I promise all those things will come into play throughout the week. So...guess what? We are now all caught up! It’s now time to start the TR!!! Finally!

Oh my sweet Allie, I am so so sorry that you have these horrid feelings about your wedding day!! As much as we are loathe to admit it, everybody has small things that don't go entirely to plan on their day, but it sounds like a lot of the bigger things which upset you were caused by so-called friends and family and people who love you!! That is so sad and must be extremely hard for you.
As you have obviously realized, you are now the wife of the man you love and that is what is important. He obviously adores you!!! I do, however, understand how devastated you must feel.
Your DISfriends are here for you when you want a rant and please know that we still want to hear all about it and see what a beautiful bride you were.
You can always plan a VR as compensation!!!:lmao:
Yay for the cruise and for DVC. You will love being in the DVC family - I know I do!!!

Joanne! Have I ever told you how sweet you are? Well, I am now! You always have the sweetest, most helpful things to say to everyone. Just thought you should know how awesome you are! :thumbsup2 Thank you! I go through ups and downs in regards to the wedding. One minute, I'm so ecstatic about getting married at DISNEY!!!!!:woohoo: And then I start dwelling on certain things, and poof! I'm in a funk again. But I am all the time ecstatic to be married!! I've been with DH for 10 years :-)scared1:) and I'm so glad it's finally official! I couldn't ask for a more amazing man! Reading your (and everyone else's) responses has definitely lifted my spirits! Thanks for coming on this journey with me! :goodvibes

oh...and I'm already thinking VR!! :rotfl:

Allie,
Oh, sweetie, I am so sorry. :hug: I'm sorry you're having post-wedding blues, and we are all CERTAINLY hear to listen to you. I am sorry you didn't have the wedding you dreamed of, but I am glad to hear that it was MOSTLY good and that, like, you didn't get left at the altar or, like, fall in the pool or something.

And you will LOVE a Disney Cruise. I went on one when I was 16 and it was the best vacation of my life. And I also made the former Vice President of Glad's grandson (you got all that?) fall in love with me while I was on that cruise. :lmao: (This was pre-DF!!!!!)

And YAY DVC!!!!!!!!!!!! My grandparents have DVC and I commandeer their points a lot. You'll love it too.

(Oh, I loved your bags btw!!)

Jackie, you just made my life!!! You really put the whole thing into perspective for me! It DEFINITELY could've been a lot worse! :lmao: Thanks for the much needed reality check and good laugh! I feel so much better! Glad? Like trash bags? That's awesome. I bet your DF is waay better though! I am so excited for all my future Disney adventures!! Starting with the HM cruise, then I'm thinking a DVC/VR...I'm going to go start planning that VR right now! :lmao:

:hug: I'm so sorry for what you're feeling. You know that you can always come to the DIS and talk about stuff like that, we are here for you! :grouphug: I'm sure that if many things had gone wrong with my wedding, like you're describing, I would have been really upset too. If you think about it, in a way it's almost silly for everyone to expect it to be the best day of your life, because there's just so much stress surrounding everything and so much invested, so when things do go wrong it's a lot worse - because it's "supposed" to be your perfect day. Anyhow, I really wish there was something I could do to help you feel better! If anything I'm hoping that writing about everything will get all of the bad feelings out, and then you'll be able to focus on the good :goodvibes

And speaking of good, that's great news about the Disney cruise! :woohoo: I love cruises but I've never been on a Disney one so I bet that's even better! And DVC! That's amazing too! I'd love to do that someday but it will definitely be awhile before we decide.

Looking forward to your TR!

You are so right! I kept telling myself over and over that it wouldn't be perfect....but I guess it's easy to SAY that haha!! There is SO much hype around weddings isn't there? And I think because everyone thinks of WDW as the place where dreams come true, I though it would just automatically be perfect because we were in Disney. Silly, silly, me!!

Anyway, thanks for being here! My DisBrides ROCK!!! :worship:

Cruise will be soon I think, DVC, not so much. We have decided to make the decision to do it...but the reality of it is a LOOOOONG way off!! :lmao:

So..I've been a little antsy lately, because I've been waiting on my wedding pictures from DPS forever!!! (well, not forever, just a little over a month...hey wait! That is forever!) :rotfl: I'm just so excited that I can't wait! And then I see ladies on here that have already received their links to their pictures, and they were married after me! Wh..what?! I know every photographer is different, I had a lot of pics, yada yada. I don't want to be rational people!! I want my pictures! :lmao: So I sent a nice email to my planner just wanting an update. Nothing. Well...that's disappointing! So finally I decided to email the coordinator for Escape Weddings and Portrait Sessions. She got back to me the same day! Which baffles me because no one has EVER gotten back to me that quickly at DFTW! Anyway, long story short, she was very helpful, and finally gave me some answers. (not the ones I wanted, but answers nonetheless). It will be at least another week before I get my link and possibly three more weeks after that before I get my disc/album/prints in the mail. That sucks! A month and a half for the link?! Two months for my disc?! :headache: Oh well. At least I know what to expect now! Anyway, eventually I will have pics to round out my TR...I may go ahead and write it all up and then supplement with the pics before I post. Hurry up already DPS! :mad:

I'm glad I was able to make you laugh! :lmao: Have you seen those videos where the bride falls in the pool?! It's awful! Although, who would get married by a pool anyway?

And, I REALLY hope you get your pics soon! One month IS forever in Weddingtime! Grrrrr, stupid Disney.

Allie,

Sorry you didn't have the totally "magical" day. :headache: It's really hard when that happens, especially when the people you picked to support you, don't do what you had hoped they would do.

I had issues with my MOH and Matron of Honor at our wedding in 2002 that still upset me. Especially my MOH, who was my 22 year old niece. She almost single handedly wrecked my wedding weekend. She told me this past March that it was my fault that she wasn't that good at her job because why did I pick someone who was ONLY 22! There are brides that on here who are alot more mature and handle alot more than she did! Needless to say she is not invited to VR, neither is anyone else on that side. Didn't mean to rant on your thread, but wanted to let you know you weren't alone. If you ever need someone to comiserate with, I am available.

In regard to your upcoming plans, I wholeheartedly endorse all three. We love Disney Cruises. Our DVC is one of the best decisions we ever made and planning our VR has been a ton of fun! If you have any questions, about any of them, I am here for that too! ;) You offered to help on my DIY projects, so it's the least I can do. :rotfl:

Can't wait to see the DPS pics and hear about all of the good things that happened that day! Your anniversary is the day after mine. Love October weddings!

Wow, that is so sad! And it makes me angry for you too, that other people let their personal drama have an affect on your special day! It sounds bad enough not even knowing what else happened to you during the week. I feel so bad for you :(

But I am still looking forward to the TR!

:grouphug: Just got caught up and am knowing how you feel. It hurt me to write bad reviews and made me fell like a brat. I'm hoping that writing the fun parts about the trip will bring the closure and I think it will. I can't wait to read more!

I'm glad I was able to make you laugh! :lmao: Have you seen those videos where the bride falls in the pool?! It's awful! Although, who would get married by a pool anyway?

And, I REALLY hope you get your pics soon! One month IS forever in Weddingtime! Grrrrr, stupid Disney.

Really! You are just ASKING for something bad to happen around pools. The pic link should be here next week, and the actual pics a couple of weeks after that. Logically I understand, but I think there's a part of me that needs to see those pics to reassure me the wedding wasn't as bad as I thought! :lmao: That's terrible of me!

Allie,

Sorry you didn't have the totally "magical" day. :headache: It's really hard when that happens, especially when the people you picked to support you, don't do what you had hoped they would do.

I had issues with my MOH and Matron of Honor at our wedding in 2002 that still upset me. Especially my MOH, who was my 22 year old niece. She almost single handedly wrecked my wedding weekend. She told me this past March that it was my fault that she wasn't that good at her job because why did I pick someone who was ONLY 22! There are brides that on here who are alot more mature and handle alot more than she did! Needless to say she is not invited to VR, neither is anyone else on that side. Didn't mean to rant on your thread, but wanted to let you know you weren't alone. If you ever need someone to comiserate with, I am available.

In regard to your upcoming plans, I wholeheartedly endorse all three. We love Disney Cruises. Our DVC is one of the best decisions we ever made and planning our VR has been a ton of fun! If you have any questions, about any of them, I am here for that too! ;) You offered to help on my DIY projects, so it's the least I can do. :rotfl:

Can't wait to see the DPS pics and hear about all of the good things that happened that day! Your anniversary is the day after mine. Love October weddings!

I'm so sorry that you had a bad experience with your MOH too, but I'm glad that I'm not the only one! I don't feel like I asked much of everyone. People! Geez.

DH is super excited about the cruise and DVC, but I think it will take a little more coercing to get my VR! :lmao: He wants to wait til the 10 year, and I want a 5 year. (well, let's be honest, 1 year works for me too!)
And the DIY offer still stands! I miss hot glue burned fingers! :rotfl2:

October is my favorite month. (probably because of my birthday!) Although, there is nothing better than October in the mountains of North Carolina!

Wow, that is so sad! And it makes me angry for you too, that other people let their personal drama have an affect on your special day! It sounds bad enough not even knowing what else happened to you during the week. I feel so bad for you :(

But I am still looking forward to the TR!

Thanks! It's so nice to have support! Thank goodness I found the boards! :goodvibes I'm trying really hard to get over it, but it's so hard. They were the one group of people I was CERTAIN I could count on. And they turned out to cause the most trouble. Funny how that happens, huh? I'm getting on the TR, promise! I'm just waiting on pics from...guess who? :laughing: That same family!

:grouphug: Just got caught up and am knowing how you feel. It hurt me to write bad reviews and made me fell like a brat. I'm hoping that writing the fun parts about the trip will bring the closure and I think it will. I can't wait to read more!

As I was reading your PJ/TR, I kept thinking, "she knows exactly how I feel!" :lmao: Although the situations are different, the emotions are the same! I wanted to cry for you, because I knew EXACTLY how you were feeling. :hug: I think that writing out everything and being totally honest will go a long way to put everything into perspective for sure. And I'm so glad we have a place like the Dis where we are so supported and supportive and we CAN be honest. Isn't it awesome! Here's to our awesome weddings DESPITE all the CRAP we had to deal with!! :thumbsup2

Monday, October 10th: So we got up super early (around 4 AM) to get ready and head over to WDW from Daytona. DH, MIL, and I drove over to Bonnet Creek to meet MOH2 and FG and drove them over to MK. As it was everyone’s first time at WDW, we wanted to make sure that they got to see the opening show and rope drop. The original plan was to see if they could get picked for Family of the Day, but since half of her family was MIA, we just settled for rope drop. When we arrived to pick up MOH2, we dropped off a carload of stuff in their room. GM’s aunt and mom wanted to be with us at MK to see FG’s first time at Disney. Well, they weren’t even up when we got there. After a while, the aunt made an appearance as we were leaving, and said that they would be right behind us. Yeah, ok. Whatever lady. So we pile in the car and head over to MK. We had to pickup everyone’s tickets at TTC and then we took the monorail over to MK and waited on 8:45. FG and I had so much fun dancing around and waiting. Then a CM gave us confetti to throw and FG was so excited.

joeandal2.jpg

twins.jpg

whataface.jpg

AylaandAllie1.jpg

Aylalaughing.jpg

mayor.jpg

mickey.jpg

tiana.jpg

ropedrop.jpg

confetti.jpg

Then we were off!

werehere.jpg

stephanieandayla.jpg

We stopped to get a few Photopass pics (which I will have to upload later) and then headed straight to see Rapunzel. The wait wasn’t too bad...maybe 15 minutes. Ayla’s face was amazing! It was her first real life Princess. She said, “Aunt Allie! She’s REAL!” It was adorable. DH and I went to get a few pics with Rapunzel after Ayla was done and she was really excited about our ears and buttons. We wore the ears the whole trip but wore our “Happily Ever After” buttons until the ceremony, and then switched over to our "Just Married" buttons after that. That way I didn’t feel like we were “cheating”

pascal.jpg

signplease.jpg

happy.jpg

Anyway, Rapunzel says, “He must be your dream!” and she was so sweet! It was fun! After that, we went to the castle. I think Ayla was a little disappointed. I’m pretty sure that she thought it would be like a house you could go in. I remember feeling the same way when I first saw the castle. (I kinda still feel this way. I want to have a place to go in and pretend like I live there!!) I can’t remember which ride we were headed to at that point, but we ended up on Snow White because there was no wait. I thought maybe Ayla would be a little scared, but she LOVED it! As soon as we got off she wanted to ride again! Then we rode the carousel, and I found Cinderella’s horse for Ayla to ride. She was having a blast!

deanaandayla2.jpg

fairygodmother2.jpg

cindyshorse.jpg

carousel.jpg

Around this time MOH2 started getting really nasty texts from the Aunt. She kept saying stuff like, “thanks for waiting on us. We really wanted to be here for Ayla. I guess that we aren’t welcome though.” “You know, it would be so considerate of you to stop and wait on us to catch up with you. Or, we could just go to the room since we obviously aren’t welcome.” Literally crap like that. She had MOH2 in a complete meltdown. And I was already DONE with her. If it weren’t for my baby girl, I would have told her off and left them all. You’re ruining everyone’s trip lady! But of course, she’s not my family, and so we had to wait on them to catch up. They finally did, and then we walked at a snail’s pace and didn’t really get to see much after that. Aunt got mad because Ayla wanted to hold my hand and ride with me on everything, and kept trying to force her away from me. It was obnoxious and pathetic! This a 50 something year old woman. Grow up lady! We rode It’s a Small World, and Ayla and MOH2 were in awe of all the colors! Lol. Then it was off to HM. I was sure that Ayla would be scared of this one. But I was wrong. She LOVED it. During the scariest parts, I went to hold her tight, but she was dancing away in the doombuggy and pointing stuff out to me. At one point she squeals, “Aunt Allie it’s a dance party!” and gives me this huge happy hug. Then it was off to POTC. We stopped and watched Jack Sparrow for a minute, and then headed over to the ride. This was really special for me because POTC is my favorite, and Ayla and I watch the movies together all the time. So we were both excited to do this one together. Aunt tried to get her to sit with her, but Ayla refused and almost started crying. Oh well, sorry! She loves me more! Haha.

jacksparrow.jpg

After that, we grabbed a Dole Whip and waited in line to see Ariel. Ariel is FG’s all-time favorite. It was so amazing to see her meet her for the first time! At one point, Ayla said something to Ariel, and Ariel burst out laughing. Then Eric bent down and they both started cracking up at Ayla! They almost broke character they were laughing so hard. We still have no idea what she said to them. But with FG, there is no telling! It was awesome!! DH and I posed for a few shots with Ariel and Eric, and they both had fun posing us in “wedding poses” as she called them.

funny.jpg

talking.jpg

meetingariel.jpg

aylalovesariel.jpg

couple.jpg

After this, everyone decided that they were hungry, so they grabbed a burger at Pecos Bill. DH and I were full from our Dole Whip, and so we just sat there and hung out with them. My MIL wanted to ride Splash Mountain, but we didn’t get there. She was tired, and MOH2 and I had to go.

As part of her wedding gift to me, MOH2 booked us to get massages and facials, and a mani/pedi before the wedding. Our massage/facial appointment was at 3, and she booked at some random place in downtown Orlando. The girl on the phone told her it was a 15 min drive from WDW, and since she’d never been to WDW before, she had no clue how wrong this lady was! It was around 1:30 and we still had to get out of MK to the TTC to the car, and drop off DH and MIL at Bonnet Creek to get MOH2’s car, and head over to the “salon.” I kept trying to hurry everyone along, but they had no sense of urgency whatsoever. Not even with me freaking out and telling them to hurry. I just need to interject here that this was the theme for the whole damn wedding week. Me and DH hurrying everyone along, everyone acting like they had all the time in the world, and being late or rushed for everything. GRRRRR!!!!

So we are trying to get out of MK, and Ayla is crying because she is so tired. The girl was quite literally BEGGING to go back to the room and take a nap. That’s unusual for her. But Aunt and Gma would have none of that, so we left FG with her Aunt and Grandmother and headed out of the park. (I just have to say that the whole time we were with them, the Aunt kept talking about how she had a great surprise for Ayla, and “just hold on cause they’d be doing something fun and special really soon. Just wait...blah blah blah...”Like hanging out with her favorite person in the world (ME!) wasn’t fun or special. Ayla didn’t care though. She just wanted to hang with me! Take that you old biddie! Haha...Turns out the “special” thing that Aunt had planned for them was the Country Bear Jamboree. Now, I don’t mean to rag on the people that love CBJ. No offense whatsoever. But in our welcome packet, we made a list of Must See’s and Skip It’s. Guess which list CBJ is on? Ayla hated it. And that, I’m only slightly ashamed to say, makes me happy. Lol!! Next up, Day 1 part 2...Deana and Allison drive all over Orlando to get a crappy facial!

Just a quick side note to say that my pictures from Disney FINALLY came! They are pretty good. We got the disc with all the images on it, so as soon as that comes in the mail, I'll go through and post the good ones. I don't know if I will post the link or not. There are A LOT of crappy random pics thrown in. :lmao: And I'm not sure that I want to subject the world to some of them! Did you really need to capture that picture of me shoving desserts in my face at the dessert party? Could you please photoshop the bags under my eyes during the 6 AM photo shoot? geez. Anyway, I will be posting the better pics soon! Glad to have the link almost 6 weeks after the wedding day! FINALLY!!!! Now, I just have to wait another couple of weeks for the album and the hi res disc. Thanks Disney photography for completely ruining my Christmas present ideas! :headache: But better late than never I guess! :laughing:

-Woohoo! You started your TR!
-Your FG is sooooo cute.
-Do you cry during this ceremony? Because I do. Just sayin.
-So I’m not gonna lie: I didn’t like Tangled all that much. But Rapunzel is sooo cute!
-You sound like SUCH a good Aunt.
-This aunt sounds like a nightmare!!
-The Ariel and Eric in Adventureland are the BEST with character interaction. They spend so much time with the kiddies!
-CBJ was the big surprise? Really? Like, really? I wish Ayla had gotten terrified of the bears, just to show the Aunt! HA!
-Glad your pics came, FINALLY. Late, but finally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter