"Only Heaven Is Better than Disney World": Live TR 8/24

Subbing! I love live reports! That cloud pic was incredible. I showed it to my four year old and now he's begging to fly somewhere! :rotfl: Can't wait to read more!

I couldn't get a great shot coming through the Disney World entrance, but I managed something.

217c85ed.jpg

Forty five minutes after we got off the plane, we arrived at...

6f78cade.jpg

df0d80b4.jpg

152a83ca.jpg

cbaae078.jpg

We had done online check-in, so we headed over to their desk.

02bcbcc4.jpg

a6ed9faf.jpg

We were hoping we might get some pixie dust, but alas, no upgrade. Our room was ready even though it was only 10:10. We are in Rapa Nui on the third floor.

fa808b22.jpg

98faa626.jpg

e74a4621.jpg

fcf72915.jpg

bc92b29d.jpg

Views from our balcony:

b6d556c4.jpg

a21ee6c8.jpg

9a5c003c.jpg

We were hungry, and lunch isn't until 1:15 so we got a quick snack and drinks at the GCH.

4a4a2daf.jpg

d92f0288.jpg

Now we are waiting for the DHS bus. It's been about 25 min. and two AK buses have come and gone. My fiancé, being the gentleman that is, just gave his seat at the bus stop up to a nice older lady whose granddaughter got chosen to sing at the 2:00 American Idol show.

It's been raining on and off since we got to our room, but it is Florida and August, so hopefully it will clear up soon!

I'm in! I love live TRs!!!

So a couple of questions (because I want to do a live TR when I'm there WITH pics):

1. Did your flight offer wireless so you could post pics and updates while up in the air? Does it cost a lot$$$ ?

2. How are you able to post photos with your iphone on the boards? I have an iphone but I only know how to post photos using photobucket and I haven't tried doing that with the iphone.

Thanks!!!

WOW!!! When you say "live" report, you really mean it! :goodvibes This is great! Loving every minute of it! Have a great time at the most beautiful resort! :cloud9:

Sara

Subbing! How cool! A real live trip report. Made my day! Have a great vacation................and tell us all about it!!:cool1:

Ooooooh, Poly Trip Report. popcorn:: :woohoo:

Love that you included airport, ME and on-the-road pics. Makes me that much more excited! Thanks for keeping us posted. :goodvibes

(Oh, side benefit of posting my appreciation for a Poly TR -- I get to see my ticker. :thumbsup2 )

Thanks for the great reports! They're getting me more excited for our return "home" in 25 days. I'm looking forward to more!
popcorn::

I am so in for this live trip report!!!

Great updates so far! Can't wait to get to Poly in less than a month!

I'm going to be doing the exact same things as you.... 10 days from now!!! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY. thanks for posting this. VERY EXCITING :banana:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! This is so fun - loved the little girl's response and I totally agree :)

I have actually been watching a live stream from a web site from somone staying at the Poly since this weekend (only thing I see is mostly trees but still fun to see live). Now that you are reporting live as well, it is double fun :thumbsup2

I hope your trip isn't affected by the Tropical storm heading up from Bermuda - here's lots of pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: so that your trip continues to be magical!

I have been scrolling through trip reports all day since I am in a huge I miss Disney funk.
Thanks so much for letting us all in on your trip by posting live for us.
Can't wait to hear about lunch and the rest of your day!

WOw this is truly a LIVE report and I am addicted already! Cant wait for the update..Where was lunch? LOL

I am SOOOO in for this TR!!! :thumbsup2 My family and I will be at the Poly this exact time NEXT year so I MUST tag along - if only for research purposes!!;) Can't wait to hear all about it! :goodvibes

Ok, battery is running low, so no pics until tonight. Had lunch at 50s PTC and had the most awesome waiter and even better, there was a fellow DISer (janetb) sitting next to us! More details and pics tonight. Time for Lights, Motor, Action! Then some rides and Hollywood Brown Derby for dinner.

[QUOTE=mylittlebuttercup;We were hoping we might get some pixie dust, but alas, no upgrade. Our room was ready even though it was only 10:10. We are in Rapa Nui on the third floor.

I love Rapa Nui! We like it because of it's proximity to the TTC and the parking lot. We hope to get that LH on our upcoming trip.

Thanks for the live report!

Subbing for this live trip report also. Very cool! Cant wait to see more pics of the Poly since we will be there in 18 days!

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this live report!

The little girl on the plane sounds adorable- I love hearing the things kids come up with.

Looking forward to reading more, this should help make the next 9 days go by quickly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter