Oh, Just A Few GALLONS of Pixie Dust! - A July/August 2012 TR

Yay, I'm not behind for once!

I remember going to see Toy Story in theaters with some friends as a birthday present. Woody was always my favorite but I could never get a toy of him, because what if I accidentally threw him away?? Or something where I forgot about him? I couldn't deal with the guilt! :rotfl: (I only JUST got my first Toy Story toy a few months ago - a Mr. Pricklepants).

The meet'n'greet looks cute! I think I'd like to watch their dance parties (at the ticketed parties) more, if only 'cause there's a little more going on? idk, idk I feel weird standing in long lines for meet'n'greets! Also I'm not very good at photo ops - dancing is a WHOLE other story though. ;)

HOORAY.

The first time I went to see it was at a birthday PARTY, so we have similar experiences! It wasn't my birthday though, but whatever. I never got the toys either because to me they never looked authentic enough. What an odd child I was. I LOVE MR. PRICKLEPANTS! He's hilarious. Good choice. :thumbsup2

I mean, I'll dance with any character that offers, but I really like having photos with them. :goodvibes

Finally got all caught up with your trip report and I'm loving it the photos are brilliant, I hope wer're as lucky as you when we next go with the short queue for Toy story! The view from you room is totally amazing you just can't get enough of that! Looking forward to reading the rest xx

Aww yay! Welcome! I'm so glad you're loving it so much. Thank you for the compliment!

I hope the line is short for you as well. That'd be great! Hahha yes, the view was the BEST thing ever. That entire room was absolutely perfect!

Thanks for joining in and commenting! I hope to hear from you again in the future. So glad to have you here!

Yay! i am up to date on your report. Newbie here and you always have me laughing! Thanks for the awesome TR, and Pop Culture!!

I'm so glad you're here, and hooray for being up to date! Aww aren't you sweet! I'm glad you're enjoying the report! Thank you!!!

Just getting caught up! LOVED your Toy Story updates!! :thumbsup2 Those movies are the best. The first time I watched Toy Story 2 when I was 10, and that song Jesse sings where Emily leaves her behind...yeah, by the end of it I was totally sobbing and like "I WILL NEVER LEAVE MY DOLLS UNDER A BED OR GIVE THEM AWAY EVERR!!" lol. And then I took my dolls with me to college. :rolleyes1 :thumbsup2

Fifteen minute wait for TSM?? SUH-weet! Also can I just say how much I love how excited you were to meet Woody and Buzz? That photo is adorable! I feel the exact same way when I meet my fav Disney characters - that is what makes WDW so magical!!

I'm really late to the party, but I just found your TR this afternoon and read the whole thing! I really love all of the Full House moments! A friend of mine and I did the exact same thing in GF when we were at WDW in December! Crucial moments involving John Stamos and Disney... nothing is better!

I can't wait to read more!

Just getting caught up! LOVED your Toy Story updates!! :thumbsup2 Those movies are the best. The first time I watched Toy Story 2 when I was 10, and that song Jesse sings where Emily leaves her behind...yeah, by the end of it I was totally sobbing and like "I WILL NEVER LEAVE MY DOLLS UNDER A BED OR GIVE THEM AWAY EVERR!!" lol. And then I took my dolls with me to college. :rolleyes1 :thumbsup2

Fifteen minute wait for TSM?? SUH-weet! Also can I just say how much I love how excited you were to meet Woody and Buzz? That photo is adorable! I feel the exact same way when I meet my fav Disney characters - that is what makes WDW so magical!!

Thank you! Oh my gosh, I remember feeling the exact same way! I was like, why would she ever just leave her under the bed collecting dust? It seriously breaks my heart. I'm like you, only with my stuffed animals. I WILL NEVER LEAVE THEM! :lmao:
I wish it was always like that, it was perfect! Aww thank you! Hahah I really was ecstatic. You're totally right! Disney magic. pixiedust:

I'm really late to the party, but I just found your TR this afternoon and read the whole thing! I really love all of the Full House moments! A friend of mine and I did the exact same thing in GF when we were at WDW in December! Crucial moments involving John Stamos and Disney... nothing is better!

I can't wait to read more!

You're not too late at all! I'm so glad you found the TR! Thank you so much!!!

Hahha, I had to with the Full House references. It's basically impossible for me to NOT think about it when I'm at the Grand Floridian! Hahah you're right about that. When were you there in December? I went in December too!

Thank you so much for joining in! Glad to have you! :goodvibes

Hi Marissa!

I just wanted to pop in and say that I am so gonna get caught up on your TR soon, but in the meantime I did finally get twitter and added you on there:goodvibes

I will definitely be back to comment on all the updates I missed while I was gone later on!

Hi Marissa!

I just wanted to pop in and say that I am so gonna get caught up on your TR soon, but in the meantime I did finally get twitter and added you on there:goodvibes

I will definitely be back to comment on all the updates I missed while I was gone later on!

Hey! Haha that's okay, take your time! I hope you had a great trip!

HOORAY FOR TWITTER!!!

The One Where It's Time to Light the Lights!

July 31, 2012

I just hope you’re ready for this, because it’s time to meet the Muppets!

SDC13036.jpg

SDC13037.jpg

I basically cracked up when I saw this, because it reminded me of that poor lady who spilled the paint in Danielle (danimaroo)'s TR. :lmao:

SDC13038.jpg

SDC13033.jpg

We headed into Muppet Vision, and the music loop was playing ‘I’m Gonna Always Love You’ from the Muppets Take Manhattan. I, of course, had to sing along, which caused various cast members to give me weird looks. Listen yall, if I worked there, you’d best believe I’d be singing along all the time! (When I worked at a grocery store in high school, I used to get down to those easy listening songs playing over the intercom! The no shame lifestyle has been in effect for years now.)

I’m just saying, if I worked there and heard someone singing along, I’d applaud them, not give them weird looks. Hahah! By the way, that would be an awesome job… hmm… :idea:

Let’s get back to the song…

“And I’m gonna learn to drive a car, gonna be a veterinarian too, and I’m gonna always love you.”

“MA MA DA DA BOOP BOOP SHE WA WA.”

You know, normal stuff.

There was dancing involved too.

There’s always dancing involved.

And if you’re silly and you don’t know what on earth this song is, I have provided a link for your viewing pleasure!

I'm Gonna Always Love You

That clip just makes me happy. Baby Rowlf is the cutest thing!

Next time you’re at Muppet Vision, listen for that song on the loop! It’s the best part in my opinion (besides ‘Movin’ Right Along’)!

On a “totally unrelated” note, did anyone ever watch Muppet Babies? That was the best show EVER!!! I miss it.

Ahem…

So we were in the Muppet Vision building!

I hadn’t been since my very first trip, and since that was over two years ago, I NEEDED to see it again! See, I adore the Muppets. ADORE. However, when I first saw this, I was just annoyed at how much of the show was about stupid 3D Waldo as opposed to the rest of the Muppets. You know, the Muppets that are actually Muppets and not random obnoxious 3D characters.

However, when I listened to the Muppet Vision soundtrack at home (because of course I have that) I learned that Waldo wasn't in it as much as I’d thought. That made me very happy. That made me very excited to go watch it again!

We got to watch most of the pre show too, which is basically an attraction in itself! I love it. I always want to wear my pink 3D glasses the whole time though… because they’re pink.

We watched the show, and it was noticeably more crowded than it had been the last time I’d seen it. The Muppets movie really helped bring the Muppets back into the spotlight, which I absolutely love! I must say, I enjoyed it so much more than I did the last time. I think it’s because I knew when Waldo would show up and it didn’t bother me as much. I absolutely love that attraction. It honestly cracks me up and it will definitely be a must do from now on! (You seriously don’t even know how much Waldo bothered me the first time around. I’m really passionate about my Muppets, OKAY?! :rotfl:)

After that genius show that never stoops to any cheap 3D tricks, we made our way back out into the bright sunlight.

I just love that building.

SDC13039.jpg

I also just love this fountain.

SDC13040.jpg

Jacob loves it as well.

SDC13725.jpg

While we were admiring the beauteous fountain, I just happened to notice Pizza Planet. It was just RIGHT THERE, right next to Muppet Vision. I mean, really though? On my December 2011 trip, we literally searched high and low for that place. Had we known that it was RIGHT NEXT to Muppet Vision, I’m thinking the search would have been easier. Goodness.

We didn’t really have our next destination in mind, so we just started wandering towards the front of the park.

Meanwhile, back at the homestead…

My dad and Anna were having a rather pleasant morning of their own! They were enjoying some pool time at the beautiful Bay Lake Tower pool.

Anna took these pictures on her iPhone.

Father dear enjoying the pool (even though it doesn’t appear that way).

376765_825030685049_1348362126_n.jpg

THE POOL ITSELF!

528666_825030645129_1755100105_n.jpg

391530_825031293829_1492208784_n.jpg

And a good time was had by all.

Meanwhile over.

On our way (towards the front of the park), we passed SCI FI!!!!

SDC13044.jpg

We went there on our very first trip (and we LOVED IT) but since the entrance was so crowded, we never got to take any car pictures! Well, there was literally nobody around this time since it wasn’t lunchtime yet!

Score.

PHOTO OP COMMENCE!

First up, Jacob.

SDC13045.jpg

Jacob was joined by mother.

SDC13046.jpg

I kicked them both out to get my own picture. (I’m such a sweetie.)

SDC13050.jpg

I had to hunch over. I'm too tall for that photo op.

I call this one ‘Jacob, through the window.’ Deep.

SDC13049.jpg

Enough of the car pictures though.

Oh, and do you know what’s right next to Sci Fi?

SDC13043.jpg

I feel like that’s good to know in case I ever want to stop at DHS and write something. :thumbsup2

We continued on our way to nowhere in particular. (HEY! We were merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily on our way to NOWHERE IN PARTICULAR!!! Special.)

While we were merrily strolling along, we saw THIS.

SDC13055.jpg

How beautiful is that? It’s so beautiful. (I took the picture sideways on purpose. I thought it would look cool? Oops.)

Have you noticed that I always seem to photograph anything and everything relating to this show?

It’s a reflex: If I see an ad featuring Josh Dallas and/or Once Upon A Time, I have to stare, gawk, and photograph.

I honestly don’t gawk over very many guys, but Josh Dallas is like in his own league of beautiful hotness. It’s a well known fact. Ginny Goodwin is a lucky girl…

OH MY GOSH! The second season premieres TONIGHT!!!! I promise I didn’t plan this, it is purely coincidental. AHHHH I’M EXCITED!

Movin’ right along (clearly still in the Muppet mindset)…

I always have to photograph Gertie.

SDC13056.jpg

I just think she’s cool. Although I do admit that I still don’t fully understand the presence of a large dinosaur in Hollywood…

I really like these stars.

SDC13057.jpg

We found ourselves going this way…

SDC13058.jpg

We didn’t stop there though. As much as I love and adore and basically obsess over the Little Mermaid, I do not like the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I know, it’s almost not possible. I just don’t. I think it’s rather lame and I don’t think anyone besides Jodi Benson should EVER sing ‘Part of Your World.’ I think as soon as Journey of the Little Mermaid opens in New Fantasyland (SO SOON OMG) that this should just turn into something else. And P.S., I know I will ADORE that ride. AHHH I CANNOT WAIT TO RIDE IT!!!

Okay. I really do apologize, this update is so sporadic.

Would we end up here?

SDC13059.jpg

Why, yes! Yes we would!

Continued in Next Update

When were you there in December? I went in December too!

I was there December 12-14th (painfully short, I know!) as a chaperone for a group of foreign exchange students. I've chaperoned this trip every year since 2009 and I love it! I'm hoping to go again this year, but it all depends on my job situation.

AHHHH! I love Muppets Take Manhattan! I found it on DVD for $5 at a grocery store a few years ago and it was basically the best day ever!

Muppet Vision is definitely a must do for me! I get what you mean about Waldo, though. But then I read that Muppet Vision was the last project that Jim Henson worked on before he passed away, and all was forgiven.

I think we share the same brain. I'm also not a VotLM fan! My big complaint is that the film quality is so poor. I mean, they've digitally remastered almost every Disney movie now, you'd think they could update the film in their own attractions.

(and WOAH! I've never been first to post after a TR update! I feel so cool. :cool2:)

Hey! Haha that's okay, take your time! I hope you had a great trip!

HOORAY FOR TWITTER!!!

It was an amazing trip! My boyfriend and I actually got engaged at Cinderella's Royal Table so I guess it was just destined to be an amazing trip, definitely one of the best ones ever:goodvibes

And the fun filled DHS day continues! You truly sound like a blast to be with!! I've only seen VotLM once and we were WAY off to the side so didn't really see much! I was going to do it again and try and be more in the middle but we shall see!

I'm all caught up on your TR now. Wooooohooo! I'm glad you update often. It is helping hold me over til my trip. I CAN. NOT. WAIT. Ahhhhhh!!!

I totally agree with you on the space used for Lights, Motors, Action... even though I am such a huge fan of Hollywood Studios in general and as a whole, I wish they would work as hard on some other things as they do with like Toy Story Mania and Tower of Terror... the potential is ENDLESS!!

I can't believe you saw a real live DEER. Jess and Kristen would fall over.

The cupcakes at Contempo look AMAZING. I have had them all on my list of things I must try for a long time. I don't know how I'm going to eat all these cupcakes I need to eat in 8 days, but I am going to make a valiant effort!

I was SO excited to meet them, yall. (When am I not excited about things though? I feel like I always say “I was so excited.” But it’s always true!!!!)

hahahaha ME TOO. I feel like I'm always trying to think of a new way to write about how excited I was, maybe a way to rephrase things, but it always just goes back to me being like yeah, I WAS SO EXCITED.

Great update Marissa! I used to love Muppet Babies too.

I have never done Muppetvision though, I'm not sure why! That's gonna be a must do for our trip in 12 days!!

A few answers- 1. Yes, I did see the Muppet Babies... Why was the lady's name "Nanny"? Did they not have a mother? Also, shouldn't they all have different mother's anyway? In which case, shouldn't she be a babysitter or teacher? Because I imagine Nannies come to one's home-- in this case they would all be at her house... right? So confusing.

2. I do not know why there is a dinosaur in the lagoon... it seems odd to me as well.... now- considering I've never really thought about it before.

Question- Did you check for the key under the mat at Muppet Vision? I knew about it the last time we went, but did not look because the line was moving too quickly.

I am so ready to meet the Muppets. :bitelip:

Muppets Take Manhattan used to be my absolute FAVORITE! Especially when they were babies. I mean, come on! That song was the best part EVER!!!! Baby Gonzo......awesome.

I miss Muppet Babies too. Used to be part of my daily viewing routine. Along with Gummy Bears......oh, and Wuzzles......

I was just thinking about the fact that OUAT premieres tonight! I'm soooo excited! Everyone knows! GGAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I know I will adore the Little Mermaid ride too. I basically love EVERY dark ride!

I can't ever get my family into the Muppet zone. They just aren't that into the Muppets, so I have only seen that attraction once and I had to listen to DD whine about it the whole time. It was our last day and we were all pretty tired.

Once Upon A time !!! I love it, too !! I can't wait to see tonight's season premiere - YAY !!!

My favorite sign in the whole place says, "Stay away from unsafe ladders"

Sage advice.

Writers Stop has the best carrot cake cookie sandwiches in this world. In this World!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Yay for an update! :cool1:

I love the Muppets area of DHS, but I've never been able to love the show as much as Philharmagic. The Muppets fountain is one of Disney's best though!

Such cute photos in front of Sci Fi! :thumbsup2

Loved your update. I think the Muppets are so fun and I love everything about that attraction - the queue and the actual 3D movie.

Love the youtube link you posted to the Moooooopets! :lmao: Love that song!

Awww, I love the Muppets! And Muppet Babies! I used to watch that all the time! :thumbsup2

Haha, I love the randomness of this update, it's all over the place, but in a good way! :rotfl2:

I'm not a big fan of the Voyage of the Little Mermaid either, I mean, I liked it, but I've never felt the need to see it more than once. It just seems like they could have done a lot more with it, you know? I cannot WAIT for the Little Mermaid ride in MK! :dance3:

Great update Marissa! You got some really good pictures, I love the ones with our family :goodvibes I hope you guys got into a drawing class! That is something we've really got to do one of these days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter