Our little thread of BIG Resort Changes~2013 Spring RC installment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bringing a 35mm 1.8 and most likely the 17-55 2.8

Shouldn't be that bad, not as bad as when I carried around a 70-200 2.8, that was one heavy piece of glass, but it did take amazing photos.

8132393225_e755cb0e10_z.jpg

The 70-200 is amazing but not feasible while traveling with the kiddies.

So, my oldest DD is in 3rd grade...she has always been light years ahead of everyone in her class in reading, math, etc....well, she had her standardized testing several months back and hers came back with Proficient with Distinction in all categories which is as high as you can get.

Well, we totally expected that as she has always been super smart. Our youngest DD is extremely smart too, but has always battled with shyness (sometimes crippling). Honestly, ever since she started gymnastics last fall, her shyness has melted away ten-fold and she is amazing in social settings now. Not quite as boisterous as our older one, but light years from where she was. Well, she had to go in and register for 1st grade (she is in private Kindergarten right now) and we really worry about how she'll adjust to the public school. Part of the entry into public school is actually taking a standardized test for your grade right off the bat....well, she went into that test...the adminstrator of the test came to get her...she hoppped up and skipped off with her with no shyness or anything...and guess what???? Out of 117 questions, she only got 2 wrong!!!!! Another Proficient with Distinction!!!!

I am sooooooo proud of her. And, the test lady said that she was doing so well, they decided to give her 60 bonus questions, which are above her grade level, which she happily answered and only got 6 wrong!!! The test lady said she was amazing! :goodvibes

I'm so proud of my little bambino. ::yes::

And, while I was at the school waiting for her testing to be done, I spoke with DD8 teacher to confirm she would have Mikayla complete all of her assignments before we leave on Thursday!!! :cool1:

Sorry for the rambling....all is goooooood!!!! :banana:

Yay for such smart girls!!! Sure makes it easier to pull them out of school for a little family Disney time when they are doing so well in school! :thumbsup2

That is amazing Candace, you must just be so proud of them both! :goodvibes You and your DH have been doing something right that is for sure!

I can share a little bit of happiness too! I was preparing our good copy of our taxes as we are close to the deadline, and I noticed I made a mistake the first time! We are actually getting $1350 back!! Whoo Hooo!!:banana::banana::banana: Not a whole lot of money but it sure beats paying!! Life is good!

I guess I really should finish up our taxes .... but I just hate paying more money!!! Oh well time to suck it up buttercup and just pay it!

I actually chatted with my TA today, and even if he needs the tubes, no cancelling just yet :goodvibes Bree was not a happy camper with those storms last night either :crowded:

Nope..saved the best for last. DS12 almost needed them, our ENT is conservative so he waited. DS4 will also need adenoidectomy as well :crazy2: I'm nervous he won't comply with ear plugs:rolleyes2

He has significant hearing loss from the fluid, I know it's simple and he will be fine..but he's been through a lot :sad:

Thanks, I just don't want him NOT to be able to swim:beach:

:goodvibes

He's only had one infection...just this darn hearing loss

Glad you're better sis. Take it easy :hug:

::yes::

pixiedust:

OK>>>>>>

New plan for August...maybe...

4 nights YC then 4 nights HRH CL....what's everyone think :hyper:

I like the split .... but not going to get too excited until your trip is over and then we'll all know where you ended up! :rotfl2:

Also did I miss something .... Nov trip for you???? I'm so confused .... :confused3

DD went to the doctor yesterday, got the split thing off her finger and good news!!!! No surgery!!!! She started her physical therapy this morning. Then off to LAX heading to NYC for a weekend with her BFF. Oh to young again!!! :cool1:

Yay for such smart girls!!! Sure makes it easier to pull them out of school for a little family Disney time when they are doing so well in school! :thumbsup2

I guess I really should finish up our taxes .... but I just hate paying more money!!! Oh well time to suck it up buttercup and just pay it!

I like the split .... but not going to get too excited until your trip is over and then we'll all know where you ended up! :rotfl2:

Also did I miss something .... Nov trip for you???? I'm so confused .... :confused3

DD went to the doctor yesterday, got the split thing off her finger and good news!!!! No surgery!!!! She started her physical therapy this morning. Then off to LAX heading to NYC for a weekend with her BFF. Oh to young again!!! :cool1:

GG Linda I had to chuckle reading your post........Jeanette confused you? :rotfl:

She was originally booked at the Poly for Jersey Week like me but that was many changes ago now :rotfl2:

JB is toying with me all their air fares I been watching went up $2 today now at $280pp for one way coming home :(

candace that is so very exciting!!! Congratulations to you momma. :goodvibes

sheila I still don't have airfare for next month. Fare Cast says to hold off because it will stop by $50 or more. I've been waiting two months!

candace that is so very exciting!!! Congratulations to you momma. :goodvibes

sheila I still don't have airfare for next month. Fare Cast says to hold off because it will stop by $50 or more. I've been waiting two months!

Dani

It is driving me crazy to wait, I have always bought my flights when I book. At least I have my flights heading down so when we do book even if the prices are still high I won't have to shell it all out at once so maybe it won't hurt so much? "Air Fare Logic" :rotfl2:

I told Bob we could buy a car and drive back :lmao:

Dani

It is driving me crazy to wait, I have always bought my flights when I book. At least I have my flights heading down so when we do book even if the prices are still high I won't have to shell it all out at once so maybe it won't hurt so much? "Air Fare Logic" :rotfl2:

I told Bob we could buy a car and drive back :lmao:

Lol. I like the fact that you said you could BUY a car and drive back, not rent one...

Hi everybody! Just a flyby....I read everything, but my laptop keeps crashing if I type too much, so :grouphug: and :pixiedust: for everyone!

Lol. I like the fact that you said you could BUY a car and drive back, not rent one...

He has been talking about buying a new car for about a year or more is why I suggested it (half joking) and don't ya know he went online and was doing a search of dealers in Orando :rotfl2:

Good morning, ladies! :goodvibes Wanted to say hello before I headed off for my torture session. Miss M attended her Young Writer's Breakfast this morning -- she was more excited about the prospect of having donuts for breakfast which she never gets to have than reading an excerpt from her book to the rest of the attendees. :rolleyes2 :laughing:

MM: :rotfl2: Thanks for the Big Font Countdown! :thumbsup2 It's just not the same without it.

He has been talking about buying a new car for about a year or more is why I suggested it (half joking) and don't ya know he went online and was doing a search of dealers in Orando :rotfl2:

:lmao: "Well, since you mentioned it..." :rotfl: :car:

Thanks!!! Loved it!!!! Hope you and Brian has the bestest of times!!!! :groom::cutie:

Hello my RCer Family! :goodvibes Hopefully April brings not only May flowers, but New beginnings for us!
chimo2u, I hope you take that time for yourself. You need it to remain strong for your dear husband and family. Thanks for the update. Condolences on your grandmother's passing. Thinking of you. :flower3:

The DL Diva trip is a light in a tunnel for me too!
I am over the moon excited for you for your DL Diva trip! Big hug to you. :hug:

And lastly, as we have said so many times before... life is short. Make memories now while you can! You never know what tomorrow will bring. My cousin who was posting on Facebook last night and was fine had a stroke today and passed away. I am angry because he has been working in Miami off and on and we always seemed to miss each other. We didn't make the time to see each other and now we won't be able to. So....BOOK THOSE TRIPS!!!!!
Condolences for your loss, babyberger. We all go through the guilt of not making time for so many of our loved ones in our lives. Please try to not beat yourself up. And I agree, book book book while we can!!! ;)

On the change front... Since I am determined to keep the CR deluxe room, I was playing with my ADRs last night. But, we decided the kids wouldn't enjoy the dinner at O'Hana as much.
Yay for CR Deluxe!!! ::yes:: I like your changes. As much as we "adults" enjoy 'Ohana, I can see how it would be b-o-r-i-n-g for kids. It is a long time to just sit, sit, sit.

Magic - I just realized we will be at Disney at the same time! Are you still staying at OKW?
Funny, I read your dates just before I left and was going to post you about our overlap, too. So far staying strong at OKW 1-bdrm for August. Maybe we'll cross paths! :scratchin

Cap'ts Cooks, Kona and 'Ohana's, GF Cafe and The Wave. I can't wait.
So excited for you to do the :worship: trifecta of Poly dining. ... It's car shopping fun time...in Orlando! :)

Some one on the restaurant board posted this workaround. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/ ... I just don't get Disney's IT department. Really sad. Maybe someday they will hire some folks who are familiar with the concept of beta testing.
Beta testing -- what a concept!!!! Too funny! :lmao: And thanks for the link to the site. How frustrating is that new one??!!! :crazy2:

We are now cruising FIRST...November 14 three night Bahamas, and then we can take advantage of the full week of bounceback that is offered Nov 17 - 23!! Oh, and I also helped a friend of mine get a fantastic rate for their August trip to stay at the Yacht Club...through an unnamed travel agency!
Wow, this unnamed travel agent really gets around!!!! Busy busy! :p I love your change of the cruise, and the BB savings involved, too! Great call! :thumbsup2

Magic, safe travels and & shoot straight!! Hope you get a chance to cozy up with Phil.
Bad news!!! DH caught rotovirus that was making the rounds in the mountains. Easter Egg Shooting had to be cancelled for this year. Well, at least I have the Paas coloring for next year. :sad: Happy News: I must say the The Masters rivals WDW :faint: as was possibly the single best place I've ever been in my life. :eek: It was just THAT perfect. No to mention lots of Phil time. ...A funny note: John and I heard NUMEROUS people walking behind us on the course throughout the day that Augusta National Golf Course reminded them of WDW. :rotfl: :rotfl: Every time J heard it said, he turned around and said, "We're going there Saturday!" lol lol. ... Hope Sam's dr appts going well ... hope her "Phanatic big band theory" in Philly was Phantastic!!! ... I am a closet pack-rat!! :upsidedow Hey wait... closet, pack-rat!!! Hmmm. I tend to jam my closets so much that I can see anything in them and, therefore, never go in them.

So I've spent the morning playing on the internet. Here's what I have booked:
POP: Oct 20th - Oct 27th - will be changing these dates depending on airfare - BB from when I was there in Jan
OKW: Oct 25-Oct 27th - yes I know I'm double booked
AKV Jambo: Oct 27th - Nov 3rd - this won't change
OKW: Nov 3rd - Nov 7th - decided to leave before the busy weekend
I like the way you ressie roll! :dance3:

I'm going 10-27 to 11/2. I'm going to spend one late afternoon going booth to booth at F&W. I want one dinner at BOG, California Grill, Flying Fish. Breakfasts will either be Kona, The Wave, or just pastries here or there. Arrival day is always lunch at Liberty Tree, it's sort of a tradition thing for me.
Liberty Tree is such a first-day fave with so many Dis-ers. :lovestruc I like your plan for your late October trip.

I'll prob be home most of June recovering, so I'll have plenty of time to keep everyone posted, and live vicariously thru everyone's vacays! Yes, Disney will be a great motivator! I do plan on taking afternoon breaks, floating around SAB on my pool noodle :goodvibes. It will be August after all!
Noodling around SAB sounds like great physical therapy!

All this chat of California Grill has got me keen to try it. The (old) menu sounded REALLY super good. Hoping the new one is similar. Adding this to my list of new places to try along with GF Cafe (and the Dessert Party)
DH and I really had a wonderful meal last year at CG. We wished we had gone much sooner as the prices were not much different than other better dining at WDW. We experienced a zoo-like atmosphere of noisy Wishes-waiters everywhere which was off-putting, though. For other RCers CG visitors, was this hopefully just a bad night? Maybe the new design will keep Wishes-waiters and diners trying to enjoy their meals faaaar away from each other. ...Always wanted to do the Dessert Party, too. I thought it would be perfect for Mom, but we always need to plan her trips on short notice, so no go.

7 MORE DAYS!!!!!
Yahooo for you! Your gonna be soooo excited with anticipation this weekend. :cool1:

MAGIC - have a great time at the Poly!!!! I trust you will be making a trip to EoS ;) Sorry DH got sick while you were away :(

Shelia - LMAO about buying a car!!! Hey whatever works for you, LOL!!!

Candace - congrats on the smarty pants :) you have every right to be proud and beam from ear to ear!!!! I hope you got those GC's at Target with 5% off!!!

Miss - hope you survived your torture session ;) I'll be back latter to catch up with everyone else!!!

HUGS Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I can't seem to get on to any WDW pages past log-in!!!!! Eeeek. :furious: I just get a white screen. I've tried going "in" several different ways through different DIS site portals. I can't see my ressies, I can't see my ressies. :faint:

I can't seem to get on to any WDW pages past log-in!!!!! Eeeek. :furious: I just get a white screen. I've tried going "in" several different ways through different DIS site portals. I can't see my ressies, I can't see my ressies. :faint:

Deep breath...the Disney site is probably just "undergoing maintenance" or some other nonsense. I am sure they are still ok and all is fine!! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter