Our little thread of BIG Resort changes*OLD THREAD link on last pg. to new thread!

So, I need reassurance/advice! We have done the ME a few times, and it was wonderful. But I have changed our vaca so many times....:rotfl2:, that all the ME packets that I've gotten in the mail are all wrong dates, resorts....I called and the person on the phone said to just cross off the resort name and the date on the yellow tags and write down the correct ones....Sounds a bit frightening to me! My luggage may never see us again!! I'm thinking of just getting my luggage from bag check instead at this late date...so as to not risk never seeing it again....Thoughts about what she told me to do?? Little nervous....mmmm:confused3

We fly on Friday!! Woo hoo!!!

You could phone DME directly to give them the current info, and ask them what to do. As long as they get the correct flights you should be good. One of the things I love about DME is that I don't have to get my luggage, drag it around airport, and resort. In my carry on I always pack pjs, bathing suit, flip flops, and a change of clothes. I don't trust the airlines not to loose my luggage!!:rolleyes1

Happy Canada day my Canadian lovelies!!!!! :goodvibes

0b722b253d6041ff90e2e94cb52051e2_zpsb0e700ca.jpg

Wookie!!! Happy Anniversary!!!! :cheer2: I hear you on the fear of gymnastics. I seriously hold my breath when my little baby is up there on those uneven bars flipping herself all over the place...or practicing handstands on the balance beam...:worried: But, she loves it and she has great teachers that know what they are doing so I let her do her thing.....I guess it's paying off! :yay:

Thanks!!
Creepy clown and CL!! :-)

Agree about creepy clown pool :eek: :rotfl2: but one day I may try BWI, maybe a January trip, when SAB isn't as big a draw!!

Sue M...I did call them direct and that was the suggestion (the whole crossing off and putting in correct stuff)....I think I'm just paranoid...since I've done the whole lost luggage fiasco before. We went to Israel and the airline lost our luggage!! :eek: Being in Israel with no clothes...oh, SO not fun!! We never saw it again either!! I am going to pack a carry on, have done that ever since the lost luggage!!!

I guess I'll chance it...sigh! We'll hope for the best!:)

And on a side note....I have got to see that clown pool in person!

Is it sad that I am trying to convince DH that we need to hop on a plane and head down to Disney for a couple of days...like today??? And he's listening??? :lmao:

We have 2 more weeks before our AP's expire....:eek:

Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

BTW love that flag pic!:hug:

Enjoy the day, you fabulous neighbours-to-the-north! :dance3: :love: Perhaps I should go get the makings of a Caesar to toast you ladies later on... :thumbsup2

Happy Anniversary to Wookie!
:banana: :woohoo: :woohoo: :banana:

LOL! It is definitely NOT just your child... :-)

Thank you thank you thank you. :hug: I need some reassurance every now and then that I'm not alone. :lmao:

I think I'd love the mansion rooms too! :-) may have to wait until a girls trip of some sort...

This would be a PERFECT location for an RC-Diva trip! Oh my, could you imagine?! We'd all plan to be there but wind up at different resorts anyway from all the changing. :rotfl2:

Anything interesting??? :teeth: So what will you do with yourself while hubby is away???

Good grief! That's hot!!! I saw that it was even in the 90s in Seattle....crazy!!

I'm just trying to stay sane, honestly. That's about all I've got time for. :rotfl:

Hubbo -- who's in Seattle at the moment -- said it's funny how they're all complaining about the heat. Then I reminded him how it was for us when we lived overseas with no AC. He said, "Yeah. I know exactly how they feel." Luckily his hotel has AC but the university buildings don't. :faint:

So, I need reassurance/advice! We have done the ME a few times, and it was wonderful. But I have changed our vaca so many times....:rotfl2:, that all the ME packets that I've gotten in the mail are all wrong dates, resorts....I called and the person on the phone said to just cross off the resort name and the date on the yellow tags and write down the correct ones....Sounds a bit frightening to me! My luggage may never see us again!! I'm thinking of just getting my luggage from bag check instead at this late date...so as to not risk never seeing it again....Thoughts about what she told me to do?? Little nervous....mmmm:confused3

We fly on Friday!! Woo hoo!!!

No worries about not having the right tags. If you're unsure of whether changing the luggage tags they sent you will work: Just take your luggage receipt sticker-thingies you get from the airlines down to the DME desk, they'll retrieve your luggage from those. :thumbsup2

~~==============================~~

Kiddo's all blotchy again. I'm totally perplexed what this could be from. :confused: Thought it was the bugspray but she hasn't had that on her since the first time she broke out. Taking her to the doc's later on. I think it bothers me more than her... other than her scratching it occasionally. Ah, the mysteries of children. Keeps us on our toes.

Missoutandabout.....Perfect! I will do just that.Thank you ladies for your advice...I am so excited...3 more days of work and then....VACA!!!:yay:

Is it sad that I am trying to convince DH that we need to hop on a plane and head down to Disney for a couple of days...like today??? And he's listening??? :lmao:

We have 2 more weeks before our AP's expire....:eek:

How awesome would a spontaneous trip be!! :-)

Happy Anniversary to Wookie!
:banana: :woohoo: :woohoo: :banana:

Thank you thank you thank you. :hug: I need some reassurance every now and then that I'm not alone. :lmao:

This would be a PERFECT location for an RC-Diva trip! Oh my, could you imagine?! We'd all plan to be there but wind up at different resorts anyway from all the changing. :rotfl2:

I'm just trying to stay sane, honestly. That's about all I've got time for. :rotfl:

Hubbo -- who's in Seattle at the moment -- said it's funny how they're all complaining about the heat. Then I reminded him how it was for us when we lived overseas with no AC. He said, "Yeah. I know exactly how they feel." Luckily his hotel has AC but the university buildings don't. :faint:

No worries about not having the right tags. If you're unsure of whether changing the luggage tags they sent you will work: Just take your luggage receipt sticker-thingies you get from the airlines down to the DME desk, they'll retrieve your luggage from those. :thumbsup2

~~==============================~~

Kiddo's all blotchy again. I'm totally perplexed what this could be from. :confused: Thought it was the bugspray but she hasn't had that on her since the first time she broke out. Taking her to the doc's later on. I think it bothers me more than her... other than her scratching it occasionally. Ah, the mysteries of children. Keeps us on our toes.

Lol at the RC Diva trip comment... :-) SO true! But I think an RC Diva WDW trip would be fabulous!!!

I keep mentioning about an RC Diva trip .... pick a date and I'll be there! :rotfl2: Just not Feb 26th thru Mar 2nd .... that's the DL Diva trip!!! :thumbsup2

Hi Peeps!

Tyring to play catch up and already know I'm missing peeps :(

Happy Anniversary to Wookie!!! party:

and a big CONGRATULATIONS to Candace's DD6!! :woohoo:...Miss Gynmast of the Year ... Yeah baby!! :thumbsup2

And Happy Canada Day to our Marie, Sue and Jen!! :yay:

Pas, congrats on your latest RC to BWI!! It's all good, knew POR was probably not your "final" resort.... the roller coaster slide looks AWESOME!!The kids will be sure to love it!! Hope you and Brandon are feeling better :hug:

GG, you know how much I love Piano Bob!! :thumbsup2 Soo, did we discuss POR for next year's ToT?? Ok, sounds good to me!! hoping for cooler temps your way ASAP...:goodvibes

Jen, congrats on ordering the Christmas party tix!! POR seems like a great compromise...so much to do and the resort is so beautiful!! Who knows? You could discover your next favorite resort. :goodvibes

Sheila, hoping you bad allergy/breathing day yesterday is history. :hug: and oh I vote POLY this year, CRUISE the next!!

Willow, hope you had a great weekend visit with Mom. :goodvibes and you are at 4 days and counting!!!! :banana:

I'm spouseless for the next few days whilst the hubbo is out in Seattle. (I wanted to go! :rolleyes: ) Love Seattle. :lovestruc Now, I'm off to find a tasty cocktail to sip.

Seattle! ::yes:: Loved my visit there (years ago)!Hopefully you found many cocktails to sip!!

If it weren't for DS and DD being quite the pirate fans, we'd be staying at POR or POFQ (if we stuck with a moderate anyway). I love the wrought iron of the French Quarter and the smaller slide for the kiddos, but I love the looks of the POR rooms.

But alas, pirates it is! Definitely nice to be able to add 2 extra days since the original booking at CR (for the same price)! And since this trip will need to tide me over for a while, the extra park time (and downtime too) is an awesome thing.

Krystal, you will have an awesome time! And adding 2 extra days is a great tradeoff!

Yeah!! I finished the kids' autograph books (photo books on Shutterfly). Shared pics on the FB page! :-)

:woohoo: I will have to get active on FB!

Somebody either here or on the Team August thread told me a good service to use to get from MCO to Sea World hotel and then from the sea world hotel to Disney...can't remember which one it was now...any ideas?

Could it have been Mears Transporation?

:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Please tell me it's not just my child which does this...

When the co-parent is away, she loves to lull me into a false sense of security. Here I was yesterday thinking, "Wow, she's been the bees' knees today. All nice and stuff. Listening and whatnot." Who is this wunderkind of goodness?

Less than 24 hours later? WHAM-O, suddenly it's "Let's Inflict Mental Anguish on the Unsuspecting" day. :rolleyes: Bedtime was TOTALLY early tonight. :laughing:

:rotfl2:our kids love to get us feeling all good and relaxed and then BAM!! Was it a cocktails night?? :teeth: (our Miss M is still a cutie-patootie) :lovestruc and ALL kids pull this now and then.... :)

:rotfl2: Solution ... I'll volunteer to hold the ressie! My changes are mostly mental ones.. :goodvibes

Miss, hope our Miss M gets some relief soon :hug:

Lol at the RC Diva trip comment... :-) SO true! But I think an RC Diva WDW trip would be fabulous!!!

:thumbsup2

I keep mentioning about an RC Diva trip .... pick a date and I'll be there! :rotfl2: Just not Feb 26th thru Mar 2nd .... that's the DL Diva trip!!! :thumbsup2

No problem GG, we'll check first with our jet-setting West Coaster RCer !! :rotfl2:

I'm in! :thumbsup2

Hiya friends!
I am trying hard to catch up after our recent trip to a wedding in Atlanta. I am backreading, and enjoying hearing about all the changes and, of course, pondered changes. :laughing:
A bit about the wedding. There were three of us that were good friends while our husbands were stationed in Germany. We each had two babies there, and had a lovely friendship. Fast forward...ummm...Yikes:scared1:..30 years, and those little ones are all grown up and getting married. This wedding was for one of those children. Such fun! The weekend went by fast, but we managed to find lots of happy time together.

I have been busy tweaking dining. I hope I finally have it set, but with me, who knows? It looks like Cali grill should be open for our trip, fingers crossed we'll get reservations. I noted the chef changed the name of his twitter page, but there's good info about Cali grill there, still. I figure he should know when it will reopen. Just quoting my read, Sounds like maybe last week in August?

Sure missed you all! I will do a muti-quote tomorrow, sending out hugs and best wishes to all the rc friends today! :goodvibes:grouphug:

Sue M...I did call them direct and that was the suggestion (the whole crossing off and putting in correct stuff)....I think I'm just paranoid...since I've done the whole lost luggage fiasco before. We went to Israel and the airline lost our luggage!! :eek: Being in Israel with no clothes...oh, SO not fun!! We never saw it again either!! I am going to pack a carry on, have done that ever since the lost luggage!!!

I guess I'll chance it...sigh! We'll hope for the best!:)

And on a side note....I have got to see that clown pool in person!

Oh, that's awful that the luggage was never returned!! I guess we all learn to pack a day or 2 worth of necessities from past experience.

Yes, you must visit BWI and check out scary clown :scared1: but I admit I've never liked clowns, lol. Check out lobby too, they have creepy chairs by the fireplace :laughing: clearly, I have issues!! The boardwalk entertainers are fun, and I love walking around the shops, Waylands has some different Jewlery, and it's always fun going thru the Sweets shop :goodvibes

:rotfl2:our kids love to get us feeling all good and relaxed and then BAM!! Was it a cocktails night?? :teeth: (our Miss M is still a cutie-patootie) :lovestruc and ALL kids pull this now and then.... :)

She's got everyone fooled, fooled I say! :thumbsup2 :laughing: She was actually much, muuuuch better than yesterday. Now, can she make it two days in a row? popcorn::

:rotfl2: Solution ... I'll volunteer to hold the ressie! My changes are mostly mental ones..

If ever this grand plan comes to fruition, you are the designated ressie holder! :thumbsup2 Although, if Linda were to co-chair this position with you... we could stay at ALL the resorts! :love:

Miss, hope our Miss M gets some relief soon :hug:

Thank you. :hug: Kinda what I had suspected, it's some sort of contact allergy. She's given me a referral to see the allergist if it doesn't clear up in a week.

... Check out lobby too, they have creepy chairs by the fireplace

Nope, those ARE creepy chairs! Hahahaha. :lmao: When we visited the lobby in January, I told my daughter to go "sit on the freaky chairs" so I could get a picture.

She's got everyone fooled, fooled I say! :thumbsup2 :laughing: She was actually much, muuuuch better than yesterday. Now, can she make it two days in a row? popcorn::

If ever this grand plan comes to fruition, you are the designated ressie holder! :thumbsup2 Although, if Linda were to co-chair this position with you... we could stay at ALL the resorts! :love:

Thank you. :hug: Kinda what I had suspected, it's some sort of contact allergy. She's given me a referral to see the allergist if it doesn't clear up in a week.

Nope, those ARE creepy chairs! Hahahaha. :lmao: When we visited the lobby in January, I told my daughter to go "sit on the freaky chairs" so I could get a picture.

Hmmm...what do these creepy, freaky chairs look like? I've never ventured over to the Boardwalk!

ALL the resorts .... you are giving me way too much credit ... I do know how to do a great split! :rotfl2:

Speaking of splits .... I'm feeling sort of sad because our Sept trip we are only doing a 2 way split .... just doesn't seem right .... I'm sure I need another resort in there somewhere!!! :cool1:

ALL the resorts .... you are giving me way too much credit ... I do know how to do a great split! :rotfl2:

Speaking of splits .... I'm feeling sort of sad because our Sept trip we are only doing a 2 way split .... just doesn't seem right .... I'm sure I need another resort in there somewhere!!! :cool1:

If only DH would allow a split and forget the dining plan nonsense. :-) I'm sure we'd save some money :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter