Our 5 Year Anniversary Trip: 2 weeks, a wedding and a baby! - in AUGUST!!! Updated 6/11/16

Well it's been forever and a day since I updated this report but I found so few reports of infants in the parks, especially as young as Arthur was at the time and from a breastfeeding mom so I'm going to try to finish my report. Wish me luck! The mom brain is pretty awesome/awful sometimes but I do have a notebook where I took (some) notes

Day 1: August 9th Epcot and Anniversaries!

Wes, Arthur and I were up by 8am and ready to head to Walmart for some food and diapers for the rest of the trip. As we were staying on a promotion rate at the SVV my mom and dad had to attend an "info session" read - sales pitch to buy more Starwood Vacation Club time. I thought I understood that their session was at 9am ending at 11am but unfortunately their info session was at 11am (!) so now I was in a bit of a pickle... I had booked fp starting at about 2pm for us this afternoon and had booked lunch at Tutto Italia @ 1pm... We were now probably going to be late. I ended up calling Disney dining from the room and was able to push our reservation back to 1:30 or 2pm.

Wes, Arthur and I headed off to Walmart and got breakfast things and stuff for my parents for dinner as they were staying in with Arthur while Wes and I had an anniversary dinner at Yachtman's Steakhouse! Our first date night and the longest if been away from Arthur in his 7 weeks of life! We also had to get a hairbrush for my sister as she had asked at dinner the night before if I could get her one as she had left hers at home.

We returned in time to see my parents off to their session and then wait incredibly impatiently for them to return so we could head to Epcot.

They finally got back and we loaded into the car and headed for the Boardwalk Inn. We told a little white lie and said we were meeting up with Allison who was staying there which we were (I had to give her the hairbrush) but we were meeting her in Epcot. We parked and headed to the IG to pick up our park tickets at about 1pm. This took forever as I had purchased the tickets from Flight Centre and they don't give you the number that the ticket cm needs to get your tickets. I had to call IT and guest services multiple times before the trip to get the tickets linked to mde and thankfully had the email from when I finally got them linked as the cm needed info from that email to find our tickets in the system. I stayed pretty calm as I knew the tickets existed somewhere in their system. We were beside one other party at the ticket window and they were causing a scene and yelling at the cm that their magic bands weren't working properly so I had a live example of what not to do.

We headed straight to Italy once we had our tickets and texted Allison to meet us. She was dining with her hubby's family at Via Napoli and then we headed to Tutto Italia. It was... Empty and we were seated right away and were able to bring the stroller right in with us as well. I have no idea what we are but it was quite tasty.

We had missed our Test Track fp+ but it was almost time for our Soarin' fp so we headed over to The Land Pavilion and parked the stroller. We put on the rain cover and headed into the building. Wes and I had the FP so we scanned our tickets and headed in after having mom and dad hang around the entrance to the line with Arthur so we could get the swap pass. I used swapping to our advantage and booked only two of us on all of the headliners so we could ride everything with fp. We Soared over California and then switched out my mom and dad in that seating area right at the exit that every one uses to wait. Mom and dad took the pass and headed for a ride while (I'm sure) I fed Arthur. I was feeding on demand and he was eating every hour and a half to two hours at this point but also cluster fed a lot in the evenings. After Soarin' we headed back to the car. Wes and I had dinner reservations and we wanted to get showered and changed before dinner.

I'll leave you with a picture as there were none so far today... And I can't find one from the day on my phone so here is Arthur one week from turning one!image.jpeg

Day 1: August 9th Epcot and Anniversaries!

Wes, Arthur and I were up by 8am and ready to head to Walmart for some food and diapers for the rest of the trip. As we were staying on a promotion rate at the SVV my mom and dad had to attend an "info session" read - sales pitch to buy more Starwood Vacation Club time. I thought I understood that their session was at 9am ending at 11am but unfortunately their info session was at 11am (!) so now I was in a bit of a pickle... I had booked fp starting at about 2pm for us this afternoon and had booked lunch at Tutto Italia @ 1pm... We were now probably going to be late. I ended up calling Disney dining from the room and was able to push our reservation back to 1:30 or 2pm.

Wes, Arthur and I headed off to Walmart and got breakfast things and stuff for my parents for dinner as they were staying in with Arthur while Wes and I had an anniversary dinner at Yachtman's Steakhouse! Our first date night and the longest if been away from Arthur in his 7 weeks of life! We also had to get a hairbrush for my sister as she had asked at dinner the night before if I could get her one as she had left hers at home.

We returned in time to see my parents off to their session and then wait incredibly impatiently for them to return so we could head to Epcot.

They finally got back and we loaded into the car and headed for the Boardwalk Inn. We told a little white lie and said we were meeting up with Allison who was staying there which we were (I had to give her the hairbrush) but we were meeting her in Epcot. We parked and headed to the IG to pick up our park tickets at about 1pm. This took forever as I had purchased the tickets from Flight Centre and they don't give you the number that the ticket cm needs to get your tickets. I had to call IT and guest services multiple times before the trip to get the tickets linked to mde and thankfully had the email from when I finally got them linked as the cm needed info from that email to find our tickets in the system. I stayed pretty calm as I knew the tickets existed somewhere in their system. We were beside one other party at the ticket window and they were causing a scene and yelling at the cm that their magic bands weren't working properly so I had a live example of what not to do.

We headed straight to Italy once we had our tickets and texted Allison to meet us. She was dining with her hubby's family at Via Napoli and then we headed to Tutto Italia. It was... Empty and we were seated right away and were able to bring the stroller right in with us as well. I have no idea what we are but it was quite tasty.

We had missed our Test Track fp+ but it was almost time for our Soarin' fp so we headed over to The Land Pavilion and parked the stroller. We put on the rain cover and headed into the building. Wes and I had the FP so we scanned our tickets and headed in after having mom and dad hang around the entrance to the line with Arthur so we could get the swap pass. I used swapping to our advantage and booked only two of us on all of the headliners so we could ride everything with fp. We Soared over California and then switched out my mom and dad in that seating area right at the exit that every one uses to wait. Mom and dad took the pass and headed for a ride while (I'm sure) I fed Arthur. I was feeding on demand and he was eating every hour and a half to two hours at this point but also cluster fed a lot in the evenings. After Soarin' we headed back to the car. Wes and I had dinner reservations and we wanted to get showered and changed before dinner.

I'll leave you with a picture as there were none so far today... And I can't find one from the day on my phone so here is Arthur one week from turning one!View attachment 174887[/QUOTE
He is a handsome baby boy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter