Our October Escape 10/13/11. TR Day 4 Wedding Day Part 5 A Little Fun Time at MK:)

FlamingoAllie

Mouseketeer
Soo....I have decided to try this PJ thing. Key word: Try. I have so much fun oohing and ahhing over everyone else's PJ (and trying to find ideas! :rolleyes1) that I'm not sure if I can take time out to actually work on my OWN PJ. But here goes!

First, I have to say that my FH and I are Disney fans. BIG Disney fans. Well, I'm a total head over heels in love with Disney FREAK, but he's down with the mouse too! I really can't find the words to describe the love affair Disney and I share (and I have a degree in Writing!) so, I won't even try.

We love Disney. Simple as that. And we love each other. And so, why not combine my two great loves at my wedding? Isn't that what weddings are for? But, I digress. Back to my PJ. Here comes how we met, got engaged, etc.

Congratulations and welcome!! I think that many people can understand your wanting to combine your two loves - so you have come to the right place! I can't wait to read more about your big day!

Joey and I have known each other pretty much our whole lives. We grew up a half mile from each other, went to the same high school, etc. He graduated a couple of years before me, and he was like a big brother, best friend type. After he graduated, he moved to Florida for college. After I graduated, I went across our home state of NC to college. We lost touch.

Fast forward to summer 2001. My best friend and I decided to spend the summer in Orlando, playing and working and living in the land of Mickey. Lazy afternoon at the pool. I decide to run inside and get a popsicle. While inside, instead of rushing back out into the Florida sunshine, I think it'll be a good idea to check my email. Granted, no one has emailed me in weeks, but hey! you never know. So I get online, and lo! Joey IM's me! After a brief chat (the first one in at least a year), we find out, he's in Daytona Beach, I'm in Orlando, and in a few days, he should drive 2 hours over, and we'll do dinner. As buddies. Because he has a serious girlfriend. And he's like my brother.

So, he shows up with flowers, and tries to hold my hand the whole night. (later he will confess to me, that he told his buddies that night he was "going to see the girl he's going to marry" aww) He went back to Daytona and eventually I went back to NC. We kept in touch, and then one day, walking across campus, I realized I was in love with him. BAM! He moved back to NC, and we've been together ever since.

Now, I just have to tell his side of the orlando story, cause it just seems like fate to me. He walked across campus, in a suit in the middle of July in Florida, to go to a random computer lab for no reason, when he could have jumped in his car and used the computer at home. If he hadn't done just exactly what he did, and if I hadn't checked my email instead of just grabbing the popsicle, we might have missed each other.
There is a fine line between coincidence and fate! :love:

I had every intention of posting our Disney Engagement story...but got so caught up looking at everyone else's PJ, that it is now time for bed! Will update tomorrow after the gym, and will get started on the actual PJ! :)

I love your story so much! Congratulations on the engagement and your Disney wedding. DH and I just had ours in December and it was so amazing.

I love your line about Coincedence and Fate. I was just talking about this yesterday. I saw Mat Damon on Ellen yesterday and he said how much fate played into him meeting his wife. He is also in the new movie The Adjustment Bureau which is about fate. I told DH that fate played so much into how we met. So many different factors had to be just how they played out and if even one had varied we would never have met! :cloud9:

I can't wait to read more especially your engagement story.

Engagement story tomorrow...promise! Right now, I just need to vent for a second and go to bed. Date has been confirmed, deposit paid, and no wedding planner!! Hurry up!! I'm too excited to wait any longer! ok, with that said, goodnight all.

So, he shows up with flowers, and tries to hold my hand the whole night. (later he will confess to me, that he told his buddies that night he was "going to see the girl he's going to marry" aww)

Now, I just have to tell his side of the orlando story, cause it just seems like fate to me. He walked across campus, in a suit in the middle of July in Florida, to go to a random computer lab for no reason, when he could have jumped in his car and used the computer at home. If he hadn't done just exactly what he did, and if I hadn't checked my email instead of just grabbing the popsicle, we might have missed each other.
There is a fine line between coincidence and fate! :love:

AWWWWWWWW :lovestruc

What a cute story!! :)

Congrats and :welcome: !!!

Can't wait to read more!! Your Disney love sounds like mine!! :lmao:

Cute story! So glad you found each other. Can't wait to hear about the proposal and your wedding plans....

Brooke

well, it's been a few days since I posted, so I thought I'd update. My FH's great grandmother passed away on Sunday. :sad1: She was 97 and a kindred spirit. So sad for me, but glad that she's not suffering anymore. So, it may be a while before I get back to the PJ updates. But I'll be back soon!

Ok...here is the condensed engagement story...

2005: On a vacation to Disney. We started at the MK at FH's insistence. I usually can't wait for Epcot, but FH wouldn't back down. (I would later find out that it was because he was so excited to propose, he couldnt stand the wait!).

We were in Adventureland, enjoying a Dole Whip (favorite food on EARTH!) when we heard strains of music coming from the castle area. Suddenly, FH is on his feet, grabbing me and yelling, "hurry hurry! Let's go see what that is!" I was totally confused at his weirdo behavior. This was the year of a million wishes, and they were doing a princess show (can't remember the name anymore). I had told FH that I really wanted to see it, but he didn't seem all that interested. Now, he was practically yanking my arm off, pulling me through the crowd, saying "we're gonna miss it!" WHAT?!?
I remember telling him that it was ok, we'd just catch the next show..no big deal. (Plus, I wanted to finish my Dole Whip). But he wouldn't relent so I followed wondering why my FH was suddenly so interested in Disney Princesses.

So we make it to the castle and we are watching the show, disney princesses everywhere!! I look over at FH and he's not there. ?? Look down, he's on one knee. In the background, my childhood heroes are singing "A Dream is A Wish" and FH is saying, "I want you to be MY princess...(and some other stuff I cant remember)" and blinding me with a sparkly ring in the hot Florida sunshine. princess:

Obviously I said yes, (although I dont really remember that part, just saying Oh my God over and over). And as soon as I did, fireworks went off over the castle. Fireworks...in the middle of the day. Perfection! :cloud9:

I spent the rest of the day bumping into people because I was too busy looking at my ring. :love: :woohoo:

We had a celebratory lunch/dinner at San Angel in Mexico, complete with Margaritas...then FH grabbed a beer a little later in Germany, and we toasted each other with champagne in France a couple hours after that. Needless to say, we aren't big drinkers EVER...so that combined with it being Orlando in mid June, FH was NOT feeling very well. We ended that night early. :)

Here is the engagement photo. I was so surprised and overwhelmed...I look ridiculous! :rotfl2: (notice the Princesses in the background) princess:
Engagement.jpg

and if someone will tell me how to post pics....I'll put up our engagement photo....(Crappy though it is!) :laughing:

You can upload pictures from your computer on a website like photobucket.com and then you can just attach them to your posts by using the URL provided on the website you uploaded your pictures from.

Hope that helps! Can't wait to see your pictures!:goodvibes

You can upload pictures from your computer on a website like photobucket.com and then you can just attach them to your posts by using the URL provided on the website you uploaded your pictures from.

Hope that helps! Can't wait to see your pictures!:goodvibes

Thanks! got it! :)

So I got my LOA and exchange certificate for the annual passes in the mail today! :woohoo: and we also got our wedding planning kit! so excited! :yay: It was a good mail day!

Our coordinator is Tanis Armstrong...anyone worked with her? How is she?

I am so tempted to jump in the car and head to Disney right now! It's snowy and icy right now, and I am ready for some sunshine!

I am a dance teacher and we are getting ready for a dance competition/convention, so I am stuck in town til Spring Break. But I will probably break down and go in April. So for now, I'll be planning and brainstorming as much as possible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter