Our little thread of BIG Resort changes*OLD THREAD link on last pg. to new thread!

If only DH would allow a split and forget the dining plan nonsense. :-) I'm sure we'd save some money :-)

I would love to do at least a 5/3 split between CBR pirate room and a deluxe like CR or Poly...in my dream world, we'd even do CL! :-) FWIW I think Poly club level is a bit cheaper than CR? That would be an awesome anniversary!! :-) but alas I don't think that's going to happen...

Happy Tuesday Morning!!!! :goodvibes

Disney cruise anyone????

Is it sad that I am trying to convince DH that we need to hop on a plane and head down to Disney for a couple of days...like today??? And he's listening???

We have 2 more weeks before our AP's expire...

Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Times a wastin'! Spur of the moment trips are the best!!!popcorn::

You post all those beautiful pictures just to torment me!..Chanting: "I will not change..I will not change...I will...not..ummmm...)

Of course I do :teeth: I love watching people change their minds 101 times! If I were a gambler, I could possibly make some money off this thread....would make for a great pool :laughing:

Pas130...it scares me that you had CL withdrawal and changed your resort! That means I'm in trouble after this trip with 2 CL resorts....Will I ever go back to value??? Ah well... I suspect my hubby will be the one who is hopelessly hooked after this trip! Congrats on your "more recent" change!!

Worked for me :thumbsup2 There's always a method to our madness....DHs just don't know it...

My mom was up here all weekend and left a while ago. She's 81 and I treasure the time we have just hanging out together. And even though an hour and a half seems far away sometimes, it's just a drive away. She's absolutely hooked on her laptop that my son bought for her and loves Face Book! She even brought her laptop with her this weekend so she wouldn't miss anything in FB land!:)

That's awesome :goodvibes

Agree about creepy clown pool :eek: :rotfl2: but one day I may try BWI, maybe a January trip, when SAB isn't as big a draw!!

Creepy Clown Pool here we come ..... :car:

Kiddo's all blotchy again. I'm totally perplexed what this could be from. :confused: Thought it was the bugspray but she hasn't had that on her since the first time she broke out. Taking her to the doc's later on. I think it bothers me more than her... other than her scratching it occasionally. Ah, the mysteries of children. Keeps us on our toes.

How's this going??? Any better?

Hiya friends!
I am trying hard to catch up after our recent trip to a wedding in Atlanta. I am backreading, and enjoying hearing about all the changes and, of course, pondered changes.

You were in my kneck of the woods...Georgia! Well, not really...that's almost 4 hours away.

A bit about the wedding. There were three of us that were good friends while our husbands were stationed in Germany. We each had two babies there, and had a lovely friendship. Fast forward...ummm...Yikes:scared1:..30 years, and those little ones are all grown up and getting married. This wedding was for one of those children. Such fun! The weekend went by fast, but we managed to find lots of happy time together.

Sounds like a GREAT time!!!

I have been busy tweaking dining. I hope I finally have it set, but with me, who knows? It looks like Cali grill should be open for our trip, fingers crossed we'll get reservations. I noted the chef changed the name of his twitter page, but there's good info about Cali grill there, still. I figure he should know when it will reopen. Just quoting my read, Sounds like maybe last week in August?

Love this place!!! Especially the view!!! Can't wait to see the updated CG:thumbsup2

Apparently they have a name... well one of them anyway.

Here's their pic of Paul...

paul_the_chair.jpg

Hmmmm.....weird.....goes right along with Creepy Clown. Paul will definitely add to our experience at BWI :laughing:

ALL the resorts .... you are giving me way too much credit ... I do know how to do a great split! :

Speaking of splits .... I'm feeling sort of sad because our Sept trip we are only doing a 2 way split .... just doesn't seem right .... I'm sure I need another resort in there somewhere!!! :cool1:

How do you do it????!!!! We've only done a 2 way, and that makes me edgy :scared1: Always nervous I'll forget a kid or something...

I would love to do at least a 5/3 split between CBR pirate room and a deluxe like CR or Poly...in my dream world, we'd even do CL! :-) FWIW I think Poly club level is a bit cheaper than CR? That would be an awesome anniversary!! :-) but alas I don't think that's going to happen...

:scared::faint: Do you mean 5 resorts or 3 resorts?!! I'm not up on the "Split Lingo"....I need explicit details :laughing:

Looks like rain on and off today which is fine. Getting ready to do some painting! Not like arts n' crafts painting....I mean paint the interior walls painting!! After 12 years, the kitchen and den are looking a bit dingy to say the least.

Heather

Just had to pop on to say I love those chairs and the pool best themed of all IMO. Now I want to scrap the Poly especially reading about the Tour Groups and roaches taking up residence :eek:

There are so many things just plain wrong about the Boardwalk, lol!!! :rotfl2:

We didn't hop on a plane....we looked at airfare and it was just too expensive. :faint: that's ok!

Sheila - don't change Poly!!! You've got to give it a shot. The tour group thing would stink, but I guess that could happen anywhere, right? And the roach thing....I'm thinking while that poster was gazing at the fireworks from her balcony, she left her door open allowing mr roachy face (er, palmetto bug ;) ) to fly right in. ::yes::

Just had to pop on to say I love those chairs and the pool best themed of all IMO. Now I want to scrap the Poly especially reading about the Tour Groups and roaches taking up residence :eek:

Eeewww...what's this about tour groups and roaches??

Enjoy the day, you fabulous neighbours-to-the-north! :dance3: :love: Perhaps I should go get the makings of a Caesar to toast you ladies later on... :thumbsup2
::yes:: a Caesar would be nice!! And some bartenders actually know how to make them in the US now!!!! And don't look at me like I have 2 heads if I order one

Happy Anniversary to Wookie!
:banana: :woohoo: :woohoo: :banana:

Thank you thank you thank you. :hug: I need some reassurance every now and then that I'm not alone.

This would be a PERFECT location for an RC-Diva trip! Oh my, could you imagine?! We'd all plan to be there but wind up at different resorts anyway from all the changing.

I'm just trying to stay sane, honestly. That's about all I've got time for. :rotfl:

Hubbo -- who's in Seattle at the moment -- said it's funny how they're all complaining about the heat. Then I reminded him how it was for us when we lived overseas with no AC. He said, "Yeah. I know exactly how they feel." Luckily his hotel has AC but the university buildings don't. :faint:

No worries about not having the right tags. If you're unsure of whether changing the luggage tags they sent you will work: Just take your luggage receipt sticker-thingies you get from the airlines down to the DME desk, they'll retrieve your luggage from those. :thumbsup2

~~==============================~~

Kiddo's all blotchy again. I'm totally perplexed what this could be from. :confused: Thought it was the bugspray but she hasn't had that on her since the first time she broke out. Taking her to the doc's later on. I think it bothers me more than her... other than her scratching it occasionally. Ah, the mysteries of children. Keeps us on our toes.
Hope she feels better soon!

Missoutandabout.....Perfect! I will do just that.Thank you ladies for your advice...I am so excited...3 more days of work and then....VACA!!!:yay:
:cool1::cool1::cool1:
She's got everyone fooled, fooled I say! :thumbsup2 :laughing: She was actually much, muuuuch better than yesterday. Now, can she make it two days in a row? popcorn::

If ever this grand plan comes to fruition, you are the designated ressie holder! :thumbsup2 Although, if Linda were to co-chair this position with you... we could stay at ALL the resorts! :love:

Thank you. :hug: Kinda what I had suspected, it's some sort of contact allergy. She's given me a referral to see the allergist if it doesn't clear up in a week.

Nope, those ARE creepy chairs! Hahahaha. :lmao: When we visited the lobby in January, I told my daughter to go "sit on the freaky chairs" so I could get a picture.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks they are creepy chairs!!

I'm just a 3 hr drive from Seattle, the thing is, we've had a cool, wet June then bam!!!! Conditions go from that to hot, sunny and soaring temps to 90 over night! We are all shell shocked here :eek: I look at it as getting ready for Florida!!!

Mornin' Peeps !

Heather.. thank you for your wonderful "pix of the day" :thumbsup2 Always a treat at work when I pop in the thread. :goodvibes

Apparently they have a name... well one of them anyway, PAUL! :rotfl2: (story here on WDW for Grown-ups)

paul_the_chair.jpg

Love it! Maybe I'm partial as that is my DS' name.... oh I will have to send him this pix! :cool1:

Sheila, there will always be a negative review about any resort.... and as MM posted, it could be palmetto bugs NOT roaches...keep the POLY, this is YOUR time to try this resort... you have always wanted to stay there! Just do it! :hug:

We didn't hop on a plane....we looked at airfare and it was just too expensive. :faint: that's ok!

MM, Tell me about it ....but it was good to hope and dream for a day right? :goodvibes

Hiya friends!
I am trying hard to catch up after our recent trip to a wedding in Atlanta. I am backreading, and enjoying hearing about all the changes and, of course, pondered changes. :laughing:
A bit about the wedding. There were three of us that were good friends while our husbands were stationed in Germany. We each had two babies there, and had a lovely friendship. Fast forward...ummm...Yikes:scared1:..30 years, and those little ones are all grown up and getting married. This wedding was for one of those children. Such fun! The weekend went by fast, but we managed to find lots of happy time together.

Ginny, welcome back! We missed ya! How nice that you stayed friends all these years. It must of been so great to be back together again. :goodvibes

I have been busy tweaking dining. I hope I finally have it set, but with me, who knows? It looks like Cali grill should be open for our trip, fingers crossed we'll get reservations. I noted the chef changed the name of his twitter page, but there's good info about Cali grill there, still. I figure he should know when it will reopen. Just quoting my read, Sounds like maybe last week in August?

Sure missed you all! I will do a muti-quote tomorrow, sending out hugs and best wishes to all the rc friends today! :goodvibes:grouphug:

Ok Ginny, you have to spill abour your ADRs!

She's got everyone fooled, fooled I say! :thumbsup2 :laughing: She was actually much, muuuuch better than yesterday. Now, can she make it two days in a row? popcorn::

of course our sweet Miss M will :goodvibes

If ever this grand plan comes to fruition, you are the designated ressie holder! :thumbsup2 Although, if Linda were to co-chair this position with you... we could stay at ALL the resorts! :love:

:rotfl: well Linda?? Will we be the designated RH?

Nope, those ARE creepy chairs! Hahahaha. :lmao: When we visited the lobby in January, I told my daughter to go "sit on the freaky chairs" so I could get a picture.

They look kind of fun and cool and quirky ... a good creepy.. :thumbsup2 Did Miss M like them?? :goodvibes

My mom was up here all weekend and left a while ago. She's 81 and I treasure the time we have just hanging out together. And even though an hour and a half seems far away sometimes, it's just a drive away. She's absolutely hooked on her laptop that my son bought for her and loves Face Book! She even brought her laptop with her this weekend so she wouldn't miss anything in FB land!:)

Awesome!! My Mom can't travel by herself anymore (she has parkinson's and lives in Assisted living... she's 83). Enjoy those visits together, and make those memories.... life is too short.

:rotfl: now what's this about tour groups and roaches? :scared1:

Yes please!!::yes::::yes::::yes::

Ack! Where did you read that about the Poly? Roaches! YUCK!!:crazy2:

There are so many things just plain wrong about the Boardwalk, lol!!! :rotfl2:

Sheila - don't change Poly!!! You've got to give it a shot. The tour group thing would stink, but I guess that could happen anywhere, right? And the roach thing....I'm thinking while that poster was gazing at the fireworks from her balcony, she left her door open allowing mr roachy face (er, palmetto bug ;) ) to fly right in. ::yes::

Eeewww...what's this about tour groups and roaches??

Mornin' Peeps !

Heather.. thank you for your wonderful "pix of the day" :thumbsup2 Always a treat at work when I pop in the thread. :goodvibes

Love it! Maybe I'm partial as that is my DS' name.... oh I will have to send him this pix! :cool1:

Sheila, there will always be a negative review about any resort.... and as MM posted, it could be palmetto bugs NOT roaches...keep the POLY, this is YOUR time to try this resort... you have always wanted to stay there! Just do it! :hug:

MM, Tell me about it ....but it was good to hope and dream for a day right? :goodvibes

Ginny, welcome back! We missed ya! How nice that you stayed friends all these years. It must of been so great to be back together again. :goodvibes

Ok Ginny, you have to spill abour your ADRs!

of course our sweet Miss M will :goodvibes

:rotfl: well Linda?? Will we be the designated RH?

They look kind of fun and cool and quirky ... a good creepy.. :thumbsup2 Did Miss M like them?? :goodvibes

Awesome!! My Mom can't travel by herself anymore (she has parkinson's and lives in Assisted living... she's 83). Enjoy those visits together, and make those memories.... life is too short.

:rotfl: now what's this about tour groups and roaches? :scared1:

So far I've seen 3 DISers mention the Tour Groups staying at Poly on the Poly thread with all the typical comments, something I have never worried about staying at Deluxe resorts and hopefully the "roach" was a palmetto bug but seeing those roach pics at POR a while back freaked me out.

Hi Guys. So after lots of checking :magnify: we are doing Portofino Bay at Universal. Our preference, RPR, had no 2-queen-bed discounted CL rooms left for our stay dates, so Portofino Bay it shall be. I booked today. :surfweb: Anyone need a slightly worn Poly CL ressie for July 20? :rolleyes1

We are off to NC to our cabin today. Have a Happy July 4th everyone! :rainbow:

Hi Guys. So after lots of checking :magnify: we are doing Portofino Bay at Universal. Our preference, RPR, had no 2-queen-bed discounted CL rooms left for our stay dates, so Portofino Bay it shall be. I booked today. :surfweb: Anyone need a slightly worn Poly CL ressie for July 20? :rolleyes1

We are off to NC to our cabin today. Have a Happy July 4th everyone! :rainbow:

:thumbsup2 Portofino :cool1:

Safe travels and Happy 4th Linda

Apparently they have a name... well one of them anyway, PAUL! :rotfl2: (story here on WDW for Grown-ups)

paul_the_chair.jpg

OH my!! That is a creepy looking chair! Mmmm...do I even want to venture over and look at that clown???:scared1:

So I am reading this morning...so many posts! Hello to everyone...I don't have this multiquote down yet....and my posts keep disappearing *** I'm so slow evidentally!!

News for all of you....bad and then the good. My July vacation is gone...:( ugh. My hubby's project situation has made this the most crazy "trying to go to Disney" plans ever. That's the bad. The good is that I rescheduled it to September 20th. And really, September is usually the month we go....so I just have to count down again. ;) And as a side note....Yay:cool1: for Southwest Airlines ticket policies that I could change the date til September with no fees.

How do you do it????!!!! We've only done a 2 way, and that makes me edgy Always nervous I'll forget a kid or something...

:rotfl2::rotfl: Now that's funny!!

Hstrickland: Now you have all the way to September to tempt me!!

SueM: What is in a Ceasar?? Inquiring mind wants to know!!:)

Ginny...Glad you were able to be with old friends...they're the best, so many memories and laughs!

Candace...Ah well..there WILL always be another time, right? Keep checking those airfares though, sometimes they change daily..you still have a few days to do that! Nothing like a great spur of the moment getaway!;)

Hope all my fellow Canadians had a great weekend! We went to Canada's Wonderland and while we were watching my daughter said "Mummy, these are not nearly as nice as Disney'" :rolleyes1 I'm sorry I've fallen so far behind! All caught up again now!

Willow: Yay for WL!! And on July 5 too! So freakin close! Super excited for you!
Ok, on the verge of a change here myself. :rolleyes: Considering a move to a family suite at ASM....cannot beat the price with the BB we have. It is still about $400 cheaper than a family suite at AOA for the same dates. And all the DD's will have their own bed. :thumbsup2 The older two did not really enjoy sharing this past trip.
I know a few of you don't enjoy the values, but do any of the RC ladies have any experiences that were good there?? Candace, was it you who had a bad experience there?? In looking at the pics it really doesn't look too bad, but will we be super disappointed after staying at deluxes?? Help me!!! popcorn::
Perhaps I just need someone to tell me the little bit of extra $$ is worth it to stay deluxe!! LOL!
Anywhere at Disney is nice - that said, I am a fan of the spend a little extra to treat yourself on holiday. :rolleyes:

Woohoo! BWI sounds lovely - it's the resort in front running for my next trip :)
It seems like Jan 2015 will take forever to come! I could do with a review before then, Jen ;)
Quick update on DH (it's his bday today and we're taking him to Red Robin (A CDN burger joint) for dinner :) -- yeah! No cooking!!! -- tomorrow is date night at the VIP theatre to see The Heat)
Dr apt was a mixed bag still. He is finally given the go ahead to begin more aggressive Physio to see if he can get movement in the top joint of his pinky. If after 2 months/ end summer it's still not moving or contributing to function of his other three working fingers, he'll have to make a choice if its really worth keeping if it is hindering function of the other three. He's grown quite attached to his little/ smaller hand, so that would be a big dissapointment to lose baby finger too. The surgeon said though in his opinion if the baby finger has no movement still, it's just going to suck from his three good fingers, and he'll have better function with three fingers than 3 and a tag along finger that's not offering any function to his overall hand use.
So it's a waiting game and Physio all summer to see what kind of movement / if any he can obtain in his baby finger. Next Visit is Aug 28th. We should have a little better idea by then what he's looking at for going forward to meet his goal of going back as a Sheriff/ if he can. That's the hope though.
DH and I are in need of a holiday!!!
DS 21 FINALLY has his interview for his first job at Home Depot ( CDN hardware store) today! He's applied for a night shift position M-F 10pm-6:30am
On the freight team -- offloading/ stocking etc. I am so hoping he gets it because he needs to get his life started somehow - he needs it for experience- he needs it as a stepping stone for whatever he's going to do next ( which at the moment is kind of unknown , but leaning towards the possibility of becoming an electrician) -- he needs it for his sanity and self esteem! He just needs something to feel good about and to work and have his own savings and sense of accomplishment -- oh how I hope he's successful and gets offered the position! I have a feeling if he fails at this, his self esteem might be crushed and he may just go into a slump :( please pixie dust for my boy!!!!
Hope all is well with all my loving RCer family :hug:
Happy birthday to your hubby! Hope he had a great Canada day weekend! His poor hand. Sounds like you really need a holiday! Good luck to your son about his job!

Hellooooooooooooo chicas! :grouphug:
Only news I've got to share...
Hubbo was at home yesterday. (He needed to work from home because everyone at his work was bugging him and he has to work on his talk for a conference he's attending this weekend. Mind you, working with Miss M and myself hanging around is infinitely MORE difficult than colleagues bugging you all day.) I heard him go upstairs into the office and let loose with a phrase I can't share here. :rolleyes1 He comes running back downstairs and tells me to check my email. The email in question was a letter from the director of the lab. Very short and sweet but the hubster was given a promotion, effective immediately. :faint: He's never been a "toot his own horn" type, so this sort of thing means a lot to him beyond the obvious as it requires multiple written recommendations from respected members of his field on top of review-by-committee before it can go ahead -- and it was all done without him knowing. So proud of that nerd. :lovestruc
I was going to ask what he does. I'm with you, I do love a sexy scientist (mine is a molecular biologist). He is very much the same about not tooting his own horn. So a huge congratulations to your guy!! It's lovely to hear good news about science - I always tell my husband when he's had a bad day "She is a harsh mistress." :goodvibes And funny you say that about harder to get work done at home, he said that on Friday when he came home to work on his talk.

You're getting very CLOSE to OLCI! :woohoo:
I don't mind... you even mentioned the particular variety of nerd in your very post. :thumbsup2 He's a theorist. It's funny that you mention Kaku! My hubster's "brush with fame" came with the U.K.'s physics poster child, Brian Cox (kinda like their version of Michio Kaku). He hosts quite a bit of BBC science stuff, was in an episode of Doctor Who and various other geekster stuff. Basically, they love to roll him out when it's anything remotely physics/science related. Anywho, he and my hubs were the examiners together for a PhD student's thesis defense. I think I was more excited about it than he was. :rolleyes: He refused to ask Brian Cox for an autograph for me. :rotfl:
I remember that Doctor Who! I love his enthusiasm.

Day One: (of the staycation) Kindergarten Graduation!!!!
I am both :banana: and :sad: about this. Our baby is graduating kindergarten. Now I will have a 1st grader and 4th grader. My babies are growing up. :(
But, on the other hand, one step closer to no school tuition (for a couple of years) :hyper: DD6 is in private K, like DD9 was...now they will both be in public school with only before/after school program costs....which is a lot smaller expense (more money for Disney!!!) :cool1:
We will enjoy that for 2 years, until DD9 has to go to 6th grade....then it's back to private school, and empty wallet...:scared1:
Awww - I totally get that. Congrats to your little onw. It goes by so fast, doesn't it? I always cry buckets at stuff like that. The worst for me is putting away clothes they have outgrown. We are facing the private school dilemma too. Being a mum is hard.

I'm here friends :grouphug: Lots of work drama :furious: and let's just say I've had a pretty bad week. I really miss everyone, but I really am not in a good place to catch up...YET :goodvibes
Poor you Jeanette. Hugs. Hope this week is nmiles better! :hug:

Jen- we, too, are spoiled. We have only stayed deluxe and one time CL. DH is the one who always wants to book the Grand and he never wants to know how much anything is ...I'm supposed to make it all work. We are going to the dvc open house tomorrow pm, it will be difficult for him because they will actually say a price!!
How exciting! Have fun at the DVC! Let us know how it goes! :thumbsup2

I'm going to attempt to catch up tomorrow. I had to go to work with the DH today and it got up to 101 F (and this was not a good Dalmation). I mainly had to go with him, because he followed me to drop off the minivan to get the brakes down. They were slow enough this morning that they were able to take them apart and tell us exactly what it was going to cost. The guy was like, "the rotors are fine, but we need to rebuilding the calipers on the front." Basically what I heard him saying was "blah blah record looking thingies are fine. blah blah I have to rebuild this big thingy that looks like a double hook over the record thingies, blah blah more money." All together, we're looking at about $520. Meanwhile I'm in stress mode, but the DH says we're fine as far as money goes.
This weekend is double experience point weekend in our online game, so we'll be doing that a lot. Then on Monday, we're going to celebrate our wedding anniversary by all four of us going to this small waterpark near our house called Hawaiian Falls. Since it closes at 6 PM, we may all go out to dinner together. If I have my way, we'll eat at Babe's Chicken. At the location we go to, you only have a choice of fried chicken (each person gets a breast, leg, thigh, and wing) or a huge chicken fried steak. Then you get all you can eat family style served mashed potatoes and cream gravy (which I swear I could drink), cream corn, salad (which the house dressing is slightly sweet), and homemade Buttermilk biscuits (which are exactly like my mom and grandmothers used to make). Then we'll go next door and get pie from my favorite pie lady.
I am super tired and rambling, so I wish each of you lovelies a good night.
[/FONT][/COLOR]
I'm sorry about your car. That is sucky. Hope you had a fantastic and romantic anniversary! :lovestruc

DECLINING CDN $$!!!!!! Nooooooooo!!!!!! I've got 19 months to save still!!!! I need our $ near par!!!!! It's hard enough because I've been bit by the deluxe club level bug too, and my next trip was leaning towards BWI!!!! So our $$ needs to strengthen again, YES IT DOES!!!!!
DS's interview went well I think, we're waiting for a security clearance to be done and references checked/ could be a 5 day process or so -- with Canada Day long weekend, we might hear something next week. They did ask if he had a pair of work boots at the end of the interview, so that's a good sign, but we'll have to go shopping for work boots for him if the offer comes through. It'll be an adjustment working night shift (10-6:30 am) mon to Fri/ at least he doesn't have to work weekends. It'll work out till he can save enough for a car too because by the time he drives home, I don't leave for work until 7:30, so he can use our car for now. I am hoping he gets the job, he's 21 and had many struggles, but it's time to start testing the world on his own a little. I'll still be here to support him but I need him to start testing life's waters and trying to find his way. It's so hard when they are not academically gifted and don't know what they want to do! I hope things work out for him because I worry so much. I am so thankful my youngest - my 17 yo- has firm plans to join the military after HS next year! He's a bit more of a go-getter and knows what he wants. I thought younger yrs where hard??? Nothing compared to this time of their life!
Praying it all works out so DH and I can finally start enjoying some of our hard earned money again, lol!!! :p
The dollar is dropping because you and I are planning Disney trips, don't you know that? ;) Pixie dust that he gets the job!!

My little baby...DD6 had her gymnastics exhibition today....I was so worried because this was her first show, and she usually freaks out about this stuff from shyness...
Well, she gave her best performances and to our surprise, (though of course we think she's great ;) ) she was awarded Gymnast of the Year!!! for her age group!!!!! :cheer2:
We are soooooo proud of that little one! :love:
Awww - that is so fanastic! Congrats to the little bunny! :goodvibes

So precious! Cherish every moment. :hug:

:lmao: I always think the chairs and the pool make it the scariest resort at Disney!
Roaches? :scared1: Ugh! Don't tell me!!!

Happy Anniversary to Melissa!
:banana: :woohoo: :woohoo: :banana:

Good morning / afternoon, ladies! :goodvibes

Ginny: Welcome home! :hug: Sounds like an excellent weekend was had. And yes... do spill the ADR beans! popcorn::

Janet: She loooooved the chair(s). :lmao: They're actually are kinda cute, in a freaky, quirky sorta way. (Of course, the clown doesn't really bother me either... I just like calling all clowns "Pennywise.") I think the whole lobby is gorgeous -- like a much-less frantic BC or more grand YC. We were pleasantly surprised last January.

Magic: Enjoy your weekend. Can't wait to hear your Portofino review! :woohoo:

Sheila: OUCH! Tour groups are infiltrating the deluxes now! :faint: Guess it was bound to happen eventually. :( I went to read the accounts over on the Poly thread. Ugh. We had such a super-quiet stay when we were in Tokelau.

~~========================~~

Been up since 4am... a little, bad-dream-having Cousin It came into the room, touched my arm and scared the bejeebus outta me. Every now and again, when I'm alone and up in my dark room and I hear her stir in the middle of the night, I get vivid images of Linda Blair in The Exorcist and watch the bedroom door with wide eyes. Here I am wondering where this child gets her active imagination. :rotfl2:

Went to my workout. At some point today, the coffee won't be able to keep up. :surfweb: :faint: Hubbo keeps texting me to complain about the "nerds" and their inability to stick to the seminar/talk schedules. :rotfl2:

I knew I'd miss some folks! As long as it takes me to reply, I'm sure I'll miss more... :blush:

Sue: I'd be too scared to order a Caesar here. I'd be worried they'd just make me a plain ol' Bloody Mary! They are one of my favourite mixed bevvies though. :thumbsup2 Where I'm from, we've got a take on the Bloody Mary called a "Old Bay Bloody" -- which I also adore. It's the regular ingredients from a Bloody Mary, but rimmed with a spicy seafood seasoning, a dash of hot sauce and a bit of ground fresh horseradish (and sometimes served with a half-shell oyster). HOT stuff!

How do you do it????!!!! We've only done a 2 way, and that makes me edgy Always nervous I'll forget a kid or something...

:lmao: :lmao: I love it!

I was going to ask what he does. I'm with you, I do love a sexy scientist (mine is a molecular biologist). He is very much the same about not tooting his own horn. So a huge congratulations to your guy!! It's lovely to hear good news about science - I always tell my husband when he's had a bad day "She is a harsh mistress." :goodvibes And funny you say that about harder to get work done at home, he said that on Friday when he came home to work on his talk.

Yes, another wife-of-a-nerd! I'll ask you what I ask all the wives I met at any science-y functions I attend, "Are you a normal person?" :lmao: (Is it the same for his field? ... most of the physicists I've met are married to other physicists.)

Edit:

Are any of you August / September folks flying on these dates? Just saw this from Southwest (only good until the 4th):

As a Click 'n Save subscriber, we know you LUV a great deal. Book by July 4 & save 30% on travel 8/27, 9/1, 9/6, 9/10, 9/17, and/or 9/24. Don't forget to enter Promo Code SAVE30!

HELLO RC family :) been absolutely crazy here, appts, packing, etc. plus the kids have decided that now is a great time to start waking up in the middle of the night for various reasons....so tired! Andrew and I just tried to load my truck and it looks like DH is going to need to put the cargo topper on tonight, lol. I have a big SUV but it honestly doesn't have a ton of cargo space. Sooo much stuff for 12 days of vacation!

I'm not even going to try to catch up but have a few comments....

Jeannette - I hope things are getting better up there! I'll keep checking in to follow along with any more RCs you may have.

Magic - we loved Portifino Bay! Enjoy the cabin! sorry I am going to miss you this trip to the west coast.

Miss - I hope Miss M's itchy blotchy skin is doing better today. We lock the bedroom door just so the kids can't come in and scare us half to death ;)

Willow - sorry about the July trip :(

Ginny - glad you had an amazing weekend!

Heather - have fun painting :)

Hello to everyone I didn't comment to, thinking of you all!!!

HUGS,
Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter