Our October Escape 10/13/11. TR Day 4 Wedding Day Part 5 A Little Fun Time at MK:)

* What an awesome, amazing friend you have in Randy. He sounds like the best kind of person. How amazing and generous of him. I am so, so happy he was able to help you with your wedding. And the fact that they were so sweet about the welcome bags makes it even better.
* Wow, good for you for not crying. I probably would have, I cry at everything! Although there were definitely points the day before the wedding where things went horribly wrong, and I was just past the point of crying. I was either pissed or just not caring.
* In the end, I'm so glad that your family and friends were there for you! That's the most important thing. Sometimes people don't realize how much effort, work, and time goes into planning not just the wedding but everything else (like the welcome party and the welcome bags!). I had a bridesmaid not come to the rehearsal dinner because she was tired (it was at 6 pm). At the time I just didn't care and didn't want to worry about it, but now it really did affect me and I am still a bit hurt by it. Luckily, there were plenty of friends and family that did stay with me and support me!

Oh my gosh I can't believe you stayed so calm through the missing dress fiasco!! I think I would have gone postal...and then when they tried to basically bail ??? Thank goodness your man handled it so well for you....they're lucky they didn't get "accidentally" thrown in the pool!!!

Can't wait to read more!!! Glad you found the dress but I agree with you that the whole thing seems fishy. And I hate that when people are like "I KNOW I gave it to you, yes i did, yes i did, oh wait, maybe I didn't....." ARGHHHHH!!!!

Brooke

Awww, thank you for trying to catch up, sweetie! I’m sure it’s overwhelming.
-And I agree, your nephew is soooo handsome. But I’m not being a creeper or anything LOL
-And I am glad your parents are so awesome…
-But not as awesome as this Randy fellow. Seriously, he sounds like the best friend in the world. Also, that plane is gorgeous. And I went “!!!!” when you said he paid for your wedding. Just WOW! He sounds fabulous. I am so happy for you that you have someone like that in your life.
-I am getting so stressed as I read this. The dress is currently MIA, if you’re curious as to where I am.
-So glad you held it together, missy. I don’t think I would have.
-THANK GOD THE DRESS WAS THERE!!! I want to kick the evil aunt in the nuts though.
-Jerkfaces skipping out on the party! Stupid jerkfaces.
-I’m glad the party ended up being fun. Everyone looks so happy!!! I can’t wait for the next installment!!!

*Isn't Randy amazing? And the greatest thing about him (and his wife), is that they are SO sweet! I'm painfully shy, and I was worried that I'd be even more awkward around these very important, well traveled multimillionaire folks, but they completely make everyone feel at ease, and make you feel like you've known them forever. We are SO lucky to have them in our lives simply for how kind and sweet they are! I can't wait for that airplane! I have NO idea what in the world we're going to do with it, but I know it's Joey's dream (and cool as heck!)
*I can't believe that I didn't freak out, especially after bawling over a manicure. My sister in law held it together pretty well too considering it was her missing dress. If she would have picked it up in the first place, like I told her to, we wouldn't have had that problem...but oh, well. I'm not bitter at all! :rolleyes1:
*Oh, that old biddy Aunt. I'd be more than happy to let you kick her in the nuts. But you'll have to get in line!
*Jerkfaces pretty much sums it up! BUT, they redeemed themselves, and did have a lot of fun at the party.
*Next installment is wedding day!!!!!

* What an awesome, amazing friend you have in Randy. He sounds like the best kind of person. How amazing and generous of him. I am so, so happy he was able to help you with your wedding. And the fact that they were so sweet about the welcome bags makes it even better.
* Wow, good for you for not crying. I probably would have, I cry at everything! Although there were definitely points the day before the wedding where things went horribly wrong, and I was just past the point of crying. I was either pissed or just not caring.
* In the end, I'm so glad that your family and friends were there for you! That's the most important thing. Sometimes people don't realize how much effort, work, and time goes into planning not just the wedding but everything else (like the welcome party and the welcome bags!). I had a bridesmaid not come to the rehearsal dinner because she was tired (it was at 6 pm). At the time I just didn't care and didn't want to worry about it, but now it really did affect me and I am still a bit hurt by it. Luckily, there were plenty of friends and family that did stay with me and support me!

*Randy and Martha are definitely the best kind of people. You don't get any better than those two! And so generous! We started with a 10,000 budget, and he said, "let me know if that's not enough. Whatever you need." Seriously?! Too much. I am so grateful to them. We tried really hard to not "take advantage" and stay within the budget. (we only went over by $200!) They gave me my dream wedding. I NEVER thought I'd be able to get married at WDW. Without Randy, I never would've even imagined it. Oh I love him!
*I can't believe I didn't cry either. Cause like you, I cry at everything. It was probably shock. Or denial.
*Everyone caused me problems at one point, but everyone also came through for me at another point! I guess that's just people! I am grateful for all of them. :) I am so sorry to hear about your lousy BM. I remember reading about it in your PJ. Believe me, I know how you feel. So crappy of her!

Oh my gosh I can't believe you stayed so calm through the missing dress fiasco!! I think I would have gone postal...and then when they tried to basically bail ??? Thank goodness your man handled it so well for you....they're lucky they didn't get "accidentally" thrown in the pool!!!

Can't wait to read more!!! Glad you found the dress but I agree with you that the whole thing seems fishy. And I hate that when people are like "I KNOW I gave it to you, yes i did, yes i did, oh wait, maybe I didn't....." ARGHHHHH!!!!

Brooke

Looking back on it, I have NO idea why I didn't completely lose it, or how I kept it together. The night before my wedding, my sister in law's BM dress was missing! Geez. I was probably in shock or denial or something. I think there was a part of me that simply refused to believe that we wouldn't find it. It just HAD to be ok, ya know? Thank goodness for Joey! He's the best and SO good at handling "situations." At the time, I think it would've been awesome for an "accidental" push in the pool, but I'm sure I would regret it now! Good thing I refrained! :lmao: I totally agree with you when people swear that they know something or they did something and I know for a fact they are WRONG! Sooo frustrating! Thanks for reading along! :goodvibes

Today is wedding day!!! I got up with the alarm around 5:45 and let Joey sleep in a bit while I showered and shaved. I took my time in the shower and it was nice to just stand there under the warm water and collect myself a bit for the big day! After my shower, I got Joey up and debated between coffee or redbull, or coffee AND Redbull! Haha. I settled for Redbull, because sometimes coffee irritates my stomach. Joey ran down to the food court to get us some substantial food. I had nutrigrain bars, muffins, etc for everyone to munch on while we got ready, but for some reason I was craving eggs and sausage, and I HAD to have it! Haha. Deana, Noelle, and Ayla showed up as Joey was heading out, and Noelle took a shower while Deana started on my hair. I debated a long time on whether or not to hire someone to do my hair. Deana and I had played with my hair a month before this when they came down for a visit, and we decided that she could do it. In the end, it really wasn’t what I wanted and all the curl fell out before the ceremony was over. It was one of my biggest regrets of the wedding week. Anyway, Katie Sue, Hillarie, and Joyell showed up just a few minutes later, and we all crowded in our tiny POP century hotel room to get ready. Steffi was back and forth between my room and hers, trying to get herself and Andy ready, as well as my mom and Joey’s mom. Joey returned with food, and someone grabbed it from him and the girls shooed him away and I pigged out on my eggs and sausage while Deana finished up my hair. After my hair was done, Deana got herself and Ayla ready. Hillarie popped open a bottle of sparkling wine and we had a little toast, and then I started on my makeup. I had planned on wearing false eyelashes, but for some reason, I just couldn’t get them to cooperate. I am a dance teacher, and I’ve been dancing all my life. If I had a dollar for all the false eyelashes I’ve put on, I could have afforded Cindy’s Coach! But today, of course, it just wasn’t happening for me. So, after fooling with them for a while, I gave up.

girls2-1.jpg

girls-1.jpg

dranks-1.jpg

katiesue_2.jpg

Time seemed to fly that morning! I remember thinking we should have started earlier! Soon, it was time for the first limo pickup and Deana and Noelle left to join Joey, Randy, Martha, Quillon, Marlowe, and Diane to head over to the Boardwalk. Randy and Martha were staying at AKL, so they were picked up first. I wanted to get pics of getting ready, my garter, shoes, jewelry, etc, but somehow it didn’t happen. Hilarie helped put my necklace on, and then it was time for the second round in the limo. Katie Sue asked if I wanted help getting my dress on before they left, and my mom was nowhere to be found. I knew that I couldn’t put my wedding dress on without her at least being there, so I sent Joyell to find her. She was helping my dad, and trying to get herself together too, and I had to send the other girls off to the limo as she was finally getting to my room. By this point, I was starting to freak out a little bit as time was running out quickly. Stephanie, Steffi, Katie Sue, Joyell, Hillarie, Andy, and Ayla caught the next limo, and it was just me, mom, and dad left. In my rush to get ready, somehow we put the bustier and the crinoline on in the wrong order. My mom had surgery on her hand a couple of months before this, and was still having a lot of trouble using her fingers. She did the best she could to help and get the hooks on the bustier latched, but her poor hand just wouldn’t cooperate. Of course, I didn’t realize that the undergarments were on in the wrong order until AFTER we finally managed to get it all hooked up, and there was no way I was going to have time to start over. GAH!! So, with undergarments on (although misplaced) we managed to get the dress on without messing up my hair. Apparently, I had gained a few pounds since my last fitting. (I blame it on the Dole Whips!) The dress zipped up to a certain point, and then it turned into a corset back. My mom couldn’t hold on to it tight enough to get it up, or the corset pulled in. So we had to grab my daddy to help. If we weren’t so late, it would’ve been comical. But it stressed me out big time! Anyway, we got the dress on finally, and I took a moment to check out my mom and dad in their finery. I had never seen my dad in a suit, much less a tuxedo, and I almost lost it. He was sooo handsome!

dress-1.jpg

**Here's what was going on in the guys room while we were getting ready:

joeygettingready-1.jpg

joeanddad-1.jpg

guysgettingready-1.jpg

rogergettingready.jpg

quillon2.jpg

We grabbed my veils and the camera and off we went. We were right on time by my standards, but I didn’t take into consideration that my dad would have to take it slow. My dad has a heart condition, and it was SO HOT that day. He doesn’t take well to heat anyway, and to top it off, he had a hip replacement the year before, and it hadn’t healed right. And here he was in a tuxedo, having to walk all the way across POP property to get to the lobby. We went SO SLOWLY. It took forever. Although we got a lot of congratulations along the way and I had my picture taken by complete strangers so many times. I even heard one little girl tell her mom “Look. She’s a real princess!” and a teenage boy in the lobby turned around to stare at me and then told me I looked like a princess and I was pretty. It was the funniest thing to me! Made me feel so good! I loved it!

So we finally make it to the OTHER end of the lobby and outside where the limo was waiting to pick us up. The driver (can’t remember his name), had his cell phone out, and I’m sure he was getting ready to call us or come find us or something. But we were only 4 minutes late! Not too bad considering. We all climbed into the limo, (I thought I was never going to get all my dress in there!) and started out for the Boardwalk. The radio was blaring “Don’t Stop Believin’” and from now until I die, every time I hear that song I will think of my wedding day! It was really nice to spend some not so quiet, but alone time with my parents. This was the last chance I was going to get to with them as a single girl. Mom took some unflattering pictures, I was super uncomfortable and starting to get butterflies, and then, we were pulling up in front of the Boardwalk.

limo-1.jpg

So...I don't have anything written out yet for wedding day part 2, but I thought that I'd share a few pictures of everything that was going on at the Boardwalk before my parents and I arrived. I don't really have anything to say about this, because I wasn't there! haha!! And I've asked Joey to help fill in the blanks for me, but that boy can't remember anything ever! I am so jealous that I wasn't there, because I didn't want to miss a single moment of the wedding! :lmao: Silly me, I know. But anyway, here are pics for your viewing pleasure. You'll just have to make up some stories to go along with them! :)

weddingceremony_6.jpg

flowergirlringbearercopy_3-1.jpg

It was a little too early for Andy and Marlowe:
tooearly.jpg

Apparently, I wasn't the only one having dress trouble!:
KSdress.jpg

fixstefsdress2.jpg

BMsgaussian.jpg

AylaChair4gaussian.jpg

AylaChair3gaussian.jpg

AylaChair1gaussian.jpg

AndyBoutgaussian.jpg

andyandgrandpa_4.jpg

DSCN2484.jpg

I love this!!
DSCN2483.jpg

DSCN2482.jpg

talking.jpg

orta.jpg

guyslaugh.jpg

dress.jpg

I love how excited Joey looks! Precious!
DSCN2481.jpg

-In case you were curious, I can’t do redbull. (I have an intense romance with coffee though, but it does irritate my tummy sometimes.)
-Now I want eggs!
-Awww, I’m sorry getting ready wasn’t as magical as you would have liked. It still sounds like exciting fun though.
-Eek! Dressing sounds really stressful. You must have been freaking out. And the men have it soooo easy.
-OoOOO that teenage boy was MACKIN on you! I am cracking up!
-Oh my, your flower girl looks like a pretty pretty princess. I love her.
-I’ve probably said this, but I LOVE those bridesmaid dresses! I would wear that thing all the time if I had it.

-In case you were curious, I can’t do redbull. (I have an intense romance with coffee though, but it does irritate my tummy sometimes.)
-Now I want eggs!
-Awww, I’m sorry getting ready wasn’t as magical as you would have liked. It still sounds like exciting fun though.
-Eek! Dressing sounds really stressful. You must have been freaking out. And the men have it soooo easy.
-OoOOO that teenage boy was MACKIN on you! I am cracking up!
-Oh my, your flower girl looks like a pretty pretty princess. I love her.
-I’ve probably said this, but I LOVE those bridesmaid dresses! I would wear that thing all the time if I had it.

*I'm so sorry to hear that you aren't a redbull girl. Seriously, that stuff is amazing. The nectar of the hyper gods! haha. I have to have the sugar free though. Regular redbull is nasty! I go on coffee kicks every once in a while, and I'll drink it all day, every day, and then won't touch it again for months. We got a Keurig for Christmas, and that thing is AWESOME! So easy and convenient, and you instantly have your pic of teas, cider, coffee, flavored...ahh, I could go on and on.
*mmm...eggs...and sausage...and waffles...ooh, I'm hungry!!
*Getting ready was definitely fun, even though it was also crazy. I should've gotten up earlier, but I'm SO not a morning person. Something I guess we should have thought of when we booked a 10AM wedding! DOH
*I was very stressed getting dressed. And HOT! It was so hot and humid that day, and the running around, tugging and pulling...whew!
*That boy was hilarious! It made me feel awesome though!
*Ayla is definitely a princess. That kid is amazing. I love her too!
*Aww, thanks! I thought they were so cute and fun. I had them custom made for the girls, but none of the dresses fit quite right. I told all the girls to go get professionally measured, but I highly doubt that happened. I mean, my SIL couldn't even be bothered to pick up her dress before the wedding, so I really don't think she ran out and got measured. Grr. I also ordered one in white with the pink sash. We were going to wear them in the parks and get pics with Andy and Ayla still dressed up. But after the wedding, we were so hot and the kids were so tired, that we abandoned that idea and went for comfort instead! :thumbsup2

Allie, like you, I have taken some time off from the boards. But I am back, and I am still want to read about your trip! Keep the updates coming! :goodvibes

Allie, like you, I have taken some time off from the boards. But I am back, and I am still want to read about your trip! Keep the updates coming! :goodvibes

Glad you're still here with me! Thanks for reading, and welcome back to the boards! I'm working on getting pictures together for the next update, what a process! haha. New post coming soon I promise! :thumbsup2

We pulled up in front of the Boardwalk and the driver helped me out of the limo, (I felt so awkward trying to get out of the car with that huge wedding dress!) and we made our way inside, through the onlookers and well wishers.(sorry for the HUGE pics BTW...lazy!!)

outofthelimo.jpg

putontheveil.jpg

Mom, dad, and I met up with the rest of the bridal party, and I finally got to meet Tanis. She gave me a big hug, and presented me with my bouquet. It was really pretty and the exact color I wanted. I loved the ribbon and the little mickeys on the handle. But...I didn’t notice at the time, (actually I didn’t notice until the next day, that’s how out of it I was) but my bouquet was wrong. I was supposed to have 10 crystal hidden mickeys in the bouquet, but all I had were ten crystal balls. It was very pretty, but after I discovered it, I was really upset. Even though it was beautiful, it just wasn’t what I wanted or paid for. Anyway, they also had some left over flowers, and had made a tiny little bouquet out of them, and I decided to give it to my mom. I was really glad I got to do something nice, albeit impromptu, for her. I had a fleeting thought that it might upset Joey’s mom and stepmom not to get one, but they were already at SBP, so I figured, oh, well. If it bothered anyone, I didn’t know about it.

Then Rev Kev came over to introduce himself, and give me a few instructions, none of which I can remember now. I think he was telling me not to be nervous, and that he would lead us through everything we needed to do and say. I was listening so intently, and not hearing a word of it! Haha! He was really nice.

This is my concentrating face. How attractive it is! :lmao: Why do I look so angry! bwahaha.
talkingtorevkev.jpg

And I have no idea what's going on here, I think we were goofing off a bit. This is my "goofy" face. I make it all the time, no idea why.
It is SO unattractive! Thanks mom! Only my mother would be able and willing to capture this lovely photo. Appreciate it. Geez.
whataface.jpg

Tanis then took me over to “meet” my photographer. Although, he was already with us, taking pictures of as we got out of the limo, but I had no idea! Apparently, I was in a daze. We got Joe, and I was really disappointed that we didn’t get any of our top three photographer choices. Especially since I couldn’t remember seeing any of Joe’s work or hadn’t even heard of him on the boards. I pretty much figured we wouldn’t get who we requested (I had told Joey before we got to WDW that the reason Tanis didn’t tell us who we had for our photographer was because we didn’t get who we wanted, and didn’t want us to throw a fit beforehand! Haha). Anyway, I tried to hide my disappointment, and he gathered us all up for some pictures. All of the pictures were very posed, and very boring. Joey and I wanted very artistic, fun, off beat pictures, and that’s what we made our photographer choices based on. I was getting a little nervous about it, but being slightly overwhelmed coupled with not wanting to seem like a bridezilla, I just kept my mouth shut and went with it. Looking back on it, I really wish I’d spoken up. It wouldn’t have been bridezilla of me, just making sure that I got the pictures I wanted. But at the time, I just couldn’t find it in me to say anything. Oh, well.

I have played with editing all of our wedding pictures, and I’ve had so much fun doing it. All of the pics I’m including from Joe on the TR have been edited by me. Some I am still not happy with, but there are others I think are fantastic. But either way, it’s been soo much fun to play with the pictures and do all sorts of different “looks” to them. I was so upset when we first got the photos back. But after all the edits, I am really in love with them and finally appreciate the pictures that Joe took. I realized finally that he took amazing photos, but didn’t do much with editing side of it. So, I have to give him credit for giving us a great “base” picture to work with, and I am glad that I can put my own creativity into them. Anyway, I digress....

boardwalkbride.jpg

Alfireplacegaussian.jpg

The Parents:
momanddadboardwalkgaussian-1.jpg

alandmomgaussian.jpg

alanddadgaussian.jpg

Bridal Party:
Hillarie, MOH:
AlandHillgaussian.jpg

Deana, Matron of Honor:
AlandDeanagaussian.jpg

Joyell, BM:
AlandJoyellPreCeremonygaussian-1.jpg

Katie Sue, BM:
AlandKSgaussian.jpg

Steffi, SIL:
AlandSteffigaussian.jpg

Everyone together:
bridalpartygaussian2-1.jpg

My handsome nephew, Andy, RB:
alandandygaussianoriginal.jpg

Princess Ayla, FG:
AlandAylagaussian.jpg

alandaylalookgaussian.jpg

hereslookinatyoukidpopofcolorgaussian.jpg

While we were posing for pics with Joe, there were a lot of guests stopping to watch and take pictures of us too! It was so weird to have complete strangers gawking at me and taking my picture. But everyone was wonderful, complimenting us on our dresses and shouting out congratulations. I think the BM’s got just as many compliments as I did! Everyone loved their dresses and shoes. I was glad that I chose the fun shoes and dress. Definitely fit our personality better. They were definitely eye catching and fun. After bridal pictures, we were ready to venture out of the Boardwalk Inn and make our way to SBP. By the time we got outside, I was really regretting not fixing my undergarments. My crinoline kept slipping down, and I tripped on my dress the whole way over. Gah! But I just tried to take everything in and keep my eyes and ears open to the beauty of the Boardwalk, that I had my parents, my best girls and my favorite kiddos around me.

offtogetmarried.jpg

herewegogaussian.jpg

walkingover.jpg

walkingtotheceremonygaussian.jpg

dadandalwalkinggaussian.jpg

aaannnddd...Apparently I have too many pictures, so this installment will have to be continued.....

and now, let's continue with Day 4 Part 2, shall we?

donttripgaussian.jpg

Aylawalkingovergaussianblackandwhite.jpg

herewego.jpg

We finally made it over to SBP and Joey was standing there with his back to us, and everyone was getting in position. I couldn’t wait for him to turn around and finally see him, and have him see me. Tanis got us lined up, and told us exactly what was going to happen, and how and when to get where we needed to be. “Just follow the rose petals.” During this, Joey’s stepmom came over and started taking pictures and talking to everyone, and bugging the crap out of us. I was soo pissed. I only had like 5 people sitting and witnessing this wedding, and one of them was over “behind the scenes” She kept talking to me and the BM’s and messing with my dress. All while Tanis was trying to tell everyone what to do! I tried to be as nice as possible, and not cause drama right before I walked down the aisle, but I was ready to yell at her to go sit down and shut up! Haha. I managed to catch Tanis’s eye and made a face. She understood immediately and very tactfully sent Diane back to her seat.

I love Hillarie's face in this pic. This is during the Diane crisis, and apparently I wasn't the only one perturbed by her! Also, on a different note, Andy's face is incredible! He's taking his job sooo seriously! Adorable!!
readytogo-1.jpg

boogy_2.jpg

Thank goodness for Tanis! She was amazing! She also realized that I was a little emotional. Which was weird. I didn’t think I would be. I’m a performer by trade and nature, and usually I can do what needs to be done without letting emotion get in the way. I know that my wedding is a little different than a performance, but I just assumed that the ceremony would go like every other big event in my life, and I would be calm and collected, and then lose it afterward! But, nope. I was very overwhelmed with emotion. Tanis gave me a tissue and showed me how to keep it in my hand as I handed the bouquet over to Hillarie. And she also told me that if I felt like I was going to lose it, to “do a little boogie.” And totally demonstrated! Oh, it made me feel so much better and loosen up a bit! To watch Tanis shaking her booty and then making me do the same definitely eased my nerves and made me laugh. (I will admit that I definitely had to do a little boogie a couple of times during the ceremony.) It seemed like we were standing around waiting forever. I kept thinking, “Is it time yet? What’s taking so long?” The whole process probably only took ten minutes or so, but it felt like forever! Eventually, we were all lined up, and I could hear the violinist start to play “A Whole New World” and it was finally time, after 10 years together, to marry my best friend!

-OMG Chris surprised me with a keurig for Christmas too! That thing is amazing. I love it.
-Ugh, I’m sorry it was so hot. I would have done the same thing with the dresses. I keep forgetting that other people were probably hot on their wedding days, because it was about 65/70 and breezy on mine!
-Look at the pretty pretty princess!
-Stupid lack of Hidden Mickeys! I am glad you didn’t notice until a day later though.
-Also, that was so sweet what you did for your mom. I don’t care if anyone else was annoyed, it was something a daughter was doing for her mom.
-And you don’t look angry--- just nervous. ☺
-I’m sorry you didn’t get one of your top choices; that stinks! I don’t blame you for not speaking up though. You were overwhelmed!
-Oh, you edited your pictures beautifully. You’re so pretty!!
-Grrr stupid Joey’s stepmom. Go sit down, lady.
-LOL! Do a little boogie! Haha
-Awww, how could you leave us here?!

-OMG Chris surprised me with a keurig for Christmas too! That thing is amazing. I love it.
-Ugh, I’m sorry it was so hot. I would have done the same thing with the dresses. I keep forgetting that other people were probably hot on their wedding days, because it was about 65/70 and breezy on mine!
-Look at the pretty pretty princess!
-Stupid lack of Hidden Mickeys! I am glad you didn’t notice until a day later though.
-Also, that was so sweet what you did for your mom. I don’t care if anyone else was annoyed, it was something a daughter was doing for her mom.
-And you don’t look angry--- just nervous. ☺
-I’m sorry you didn’t get one of your top choices; that stinks! I don’t blame you for not speaking up though. You were overwhelmed!
-Oh, you edited your pictures beautifully. You’re so pretty!!
-Grrr stupid Joey’s stepmom. Go sit down, lady.
-LOL! Do a little boogie! Haha
-Awww, how could you leave us here?!

*I adore my Keurig. The only thing I miss is the smell of a brewing pot of coffee..
*I thought I'd be used to the heat after living in Florida. But it was seriously a one day heat wave. The rest of the week was very pleasant.
*I don't even want to keep my bouquet because all I see are the lack of mickeys. Oh, well.
*I was very nervous! Joey tells me I have chronic b*tch face, so I'm always worried that people think I'm mad or a brat or something, even though, it's just my face!
*I battled a long time over the whole photographer thing. I've finally made peace with it. And we've decided to do an in-park anniversary session, but only if we can have someone OTHER than Joe. :thumbsup2
*aww...Thank you! Editing is fun. I go a little overboard sometimes.
*Stepmom annoyed everyone that week. Which stinks, because usually she's pretty awesome and we get along really well. I don't know what her deal was that week.
*the boogie definitely saved me from crying meltdown.
*Aw, sorry to leave you hanging....Honestly, I can't really remember a lot of the ceremony. I have very disjointed random memories that would make for a terrible recap, so I had to find the video! I'm going to watch it tomorrow, so I can remember what happened during my wedding ceremony! haha! Ceremony post coming soon! Thanks for reading, it means a lot to me!

Read through everything and am all up to date. I just want to say that I think it's totally normal (and perfectly fine) to be a little disappointed after the wedding. I can see how such a build up can happen and then not everything works out the way you had hoped...especially because some people just don't get that involved, excited, or happy as you are and would like them to be. Not to make it personal, but I can already see that in my wedding planning...whenever I am ecstatic over something, DF is kind of "so-so" becuase he's just not a real excited guy, and his parents don't seem to care ONE iota about the wedding. My MOH NEVER calls me or even came to my bridal party b/c she couldn't afford it but then a month later she took a girls trip to Washington DC...anywho, this is about YOU...sorry. My point is, lots of people are selfish and if it's not about them then they don't get excited. Not your fault. And again, absolutely normal that you were somewhat disappointed. Although, I think things looked lovely, pictures are beautiful and you did get married so mission accomplished lol. And I liked your shoes...good call, glad you wore them. :banana:

Read through everything and am all up to date. I just want to say that I think it's totally normal (and perfectly fine) to be a little disappointed after the wedding. I can see how such a build up can happen and then not everything works out the way you had hoped...especially because some people just don't get that involved, excited, or happy as you are and would like them to be. Not to make it personal, but I can already see that in my wedding planning...whenever I am ecstatic over something, DF is kind of "so-so" becuase he's just not a real excited guy, and his parents don't seem to care ONE iota about the wedding. My MOH NEVER calls me or even came to my bridal party b/c she couldn't afford it but then a month later she took a girls trip to Washington DC...anywho, this is about YOU...sorry. My point is, lots of people are selfish and if it's not about them then they don't get excited. Not your fault. And again, absolutely normal that you were somewhat disappointed. Although, I think things looked lovely, pictures are beautiful and you did get married so mission accomplished lol. And I liked your shoes...good call, glad you wore them. :banana:

Thank you so much for your kind words. It really made me feel better, and although I feel bad that you are dealing with crap too, it's nice to know we aren't alone right? :goodvibes

Loved my shoes! They were so much fun, even if they did give me blisters! :(

Thanks for following along!

It’s finally time to walk down the aisle!! The violinist started playing “a whole new world, and the girls started walking down. We picked “A Whole New World” because the words are perfect for us. Since Joey’s a pilot, I have been “soaring, tumbling, freewheeling” with him quite a few times, although we were in an airplane and not on a magic carpet. Haha! Anyway, mom went first:

momgaussian.jpg

momdownaislegaussian.jpg

Then it was BM time....Katie Sue went first, and stood up on Joey’s side. There was no real reason for this, other than it evened the bridal party out a little bit!

KSdowntheaislegaussian.jpg

Then it was Steffi’s turn
steffigaussian.jpg

Followed by Joyell
Joyelldowntheaislegaussian.jpg

Deana
Deanagaussian2.jpg

And Hillarie
Hillariedowntheaislegaussian.jpg

Then my two favorite munchkins made their way down the aisle together. Ayla was in heaven and said later it was good practice for her wedding when she married Andy. That kid is too much!! Looking at the pictures, I’m pretty sure that Andy was trying to step on the flower petals and I know that he wasn’t as excited about Ayla as she was about him! I say give him another 10 years, and he might feel differently about Miss Ayla! Haha!
andyandayladownaislegaussian.jpg

AndyandAyladowntheaislegaussian.jpg

Then the violinist switched to “Beauty and the Beast” and it was time to walk down the aisle with my daddy. Ever since we got engaged almost seven years ago, I wanted to walk down to “Transformation” from Beauty and the Beast. I even had it all choreographed as to who would walk down at which part, and when I’d make my entrance. Since the Escape package included a violin, and I didn’t want to deal with an iPod, I had to scrap that idea. It was really hard, because it meant so much to me. But, in the end, it was A LOT better to get married at Disney, than to just have that one song. So, it was a compromise, but not much of one. Beauty and the Beast is my all time favorite Disney, and it just fits us perfectly. I am definitely the weirdo with her nose stuck in a book, and Joey is a big hairy beast! Hahahaha. He is such a good sport about it! And did I mention my daddy looks like Belle’s dad? I, mean, really. I have no doubt he was the inspiration for Maurice. For real.

Tanis helped me put the blusher over my face and told us when to walk. Everything seems to be blur, but I do remember giving dad a big hug, and told him that I loved him. He kept stepping on my dress, and I kept tripping over it, and I was really regretting not fixing the undergarments! About halfway down, I started kicking my feet way out in front of me as I walked, to get the dress out of the way. It was comical.

walkingdowntheaislegaussian.jpg

dadandaldowntheaislegaussian.jpg

almosttheregaussian.jpg

I glanced briefly at everyone, and was surprised to see that they were all crying already. Really? We haven’t even started yet people! I almost lost it, so I just concentrated on not tripping and dying. I didn’t look at Joey until we rounded the corner around the chairs and started up the middle. Wowza, he was soo handsome! We smiled at each other and everyone else melted away. Sounds cheesy, but he was the only one in the world at that moment. We reached the end of the aisle and daddy must have been really nervous, cause as soon as we were at the end, he lifted my veil, gave me a kiss, and I think was ready to sit down. Rev Kev stopped him and said, “Don’t be so quick to give her away” and everyone laughed. It was nice to relieve all of our nerves I think. Then he had the three of us stand together and said,
“On behalf of Joey and Allison I would like to thank each of you for attending this wedding celebration. You are indeed participating in one of the happiest moments of their lives. For Joey and Allison, your very presence here as family and honored guests not only heightens the beauty of this moment for them--but it also completes it! You may be seated”

dadandalendoftheaisle.jpg

(on a side note, I’m probably going to go through the whole ceremony. Hope it’s not too boring for you!)

Apparently, the whole time this was happening, there was some sort of obnoxious beeping in the background. I have no idea what it was, and at the time, I didn’t even hear it. But you can hear it on the wedding video, and it drives me crazy!!!

Rev Kev continued:

“We are gathered here today to witness the coming together of two people. Two people whose hearts and spirits are already entwined as one. In fact, those of you who know Joey and Allison best, can also attest to their love for one another and to the blended hopes, dreams and goals that they share. When such a bond exists of this magnitude, then it is only appropriate that we have an open public demonstration of their love such as this wedding ceremony.

Do you, Joey, knowing of this woman’s love for you and returning it,
Realizing her strengths and learning from them, recognizing her weaknesses and accepting them, take Allison to be your lawfully wedded wife?”

Joey said I do, but he was looking at Rev Kev, so he told him to tell me! Haha! So Joey turns to me and says I do again, and everyone laughed. Again. Then he asked the same of me, and I told Joey I do.

Then he asked Joey’s family if they sanctioned the marriage with their blessing and receive me with love into their family, and of course they said yes. When he asked the same of my family, mom and dad said yes. But it was really hard to hear them, and Rev says, “Oh, come on! You can do better than that!” Everyone laughed. Again. Do we see a pattern here folks? And my mom goes, “There’s only two of us!” Oh, geez. So...we continue with the ceremony.

“Through out time and tradition, it has always been the distinct honor and privilege for someone to present the bride in marriage. Who’s honor is that today? And dad says, “That is mine” and then he kissed me and was finally able to sit down.

mytwoguysgaussian.jpg

kissingdaddygaussian.jpg

handherovergaussian.jpg

Joey and I then faced everyone and Rev Knox says:
“Joey and Allison have asked me to publicly express their love and appreciation to you, their parents, for all the love and guidance you have given them. It is through you, that they have learned the meaning of the words “love, honor and respect”. It is with these ‘gifts’ that you have bestowed upon them-they will now come to share and exchange with each other. It is a tribute to you that they now stand here before us. For it is not just their love for each other that has brought them to this point-but it is also your love for them. For that, they say thank you. You may be seated.”

“You are now taking into your care and keeping the happiness of the one person you love the most. You are agreeing to share strengths, responsibilities, and love. As husband and wife you will be each other’s best friend, confidant, lover, teacher, listener and protector. As your relationship grows it will deepen and enrich every facet of your life. Your happiness is fuller, your memories fresher, and your commitments will be stronger.

You will indeed experience marriage to be one of life’s greatest commitments, one of life’s greatest blessings, but also one of life’s greatest challenges. So, be mindful of this; every effort to preserve love with one another by demonstrating patience, by holding each other gently, and by lifting each other up, will go a long, long way in guaranteeing a wonderful and happy life together.”

Then Rev Kev told Joey to look into the eyes of the one he loved and he got to go first, and to enjoy it, because it would be the last time he got to go first.
Here are the vows:

“I, Joey take you, Allison
As my friend and my love
Beside me and apart from me
In laughter and in tears
In good times and bad,
Asking that you be no other than yourself
Loving what I know of you
Trusting what I do not know
And in all the ways that life may lead us.”

So, when Joey gets to the part that says, “Asking that you be no other than yourself,” He starts laughing. And Kevin asked if he wanted to explain himself. Joey says, “They all know.” So we all laugh, but I was a little upset by it. I know I’m an odd bird, and dramatic, and an only child, and blah blah blah, but really? During our wedding ceremony? And I know he didn’t mean anything malicious at all by it, but it hurt my feelings just a bit. And this is another reason I love these boards so much, cause I could never admit that to anyone else. Glad to get it off my chest! Okay, back to your regularly scheduled wedding ceremony....

ceremony6gaussianblackandwhite.jpg
idos.jpg

ceremony7gaussian.jpg

Then it was time for the rings, and we did a ring warming/blessing and passed the rings around to all of our guests to bless them for us. As they were passing the rings, Rev Kev read this poem:

GROWTH
~ Roy Croft

I love you, not only for what you are-but for what I am when I am with you.
I love you not only for what you have made of yourself -but for what You are making of me.
I love you for the part of me that you bring out; I love you for, putting your hand
into my heaped-up heart and passing over all the foolish, weak things that you can’t help dimly seeing there, and for drawing out into the light all the beautiful belongings
that no one else had looked quite far enough to find.
I love you because you...Are helping me to make of the lumber of my life not a tavern
but a temple; out of works of my every day not a reproach but a song.
I love you because you have done more than any creed could have done to make me good and more than any fate could have done to make me happy.

You have done it without a touch, without a word, without a sign.
You have done it by being yourself.
Perhaps that is what being in love means, after all”

ringpillowgaussian.jpg

AylaGaussian.jpg

marthawithringsgaussian.jpg

Then we exchanged rings.
“With this ring I commit to you. As this ring encircles your finger, always remember my love encircles your heart.”

herearetheringsgaussian.jpg

joeysringgaussian.jpg

ido2gaussian.jpg

Then it was time for the wine box ceremony....continued in the next post!

Then it was time for the wine box ceremony.
“I have asked you as a couple, to find a strong, wooden box that will hold two bottles of wine, and two wine glasses. In addition, I have asked each of you to write a letter to one another, expressing the good qualities that you have found in your partner, and your reasons for falling in love with each other. You haven’t read each other's letter yet—have you? I ask that you seal them in individual envelopes and put them in the box with the wine and glasses."

" Joey and Allison, should you ever find your marriage enduring serious difficulties, I ask that before you make any irrational decisions, that you both, as a couple, open this wine box, drink some wine together, and then venture off into separates rooms to read the letters that you wrote to one another when you were united as a couple. By reading these love letters, you will reflect upon the reasons that you fell in love with each other in the first place. The hope here is, that there will never be a reason for you to open this box, unless of course, it is for your 25th year wedding anniversary!"

During this part of the ceremony, the violinist played, “A Time for Us” from Romeo and Juliet. This song was my something old and borrowed. My mom and dad used this song in their wedding and I’ve always LOVED this song. I knew from the time I was a little girl that I would use it in my wedding. I made sure to look over at them when the wine box ceremony was finished, and mom of course was crying. I’m hoping the song will bring as much luck to us as it has for my parents. They are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary this year! That’s impressive!

(And yes, I know that those are champagne flutes and not wine glasses, but wine glasses wouldn't fit! And I discovered this the night before we left for WDW. So, I had to improvise! haha) We used this bottle of wine because it was from North Carolina and it had an airplane on it! hehe!
winebox2gaussian.jpg

wineboxceremony4gaussian.jpg

Then we were pronounced Husband and Wife:

For as much as Joey and Allison have consented together in wedlock, and have witnessed the same before this company, and thereto have pledged their faith each to the other, and have declared the same by joining hands and by giving and receiving rings, I pronounce that they are husband and wife together. Joey you can kiss your beautiful princess!”
And joey was like “Yeah, man!”

kissgaussian.jpg

After our kiss, I had to give him my tissue to wipe my lipstick off of his lips, and then Rev Kev announced us:
“Ladies and Gentleman, for the first time, after ten years, (more laughter) I present to you Mr and Mrs Joey Maxwell!!!”

ridiculoushappyface.jpg

ceremony2gaussian.jpg

husbandandwifegaussian.jpg

downtheaislegaussian.jpg

The violinist did a great job with my “medley” through the kiss, pronouncement and recessional. He started with when you wish upon a star during the kiss and then it went into:

You can fly
MMC march
Bare Necessities
Zip a Dee Doo Dah
And Pirates of the Caribbean

andyandayladonegaussian.jpg
marloweandhillariegaussian.jpg

Deanaandquillongaussian.jpg

stefjoyellKSgaussian.jpg

momanddaddownaislegaussian.jpg

It was awesome! We hugged and visited for a little bit, then it was time to drink champagne and eat cake.

Ayla pulling on my veil:
whoaveil.jpg

huggingMarlowegaussian.jpg

I’m glad I have the video because otherwise, I wouldn’t have a clue what happened that day. Everything seemed to go by so fast and in a blur. I remember saying the words, and I just kept thinking, just keep looking at Joey, it’s just you and Joey...And that helped a lot. Despite a few hiccups, the ceremony went really well, and although it wasn’t exactly what I had envisioned my wedding to be my whole life, it was sweet, and honest, and it was “us.” Which is obviously the most important thing. All in all, I was really happy with it, and soo glad to be married after 10 years! haha!!

Please excuse the weird coloring on some of the pictures...I've been playing with the color a little bit to match some of my scrapbook themes, and I was too lazy to hunt down the original pictures! Boy, I look tan in them though! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter