Our 5 Year Anniversary Trip: 2 weeks, a wedding and a baby! - in AUGUST!!! Updated 6/11/16

Following along! I just saw the link for this in your signature. :) Arthur is absolutely adorable by the way. You guys will be here so soon. Maybe I'll run into you while you're here!

Yay! I'm sure I will be. I'm usually off after 4:30 most days. As it gets closer, we can figure out a time to meet up. :) I don't want to just crash your vacations/Alli's honeymoon haha.

Yay! I'm sure I will be. I'm usually off after 4:30 most days. As it gets closer, we can figure out a time to meet up. :) I don't want to just crash your vacations/Alli's honeymoon haha.
Crash away! I can't wait to get down there. I'm on bed rest and still in pain from some complications post-delivery and I think being in the Happiest Place on Earth will make me feel a lot better about all of it... Even if we are even slower than anticipated with a 7 week old baby and a slightly crippled mommy!

Well a little bit of an update

We applied for Arthur's birth certificate last week and it came in the mail today so we filled out the application form and rushed over to the passport office and applied for Arthur's passport! We didn't need to pay extra to expedite it either as they said we should have it in two and a half weeks!

Yesterday we went to our second to last Birth and Babies class and I wore pre-pregnancy pants for the first time! Here is a picture of Arthur and I all dressed and waiting for class to start.image.jpg

I'm here!!

b5f06b57.jpg

Love this picture! Did you not have the best time on the Disney Cruise? We loved it so much after our first one, we booked our second one for 6 months later:rotfl2:

Why would we choose to take a 2 month old baby to WDW for our anniversary? Well because I'm a Disney freak but also because my twin sister @Disney_Alli is getting married!

Congratulations @Disney_Alli :banana::banana:

We are flying in on Saturday, August 8th on a direct flight from Calgary (only one takeoff and landing with an infant... I'm trying to do this as smart as I can!) where we will be joined by my parents on the flight as they are connecting through Calgary from Kelowna (yay extra hands for baby... See I am trying to be smart)

Always easier with extra people around :thumbsup2

Also we are not planning on flying 2 weeks worth of diapers and other baby essentials so we will have to make a Walmart or target stop that morning.

That's what we did for our first trip. We actually ordered from Walmart a large box of diapers and 2 cases of water and had it delivered to our resort because we weren't renting a car or anything. Made it so much easier to not have to pack it in our suitcases.
Monday the 17th will be DH and I's first park day alone with baby:scared1: we are planning an Epcot day with lunch at Coral Reef at 1:45 a break and then back to the park for illuminations in the evening.

I think by now you'll have the hang of it, though! :thumbsup2

Ugh the quote on the wall:sad: such a sweet quote! And where did you get that piggy bank?! I've been searching all over for a DIsney one but this one would work too!

Here is Arthur Scott

Love the name!:cloud9:

This is how DS and DH slept the very first night at home. Because we had no clue what we were doing :rotfl2:

Poor Arthur has developed Baby acne

DS had that too! I feel like we got everything we DS, including the dry skin in his folds, cradle cap, etc!

or class to start.
image-jpg.108571

Aw you look great! And omgosh, he's so adorable and so big!!!

Okay hope you don't mind me putting in a few tips here :blush::blush:

-Utilize the Baby Centers at all parks. They are AMAZING, quiet and comfortable. Don't know if you're nursing or not but they have rockers, in I believe, ever single center along with a couple private rooms. They also have sinks and microwaves to rinse out bottles or to heat up formula.

-If the baby is sleeping in the stroller (which DS was about 90% of the time at 2 months), you're allowed to leave him in the stroller and take him into restaurants without removing him. This helped out so much, because we didn't bring a car seat with us, as I held him on the plane, so I had nothing to 'hold' him in if we went to restaurants. And holding him in my arms the whole time was so not ideal, so the stroller was a huge help! Like having another adult with us, really!:rotfl:

-He went on every single ride with us that did not have a height limit, like all FL rides, boat rides, train rides, etc.

I really don't feel like your schedule is too jammed packed, at least, compared to what we had so it looks like it will be a fun time! My only concern for Arthur would be the heat you're going to experience :crazy2: DS used to (and really, still does!) sweat A LOT as a baby and he was never fully clothed when he slept, but would wake up in the middle of the night crying and his sheet was drenched in sweat! So when we took him in October 2013, I knew it was still going to be warm so I purchased one of those cooling towels that you get wet and stays cool for a long time, and placed it underneath him in the stroller to keep cool :thumbsup2

Hi!! I just found your ptr thanks to a friend! I am preggo with baby #2 and planning a trip when she will be about 8 weeks old. So I am very excited to hear how your trip goes. My older dd is 3 and has been to wdw a ton but her first trip wasn't until 8 months.

I wanted to mention that your plans sound really great and totally doable - at least with my dd, by 3 weeks old I was itching to get out and about and we spent a whole day with her at the museum of science in Boston. By 8 weeks she was sleeping 7-5 overnight and I felt totally fine. (I will admit the first 2 weeks I felt horrible). I hope you are feeling well now and can't wait to hear how your plans are going.

Our trip will be 12 nights and is pretty packed with plans but at least from my memories of last time I think it won't be too much.

I'm here!!

Love this picture! Did you not have the best time on the Disney Cruise? We loved it so much after our first one, we booked our second one for 6 months later:rotfl2:

Congratulations @Disney_Alli :banana::banana:

Always easier with extra people around :thumbsup2

That's what we did for our first trip. We actually ordered from Walmart a large box of diapers and 2 cases of water and had it delivered to our resort because we weren't renting a car or anything. Made it so much easier to not have to pack it in our suitcases.

I think by now you'll have the hang of it, though! :thumbsup2

Ugh the quote on the wall:sad: such a sweet quote! And where did you get that piggy bank?! I've been searching all over for a DIsney one but this one would work too!

Love the name!:cloud9:

This is how DS and DH slept the very first night at home. Because we had no clue what we were doing :rotfl2:

DS had that too! I feel like we got everything we DS, including the dry skin in his folds, cradle cap, etc!

Aw you look great! And omgosh, he's so adorable and so big!!!

Okay hope you don't mind me putting in a few tips here :blush::blush:

-Utilize the Baby Centers at all parks. They are AMAZING, quiet and comfortable. Don't know if you're nursing or not but they have rockers, in I believe, ever single center along with a couple private rooms. They also have sinks and microwaves to rinse out bottles or to heat up formula.

-If the baby is sleeping in the stroller (which DS was about 90% of the time at 2 months), you're allowed to leave him in the stroller and take him into restaurants without removing him. This helped out so much, because we didn't bring a car seat with us, as I held him on the plane, so I had nothing to 'hold' him in if we went to restaurants. And holding him in my arms the whole time was so not ideal, so the stroller was a huge help! Like having another adult with us, really!:rotfl:

-He went on every single ride with us that did not have a height limit, like all FL rides, boat rides, train rides, etc.

I really don't feel like your schedule is too jammed packed, at least, compared to what we had so it looks like it will be a fun time! My only concern for Arthur would be the heat you're going to experience :crazy2: DS used to (and really, still does!) sweat A LOT as a baby and he was never fully clothed when he slept, but would wake up in the middle of the night crying and his sheet was drenched in sweat! So when we took him in October 2013, I knew it was still going to be warm so I purchased one of those cooling towels that you get wet and stays cool for a long time, and placed it underneath him in the stroller to keep cool :thumbsup2
We waited almost a year for our second cruise but we booked it before we even left on our first one!

The piggy bank is from Chapters a Canadian book store but they may ship to the U.S. www.chapters.com
There is a dumbo one on www.disneystore.com

He's a giant! At his three week checkup this morning he had reached 11lbs and was in the 93rd percentile for weight and the 99th percentile for height. I think he needs to be a basketball player and keep me in the style I'd like to become accustomed to lol!

Thank you for the compliment!

I love tips!

The cooling towel idea is one is never heard and I think it's great!

We will have our car seat as we are off site the first few days and are renting a car so we should be able to just bring that in but nice to know they usually allowed strollers as well.

I am breastfeeding and absolutely plan to take advantage of the baby care centers especially because I've yet to master the art of the nursing cover and don't think I'd be comfortable nursing in public without one.

The only no height restriction ride I'm concerned about is TSMM because it really whips you around the corners and he won't have much neck control yet.

Hi!! I just found your ptr thanks to a friend! I am preggo with baby #2 and planning a trip when she will be about 8 weeks old. So I am very excited to hear how your trip goes. My older dd is 3 and has been to wdw a ton but her first trip wasn't until 8 months.

I wanted to mention that your plans sound really great and totally doable - at least with my dd, by 3 weeks old I was itching to get out and about and we spent a whole day with her at the museum of science in Boston. By 8 weeks she was sleeping 7-5 overnight and I felt totally fine. (I will admit the first 2 weeks I felt horrible). I hope you are feeling well now and can't wait to hear how your plans are going.

Our trip will be 12 nights and is pretty packed with plans but at least from my memories of last time I think it won't be too much.
I just did an afternoon at the mall with my sister and mom after Arthur's 3 week check up and I think I over did it a bit but then I've been on bed rest and only been grocery shopping and to Walmart until now!

I am starting to feel much better now though so I hope to be feeling good at 7 weeks postpartum when we leave.

last Birth and Babies class and I wore pre-pregnancy pants for the first time!

Wow you look amazing. And seems like you are doing really well adjusting to new motherhood. I was a little worried when you talked about all your plans for so soon after the baby was born because I personally did not handle being a new mom very well...lol...but you are handling it like a rockstar!!

Wow you look amazing. And seems like you are doing really well adjusting to new motherhood. I was a little worried when you talked about all your plans for so soon after the baby was born because I personally did not handle being a new mom very well...lol...but you are handling it like a rockstar!!
I think having been an insomniac most of my life has helped me deal with the sleep deprivation!

Thank you for the compliment! We're getting on pretty well but it sure has helped having my mom here the last week or so. I've been on basically bed rest due to some issues healing so to have her here to help with even the laundry and the cooking has really let me heal and concentrate on feeding Arthur and getting this motherhood thing figured out at least a little!

@Disney_Alli and I went to her dress fitting last night.

image.jpg

Arthur was there to guard the purses ;)

I'm still not allowed to go for walks, carry Arthur (especially in his car seat) or even push the stroller, all of which is frustrating and somewhat impossible now that my mom has gone home and I'm alone with DS while DH is at work. Exactly how am I supposed to change or feed Arthur if I can't carry him? Not to mention I think he's just finishing a growth spurt which has made him a cuddle bug the last few days (along with wanting to feed every hour or less during most of the day)!

Three weeks from today we leave for Orlando!

Arthur's passport arrived today! Ok technically it came yesterday but we were out so we went to the post office and picked it up this afternoon! We can now officially fly to Florida:)

Subscribing! Looking forward to hearing about your trip with a baby! We first took my daughter at 7 months and in hindsight, it was easier traveling with an infant as opposed to a toddler :laughing:

I just realized I never posted about the custom mini-cake I ordered for our anniversary dinner at Yachtsman's Steakhouse! Last year I found out we share our anniversary with the Haunted Mansion and I said I would have changed my whole wedding had I known that when I was planning. So for our anniversary I decided to order a Haunted Mansion cake for dessert. I contacted the cake hotline and received a quote for a Haunted Mansion themed buttercream covered cake with 2D images for $60. That sounded pretty good but I had seen a few Haunted Mansion cakes that I loved so I sent them a few pictures...
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/3b/4e/c8/3b4ec807b0c0cdf4b895213dd1dd2afc.jpg
And
http://destinationsouth.net/wp-content/uploads/101213B-0004-1024x682.jpg

They came back with a quote of $70 for a fondant covered cake with a very mini version of the topper.

I didn't really care about the gates so I asked about just continuing the roses as the topper and requested the colours be more like the big cake.

They came back with a quote for a $60 fondant covered cake with roses topper and told me the big cake picture was from a display and the colours had faded due to it being out all day but that they would try to do the antiqued colours on the cake. I said sold and booked the cake!

We had our last Birth and Babies class last Tuesday (kind of like Lamaze class meets early parenting class) and took a group picture of all the babies in order of birth. Well Arthur and Claire who share a birthday got all cuddled up during the pictures!image.jpg
This outfit was originally a contender for Arthur to wear to Allison's wedding but as he's huge I used it for picture day instead as there is no way it will still fit by the wedding:)

Baby is looking so great! I hope you are doing well!

Can you tell me exactly where you called for the cake for Yatchmans? We are thinking the same thing since our anniversary is in October and my husband loves HM!!

Hey Sam - I remember you from the Disney Weddings section of the DIS :) We got married around the same time!

Last year my hubby and I took our then 10 week old to Disney and it was one of our best trips ever. I live blogged the trip, which you can read here. I tried to include as many helpful hints as possible for anyone travelling with an infant. It's a different type of trip, but so enjoyable and we came back with such great memories and pictures! If you have any questions at all, just PM me and I'll be happy to help.

We're heading back to WDW in September - I think our little guy will be a bit more of a handful this trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter