Our little thread of BIG Resort Changes~2013 Spring RC installment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ladies!

Just back from a.....date night with DH! He was given some Toronto Maple Leaf tickets at work, so we went to the hockey game downtown tonight. They played the Montreal Canadians, a classic rivalry, it was a good game! My parents came and watched the girls. It was a much needed break for us, and we had fun! :cheer2: I still like my DH. :love:

Just wanted to share, these date nights are few and far between!;)

And we got to talk Disney too! :thumbsup2 Enjoy the weekend everyone.:flower3:

Jen

WOOT!! I'm glad y'all had a good night.

Talk me down from the ledge! My first day I have booked Pop with BB offer. Cause I figured it wouldn't be a full day, with having to drive up from Lauderdale 3 hrs, then have to do a little grocery shopping for snacks and breakfast stuff- bagels, yogurt, OJ, wine :goodvibes etc. Then we'd be there for GF check in next day first thing in the morning. The main reason I booked Pop in the first place!! :upsidedow
But NOW, I'm thinking well, maybe ......just switch pop for another GF day :confused3 Then again, with the money saved with staying Pop that first night would buy a few meals :rolleyes: ugh

Don't do it!! If it were more than one night, I would agree it would be a good move. For just one night, I would stay put.

Hi ladies!

Just back from a.....date night with DH! He was given some Toronto Maple Leaf tickets at work, so we went to the hockey game downtown tonight. They played the Montreal Canadians, a classic rivalry, it was a good game! My parents came and watched the girls. It was a much needed break for us, and we had fun! :cheer2: I still like my DH. :love:

Just wanted to share, these date nights are few and far between!;)

And we got to talk Disney too! :thumbsup2 Enjoy the weekend everyone.:flower3:

Jen

So glad you had a great night!!! I love a good hockey game ::yes:: DH and I are about due for a date night, it's been a while.

I need to catch up, but I'm too busy crying. The DH keeps using words like "dug out" and "quarter" when talking about the game he just went to. I know I'm being a big 'ol baby about it, but it is what it is. The DH's dad did try and get me a ticket and it didn't work.

Well poo I had stopped crying and then he tells me Hatcher was there, and now come the flow again.

I hope the tears finally stopped :hug: Stinks that FIL could not get you a ticket for the game. Just focus on BC :beach:

Wooohooooo for date night!!!! :cool1:

It's always so nice to get one on one time with DH. :goodvibes

Our next date night is on 4/24 at Yachtsman Steakhouse - I cannot wait!!!! :hyper:

Woohoo, Disney Date Night :woohoo:

Talk me down from the ledge! My first day I have booked Pop with BB offer. Cause I figured it wouldn't be a full day, with having to drive up from Lauderdale 3 hrs, then have to do a little grocery shopping for snacks and breakfast stuff- bagels, yogurt, OJ, wine :goodvibes etc. Then we'd be there for GF check in next day first thing in the morning. The main reason I booked Pop in the first place!! :upsidedow
But NOW, I'm thinking well, maybe ......just switch pop for another GF day :confused3 Then again, with the money saved with staying Pop that first night would buy a few meals :rolleyes: ugh

Don't do it!!! Although... DH hates the idea of changing resorts so we just go up early the morning we want to start our trip. I wanted to go up last time and stay at Pop the night before and DH said no, he just wanted to check into CR and be done with it. What time are you planning on leaving FLL? I am sure it is a lot, but how much is the difference between Pop and GF?

We have had a quiet weekend here for the most part. We took the kids to the park and to the nature center today and it was HOT! Summer has arrived in South Florida and that means it is time for me to hibernate :rotfl: I honestly HATE the heat and have no idea how I ended up down here :confused3

DH gave me a bit of hard time last night about BLT, said we could stay off prop in a bigger place for half the price. I know he is right, but I love staying on prop and the conveniences it has. I reminded him that he asked me what I wanted for my 40th bday next year, so I said I want BLT. He looked at me and said, really you want a trip to Disney with the kids for your 40th :laughing: I said, well no, if I could have anything that is not my first choice. But given that we don't have family that can watch our kids while we go away and I don't want to go somewhere without him, that Disney would have to do. Disney is easy for us, we know we can get a GAC and that they can accommodate Steven's gluten free diet. It just makes sense.

In the meantime I am going to focus on our long weekend trip over Memorial Day weekend to parent's new house on the west coast of FL and then our summer beach trip with my parents and his brother and his family :beach:

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

:grouphug:
Melissa

Changed once again...

Switched from FW cabins to Finding Nemo family suite...selling feature...walk in shower! Love it :)

Going in September, so may change again based on code for deals!

Changed once again...

Switched from FW cabins to Finding Nemo family suite...selling feature...walk in shower! Love it :)

I think the suites look so cute!!! If BLT doesn't pan out for me we may look into these suites as well.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Well gang, it seems like I have been away forever. I was sooooo far behind. It was difficult to get back into the regular routine after the hs musical this year. I also volunteered to organize the band storage room that had gotten out of control... When asked to donate, don't go to Costco and buy supersize... It never goes away. That mess was just a prep for my spring break... we had a dumpster delivered Friday, did the garage over the weekend and start the basement tomorrow. Yes, spring break at home while everyone else is in florida or myrtle or France - hs spring sports it's a downer :(

661041d26bc54b351c40511f44192cc3_zpscebb4c28.jpg

3 more days!!! :cool1:

Well, I have to give the IRS props. Finally got around to getting the taxes done on the 4th and the refunds hit the account last Thursday and Friday... Pretty good.

Jen- reading about your dentist visit. Our dentist is a friend..so it is a lot easier to go :)

Don't remember if I gave you all the rundown for the summer visit. We leave on June 21st- that's the last day of school, so Justin better not have any make-up exams! We are going to Gettysburg, Charleston and St. Augustine on the way down. Arrive sometime on the 25th and leave July 5. Decided on a quick service plan, so limited reservations needed. Le Cellier on July 1 and Liberty Tree on July 4. Jerry and I at Narcossee's- we will say its our 25th, which is July 23rd. Will probably also hit the Plaza and Via Napolis.

Have a great day all

Trying the gym again...last time I did this my surgical site was pretty pissed off. It's almost 6 months since surgery (and a lot more pounds) so hoping I remain pain free!!!! I need to follow Pas' lead and start shedding those pounds!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Trying the gym again...last time I did this my surgical site was pretty posses off. It's almost 6 months since surgery (and a lot more pounds) so hoping I remain pain free!!!! I need to follow Pas' lead and start shedding those pounds!!!

I'm with ya!! I need to clean up the basement so I can get back to doing Insanity! (This week is rain every day, otherwise I'd go for a jog after work too).

Good Morning Friends! :goodvibes

I was up all night, waiting to hear...and the little one has arrived. Our son and daughter-in-law had a baby boy, 6lbs 6oz. :yay: Happy, happy day! :dance3:

I was up all night, waiting to hear...and the little one has arrived. Our son and daughter-in-law had a baby boy, 6lbs 6oz. :yay: Happy, happy day! :dance3:
Congratulations, Grandma! SO happy for you and your DS. Is this your first grandchild? Time to start planning his first trip to WDW!

I hope the tears finally stopped :hug: Stinks that FIL could not get you a ticket for the game. Just focus on BC :beach:

Honestly, I'm not as upset about the suit anymore. Mainly because the fil wants to rent on as a business tax write-off. I'm just upset I missed getting to see Derian Hatcher. He's been retired for a few years, so it's not like he's always at the games.

We have had a quiet weekend here for the most part. We took the kids to the park and to the nature center today and it was HOT! Summer has arrived in South Florida and that means it is time for me to hibernate :rotfl: I honestly HATE the heat and have no idea how I ended up down here :confused3

I have enough of a hard time with the heat and humidity around here, I know I couldn't handle what y'all have.

DH gave me a bit of hard time last night about BLT, said we could stay off prop in a bigger place for half the price. I know he is right, but I love staying on prop and the conveniences it has. I reminded him that he asked me what I wanted for my 40th bday next year, so I said I want BLT. He looked at me and said, really you want a trip to Disney with the kids for your 40th :laughing: I said, well no, if I could have anything that is not my first choice. But given that we don't have family that can watch our kids while we go away and I don't want to go somewhere without him, that Disney would have to do. Disney is easy for us, we know we can get a GAC and that they can accommodate Steven's gluten free diet. It just makes sense.

In the meantime I am going to focus on our long weekend trip over Memorial Day weekend to parent's new house on the west coast of FL and then our summer beach trip with my parents and his brother and his family :beach:

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

:grouphug:
Melissa

I hope you get the BLT.

Sounds like you have some great trips in the near future. One of these days, I would love to rent a house on the beach for at least a week. Then we can just chill.

Changed once again...

Not having two bathrooms is one thing I just don't understand about the cabins. In my opinion they really should have them.

Well gang, it seems like I have been away forever. I was sooooo far behind. It was difficult to get back into the regular routine after the hs musical this year. I also volunteered to organize the band storage room that had gotten out of control... When asked to donate, don't go to Costco and buy supersize... It never goes away. That mess was just a prep for my spring break... we had a dumpster delivered Friday, did the garage over the weekend and start the basement tomorrow. Yes, spring break at home while everyone else is in florida or myrtle or France - hs spring sports it's a downer :(

I'm sure the band directors really appreciate all your hard work.

661041d26bc54b351c40511f44192cc3_zpscebb4c28.jpg

3 more days!!! :cool1:

Well, I have to give the IRS props. Finally got around to getting the taxes done on the 4th and the refunds hit the account last Thursday and Friday... Pretty good.

I'm glad they got it done so quickly.

Don't remember if I gave you all the rundown for the summer visit. We leave on June 21st- that's the last day of school, so Justin better not have any make-up exams! We are going to Gettysburg, Charleston and St. Augustine on the way down. Arrive sometime on the 25th and leave July 5. Decided on a quick service plan, so limited reservations needed. Le Cellier on July 1 and Liberty Tree on July 4. Jerry and I at Narcossee's- we will say its our 25th, which is July 23rd. Will probably also hit the Plaza and Via Napolis.

Have a great day all

Sounds like an amazing trip!! It's a good year to visit Gettysburg, since it is the 150th year anniversary. I wanted to go there, instead of San Antonio and we there on our wedding anniversary. The DH nixed the idea because he thought that would put the non-Disney trip too close to the WDW one.

WOOT!! You're eating at Le Cellier on our wedding anniversary.

Trying the gym again...last time I did this my surgical site was pretty pissed off. It's almost 6 months since surgery (and a lot more pounds) so hoping I remain pain free!!!! I need to follow Pas' lead and start shedding those pounds!!!

I did to start getting in shape for our WDW trip and really need to lose weight. It's just so hard to do with the way the inlaws think they HAVE to eat. Then I usually don't eat lunch or breakfast. The fil does all his work at the kitchen table and does a lot of yelling and cussing during the day. He yelling not only makes me not want to eat, but make me feel like I'm going to barf. Which is why I don't eat breakfast or lunch. I usually don't eat anything until dinner, which the inlaws think always has to include a ton of mashed potatoes. I just need to work on portion control, drinking more water, and a lot less Dr Pepper.

Good Morning!!

Congrats on the new angel!!

I hope everyone is having a good start to their day. I am ready for this week to be over. Not because it's been that bad already, but I have something great coming up on Saturday. One of my best friends from high school, the girl that kept me from going down the isle barefoot at my wedding, is going to be in town on Saturday and we are going to meet up. I haven't seen her since my wedding day (her birthday), which is getting close to 18 years.

When I was all bawling on Saturday night, the DH admitted he had the money saved aside to get us to and from WDW. I have been really worried about it because I thought we over spent on the San Antonio trip and went through that money. He even offered to get it out so I could see it. Now he "will neither confirm nor deny the existence of said money". He thinks I'll want to spend it. Now I just need to start, a little at a time, buying things for our WDW trip. I am planning on bringing more clothes than we did last time, so I hopefully don't have to do as much laundry.

Oh, and I got my mom's Mother's Day gift ordered last night. I bought her the DVD of the Crooked Arrows movie. I'll give it to her on Mother's Day with an "IOU" to get Brandon Routh (he was also Superman in Superman Returns) to sign it for her (since the Con won't be until after Mother's Day.)

CONGRATS!!!!! How very exciting!!!!! You must be on cloud nine right now!!!

gwynne said:

Congratulations !!!

Congrats!!!! :yay:

MM-
Thanks!!:goodvibes

Congratulations, Grandma! SO happy for you and your DS. Is this your first grandchild? Time to start planning his first trip to WDW!

Kook
, we have a 6 yo grandson. I think he will like being a big brother. Our son remarried, and this is their first. We'll fly out to see them next month. :banana:

Good Morning!!

Congrats on the new angel!!

I hope everyone is having a good start to their day. I am ready for this week to be over. Not because it's been that bad already, but I have something great coming up on Saturday. One of my best friends from high school, the girl that kept me from going down the isle barefoot at my wedding, is going to be in town on Saturday and we are going to meet up. I haven't seen her since my wedding day (her birthday), which is getting close to 18 years.

Thanks, Wookie! So glad your friend is coming, have fun!!:cool1:

CONGRATS!!!!! How very exciting!!!!! You must be on cloud nine right now!!!

Melissa-I am totally on cloud 9. :cloud9: I'm heading off to bed in a few minutes,though. Time to get some sleep. :laughing:

And now to catch up with the RC friends...

Jenny-Glad you had lots of fun on your Hockey date night!:goodvibes

MM-Time to do the 3 day dance!:dance3:

SueM-Any changes in the works? :idea:

Melissa-I hear you about staying on property. ::yes::

Imhall2000-Sounds like a great change!:thumbsup2

DetTigsGal-Volunteering to organize the band storage room sounds like a big task.:eek: I hope some helper volunteers join you. And thank you for the sweet congrats! :)

Koh-About cleaning basements—not the funnest, but at least when it’s done it is one of the few places that usually stays clean for awhile. :rotfl:

Waving hi to Pas, Missoutandabout, Dani, GG, Janet, Basketlacey, Marie, Luv, and RC buddies I missed. :wave:

Congrats!! :-)

Gwynne - unfortunately not the case here because it was finished for purposes of playing and entertaining. SO the kids go down and play and get all sorts of toys out and it looks like a tornado went through. :-) the good thing is it doesn't take too long to put stuff away and throw the toys back in their respective bins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter