Our little thread of BIG Resort changes*OLD THREAD link on last pg. to new thread!

Good morning all (almost afternoon). I'm really dragging due to the staying up until 4am finishing my Shutterfly projects. Then the kids were both up before 7:30am. Not fun. But I've been cleaning and trying to keep myself moving to stay awake. :-) And they're BOTH going down for naps soon. Even DS6 who ends up with twitching eyes and nose, etc. when he's tired and he's been a twitching mess the past couple of days. Didn't even argue much when I said he needed to take a nap today so I know he's tired. Can't afford to get sick now!!

Now I just have to put together the treasure map and clues, etc. for the reveal and get the nerve to let DH know I have a few things I've collected for that. Hehehe

Sending you good thought, prayers, and pixie dust, that you don't get sick.

I hope the reveal goes well.

My little baby...DD6 had her gymnastics exhibition today....I was so worried because this was her first show, and she usually freaks out about this stuff from shyness...

Well, she gave her best performances and to our surprise, (though of course we think she's great ;) ) she was awarded Gymnast of the Year!!! for her age group!!!!! :cheer2:

We are soooooo proud of that little one! :love:

Congrats to your DD. I'm a 37 year old woman, and I still have never done a single cartwheel. I was terrified as a child that I would fall mid-cartwheel, land on my neck and break it, so I refused to even attempt one.

Well, I just got home from a mommy/daughter night with DD9. We only live 20 minutes from Canobie Lake Park, a local amusement park, so we headed down there and it was fun. Many more thrill rides than Disney, so I'm hurting a little bit now....but we had a good time. It's so funny that I have been going to Canobie since I was a very small girl and I just can't take those rides like I used to anymore....Advil and bed are in order for me now. :rolleyes:

Have a great night all!

Sounds like a great night.

Well it's officially our 18th wedding anniversary!! I really need to get to bed, because I am going to get up super early, and go to the bank and Wal Mart before coming home, getting the men up and buying the tickets online (so we can save $8 per ticket). I'm still not sure what we'll be doing for dinner though.

To all of our lovely Canandians....HAPPY CANADA DAY!!

Also, as an odd bit of American history, today marks the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg. The DH is a huge Civil War buff, so I'm pretty sure he agree to our wedding date, because it would be easy for him to remember.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I think we all knew that POR was a flash in the pan. We love you Jeanette. :worship:

Please tell me it's not just my child which does this...

When the co-parent is away, she loves to lull me into a false sense of security. Here I was yesterday thinking, "Wow, she's been the bees' knees today. All nice and stuff. Listening and whatnot." Who is this wunderkind of goodness?

Less than 24 hours later? WHAM-O, suddenly it's "Let's Inflict Mental Anguish on the Unsuspecting" day. :rolleyes: Bedtime was TOTALLY early tonight. :laughing:

LOL! It is definitely NOT just your child... :-)

Haha, funny you should say that Linda!! Cause I feel like Scarlett too coming down the central staircase :rotfl:

Fiddle dee dee!

I think I'd love the mansion rooms too! :-) may have to wait until a girls trip of some sort...

Happy Monday to Everyone :goodvibes

Apparently my head's been in the sand over the weekend....and being MIA for just a couple days leads me into complete confusion :crazy: I think I caught a glimpse of some ticker changes.....this enquiring mind wants to know! Back a few pages I go.....

popcorn::
Heather

Happy Monday to Everyone :goodvibes

Apparently my head's been in the sand over the weekend....and being MIA for just a couple days leads me into complete confusion :crazy: I think I caught a glimpse of some ticker changes.....this enquiring mind wants to know! Back a few pages I go.....

popcorn::
Heather
Ah, Hawaii, err, LBV:goodvibes

Heather, I was in the same sandbox as you. And, no sooner did I post a Jeanette booking revision to the WL thread yesterday, she immediately changes from POR to BWI - again - gotta love her. I think her family will need extra large doses of Dramamine with all these head-spinning changes.

Oh, my, I just noticed your POR TR link in your signature:rolleyes1. That vacation (sandbox?) must have caused me to miss the auspicious occasion of the posting of your TR. I can't wait to check it out later:hug:

Wookie: Happy Anniversary!!:cool1: And thanks for the Canada Day Wishes!
Happy Canada Day Marie and SueM!!

So wayyyyyyyy back I went!!! Pages!

Speaking of new tickers...I need one...

Really???? You??? With a new ticker????? :rotfl: No way!

I understand so well, because the Pas family is now booked at POR

So....first, this was the change...and a good one ::yes::

Jeanette: wow....great minds think alike. I am going to switch. pOR or POP. Not sure which, POR has nice pool, slide, POP would be more room for us getting two. Are you going to be in AB section?:goodvibes

And will Jenn do it???!!!! ;)

I booked Royal Rooms- 2 connecting Standard view, saving $1200 and adding a WDW day :lovestruc The pool slide was a huge factor!!! Brian said it looks amazing there, and he is excited! And proud of me!
Janet helped me make the call. I am mod-phobic...but I know where we will be, Brian was so funny he said the lobby is fancy like GF and I should feel right at home

Hmmmmm.......

Love the main pool area .... lots of shade for those hot July days! :beach: Nice quiet pools too. I like that there is a large CS and also a TS. We had a nice dinner there one night. And don't forget the boat to DTD! :boat: And last but not least Piano Bob!!!

:thumbsup2 He's awesome!!

I'm spouseless for the next few days whilst the hubbo is out in Seattle. (I wanted to go! :rolleyes: ) Love Seattle. :lovestruc Now, I'm off to find a tasty cocktail to sip.

Anything interesting??? :teeth: So what will you do with yourself while hubby is away???

I'm so ready for a vacation that it's just crazy. Our weather here is HOT HOT HOT .... over a week of temps over 100!!! UGH!!!

Good grief! That's hot!!! I saw that it was even in the 90s in Seattle....crazy!!

But alas, pirates it is! Definitely nice to be able to add 2 extra days since the original booking at CR (for the same price)! And since this trip will need to tide me over for a while, the extra park time (and downtime too) is an awesome thing.

:thumbsup2 :cool1: for 2 more days!!!!

Good morning to everyone! I have been missing in action and this thread is going to take me a while to catch up! I hope you all aren't a "bad influence" on me...I will chant "I will not change resorts..I will not change resorts..." over and over again as I read! Leaving in six days!

I know the feeling!!!

well we did it. We are now booked at POR from Nov 17 - 23. :)Saved ourselves $550 now and hopefully even more should a new discount come out that I can apply to the POR room. I feel sad but good about it. And all the wonderful things you all have had to say about POR has made me feel better too.
DH also reminded me this will help us to get back in May 2014 too. So that is a good thing.

:banana: Will it stick??!! ;)

Gymnast of the Year!!! for her age group!!!!!

:cheer2: gymnastics isn't easy!!! Way to go!!!!!

I guess I had cl withdrawal..so we are at bwi (again)

And finally!!!!......popcorn::

I always stay in the mansions .... guess it's my inner Scarlet!

Love Gone With the Wind:lovestruc....one of my favorites!

Haha, funny you should say that Linda!! Cause I feel like Scarlett too coming down the central staircase

:rotfl:

Well it's officially our 18th wedding anniversary!! I really need to get to bed, because I am going to get up super early, and go to the bank and Wal Mart before coming home, getting the men up and buying the tickets online (so we can save $8 per ticket). I'm still not sure what we'll be doing for dinner though.

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!

I was in the same sandbox as you. And, no sooner did I post a Jeanette booking revision to the WL thread yesterday, she immediately changes from POR to BWI - again - gotta love her. I think her family will need extra large doses of Dramamine with all these head-spinning changes.

:rotfl: and the million dollar question....will it stick???!!! :laughing: (we love ya Jeanette :teeth:)

Oh, my, I just noticed your POR TR link in your signature:rolleyes1. That vacation (sandbox?) must have caused me to miss the auspicious occasion of the posting of your TR. I can't wait to check it out later

.....it finally got started!

And thanks for the Canada Day Wishes!
Happy Canada Day Marie and SueM!!

:thumbsup2

*sigh* I do miss the Poly...best vacation we've had at Disney I think...but I will NOT change...

Gotta love the Poly!!!! Wish I was there now! Supposed to be raining here today...

Happy Canada day my Canadian lovelies!!!!! :goodvibes

0b722b253d6041ff90e2e94cb52051e2_zpsb0e700ca.jpg

Wookie!!! Happy Anniversary!!!! :cheer2: I hear you on the fear of gymnastics. I seriously hold my breath when my little baby is up there on those uneven bars flipping herself all over the place...or practicing handstands on the balance beam...:worried: But, she loves it and she has great teachers that know what they are doing so I let her do her thing.....I guess it's paying off! :yay:

Thanks for all of the congrats to DD!!! She loved reading them. :goodvibes

Jeanette...why does this change not surprise me???? :lmao:

Well, I just got home from a mommy/daughter night with DD9. We only live 20 minutes from Canobie Lake Park, a local amusement park, so we headed down there and it was fun. Many more thrill rides than Disney, so I'm hurting a little bit now....but we had a good time. It's so funny that I have been going to Canobie since I was a very small girl and I just can't take those rides like I used to anymore....Advil and bed are in order for me now. :rolleyes:

Have a great night all!

Just had to comment:lmao:.....Cannobie is a great looking park, but the rides...oy vay! That coaster scares the heck outta me! Glad you had fun...wow, we really are close neighbors!

Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
My little baby...DD6 had her gymnastics exhibition today....I was so worried because this was her first show, and she usually freaks out about this stuff from shyness...

Well, she gave her best performances and to our surprise, (though of course we think she's great ) she was awarded Gymnast of the Year!!! for her age group!!!!!

We are soooooo proud of that little one!

Congrats to your little gymnast! :cool1:

Just had to comment:lmao:.....Cannobie is a great looking park, but the rides...oy vay! That coaster scares the heck outta me! Glad you had fun...wow, we really are close neighbors!

Yes, really close! I left Canobie's parking lot at 9:55 pm and was walking into my house at 10:17. Not far at all. :goodvibes

But yes, I had to ride all of the coasters multiple times and I swear I have a dislocated hip now! :lmao:

When I was young, I used to rule that place. Last night, I was ruler of the park bench. :rotfl:

I used to make fun of my mom about not being able to handle the rides now, and now my DD is doing it to me...what goes around....:rolleyes1

Is it sad that I am trying to convince DH that we need to hop on a plane and head down to Disney for a couple of days...like today??? And he's listening??? :lmao:

We have 2 more weeks before our AP's expire....:eek:

Letthewookiewin, Happy Anniversary to you!!! Have a wonderful day!:)

Hstrickland, You post all those beautiful pictures just to torment me!:rotfl2:..Chanting: "I will not change..I will not change...I will...not..ummmm...)

Pas130...it scares me that you had CL withdrawal and changed your resort! That means I'm in trouble after this trip with 2 CL resorts....Will I ever go back to value??? Ah well...:rotfl2: I suspect my hubby will be the one who is hopelessly hooked after this trip!;) Congrats on your "more recent" change!!

My mom was up here all weekend and left a while ago. She's 81 and I treasure the time we have just hanging out together. And even though an hour and a half seems far away sometimes, it's just a drive away. She's absolutely hooked on her laptop that my son bought for her and loves Face Book! She even brought her laptop with her this weekend so she wouldn't miss anything in FB land!:)

Yes, really close! I left Canobie's parking lot at 9:55 pm and was walking into my house at 10:17. Not far at all. :goodvibes

But yes, I had to ride all of the coasters multiple times and I swear I have a dislocated hip now! :lmao:

When I was young, I used to rule that place. Last night, I was ruler of the park bench. :rotfl:

I used to make fun of my mom about not being able to handle the rides now, and now my DD is doing it to me...what goes around....:rolleyes1

:rotfl2: So funny...I've never been much of a coaster rider...love the speed, hate the heights! We always took my mom with us on trips...Busch gardens VA, & Disney...and she would be the one to do the coaster with her grandchildren because their parents....(yup, both of us) are wimps! Fearless, that woman!

So, I need reassurance/advice! We have done the ME a few times, and it was wonderful. But I have changed our vaca so many times....:rotfl2:, that all the ME packets that I've gotten in the mail are all wrong dates, resorts....I called and the person on the phone said to just cross off the resort name and the date on the yellow tags and write down the correct ones....Sounds a bit frightening to me! My luggage may never see us again!! I'm thinking of just getting my luggage from bag check instead at this late date...so as to not risk never seeing it again....Thoughts about what she told me to do?? Little nervous....mmmm:confused3

We fly on Friday!! Woo hoo!!!

Fiddle dee dee!

I think I'd love the mansion rooms too! :-) may have to wait until a girls trip of some sort...

So wayyyyyyyy back I went!!! Pages!

Really???? You??? With a new ticker????? :rotfl: No way!

So....first, this was the change...and a good one ::yes::

And will Jenn do it???!!!! ;)

Hmmmmm.......

:thumbsup2 He's awesome!!

Anything interesting??? :teeth: So what will you do with yourself while hubby is away???

Good grief! That's hot!!! I saw that it was even in the 90s in Seattle....crazy!!

:thumbsup2 :cool1: for 2 more days!!!!

I know the feeling!!!

:banana: Will it stick??!! ;)

:cheer2: gymnastics isn't easy!!! Way to go!!!!!

And finally!!!!......popcorn::

Love Gone With the Wind:lovestruc....one of my favorites!

:rotfl:

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!

:rotfl: and the million dollar question....will it stick???!!! :laughing: (we love ya Jeanette :teeth:)

.....it finally got started!

:thumbsup2

Gotta love the Poly!!!! Wish I was there now! Supposed to be raining here today...

:rotfl2: love the recap Heather! Too funny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter