Our 5 Year Anniversary Trip: 2 weeks, a wedding and a baby! - in AUGUST!!! Updated 6/11/16

Baby is looking so great! I hope you are doing well!

Can you tell me exactly where you called for the cake for Yatchmans? We are thinking the same thing since our anniversary is in October and my husband loves HM!!
I called private dining at the yacht club. I found the number and all the info for where to call on the Cake Chatter thread on the restaurant forum. @lurkyloo does a great job putting all of the cake info together.

Last edited:
Hey Sam - I remember you from the Disney Weddings section of the DIS :) We got married around the same time!

Last year my hubby and I took our then 10 week old to Disney and it was one of our best trips ever. I live blogged the trip, which you can read here. I tried to include as many helpful hints as possible for anyone travelling with an infant. It's a different type of trip, but so enjoyable and we came back with such great memories and pictures! If you have any questions at all, just PM me and I'll be happy to help.

We're heading back to WDW in September - I think our little guy will be a bit more of a handful this trip!!
Thanks I'll check out your blog. I remember you from the DFTW section too! I'll let you know if I have any questions.

Following along! Arthur is adorable! I hope that you are feeling better now.

I'm looking forward to reading how your trip goes!

Following along! Arthur is adorable! I hope that you are feeling better now.

I'm looking forward to reading how your trip goes!
Thank you!

I am starting to feel much better but I still need to get more of an ok from my doctor so I can do stuff... Like carry Arthur without breaking the rules. I'd like to be able to hold him at Disney without feeling like I'm doing something wrong!

We are doing the single digit dance!:banana::banana::banana:

We leave 9 days from today!!! I'm hoping Arthur will be back onto a more regular schedule by then. The last few days he's been eating so often during the day it feels like it's one continuous feeding! I think he's having his 6 week growth spurt.

I forgot to post pictures of the one project I completed for myself for our trip (I've helped @Disney_Alli with a few)

I made t-shirts for my mom, dad, myself, DH, @Disney_Alli and her DH that say mom or dad or grandma est 2015 and I have the transfer (but haven't yet made the onesie) for Arthur that says his name est 2015.

I'll post pictures when I'm not toting around a fussy 13lb baby!

OMG you must be sooo excited!! I can't wait to hear about how it all goes...I hope you'll share!!

image-jpg.110804

That outfit is AMAZING!!! :love:

We are doing the single digit dance!:banana::banana::banana:

Yeah!!! Single digits are always exciting. In case I don't get on here over the coming days, have the BEST time ever! :goodvibes:goodvibes

I just finished my last (read only) project that I had for the trip. I made personalized shirts for my mom, dad, sister, sister's hubby, hubby, Arthur and I. As my sister was also making personalized shirts for everyone for her wedding we had an iron-on transfer party and made a ton of shirts just before Arthur was born (I can't really remember but it may have been the Wednesday before he was born when I was 3 days overdue).

I didn't have any onesies and I wanted to be sure of the size when we were making the shirts so we didn't make Arthur's shirts that day. I finally made them tonight 4 days before we leave. The adult shirts are already packed but here is Arthur's est 2015 onesie:
image.jpg
And his shirt for @Disney_Alli 's wedding (or rehearsal party)
image.jpg

Silly me not checking my Watched Threads post!! You're so close to leaving, so exciting! I love Arthur's onesies, they are so adorable (especially Team Bride!) and how smart of you to wait till this week so you can be sure he'll fit in them.

I hope you're feeling better!

I went to the doctor yesterday. Finally got the all clear I'm allowed to do anything I want and the parks including go to the pools which is a must do in August! Two days from now will be an hour into a five hour flight to Orlando. We're almost finished packing just a few final details and toiletries to pack. I'm hoping Arthur will be finished his six week growth spurt before we leave. He has been very fussy the past few days.

:banana: Yay for being medically cleared! I couldn't imagine not being able to hop in a pool at WDW in August - so glad you don't have to worry about that!

I forgot to mention we're also at WDW 8/15-8/22, and our Epcot day is also 8/17 - perhaps we'll run into you/Allison/the fam!

Those shirts are so cute!

So exciting that your trip is so soon, and that you got medically cleared just in time!

Yay! I'm so glad to hear you're cleared to do anything you want! I'm sure that makes everything easier and less stressful.
:banana: Yay for being medically cleared! I couldn't imagine not being able to hop in a pool at WDW in August - so glad you don't have to worry about that!

I forgot to mention we're also at WDW 8/15-8/22, and our Epcot day is also 8/17 - perhaps we'll run into you/Allison/the fam!

I may have to crash this hang out.

It's check in for our flights day and I had arranged with my parents (because they are flying through Calgary to get to Orlando on the same flight as DH and I. Well I couldn't get their flight info to work to check them in so I called my mom and she couldn't get them checked in either. DH and I were able to get checked in online and my mom called Westjet. By the time she got ahold of Westjet there were no seats anywhere near us so DH and I are in row 29 and my parents are in row 6. The customer service rep told my mom that there are a few empty seats and that we should ask at the counter when we get to the gate if there is any way to get us closer together.

Love the onesies you made! So adorable.

I went to the doctor yesterday. Finally got the all clear I'm allowed to do anything I want and the parks including go to the pools which is a must do in August! Two days from now will be an hour into a five hour flight to Orlando. We're almost finished packing just a few final details and toiletries to pack. I'm hoping Arthur will be finished his six week growth spurt before we leave. He has been very fussy the past few days.

How are you feeling BTW?! Glad you got cleared by the doctor.

It's check in for our flights day and I had arranged with my parents (because they are flying through Calgary to get to Orlando on the same flight as DH and I. Well I couldn't get their flight info to work to check them in so I called my mom and she couldn't get them checked in either. DH and I were able to get checked in online and my mom called Westjet. By the time she got ahold of Westjet there were no seats anywhere near us so DH and I are in row 29 and my parents are in row 6. The customer service rep told my mom that there are a few empty seats and that we should ask at the counter when we get to the gate if there is any way to get us closer together.

Ugh that stinks. But usually people are pretty nice and may perhaps move to accommodate you guys to sit together. Hopefully it all works out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter