Our little thread of BIG Resort Changes~2013 Spring RC installment

Status
Not open for further replies.
DS has always wanted to stay at Boardwalk because of the pool (don't know why he doesn't want SAB at BC/YC, but he hasn't seen it in person.)

Speaking of Boardwalk....Our DVC contract is supposed to close today....Crossing my fingers. I haven't heard anything since Feb 25, when they told me all was well, and it was set to go.:cheer2:

Great pools, both! :thumbsup2

Sending good luck wishes on your DVC contract!!pixiedust:

Thanks Melissa, she did already say sorry to me, making me feel worse. They need us to set a good example, and that is what I struggle with. I really think I need to talk to somebody, too many issues in my brain I think. Not being able to forgive myself is one of them.

Jen, just wanted to chime in...please know we have all ridden the guilty train with you... just as we all know that it does help us one bit to stay there....it happens to us all...one night recently there was a low point for me, but my Sam pulled me back up... guess we've done something right. :goodvibes

there is some saying...in a car there is a rear view mirror to glance backwards, but one can't dwell there long....you need to look forward to see where you are headed. Life is like that....don't get mired down in past mistakes, regrets whatever...take what worked and didn't and learn from that to help guide and shape the present and tomorrow..Often, people will continue to do the same thing over and over again and expect different results. It doesn't work.

Our children can also learn from our mistakes; we are human too. You are surely a great mom, and your kids and DH love you. :hug:

We can all be therapy to one another...:flower3:

Now back to regular programming... :goodvibes Need to get caught up again!

Great pools, both! :thumbsup2

Sending good luck wishes on your DVC contract!!pixiedust:
Thanks! I am :hyper: right now waiting to hear. (and don't really know if I will...)
Jen, just wanted to chime in...please know we have all ridden the guilty train with you... just as we all know that it does help us one bit to stay there....it happens to us all...one night recently there was a low point for me, but my Sam pulled me back up... guess we've done something right. :goodvibes

there is some saying...in a car there is a rear view mirror to glance backwards, but one can't dwell there long....you need to look forward to see where you are headed. Life is like that....don't get mired down in past mistakes, regrets whatever...take what worked and didn't and learn from that to help guide and shape the present and tomorrow..Often, people will continue to do the same thing over and over again and expect different results. It doesn't work.

Our children can also learn from our mistakes; we are human too. You are surely a great mom, and your kids and DH love you. :hug:

We can all be therapy to one another...:flower3:

Now back to regular programming... :goodvibes Need to get caught up again!

:grouphug: That is beautiful and true. I need to try to remember that. I am also guilty of worrying too much about the what-if's of the future. I really need to learn to take things day by day.

TGIF...

Piglets Mommy, will be waiting to share in your excitement of getting that "second home"...:goodvibes and thanks for your other comments...we can remind each other.:hug:

Wookie, BBT rocks! so cool your JM reminds you of Sheldon, my Sam thinks he is the best.:thumbsup2

Iheart: whatever you end of doing for your special vow renewal will be wonderful... btw.. I've got a sentimental DH too..

Koh, we DVR Idol and am definitely behind on the shows...btw we love nicki minaj ... her sayings and nicknames crack us up....Keith urban is pretty nice to look at...::yes::

I'm now back safe and sound from my Dis DL Diva trip! We really had a wonderful time .... so many lovely ladies.

Linda, so happy to hear of your fun time (love the pix Christine posted) Sorry to hear of your DD's broken finger and hopes it mends quickly with no surgery needed. The Redneck themed meet and greet sounded like a hoot.. right up my alley ....the whole group sounds like so much fun! BTW... Love your new siggie!!

Janet, that's a lovely thought about Sarah. :flower3:

We all know that Sarah loved the Grand...so truly think Sarah had a hand in this one (and Pas was very receptive to it :rolleyes:) ... and I've had these feelings of Sarah's presence on the RC trip and since then... she will always be with us. :hug:

Janet: I don't text yet...DH wants me to get an Iphone, but I keep holding out. Scared I will become an addict!!

Jen, yes texting can be addicting... moderation Jen, moderation...:goodvibes Get an IPhone so you start teaching me this..:rotfl2:

Janet: Yep! She'll love it... I just know she's going to ask about the pool though. :lmao: You know, if I could magically transport SAB over there... I know CR would be a hit. That was the first thing she asked to do back in January, "Can we go swimming?!" I'm thinking if we ever do a resort-only trip AKL would be just fine.

Is Sam still feeling okay? :hug: You guys get any classes in this week? After my horrendous session yesterday (feeling kinda ick and dizzy, etc.) I'm going to cancel my torture session for tomorrow.

:lmao: "mom you arent exactly the type of women Im trying to appeal to" ... children and their brutal honesty. :crazy2:

Pas & Janet: I'm with you two on the texting. Texting is a much-welcome source of communication for this shy gal. :blush: Now, if I could just remember to check it when I hear the notification (Perry's growl, by the way)!

Miss, mabye after this CR will become her first choice...you never know..:) Sam took a few days off but went to Pilates Wed night (we replaced the Yoga with another pilates class) ..last night she had gymnastics. Tonight open gymnastics at 7... she's baaaack!!

Hope you are not coming down with something... yes you should cancel and rest up...my DS can be very funny...i know he also grew the beard to look older..

No wine tonight, going with my standard, vodka tonic with lime. Warranted after the call I got from Stevens's teacher today :(

Melissa, vodka tonic seems sooo good right now! that stinks that his teacher was a no-show today...hoping you can get some answers at the docs so you can start feeling better :hug:

I am not sure if I will do a PTR for GF...maybe...HRH asked which buiding Brandon picked (yes DS12 is making requests) and said as long as it's not the big one it's too loud in the snack room there. I explained there will be no snack room, it's too much money. She asked how much more...I said several thousands :eek: and she said, "Oh, okay but we are saving money so we can buy any snacks we want, right? " Yep Princess, we can :banana: Maddie's request is to be by the pool :goodvibes

Sarah is everpresent in my trip planning, and I will think of her constantly at the Grand. It will be hard not to want to text her pics and thoughts. I do believe she had a hand in my pixie dust :cloud9:

Funny about text vs. calling...Janet can attest..as soon as I pick up the phone...kids gone wild here :duck: Perry's growl..love it. I had it's a small world as a ringtone on my old cell :love:

Pas, seems likes the kids are all getting on board... DH doesn't stand a chance... and then bring up Sarah... done....

Kids do have radar when the attention is not focused on them... love the IASM ring tone... me, I'm going to the dark side... Miss suggested Harry Potter...maybe Bellatrix' laugh?? :rotfl2:

Pas, Janet, Missout-Texting is really handy for me, too. With adult kids, it lets me touch base without worrying Im calling at a bad time. I also text goofy knock knock jokes to my son, he tells them to gs. When I get a call from them a few days later, gs usually tells me the joke back, very fun, and so cute!!! :cool1:

Ginny, that is really cute about your GS!

------------------------------------------

Hi to all I've missed!!

Speaking from experience: RC ladies all your children will grow up fine, they will all love you, you are all wonderful loving moms!

Off to Costco to beat the weekend rush. :rotfl2:

Hello my lovely friends. :goodvibes

Jen: Any mom who tells you she hasn't totally lost it at some point over her kids doing something crazy is either a saint, has a full-time nanny or is a bald-faced liar. You've gotten some excellent advice so I'm just gonna say, I've been in that same boat plenty of times. :hug:

Melissa: Sorry about the phone call... and hope it's not strep. :faint: I seriously :lmao: with the menopause and puberty thing. :rotfl: It's reminiscent of what my hubs said when he came home last Friday when Miss M had the day off, "I come home early when you two are stuck at home together because I'm worried you'll wind up killing each other." Ye of little faith! (We just completely wrecked the house instead.)

Pas: Best. Mail. Ever... :goodvibes I'm so impressed they managed to get it right, too! :lmao:

Piglet: Sweet on the DVC closing! :thumbsup2

Janet: Excellent! How long has she been doing gymnastics? Was thinking about what to enroll Miss M in over the summer break. :scratchin Yeah, I took today off... and I feel bad for calling out! :crazy2: At least Ron's pretty forgiving. :rolleyes: (And now I'm chanting Potter, Potter, POTTER! )

Ginny: Love the knock, knock jokes with your GS... he obviously rates them quite highly to be sharing them back! :joker:

Linda: Adorable new sig! (Had to go look on my phone just to see it. :rotfl: )

:wave2: to Wookie, I_Heart and Koh and anyone else I've missed. :goodvibes :grouphug:

Carline update ;)

Koh1977 - DH and I definitely notice the difference from double to queen (but like pas we have a king at home) even my 7 & 9 year old don't like sharing a double as they both have their own double at home. Now I don't know that I would let it dictate resort, but for us it is a big consideration.

PigletsMommy - we love POFQ for the size as well! It is def our fav mod (nit having stayed in a royal room at Riverside yet). Keeping my fingers crossed for your DVC contract!

Jeanette - LMAO about the same cycle.....that would be HELL but you know it is probably going to happen ;) YAY for Mickey Mail!!!

Janet - your words are ones to live by! HUGS my friend! Yeah I am aggravated with this autism resource teacher, he is from the county and just isn't reliable. Even the asst principal couldn't believe he didn't show. He just comes for meetings to help the staff strategize but he honestly hasn't had any good suggestions this year :( YAY on Sam feeling better and being back!!!!

Linda - have fun at Cosco :)

Miss - LOL! Yeah DH knows when I have been home with DD for too long that there is going to be trouble! That is too funny that yours has to come home to check on the two of you! Hope your feeling better soon! Was it just too much of a work out???

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

A very happy Friday to all! Spring is coming!!:beach:

Wookie-I love hearing about your knitting plans.::yes::

Happy Friday to you as well. The only thing I hate about Spring, is it means Summer will be here sooner than I like.

Thank you. I really love doing it.

Your girls will never hate you Jen :hug: You are an awesome mom, and you love them :flower3: We all lose it, trust me. HRH has her meltdowns..I took the lead from DH..ignored her, when she started hitting, I'd sit on her, and calmly say when you are done..eventually the crying slows down I let her go, and she eventually snaps out of it. She is testing you Jen.

My DS4 now is starting to hit and curse :crazy2: usually because he's tired or hungry. He is tough, but same thing, time out..he starts smacking me. I hold him until he regains control...but I have some less than stellar meltdowns myself :sad1: We try our best, but we are human Jen :hug:

I think you're awesome, and so do you girls...it'll be a fresh start this afternoon :flower3:

:thumbsup2I agree, Jen is awesome and she is testing her.

Home with Steven this morning so I am going to finally try to catch up. My dr's appt got moved to Monday so I still don't have answers but still not doing better, I feel like I am 4 weeks post surgery instead of 4 months :worried: Had to Steven in for a strep test this morning, he woke up complaining of a sore throat which he NEVER does and sure enough there was a nasty white spot. Rapid test was negative so we will see what the 24 hour one shows, the ped said the raw throat seems to be the start of a nasty cold so we should be expecting that :( Oh and just to add to the morning the autism resource teacher I had a meeting scheduled with this morning didn't show up at the school :furious:

Hopefully the 24 hour test will come back negative as well. I can't believe they just didn't show up. I would be furious as well. I know they have a lot on their plate, but so do you. If you can manage to be there, when it was agreed to be there, so should they.

Wookie - hope everyone is feeling better in your house! Did you make it to Panera last night?

Melissa

Thank you. The boys just have a cough left. I take Joey to the doctor later to talk to him about his blood sugar.
I did, but I had to eat some before class and some after because I WAY over ordered. I got a Thai Chopped Chicken Salad (All-natural, antibiotic-free chicken, romaine, Thai cashews, fire-roasted edamame, red peppers, carrots, fresh cilantro & wonton strips all tossed in low-fat Thai Chili Vinaigrette and drizzled with peanut sauce) and a Big Kid Grilled Cheese (Gruyere, Vermont White Cheddar, organic sliced American cheese and Applewood- Smoked Bacon grilled on our new All-Natural White Miche), which are my favorites.

Wookie: Yes, this is what I should've done, let her experience the natural consequences of her actions. Sadly I just let her see that an adult can act just as poorly as a child!! Oh well, we'll just keep swimming, just keep swimming....:bitelip:

Ah, but the thing is, I came up with that laying in my bed, having not been kicked in the stomach. Trust me, I have lost it on JM before, and I felt guilty about it. I mean lost it to the point where I made him cry, and he's still a great big Mama's Boy.

Thanks Melissa, she did already say sorry to me, making me feel worse. They need us to set a good example, and that is what I struggle with. I really think I need to talk to somebody, too many issues in my brain I think. Not being able to forgive myself is one of them.

Her saying she was sorry shows what a great mom you are. It means she was able to think about the situation and on her own realize she was wrong and she needed to apologize. Instead of it making you feel worse, it should make you feel better in that you have done such a great job as a mom she is able to understand something like that at her young age.
Yes, they do need us to set a good example, but you are human. It is human to make mistakes. Obviously you are setting a good example because she has already learned how to tell on her own when she has made one, and needs to apologize for it.
Maybe when she gets like that, you can both try and walk away from each other and count until your calm enough to come back together. Honestly, I still have to do this with JM from time to time.

Awww....That is so sweet! :love:
Thank you

HAPPY FRIDAY, EVERYONE!!!!:cool1:

Happy Friday to you!! As a bonus for us, the DSs are on Spring Break next week. This mama is gonna sleep late every day!! :banana::banana:

Wookie, BBT rocks! so cool your JM reminds you of Sheldon, my Sam thinks he is the best.:thumbsup2

Another reason I'm just partial to that character is the actor, Jim Parsons, is a fellow Texan. Plus, he's so stinkin' adorable!! He makes me want to take care of him.

Kids do have radar when the attention is not focused on them... love the IASM ring tone... me, I'm going to the dark side... Miss suggested Harry Potter...maybe Bellatrix' laugh?? :rotfl2:

I have several ringtones in use right now. My general one is the Downton Abbey theme. The one for my sister is the Cantina song from Star Wars. My mom's is Darth Vader's Imperial March. For all my mil's and fil's numbers I am using the theme from Jaws. David's (my DH) is the theme from Close Encounters of the Third Kind, which is much nicer than his usual. For him I usually have the theme from either Halloween or The Exorcist. Then I like to have special ringtones for my general one for certain holidays. Hopefully, before September, I can get a "Boo to you" ringtone again that I can use in September and October. I had it on another phone and loved it!! Then during Christmas season (starting the Friday after Thanksgiving) I have one I made out of Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24.

Speaking from experience: RC ladies all your children will grow up fine, they will all love you, you are all wonderful loving moms!

:hug: Thank you. Some days I just look at my DH and say, "We should have just had puppies. They are easier." :lmao:

:wave2: to Wookie, I_Heart and Koh and anyone else I've missed. :goodvibes :grouphug:

:wave2: I hope your having a great Friday!!

I know!! I hate making decisions!! and of course when I do then I change my mind ten thousand times. if I could book the Poly as cheap as the moderates, I think I'd actually stick with that decision, but alas, I'm sure that will not be the case any time soon...

I was thinking of adding the water park option, but I don't know that the kids would really enjoy it any more than a resort day with a nice pool, playground, and arcade, etc.

If Poly was as cheap as the mods I'd be :cloud9:!!! I really don't know if we would use the WPs much either. The resort pools are all pretty amazing!

Thank you both. My mom told the band director, he should be responsible for paying for half the wedding, since we wouldn't have met if he hadn't insisted on us going to WDW over Spring Break. She could joke like that with him though. She took care of his children and had washed his dirty undies. When we did get married, they set besides my parents and their children carried my wedding dress train.

That's so sweet :)

Just posting to see my new siggy ...... :

Approve! :thumbsup2

Sarah is ever present in my trip planning, and I will think of her constantly at the Grand. It will be hard not to want to text her pics and thoughts. I do believe she had a hand in my pixie dust

::yes::

Pas, Janet, Missout-Texting is really handy for me, too. With adult kids, it lets me touch base without worrying Im calling at a bad time. I also text goofy knock knock jokes to my son, he tells them to gs. When I get a call from them a few days later, gs usually tells me the joke back, very fun, and so cute!!!

That is so sweet :)

:sad: Hi Ladies,

I need some help. Have any of your little ones gone through a hitting phase? My DD in grade one is going through some sort of phase (I hope) where she gets super mad at me. For instance today was a themed dress up day at their school "tacky tourist day" and we were scouring the house trying to find something for all of them to wear. I guess DD6 teacher said to come dressed like they were on vacation so she wanted to wear shorts only, with nothing on her legs. I kept trying to explain to her that it is still winter, snowed last night, and very cold. She could wear the shorts but with tights underneath.

She gets this posture going, grits her teeth, and breathes like a wild animal at me. I know the routine, and just tried to play off by laughing and making jokes, but then she kept kicking at me, until she actually got me in the stomach. Well, needless to say there went my patience and humor.

My losing it is not pretty for anyone to see, and all of the DD's morning was then taken down the wrong road. I am just so sad and frustrated. I try so hard to keep it together, and then end up losing it and wrecking everything.

I am so afraid that these girls will grow up to hate me. My worst fear ever. I know my DD8 went through a similar phase when she was in grade 1, but I miss my sweetheart DD6 sometimes, and wonder if she will come back.

Sorry all, I had to come here as I don't want to share with anyone else. I am to upset.

Sitting here crying looking at her frickin doll, how pathetic is that

Thanks

Jen

Oh Jen :hug: Seriously, we have all been there. I think there is something about 1st grade that brings out the :eek: You are a terrific mom and those girls are lucky to have you. Don't you forget it!

My DS7 (I keep forgetting he had a birthday last week. Bad mommy moment! :scared1:) is not a hitter, but he does love to knock things over or throw things :duck: :confused3

One day last week we got into it when he was getting ready to get on the bus and he told me that he was going to tell his teacher that I don't love him so that he could get a new mom. :faint: Poor little guy came off the bus that day with tears streaming down his face and ran into my arms apologizing.

I don't know how they have the power to make us so crazy yet still love them with every ounce of our beings. Kids are strange creatures. ::yes::

Home with Steven this morning so I am going to finally try to catch up. My dr's appt got moved to Monday so I still don't have answers but still not doing better, I feel like I am 4 weeks post surgery instead of 4 months :worried: Had to Steven in for a strep test this morning, he woke up complaining of a sore throat which he NEVER does and sure enough there was a nasty white spot. Rapid test was negative so we will see what the 24 hour one shows, the ped said the raw throat seems to be the start of a nasty cold so we should be expecting that Oh and just to add to the morning the autism resource teacher I had a meeting scheduled with this morning didn't show up at the school

i_heart - I'll PM you the blog address, but I'll warn you I haven't updated it recently (too much other things going on). The vow renewal sounds amazing! I am sure this trip is very much needed right now

Ugh. I'm sorry about the teacher and that Steven isn't feeling well. Is it time for vodka yet? :bitelip: Ok, maybe just a bit too soon. :headache:

Don't worry about updating the blog, I just want to make sure I bookmark it properly this time. Thanks :goodvibes

OK, moving on here....you know the POR lover Venomhatch? He has posted on the POR thread that something disgusting happened when they were there recently that caused him to maybe never want to go back. He will not say what only that they had to move rooms because of it. Ugh...bedbugs perhaps??? I wish he would just out with it!! Maybe I will be taking POR off my list for November.

I'm sorry, but I feel like he is just drumming up drama. It wouldn't be the first time. :rolleyes1 I'm sure there was a problem, but problems can and do happen everywhere.

Sounds like my kids...It's all about the food and the pool

Mine too! Congrats on the DVC, btw! :thumbsup2

My DH is freaking out that we ALL will be on the same cycle, and he said he will take the boys and go away

I gotmy Mickey mail yesterday...with the CORRECT INFO

:rotfl: and :cool1:

Copying and saving this. Janet you are such a good thread therapist! :hug:

Jen: Any mom who tells you she hasn't totally lost it at some point over her kids doing something crazy is either a saint, has a full-time nanny or is a bald-faced liar. You've gotten some excellent advice so I'm just gonna say, I've been in that same boat plenty of times.

Ditto this!

Happy Friday everyone! DS8 has a birthday party to go to at Chuck E Cheese tonight. I hate that place with a passion. I know he is going to end up sick tomorrow. :sick: He is super shy and has problems with making friends and so he is desperate to go or I would have said H to the No.:headache:

Hi Rcers. :cool2: FTW Cabins is our early-line plan for our anniversary 2014 trip. :idea: This annual trip has become our "try new things" time. We are starting to run out of new Resorts to try, and the Cabins look like a fun & different experience. Out of curiosity I was looking forward to KOOK's review of FTW Cabins for helpful hints before we actually took the plunge. So... if KOOK is listening in, I hope she resumes her same line of ressie-ing after the furlough :headache:... but I predict different plans shall materialize for the KOOKsters next WDW adventure. ::yes::

_________________________:flower3:

disneydreamin247: A quick three night trip sounds like just the ticket. Happy belated birthday to Lily, too. ::MinnieMo

LuvLuvLuv: one too many slushies, eh? :rotfl2: Saw the topiaries last weekend. Loved the Monsters, Inc. ones.

pas130: I had no doubt on the GF for you. Hooray for you. :thumbsup2 And yep, 1K will buy lotsa snacks. :goodvibes

sjs314: Funny stuff. I agree, "Deena had one too many slushies if she thinks Spring is here," and I am a Floridian. I had gloves on last night in my house!

gwynne: So happy for your WL/YC plan. :banana: Two of may faves. :lovestruc

Grumpy Grandma: So glad you enjoyed your Divas trip. I'd never know you were shy from our visit. Wasn't that you dancing on the table at the River Roost Lounge with Piano Bob? ;) P.S. -- Cute new siggy.

Janet B: Beautiful sentiment... Sarah had a hand in this one :littleangel: ...

DetTigsGal: I did the Dooney & Bourke subdued brown embossed leather splurge last summer and I still can't rationalize it. :laughing: In my defense I had help: my DN did drag me to DtD to the TrenD store and showed it to me, and then she egged me on until I was standing in the check-out line with my wallet in hand. :p Next thing I know, three days later DN and her DH magically transported me to the YC gift shop to buy the matching wristlet. You see... she had scoped all this out ahead of time before I even arrived at WDW and then blindsided me with the proclamation, "THE BROWN LEATHER ONE IS SO YOU! DON"T YOU THINK??" How could I possibly disagree with her... :joker:

letthewookiewin: What a great MK meet story with your DH. ::yes:: Big Kid Grilled Cheese rocks. :cool1:

babyberger: Vodka tonic & lime is my SIL fave and one of mine, too. :bitelip:

Piglets Mommy: So exciting your DVC contract is supposed to close today....:cheer2:

Hi Miss and Chimo2u and mousemommy and KOOK and the rest of RCers. Christine are you nearby? :wave:

Linda (MAGIC), KOOK is in a semi-lurking state and heard the call of the wild wilderness:listen:... She has fallen woefully behind here:flower3:

I understand just what you mean about looking for something a little new and different (and of course, edgier, like Kramer's Mike Douglas set re-vamp;)) when there isn't much left where WDW resorts is concerned. (Other than the Values, we've only not tried GF and BC, but they're really not on our list and FWC).

Have you thought about a Treehouse for the two of you?:rotfl2: I think they sleep like 12 or something big enough for the Jeanette crew. I'm totally digressing here, but I've always wished the Treehouses were over on Discovery Island...

Are you doing a split or all FWC? Who will get the Murphy? Who will get the bunk? I once read a review in someone's blog that he stayed in a FWC alone and tried out each bed during his stay - my dream stay:worship:

I actually did think a bit about where we would stay if we go again this summer and I really did picture a FWC thrown in the mix with a BLT chaser. I think you'd love the setting and you could take a carriage ride and rent a golf cart to come back to your cabin inebriated from your HDDR anniversary dinner. JK.

Congratulations to Jeanette on her most GRAND switcheroo to GF:yay:

:wave: to everyone and I hope you and yours are feeling better soon. Happy weekend changing and planning!

Off to Costco to beat the weekend rush. :rotfl2:
I hope so!!!
Have fun at Costco!
Hello my lovely friends. :goodvibes

Jen: Any mom who tells you she hasn't totally lost it at some point over her kids doing something crazy is either a saint, has a full-time nanny or is a bald-faced liar. You've gotten some excellent advice so I'm just gonna say, I've been in that same boat plenty of times. :hug:

Piglet: Sweet on the DVC closing! :thumbsup2
:lmao::lmao: So very true!

Thanks! I keep checking my email, as if they are going to send an email the instant it closes to tell me:rotfl2:

I did, but I had to eat some before class and some after because I WAY over ordered. I got a Thai Chopped Chicken Salad (All-natural, antibiotic-free chicken, romaine, Thai cashews, fire-roasted edamame, red peppers, carrots, fresh cilantro & wonton strips all tossed in low-fat Thai Chili Vinaigrette and drizzled with peanut sauce) and a Big Kid Grilled Cheese (Gruyere, Vermont White Cheddar, organic sliced American cheese and Applewood- Smoked Bacon grilled on our new All-Natural White Miche), which are my favorites.

That sounds good! I am hungry now.:rotfl: The closest Panera that I know of is about 1/2 hr from me, but it might be worth the drive.:drive:

If Poly was as cheap as the mods I'd be :cloud9:!!! I really don't know if we would use the WPs much either. The resort pools are all pretty amazing!

Mine too! Congrats on the DVC, btw! :thumbsup:

Happy Friday everyone! DS8 has a birthday party to go to at Chuck E Cheese tonight. I hate that place with a passion. I know he is going to end up sick tomorrow. :sick: He is super shy and has problems with making friends and so he is desperate to go or I would have said H to the No.:headache:
If the Poly was the same price as a MOD, I would not be a resort changer.:cool1:

Thanks....can't wait!

I hate Chuck E Cheese too. It is a grem fest and I leave with a migraine every time. I'm so glad my kids are of the ages that there aren't a ton of parties there anymore.

Hi Rcers. :cool2: FTW Cabins is our early-line plan for our anniversary 2014 trip. :idea: This annual trip has become our "try new things" time. We are starting to run out of new Resorts to try, and the Cabins look like a fun & different experience. Out of curiosity I was looking forward to KOOK's review of FTW Cabins for helpful hints before we actually took the plunge. So... if KOOK is listening in, I hope she resumes her same line of ressie-ing after the furlough :headache:... but I predict different plans shall materialize for the KOOKsters next WDW adventure. ::yes::

Have you thought about a Treehouse for the two of you?:rotfl2: I think they sleep like 12 or something big enough for the Jeanette crew. I'm totally digressing here, but I've always wished the Treehouses were over on Discovery Island...

Are you doing a split or all FWC? Who will get the Murphy? Who will get the bunk? I once read a review in someone's blog that he stayed in a FWC alone and tried out each bed during his stay - my dream stay:worship:

I actually did think a bit about where we would stay if we go again this summer and I really did picture a FWC thrown in the mix with a BLT chaser. I think you'd love the setting and you could take a carriage ride and rent a golf cart to come back to your cabin inebriated from your HDDR anniversary dinner. JK.

:wave: to everyone and I hope you and yours are feeling better soon. Happy weekend changing and planning!

Love the tree house for 2 and drunken golf cart adventure ideas! Just wouldn't want anyone to end up in Disney Jail for GCWI though!:lmao:

Have a great weekend everyone! I am headed to MD for my cousin's bridal shower. :bride:

At one point, we were booked at the FTW Cabins. I just wish they had two bathrooms.

letthewookiewin: What a great MK meet story with your DH. ::yes:: Big Kid Grilled Cheese rocks. :cool1:

Thank you!! Yes it does!! I thought about trying to make it at home, but it probably won't be as good.

That sounds good! I am hungry now.:rotfl: The closest Panera that I know of is about 1/2 hr from me, but it might be worth the drive.:drive:

That's about as far away as the closest one to me. Luckily one of them is on the way to school. I just had to leave a little early to make sure I had time. I probably could have left at the same time I left Tuesday, but I hate getting to school late and I wasn't sure how long it would take them to make the to-go order. I usually like to be in class an hour early at least.

Have a great weekend everyone! I am headed to MD for my cousin's bridal shower. :bride:

You as well!! Have a fun, safe trip, and don't forget about the time going back an hour this weekend.

Janet - I like NM on Idol way more than I thought I would. And Keith is definitely a cutie and sweetheart with a great accent. ;-)

Jenny - I PMd Venom and he said roaches... :-/ I realize it's FL and these things happen anywhere, but still...

Re: my quest for the "perfect" moderate...DH made the comment that the kids won't care where we stay, or what the pool is like because they'll just be happy it's water and they can play and swim. :-) DS6 won't go down the slides anyway because he's a big chicken. ;-) and after DD2's broken leg from the inflatable slide, DH said she's not going down another slide of any type until she's 45. Hahaha! Maybe POFQ would be nice due to size, and the beignets sound amazing. But the large Mardis gras figures and masks etc. are kinda creepy IMO... :-)

Thanks Koh....he just PMed me too...:rolleyes1 (yes I am nosy!!) and said the roaches were in drawers, tub, eggs larvae the whole bit. Ummm.....ewwwwww!!!:sick:

I cannot thank you all enough for you kind words and advice today. I just felt very low, but need to try and remember to believe in myself more.:)
I know Sarah would echo what you all said too.

That's about as far away as the closest one to me. Luckily one of them is on the way to school. I just had to leave a little early to make sure I had time. I probably could have left at the same time I left Tuesday, but I hate getting to school late and I wasn't sure how long it would take them to make the to-go order. I usually like to be in class an hour early at least.
We are getting one closer in a few months, so will try it then (JanetIt is coming in the center where Wegman's and Movie tavern are)

You as well!! Have a fun, safe trip, and don't forget about the time going back an hour this weekend.

Thanks! I wish they would do away with the stupid time change. Messes me up for a week.
Jenny - I PMd Venom and he said roaches... :-/ I realize it's FL and these things happen anywhere, but still...

Re: my quest for the "perfect" moderate...DH made the comment that the kids won't care where we stay, or what the pool is like because they'll just be happy it's water and they can play and swim. :-) DS6 won't go down the slides anyway because he's a big chicken. ;-) and after DD2's broken leg from the inflatable slide, DH said she's not going down another slide of any type until she's 45. Hahaha! Maybe POFQ would be nice due to size, and the beignets sound amazing. But the large Mardis gras figures and masks etc. are kinda creepy IMO... :-)
I was gonna say that Roaches could be anywhere...then I read Jenny's post below :scared:

I thought I wouldn't like the masks, but they didn't bother me. Then again, we were there at Thanksgiving, so Christmas decorations were up too. And the beingets were so good that DS said that is the one must-do he has for this trip...head back over to POFQ for Beingets:lmao:
Thanks Koh....he just PMed me too...:rolleyes1 (yes I am nosy!!) and said the roaches were in drawers, tub, eggs larvae the whole bit. Ummm.....ewwwwww!!!:sick:

I cannot thank you all enough for you kind words and advice today. I just felt very low, but need to try and remember to believe in myself more.:)
I know Sarah would echo what you all said too.

Ewww...:sick: My first thought was that even 5 star hotels can have roaches in FL, but that sounds like they went untreated for a while. Bleh. Well, at least I'll eat a little less for dinner tonight.

Hang in there! Have a great weekend!:grouphug:

I_Heart: Good luck at Chucky Cheese's! It gives me the shivers just thinking about it. :scared1: (I've told Miss M when she's brought it up, "We go to Disney so mommy doesn't have to go inside a Chucky Cheese's." I'm horrible, I know. :lmao: ) Oh, and I forgot to mention... I joined you last night with a half-bottle of red. :thumbsup2

GG: I'm with you about the shopping before the weekend madness. Eek!

Melissa: Any word from the docs? And what's the update with you... have you been to the docs? I hope you're taking it as easy as you can. :hug: Save me some tonic, I'll bring my gin over. :thumbsup2 Don't know what was up with me... I think it's just being exhausted with the tail-end of a cold. Had a weaksauce workout session too, which made me :eek: Even my trainer was :faint: which made me :( . I'm doing smiley speak apparently. Feeling much, MUCH better today. :goodvibes

Kookster: :hug:

Jen: "I know Sarah would echo what you all said too." Yeah, she definitely would have... :hug:

Wookie: I love your selection of ringtones! :lmao: I use Cantina Band for my "OMG, pick up your KID NOW!" alarm. The Imperial March is the ILs. :thumbsup2 My main one is the classic Dr. Who theme. My hubs' is Rule Britannia -- the kiddo even hums it at him like it's his own theme song. :laughing: Hubs claims that mine which used to be the Wallace & Gromit theme, is now Riders of Rohan -- though I'm not sure if it's because I'm orc-like or I remind him of Eowyn. Depends on what day it is, I wager. :laughing:

Jen & Koh: Ah, that confirmed my suspicions. Our POR RR was perfectly clean and lovely ... just FYI! Creepy crawlies make me :sick: though. (We once had rented a home during a nerd-conference in Santa Barbara. Went out on our first night to get groceries and returned to the floors, surfaces and ceiling -- yep, the flippin' CEILING -- alive with them. Nope, NOPE, NOOOOPE! Knocked on the owner's door at 11pm and said, "Uh, you've got some problems in the house." She came out and looked -- and proceeded to take one crawling on the ceiling ... with a dish sponge. Seriously. Needless to say, we found a hotel to stay in for the next 4 weeks. :rotfl: ) Not sure if there's any truth to it, but I imagine that with moderates' doors opening to the outside -- and it being warm & humid FL -- it's easier for the lil' suckers to make it into the cozy rooms.

Just wrote a whole post catching up and accidentally closed it before posting it :sad: :headache: :furious: :faint:

So I will just comment on a few topics for now and try to go back latter and comment.

Roaches are gross but unfortunately all over down here. We had a problem on our screened in patio and our garage recently. We had to have our pest control service come out a few times before they were finally gone. But we did take care of it! It sounds like POR either wasn't aware or ignored the situation. Definitely gross!!! I have to say the bugs here is just one more reason I HATE living in FL!

Vodka Tonic is obviously my drink of choice but the story of how it got to be is funny. I always drank vodka drinks, but fruity flavored ones; apple martini, raspberry vodka and seltzer, etc. I was going to Boston for my first trip away from my family for a girls weekend with my high school friends, and I was a nervous wreck! Knowing I did not have to drive when I got off the plane I decided a drink (or two) were in order. So I think about what I can have and remember that one of my ex's mother drank tonic water all the time when we were on their sailboat and I actually enjoyed it too. So I figured I would give a vodka tonic a try, I like vodka, I like tonic, it made sense. So I order my drink and thoroughly enjoy it, nerves start to calm, I am finally excited to be going home to see my friends that I haven't see in years. The flight attendant asks me if I would like another and of course I say yes ::yes:: I went to hand her my credit card and she just waved me off.

An important part of this story is that I had a window seat and the couple sitting next to me were enormous, sweaty and smelly. Now I am not usually the type to judge or say anything, but it was BAD :crazy2: I was smushed against the window and the smell was just awful!

So after two drinks I have to go to the bathroom and am dreading asking this people to move so I can get out of the row, but there is no way I am going to hold it. I finally make it down to the bathroom and the fight attendant pulls me aside and says she feel so badly for me sitting next to them that she will just keep giving me free drinks :rotfl2:

From there I just had to decide which vodka I liked the best and became a Ketel One girl :snooty: Of course I will not turn down a nice glass (or bottle) of a bold shiraz or zinfandel either :p

So there is my alchy talk for the night :lmao:

Hope everyone is having a great night :grouphug:

Melissa

babyberger said:
Just wrote a whole post catching up and accidentally closed it before posting it :sad: :headache: :furious: :faint:

So I will just comment on a few topics for now and try to go back latter and comment.

Roaches are gross but unfortunately all over down here. We had a problem on our screened in patio and our garage recently. We had to have our pest control service come out a few times before they were finally gone. But we did take care of it! It sounds like POR either wasn't aware or ignored the situation. Definitely gross!!! I have to say the bugs here is just one more reason I HATE living in FL!

Vodka Tonic is obviously my drink of choice but the story of how it got to be is funny. I always drank vodka drinks, but fruity flavored ones; apple martini, raspberry vodka and seltzer, etc. I was going to Boston for my first trip away from my family for a girls weekend with my high school friends, and I was a nervous wreck! Knowing I did not have to drive when I got off the plane I decided a drink (or two) were in order. So I think about what I can have and remember that one of my ex's mother drank tonic water all the time when we were on their sailboat and I actually enjoyed it too. So I figured I would give a vodka tonic a try, I like vodka, I like tonic, it made sense. So I order my drink and thoroughly enjoy it, nerves start to calm, I am finally excited to be going home to see my friends that I haven't see in years. The flight attendant asks me if I would like another and of course I say yes ::yes:: I went to hand her my credit card and she just waved me off.

An important part of this story is that I had a window seat and the couple sitting next to me were enormous, sweaty and smelly. Now I am not usually the type to judge or say anything, but it was BAD :crazy2: I was smushed against the window and the smell was just awful!

So after two drinks I have to go to the bathroom and am dreading asking this people to move so I can get out of the row, but there is no way I am going to hold it. I finally make it down to the bathroom and the fight attendant pulls me aside and says she feel so badly for me sitting next to them that she will just keep giving me free drinks :rotfl2:

From there I just had to decide which vodka I liked the best and became a Ketel One girl :snooty: Of course I will not turn down a nice glass (or bottle) of a bold shiraz or zinfandel either :p

Melissa

That is hilarious :)

Cynthia

Melissa

Too much!:lmao:
And yucko about the roaches and other assorted creepy crawlers down there!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter