Our 5 Year Anniversary Trip: 2 weeks, a wedding and a baby! - in AUGUST!!! Updated 6/11/16

Love the onesies you made! So adorable.

How are you feeling BTW?! Glad you got cleared by the doctor.

Ugh that stinks. But usually people are pretty nice and may perhaps move to accommodate you guys to sit together. Hopefully it all works out.
I'm feeling SO much better the last two weeks or so.

Arthur is seven weeks old today and HUGE!
image.jpg
He's already bigger than Dumbo!

My alerts haven't been working and I haven't been checking in as frequently, so this is late, but have a great trip! He is such a cutie :cutie:

I'm allowed to do anything I want and the parks including go to the pools

That's awesome. Again...you are so inspiring travelling so soon with a newborn!! But when my kids were that small, they travelled really well - slept a lot of the plane. I just couldn't believe all the "STUFF" you have to bring with you when travelling with a baby!!! So glad you are feeling good though and will be able to swim and stuff.

we should ask at the counter when we get to the gate if there is any way to get us closer together.

Hopefully they will be able to do something...but if not...you can get up and keep passing the baby back and forth and maybe get a nap in!

August 8: Departure Day!!

The alarm went off at 5:30am and up we got. We had everything packed and ready to go from the night before so we grabbed the clothes we had set out the night before.
image.jpg

Arthur is wearing a sleeper that a guest from the Inn I work at had given me as a baby gift and I was going to be wearing a Dumbo tank top I had picked up at Hot Topic the day before.

We packed up the car and headed to a friend's house who was going to drive our car back home and then pick us up upon our return.

We got to the Calgary airport and tried to print our boarding passes but only mine and Arthur's printed. Wes' said he had to go see a person. It turns out he had been selected for extra screening. I got into the precheck line and weighted my bag. It was 1 lb overweight but they let it go (yay!!!)

Wes finally got through to an attendant and got his boarding pass and his bag tagged. We headed to US customs and breezed through then dropped off our bags and headed to security. Once at the belt we asked security how they wanted our stuff as we had never traveled with an infant before. They had us wheel the stroller over and send everything else on the belt and then I carried Arthur through the scanner. Then Wes went through and had to go through the whole body scanner due to the extra screening.

We got over to the gate and I had to feed Arthur. We then decided to get the stroller and car seat into the gate check bags. We were the only ones on our flight with the bags so we had no trouble identifying our items in Orlando.

My parents arrived from their connecting flight and I checked to see if there were any closer seats. The only option was two aisle seats across from each other much further up so I declined the move for my parents. We preboarded the flight and my parents used the excuse of helping with the car seat and stroller to preboard as well.

We got settled in our seats and took a plane selfie
image.jpg

The flight attendant came by and explained the what to do in an emergency with the baby. And then we were on our way. Arthur fell asleep as we taxied and didn't wake up until we were about an hour into the flight. He was very calm and fed and played peekaboo throughout the flight along with a few short naps as well.
image.jpg
There's a happy baby!

Arthur won't take a soother so I didn't bring any with us. He fussed a little on landing and wouldn't breastfeed so I gave him my finger to suck and he calmed down.

We landed and waited a bit to let the other passengers deplane before we fought our way down the aisle.

We grabbed our car seat and stroller and got them set up before heading to baggage claim. Our bags were right there so we grabbed them and headed to the car rental desk to pick up our car.

To be continued when I'm not nursing a baby:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Yay TR!! I'm glad Arthur did so well on the plane and the extra security didn't end up being too troublesome.

It was 1 lb overweight but they let it go

Wow you're lucky! Years ago, before we bought our handheld scale (which BTW, is such a life saver when packing to go to the airport!) we were almost ALWAYS over one pound on one bag and one pound under on another. But they always made us move stuff over to the other bag:confused3 Doesn't it balance out anyway if both bags are going on the same plane??

We preboarded the flight and my parents used the excuse of helping with the car seat and stroller to preboard as well.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

image-jpg.121471

Yay for first plane seflie!

That's great that he did so good on his first flight! I was nervous as heck getting DS on the plane but once we were in the air, I was totally fine.

Departure day: part 2

I had rented us an economy car (and found a deal to save us $40 on it about 2 weeks before we left) but when Wes got to the counter he felt that we wouldn't fit all our stuff in what they considered an economy car so he upgraded to a full size for... $40 sigh there went my savings. Mom and dad had rented from the same company (Dollar) so we all headed out to the rows of vehicles and picked light colored cars next to each other. We really only needed the two cars to get all our stuff to the Sheraton due to baby stuff. I got our GPS set up while Wes got the luggage in the trunk with the stroller after securing our car seat and base into the backseat. Meanwhile my mom and dad discovered that their gps was out of memory and wouldn't actually work so we decided to caravan to the hotel with Wes and I leading with our GPS.

I have no pictures and a confession for the rest of the trip... I didn't take enough pictures. We got better later in the trip but we were more in the moment this trip / had our hands full with a baby and didn't take very many pictures.

We arrived and got checked into the Sheraton Vistana Villages which is not the same Sheraton that my family stayed at for the wedding that one was the Sheraton Vistana Resort.

We were in building 35 I think which was a little away from the lobby but quite close to the pool. Our unit was on the 4th floor... Thank goodness there was an elevator but sadly the elevator is not air conditioned so it was a bit of a sweat box every time we got in it!

We had just enough time to get mostly unpacked and have showers before meeting my sister and her fiancé for dinner at Flying Fish.

We hopped into our car and used the gps to find the boardwalk. We were a little late and arrived at boardwalk's self parking at about our reservation time.

I'll leave it here as I have a cranky baby but I'll leave you with a teaser... Custom Cakes and Painted Shoes!

And a cute picture of Arthur
image.jpg

I have you moved, and njoying your TR. I had 9 lb. babies and I also had an 11 lb. baby.
Looking forward to your reports.
My dh travelers to Calgary, but goes north to the sand oil fields. Obama didn't sign the bill for the pipeline to go thru the U.S., so the pipeline is waiting at the border.

I have you moved, and njoying your TR. I had 9 lb. babies and I also had an 11 lb. baby.
Looking forward to your reports.
My dh travelers to Calgary, but goes north to the sand oil fields. Obama didn't sign the bill for the pipeline to go thru the U.S., so the pipeline is waiting at the border.
And sadly with the price of oil not much is happening in the sands right now.

Ouch for 11lb babies! Did they know yours were going to be big? My doctors thought I would be having about a 7lb baby so we weren't expecting such a big boy!

Family Road Trip!

We are taking a family road trip to Kelowna BC which is about a 7 1/2 hour drive, but we'll be stopping along the way to nurse and change diapers so who knows how long it will take. We will have @Disney_Alli and her dh with us in our Tucson so that's 4 adults and a baby in a small suv for more than 8 hours... We leave Friday morning, wish us luck! I'll try to get a few updates done this weekend while we're away as we're visiting my parents so there will be lots more hands to hold Arthur while I write!

enjoy your road trip! Arthur is adorable (and so big!) and I love that you all took a baby to Disney. I am totally going to show this to my DH ;)

Custom Cakes and Painted Shoes

We arrived at Flying Fidh and were allowed in to the restaurant with the stroller which was great. @Disney_Alli and her fiancé were already seated. We sat and my dad ordered wine while we checked out the menu. As became a theme throughout most of our meals with my parents my dh Wes gave my dad his glasses to read the menu as my dad is forever forgetting and/or losing his. We ordered appetizers. Wes, my dad and Cole - Allison's fiancé - all ordered the pork chop, I had the steak, Allison had the signature snapper and my mom had the other fish dish. The steak was giant and very good as were the pork chops, Allison enjoyed the snapper and mom wasn't too thrilled with the other fish dish, the fish was cold and she felt the accompanying veggies were over sauced.

For dessert we had a surprise! Allison had ordered us a custom cake for our 5th anniversary!

image.jpeg

Our server gave us each a glass of champagne for the celebrations! Along with the cake Allison had a gift for Arthur. Custom painted baby shoes by Figgie Shoes who is spectacular!

image.jpeg

They have his name, birth weight and time, Dumbo and the lyrics to Baby Mine which I have stencilled on the nursery wall.

As you can sort of see in the background of the cake picture, I spent a lot of the meal feeding Arthur. He was a little fussy as well due to the long travel day so Allison and I took turns walking him around outside as well as holding him at the table. We tried not to disrupt the other diners as it is a signature restaurant.

We took about half the cake back to our villa after dinner and then went to bed for our first night in Orlando.

Last edited:
Following along! :)

Arthur is a cutie! I'm sure we'll be in the same boat with less pictures than normal (or mostly all pictures of Belle). LOL!

Your flight was uneventful; I hope mine is too! Belle bottle feeds so I'm worried she we'll take off when she's not hungry and she won't want the bottle. She does like a pacifier, though, so hopefully that will work.

How nice to have the help, especially in the beginning, as you're learning the ropes to Disney with a baby.

I love that cake!!

Those shoes are adorable!!! And it sounds like he was a doll on the plane!! Lucky you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter