"Only Heaven Is Better than Disney World": Live TR 8/24

You have done a great job with your Trip Report! I've really enjoyed the pictures (as I've already told you)! I can't wait to try one of those ice cream sandwiches! Who knew!!!

Hope school is going well! Now you have to start planning your next trip.....or is it wedding first?:goodvibes

They are REALLY good, but I definitely recommend splitting it. They are way too much for one person! Have to work on the wedding plans first before we can start doing plans for another Disney trip...we want to go on an Alaskan cruise for our honeymoon. My fiancé has been looking at Disney prices online, though, so I know where his mind stands!

Chiming in late as always for me :)
It’s always so tough getting back from a Disney trip, back into reality, work, kids, getting ready for school etc. Then I finally remember to visit your TR in my hectic life and it definitely cheered me up! :cool1:

It was GREAT meeting you and your hubby -to-be in 50’s PTC last week. My first visit to PT and it was extra special to have been seated next to you both – and what a coincidence that you are a DISer! You know, before you asked me if I visited any Disney forums, it was in the back of my mind to ask YOU. So glad you did! :goodvibes
For everyone that has read this TR … you will know that our waiter, Hassan, played his part so well. I know you’ve had the recap already, but I have to add that it was terrific seeing my DD shamed in front of everyone.

You did tell me how you came to name your TR, but I still loved reading it again. Your cloud picture is wonderful. In fact ALL your pictures were fantastic! I still can’t believe how well you keep up your TR while in Disney. I hardly have time to DIS these days … let alone on vacation. I have read (skimmed thru half of your TR so far) but will finish it all. It's been great reading so far:thumbsup2
Janet

That was one of our most memorable meals! Not for the food necessarily (which was good) but for the company :goodvibes: Glad to see you got home safely!

Loved reading your report! We just arrived home late last night (this morning) at 3am. I couldn't wait to read the rest of your report. We were in Epcot on 08/29 as well, so I looked for us in your pictures, but no luck ;)

We loved the Poly - probably won't be able to stay anywhere else now! I don't have nearly as many pictures as you, but hope to post a few next week when I get organized.

Thanks again!!!

The Poly was awesome, wasn't it? We actually looked forward to going back to our room! You'll have to let me know when you post pics; I'll have to check them out.

Once I changed out of my capris that were STILL wet from Splash Mountain (three hours later!), we headed back up to Kona Cafe to check in for lunch. As they weren't very busy, we were seated immediately by the window where we started looking over the menu to see what we wanted to order.

7c5d60d4.jpg

fa186f7d.jpg

For our appetizers, my fiancé got the Kona salad, and I got the crab cakes. They were decent, but still not as good as the ones I got the first day of our trip!

92287f56.jpg

a67a6602.jpg

For our entrees, he got the teriyaki steak plate lunch (I think), and I got the stir-fried Asian noodles. Both were yummy!

9cd204d2.jpg

f19fa985.jpg

For dessert, he ordered the make-your-own sundae, and I asked for the chocolate lava cake. Before she even brought out our dessert, our waitress surprised us with a plate of cupcakes to celebrate our engagement. I am not usually a huge cupcake fan, but I really liked these ones--they were so nice and moist :) Plus, the icing was delicious.

a6d3adc8.jpg

After she brought the cupcakes, she brought the dessert, and by that time I didn't really have room for it after having a cupcake. I took a couple bites, and it was yummy...but I was too full, and it was too rich for me to finish. I think my fiancé ate more of his dessert, but that's probably because he didn't eat his whole cupcake.

7e62ddbb.jpg

af0bc497.jpg

After lunch, my fiancé asked if we could take the boat launch back to the Magic Kingdom because we never got a chance on any of the other days. I readily agreed, and on the way over to the dock, I got a few more Poly pictures.

Lobby sitting area
2edd7e00.jpg

52dfb0cc.jpg

I love that you can see the castle from the pool! It looks MUCH bigger in person than in pictures.
259eb9fb.jpg

dd25ab25.jpg

54b12fae.jpg

1f16d23d.jpg

0fc9e07f.jpg

ba005e39.jpg

c290108d.jpg

4cdc9ac0.jpg

When we got to the dock, we only had to wait a few minutes for a boat, and then we were on our way back to MK!

Stay tuned for final update on our last day...

Oh, great pictures of the Poly!!! I can't wait to go in 10 days!!! Your trip report is getting me very excited (if it is even possible to be more excited :lmao:).

Wonderful pictures! I took a lot on the vacation we were on last November after eating breakfast at Kona .... won't be going back until October 2011:sad2:

That was one of our most memorable meals! Not for the food necessarily (which was good) but for the company :goodvibes: Glad to see you got home safely!

Same here:goodvibes

BTW, I went back and double checked - you and I bought the same shirt at the Animal Kingdom Lodge!! (The black shirt with the animal print mickey). I love mine!

Ahhhh. Brings back memories of our Poly stay in June. It's so pleasent just to walk around the resort. :goodvibes

Stopping by to say hi!!
Hope your first week of school has gone well. Samantha is getting used to her new school (started 7th grade). It’s an adjustment for Mom too!:)

Your Kona lunch food pics look terrific. I must try this on my next visit – since I’ve had only been there for breakfast before.

Looking forward to reading about your last day.
Janet

This final trip update is long overdue, but unfortunately, work and life got in the way of posting it earlier. So without further ado, I will pick up exactly where I left off...

The boat ride to the MK was very enjoyable. I didn't take any pictures, partly because I just wanted to enjoy it but also because I was sitting on the side of the boat and didn't want to drop my phone in Bay Lake (or is it the Seven Seas Lagoon there?) There was a cool breeze, so I just kind of sat back, looking at the beautiful sights and enjoying the fresh air.

Once we arrived at MK, we headed back to Winnie the Pooh to use our fastpasses.

afecd77f.jpg

When we originally got the Pooh fastpasses, the machine gave us "surprise" passes for Philharmagic, so we decided to go there next. As there is not usually a line at this time of year, we didn't really need fastpasses for this attraction; however, we were able to go in a side entrance and bypass the winding cue, so it saved a little time at least.

10628880.jpg

Then, if my memory and pictures do not deceive me, we headed over for one last ride on one of our tried and true favorites, The Haunted Mansion. We managed to hit this one at least four or five times on our trip this year.

b44732a5.jpg

We were going to try to swing over to Pirates for a final ride, but we had a scheduled Magical Express pickup time and wanted to use our last dinner credit first. We were afraid we might not have enough time if we went on another ride, so with heavy hearts, we headed back to the boat launch to return to the Poly.

Farewell, Magic Kingdom!

2b8fce3b.jpg

Approaching the Poly one last time...

24eadb4c.jpg

When we got back to the Poly, we weren't that hungry, but we didn't want to let our last food credit go to waste. We headed over to Captain Cook's and picked up a quick bite to eat with what little time we had left.

I got the pizza flatbread, and my fiancé got some sort of noodle bowl.

c63b2982.jpg

d977a4e4.jpg

After that, we picked up our luggage from bell services and headed out to wait for Magical Express. Our bus came on time, and we made it back to the airport with plenty of time to spare.

Our flight was fairly uneventful...I didn't get any pretty cloud pictures this time, as it was too dark to see anything out of the window. Thankfully, we arrived home safely and on time!

Overall, we had a wonderful time on our vacation this year and can't wait to return. It might be a couple of years before we are able to take another Disney trip, but in the meantime, we have some great memories to look back upon and cherish!

Same here:goodvibes

BTW, I went back and double checked - you and I bought the same shirt at the Animal Kingdom Lodge!! (The black shirt with the animal print mickey). I love mine!

Isn't that shirt cute? It's nice and understated--has that Disney touch but doesn't scream "I'm a Disney freak" (even if I am!)

Stopping by to say hi!!
Hope your first week of school has gone well. Samantha is getting used to her new school (started 7th grade). It’s an adjustment for Mom too!:)

Your Kona lunch food pics look terrific. I must try this on my next visit – since I’ve had only been there for breakfast before.

Looking forward to reading about your last day.
Janet

Hope your daughter's new school is going well! My school year is going alright, though I have been very busy!!! You must try lunch at Kona in the future--very tasty and quick service. I got the last update up finally, so I hope you enjoy it :-D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter