• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Honeymoon Redo! PTR: 11/15/15 - 11/20/15 - Trip Report Link!

Woohoo!! Just made another payment on the November Trip! Only 4 more to go and it will be paid off!!!
After that I will just need to put aside money to cover the rental car, gas and spending money!

Tomorrow I will be able to say, "I can make my FP selections next month!!"
(I know I'm a geek)​

Updated Spreadsheet!

Ok, Gang I have updated my spreadsheet to show all my new ADRs and my potential fastpass selections!

KOAZZs3.png

So I am a little behind, but I'm catching up. I am still trying to figure out what to eat on our arrival day too and have changed my mind many times. Love WPE but haven't eaten at Bongos - just remember they are on opposite sides of DTD. Very excited for your all your great ADRs you've been able to snag: Ohana, Tusker House and Garden Grill. I am with the others - surprise Keith and I bet he will have the best time. I probably interact more with the non-face characters than my DD does! Your plans look great! :-)

So I am a little behind, but I'm catching up. I am still trying to figure out what to eat on our arrival day too and have changed my mind many times. Love WPE but haven't eaten at Bongos - just remember they are on opposite sides of DTD. Very excited for your all your great ADRs you've been able to snag: Ohana, Tusker House and Garden Grill. I am with the others - surprise Keith and I bet he will have the best time. I probably interact more with the non-face characters than my DD does! Your plans look great! :-)

Great point about the locations of Bongos and WPE....I need to take a closer look at a DTD map. I haven't been there in years.

I'm very happy with our ADRs! I told Keith about the Characters, and he was great about it :) I think it also helps that he could tell I was super excited about the ADRs I was able to grab! :)

Finally all caught up!

I'm getting excited over everyone's PTR because I'm going to be starting one soon for our Feb trip!
Great plans! Very excited you were able to get great ADRs! Ohana and Tusker house are favorites. I think the food at Tusker beats Rainforest any day. It's so interesting and the ambiance is really cool.
Tell DH it has a Indiana Jones theme, LOL.

Garden Grill for dinner was soooo good on this past trip (I'll be writing about it in an upcoming post on my TR). I can't wait to hear what breakfast is like! I think I may have to do both next year!
I enjoyed San Angel in the past. I think it'll have to be on our ADR list next year. My list keeps getting bigger and bigger! I will have more meals than rides! LOL.

Sheesh, you were right with all the changes ;)

Just kidding, obviously when you plan such a big vacation with so many components, starting so far in advance, changes are bound to happen!

So exciting for that 'Ohana dinner! We ate there in May 2014 and we absolutely loved it. They're changed the menu a tiny bit since is my understanding, but most everything was delicious, even with our group of mismatched eaters. The bread pudding is amazing.

Also, just a quick note to say - don't worry about morning EMHs. Although it is true EMHs can affect crowd levels, it is less so for the morning variety. Not everyone is willing to be up at the crack of dawn to catch a bus and make it to park opening by 8 am. We *always* try to plan our Animal Kingdom day with EMHs, because we can get so much done in that extra hour! Honestly, any time we've done it, the park is virtually empty. And if you're hitting the Safari during that time anyway, you're making away with one of the rides that would get the most affected by an influx of extra people.

And I hope you enjoy your first Fantasmic! It makes me emotional to no end every single time.

Man you have it down pat.. I am terrible and couldn't even tell you what day we are doing what right now..

I love the fact you wrote if we get soaked go back to change!!!! Gotta love Epcot!!!

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Love your plans!! Looking at your arrival day plans to do DHS with EMH actually made me think about doing that instead of doing DHS in the morning....I'm tempted to maybe do that but then the stupid tier system is what's holding me back because I want to be able to use RD for some attractions that may be busy at night...ugh...it's hard to decide what to do. You have some great ideas and I'm so jealous of your O'hana ADR :)

Finally all caught up!

I'm getting excited over everyone's PTR because I'm going to be starting one soon for our Feb trip!
Great plans! Very excited you were able to get great ADRs! Ohana and Tusker house are favorites. I think the food at Tusker beats Rainforest any day. It's so interesting and the ambiance is really cool.
Tell DH it has a Indiana Jones theme, LOL.

Garden Grill for dinner was soooo good on this past trip (I'll be writing about it in an upcoming post on my TR). I can't wait to hear what breakfast is like! I think I may have to do both next year!
I enjoyed San Angel in the past. I think it'll have to be on our ADR list next year. My list keeps getting bigger and bigger! I will have more meals than rides! LOL.

Yay for another trip in February! One of the goals on this trip was to take advantage of our FD and try some new places, which can be a bit easier when the kids on not with us (though my DH is a pretty picky eater). So, we are trying out all new place except for Sci-Fi which is a Must Do on each trip. :) I promised DH we would eat at Rainforest Cafe when we go back in the Spring with the family.

Indiana Jones theme....perfection!! :)

Super excited about Garden Grill...I never planned on having 2 breakfast ADRs but I'm looking forward to both GG and TH. I ate at GG years and years ago when I was there on a school trip, and have wanted to go back ever since.

San Angel has always been on my list...I love the atmosphere there. I am a bit worried about what DH will order because he is so picky but he wanted this ADR and I'm sure he will find something. :)

BTW: I'm following along with your TR...I have fallen behind :( but I'm slowly catching up...just got to the part where you met @Tracy161! :)

Sheesh, you were right with all the changes ;)

Just kidding, obviously when you plan such a big vacation with so many components, starting so far in advance, changes are bound to happen!

So exciting for that 'Ohana dinner! We ate there in May 2014 and we absolutely loved it. They're changed the menu a tiny bit since is my understanding, but most everything was delicious, even with our group of mismatched eaters. The bread pudding is amazing.

Also, just a quick note to say - don't worry about morning EMHs. Although it is true EMHs can affect crowd levels, it is less so for the morning variety. Not everyone is willing to be up at the crack of dawn to catch a bus and make it to park opening by 8 am. We *always* try to plan our Animal Kingdom day with EMHs, because we can get so much done in that extra hour! Honestly, any time we've done it, the park is virtually empty. And if you're hitting the Safari during that time anyway, you're making away with one of the rides that would get the most affected by an influx of extra people.

And I hope you enjoy your first Fantasmic! It makes me emotional to no end every single time.

Hello!! I know my plans have been all over the place...from where we were going to stay, park changes and then ADRs!! This PTR has helped me keep it all straight (well as much as I can)! :)

I've been wanting to try 'Ohana Dinner for so long, but the last trips have been with the kids and I was just never sure how they would like it. So, I thought this was the prefect time with FD and just the 2 of us. I'm still so excited I was able to grab 5:05 time frame as well. This leaves us with some options regarding fireworks for that night...we can watch from the Poly Beach (which something I have always wanted to do) or I was thinking about getting a Wishes FP and we can go back to MK after dinner. I think I'm leaning toward watching from the beach, but I have heard that sometimes they turn people away from the beach if they are not staying at the Poly.

Thanks for the input on the morning EMH hours....I probably wouldn't even attempt to make the morning EMH hours with the kids but I think this is something DH and I could handle. :)

Man you have it down pat.. I am terrible and couldn't even tell you what day we are doing what right now..

I love the fact you wrote if we get soaked go back to change!!!! Gotta love Epcot!!!

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

I have faith that you will get it all planned out! :)

I'm not excited about the whole Kali River Rapids at all..I hate being in wet clothes!! However, Keith has mentioned a couple of times he would like to go on it. So, I figured it would be best to schedule right before we left. I also found out recently they have free lockers right near the ride, so I think we will change our shoes and wear ones we don't care about getting wet on the ride and then change back into our "good" shoes. Nothing worse then wearing wet shoes!!

Epcot is definitely my 2nd favorite park...Keith not so much but oh well! :)

Love your plans!! Looking at your arrival day plans to do DHS with EMH actually made me think about doing that instead of doing DHS in the morning....I'm tempted to maybe do that but then the stupid tier system is what's holding me back because I want to be able to use RD for some attractions that may be busy at night...ugh...it's hard to decide what to do. You have some great ideas and I'm so jealous of your O'hana ADR :)

Initially we were not even planning on doing a park on our arrival day at all, but then when the hours were released and I saw DHS had evening EMH hours I figured we might as well add another day to our tickets. My justification was we are planning on getting APs for me and DH on this trip since we are going back in the Spring (crunched the numbers and it would be cheaper for us to get APs instead of buying tickets for this trip and then again for us in Spring). So, even if we didn't end up using that park ticket it would still go toward our AP purchase when we upgraded. :)

The FP Tier system drives me nuts, I guess I understand why they do it but it still makes planning a bit more difficult. Since DHS is the only park we are planning on going to that day the FP won't be too much of an issue. The main FP I want to get for the evening is for F!, I still can't believe I have never seen this show! That is why it is on my Must Do for this trip!

Isn't that a GREAT feeling?! :cutie:

You're in good company here. :hug:

Love this! Yaaaay! :goodvibes

Only 4 more to go and I will have paid it off by the due date!! I know they give you a grace period but it is my goal to have it paid off by 10/1/15, and then I can focus on saving up for the car rental, gas and spending money (which includes food $ for the trip there and back).

My spreadsheet would not have been possible without your help :hug:

:rainbow:Some Advice, please! :rainbow:

I was thinking about our trip (as I often do when I don't want to deal with work), and I was thinking specifically about our 1st full day there (11/16 - Magic Kingdom Day). I was thinking about our ADR at 5:05 at 'Ohana.

What time do all think would be best for us to leave MK to head over to the Poly. I have not been there since I was a little girl so I'm not even sure where 'Ohana is located (mental note: review map of the Poly). My plan was to head out of MK around 4pm, do you think that is enough time? Still haven't decided if we want to take the monorail or a boat...I think that won't be decided until we are heading in that direction. :) (I know...something not planned out...you all can remove the looks of shock off your face)! :)

Secondly, I would love to see Wishes that night but can't seem to decide where I want to watch them from. I guess it all comes down to how long we take to eat at 'Ohana. Right now Wishes is scheduled to start at 8pm that night. Would an hour and a half be a good estimation of how long dinner will be? So, thinking we would be done by 6:30 or do you think I should plan for dinner to take a bit longer then that? Either way that leave 2 choices for viewing Wishes:

1. Head to the Poly Beach to watch Wishes, or

2. Get a FP for Wishes and head back to the MK and watch from there

I'm personally leaning toward the Poly Beach location. It's been on my Disney Bucket List to watch Wishes from there, and I like the idea of not having to deal with the crowds on Main Street. My concern is how to get back to CSR if we watch from the Beach. We were planning on using the buses this day, but will there be boats/monorail/buses going back to MK after the park is closed so we can catch a bus back to CSR? Or, do you think it best to use our car for this day? I'm thinking it would be easiest if we watch Wishes from the beach...head back to the monorail and take it to the TTC and then to our car (should be parked pretty close since we will have been there for EMH hours). My only concern about watching Wishes from Poly is I have read there have been times that people have been asked to leave the Beach if they are not staying at the Poly. :(

Or, do we head back to MK after dinner and use a FP to view Wishes? Because Wishes on Main Street is always magical. We could then leave with the masses and head to the bus back to CSR.

I would love opinions on this...please share!! :)

THis is NO JOKE!

UGH! I can't stand being all soaked and I have the worst luck on rides like this....I always get soaked!! But I guess since Keith is going to 2 character meals with me on this trip, I can deal with this ride for him. However, I will be fully prepared to deal with the water...maybe if I am we won't get wet! :)

I think an hour for travel should be sufficient especially during that time of day but stranger things have happened with the transportation! I haven't been to Ohana yet so not sure what to tell you about the time, but if watching Wishes from the beach is on your bucket list then what better time to complete it when it's just the two of you!

I think an hour for travel should be sufficient especially during that time of day but stranger things have happened with the transportation! I haven't been to Ohana yet so not sure what to tell you about the time, but if watching Wishes from the beach is on your bucket list then what better time to complete it when it's just the two of you!

I'm always worried about Disney transportation. I'm hoping an hour to get from MK to the Poly is enough. I'm pretty sure we will watch Wishes from the beach. :)

Well, if Wishes on the beach is on your bucket list, I think it would be very romantic to see with just the two of you. I am always carless on my trips, so if that was my plan, and there were no more buses back to MK, I would bus to Downtown Disney and then bus home from there. Do you really think that there would be some kind of "Wishes Beach Police"? That would seem very unDisney to me!

Great suggestion to catch a bus to DTD. I'm thinking we may just take the car this day. "Wishes Beach Police".....lol!!!!

If you have seen Wishes in the park before, and have never seen it from the Poly, I would definitely do that. I thought about trying to do that on this trip. I would think since you have reservations at the restaurant there they wouldn't bother you for watching Wishes. I haven't heard of people being asked to leave, not saying you didn't, I guess I'm just surprised, because I am always reading about people watching from the beach. I think an hour should be fine. It is less than a 20 minute monorail ride, I think, so an hour should be ok.

If you have seen Wishes in the park before, and have never seen it from the Poly, I would definitely do that. I thought about trying to do that on this trip. I would think since you have reservations at the restaurant there they wouldn't bother you for watching Wishes. I haven't heard of people being asked to leave, not saying you didn't, I guess I'm just surprised, because I am always reading about people watching from the beach. I think an hour should be fine. It is less than a 20 minute monorail ride, I think, so an hour should be ok.

We have only ever seen Wishes from the MK. Not to mention we will see the Holiday Wishes from MK later that week. So, it's official...decision made!!! Watching Wishes from the Poly Beach on 11/16!! YAY!! I also think it might just be easier to drive over to MK that day and that way we don't have to worry about getting back to MK after Wishes. We can just take the monorail to TTC, and hopefully we will have been able to get a close parking spot since we are hoping to be there for morning EMH hours that day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter