Oh, Just A Few GALLONS of Pixie Dust! - A July/August 2012 TR

The One With My Dear Friends

July 31, 2012

IT... WAS... TIME... to meet Woody and Buzz! I was SO excited to meet them, yall. (When am I not excited about things though? I feel like I always say “I was so excited.” But it’s always true!!!!)

Toy Story came out when I was in first grade and it’s been a part of my life since then! It will always be my favorite Pixar movie, not just because it was the first one, but because I truly think it’s the best. It’s the most special to me. I just have a very deep love for all things Toy Story. I have vivid memories of seeing the movie in theaters and my mom being worried that I’d be scared of Sid. I wasn’t scared of him, I just thought he was an oddball. HAHA.

When we entered the meet and greet building, we immediately saw scenes from Toy Story all over the place! It was awesome. If you’ve never met Buzz and Woody at DHS, you need to. Seriously.

We waited for about 25 minutes to meet them, but it didn’t feel long at all because literally every inch of the line is a photo op!

The first one was BUZZ’S SPACESHIP!!!

Okay, I love both Woody and Buzz. I really do. However, Buzz has a slight edge. I just think he’s awesome. He’s the best space ranger EVER, obviously.

Jacob was the only one remotely short enough to stand in Buzz’s spaceship.

SDC13019.jpg

Next we came upon…

THE CLAAAAAAWWWWW.

“The claw is our master. The claw chooses who will go and who will stay.”

“This is ludicrous.”

“Hey bozo, you got a brain in there?”

I’m getting off topic (ish) here.

I’m really good at quoting Toy Story, if you couldn’t tell.

Right, so the CLAW!!!

SDC13740.jpg

It’s just too scary to handle.

Suddenly we found ourselves stuck in Sid’s room! AHHH.

SDC13025.jpg

SDC13022.jpg

I had to take a picture of that guy. He always makes me laugh when he turns off Woody’s flashlight, and Woody proceeds to freak out.

Okay, now look at THIS.

SDC13023.jpg

Binford Tools!!!

It’s a reference to Tim Allen’s show Home Improvement! (Funny story, you know how I’ve mentioned Full House several thousand times in this TR? Well, apparently, when we were a lot younger, my sister and I would call Full House the ‘little girl show’ and we’d call Home Improvement the ‘little boy show.’ Because on Full House, they had all daughters, and on Home Improvement, they had all sons! Precious, right?)

I love Tim Allen. So much. Maybe that’s why I love Buzz so much. Or maybe I love Tim Allen because he was Buzz. I’m very conflicted. He was also Santa Claus.) I just thought it was awesome that they made that reference.

I apologize for the state of this update. It’s just all over the place. GOODNESS.

Since we’re going in story order, (because we ARE) the next thing we came upon was the rocket! “I just lit a rocket. Rockets explode!”

SDC13024.jpg

Ahhhhh, TOY STORY!!!

Then began the part of the queue dedicated to Toy Story 2! (In case you were wondering, there aren’t any TS3 references, at least that I saw. I’m guessing it’s because the meet and greet was established long before that movie came out.)

What happens at the VERY beginning of Toy Story 2? The video game!

Who’s in the video game?

ZURG.

IMG_3339.jpg

That picture makes me laugh. HAHA.

Ride like the wind, Bullseye!

SDC13026.jpg

“He’s mint in the box. Never been opened.”

IMG_3340.jpg

That was basically the end of the photo ops, or at least the ones we were interested in. The last one I remember seeing was the suitcase, which I don’t think is as obvious as the rest of them. Do you even know what I’m talking about? (If not… at the end of TS2, when they’re at the airport, Jessie and Bullseye are in one suitcase and there is an identical one that has camera equipment inside it. The toys don’t know which one to go after. Drama galore!)

Do you know what happens when the photo ops run out? MEET AND GREET TIME!

I wanted to get my own picture with my boys because I love them so much.

Literally the only reason I wore that shirt is because Buzz and Woody are on it. Seriously. I had to show them! I’m still in first grade.

(Jacob wore his 2010 shirt for the very same reason!)

They were so excited to see themselves on my shirt though, so it was a good choice. :thumbsup2 When we went in for hugs, Woody accidentally stepped on my foot. I mean, I was wearing flip flops, but it was cool.

It reminded me of the Brady Bunch when Marsha met Davy Jones (rest his soul) and he kissed her on the cheek. She said she’d never wash that cheek again. So for me, it was something like, “I’ll never let anyone step on my foot again! It will never compare to Woody stepping on my foot. NOT GOOD ENOUGH!”

I’m really strange.

Here are some pictures!

IMG_3341.jpg

See how I gaze at him??? I was star struck.

IMG_3342.jpg

IMG_3343.jpg

I decided to let them have some fun too. I’ll share. I guess. Whatever.

Unfortunately, we had to say goodbye to Woody and Buzz… but we’ll meet again someday!

We didn’t really have a destination in mind after that, but we knew we wanted to go see Muppet Vision, so we just decided to head in that direction!

On the way, we came upon some ginormous bottles of Coke.

SDC13027.jpg

IMG_3345.jpg

IMG_3346.jpg

Clearly, we’re fans.

I already have Cinderella on DVD, but I always love it when they release the classics!

SDC13028.jpg

Look, it’s some mermaid that isn’t Ariel! I’m not even sure why I cared enough to take a picture.

SDC13029.jpg

We passed through the Backlot Express, and I caught a glimpse of the ‘Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground thing’. I’d actually never seen it before, and I must say, if I hadn’t known what it was, I would have been REALLY confused.

SDC13030.jpg

While walking the streets of America, we came upon a sketchy area… so we made sure to “hang on to those purses and wallets, folks.”

SDC13031.jpg

I don’t know why, but I feel like that probably isn’t the most commonly photographed area of Walt Disney World. (IT SHOULD BE THOUGH! Hahah… jokes.)

SDC13032.jpg

San Francisco, yet another thing that reminds me of Full House. However, that particular ‘street’ reminds me of The Princess Diaries! Anyone? (I’m just full of references today.)

We turned a corner, and we suddenly came upon FOUR super stars!

SDC13034.jpg

Lightning and Mater were the first two! I think it’s awesome that you can ‘meet’ them even though technically they’re just there. My mom later said that ‘they were the most unfriendly characters we met.’ Thankfully, she was joking. At least they smiled for the picture! :lmao:

The next two super stars we saw were…

SDC13035.jpg

(No, surprisingly I’m not talking about the guy in the blue shirt. Although who knows, maybe he will be famous someday and I’ll sell this picture for a million dollars.)

Phineas and Ferb! Aren’t they special? We didn’t meet them though. The line was long, it was hot, and… we had made it to MUPPET VISION!

Continued in Next Update

Great update!! I love all the different movie & show references.

We've never met Woody & Buzz @ DHS. And I don't think I've ever seen pictures of inside the building until now. I really enjoyed all of the pictures!

Phineas & Ferb are on our "must meet" list for next week. Yep....that's right....NEXT WEEK!!! But, it feels better saying, "We arrive at Disney THIS FRIDAY!" :rotfl:

Wow, that meet and greet queue really is cool. I love how all the Toy Story scenes are really in-depth and you can catch a bunch of details. and I love Tim Allen, too, because he played Santa Claus, and that's one of my favorite Christmas movies. :goodvibes

Looks like you were running into lots of characters that day!

Ahh, I've never thought of that hill in reference to Princess Diaries but now that you mentioned it, I'll never look at it the same way again! :rotfl:

Great update, I love all the pics from the waiting area for Buzz and Woody! I have to meet them sometime, especially since the waiting area is like walking throught the movies, it looks so cool! :cool1: Hmm, I don't know who I like better, Buzz or Woody, they're both so great! :lovestruc I love Toy Story SO much! I have to watch all 3 movies before I go to Disney...in fact, I think I might save TS3 for packing day, that movie is probably one of my all time favorite Disney movies! I just love it! :banana:

I have to meet Phineas and Ferb too! Ugh, see, planning this next trip is SO hard! How am I going to ride TSM, get FP's AND meet Woody and Buzz AND Phineas and Ferb? It just doesn't seem possible!!! :crazy2:

Haha, I always think of Full House when I see the San Francisco scene too! And I LOVE the little nod to Binford tools! Disney is just so clever! :cool1:

OK, well now I am going to have to go into that meet and greet area because it is so cool looking! Love all your pictures before you even got to Woody and Buzz, especially the one of your brother strapped to the rocket. :rotfl: That's awesome.

I loved the first Toy Story movie better than all the rest, so I am really glad I waited until I got home to see all your pictures. What a great photo-op. 25 minutes surely doesn't seem long when you have all that stuff to photograph.

So, curious, how many times would you guess you watched Toy Story I. My kids were at that age where they would watch it over and over and over and I didn't care, because I loved it that much.

Another fun update!

It is either sad or awesome that I know every single reference you make!

We didn't wait for the Woody and Buzz meet and greet because the line was 45 minutes. Now I am kicking myself! I didn't realize I could have kept them busy with photo ops! We did meet Buzz at MK and danced with Woody, but that just isn't the same. Frowny face.

I didn't do Character M&G's on my last WDW so I never knew they had such themed lines! I definitely have to check it out!!

The Toy Story M&G area is too cute!! I love your pictures with all of the photo ops.

Yay for meeting P&F! Maybe this trip I'll actually be able to meet them and not just stand on their "set" haha!

I love Toy Story so much!!!! :love: I mean, I was pretty terrified of Sid! :rotfl2: You're brave!

I love your photo ops! That's so cute!

I have never been through the Toy Story meet & greet area! Kadence * my DH did while Sam and I rode TOT. I think it just went on my list!::yes::

P & F! YAY! One of our favorite meets last year!

My one complaint about Deluxe resorts (except for the monorail portion), is the fact that the buses are atrocious! They are so slow in coming and going. I would totally understand how someone's first trip could be a little marred by it.

Birds are trying to give you money?! It's a sign....of what I don't know.....but it's a sign nonetheless.....

Grrr. I hate people that can't be bothered to do anything that they're told to do. Seriously, just walk your lazy butt over to GR and exchange your ticket.

General rule of thumb. Never believe what posted wait times say at Disney. They're generally a deterrent so that people don't all hop in line. It's all a mind game!

OMG, Woody stepped on your foot with his huge cowboy boot? Ouch. LOL. You'll never wash your foot again.....

That street is like the Princess Diaries, when she's trying to drive her car and failing miserably.

Yay for an update !!! OK ... the fountain. Did you ever see the movie Splash ?? With Daryl Hannah and Tom Hanks ?? That fountain came from that movie !!!

Toy Story holds a special place in my heart. It was the very first movie my son watched all the way through when he was about 18 months or so. He LOVED Toy Story and we watched it day after day multiple times a day. And Toy Story 2 as well. Sweetness !!

Great update Marissa! I love all of your pop culture references! Isn't the TS M&G great? It's so cute. I call Maddie 'Stinky Pete' all the time (no one ever gets the reference) so I HAD to get the one of her in the Stinky Pete box.

I love that your mom and brother are getting into the picture taking too! I can never get my DH to participate willingly. :rotfl:

This TR installment has to go in the TR Installment Hall of Fame, which I'm sure exists somewhere on the Dis. I laughed SO much; and after the day I had, I needed it...so THANK YOU!

A few random comments...

Jacob is so stinkin' cute...I don't know which photo I like better, the spaceship or the rocket. :scratchin Decisions!

I LOVE the Claw photo...it should be framed...or used as your Christmas card...or BOTH!

If I could, I'd exist on Coca Cola and Twizzlers; so I guess that makes me a fan, too! :rotfl:

I literally LOL'd at "Look, it's some mermaid that isn't Ariel. I'm not even sure why I cared enough to take a picture." :rotfl2::lmao:

Yay! So glad you're back!

I love the Toy Story queue for the Meet and Greet. There's so much to do. To us, that was the longest line we waited in all week, but it was worth it to get to see Woody and Buzz!

It looks like you guys had a blast :)

Great update!! I love all the different movie & show references.

We've never met Woody & Buzz @ DHS. And I don't think I've ever seen pictures of inside the building until now. I really enjoyed all of the pictures!

Phineas & Ferb are on our "must meet" list for next week. Yep....that's right....NEXT WEEK!!! But, it feels better saying, "We arrive at Disney THIS FRIDAY!"

Thank you!!! I'm glad you enjoyed them haha.

Aww man! Thanks! You should definitely try to meet them if you get a chance! The meet and greet area is really a lot of fun!

AHHHHHH it's so exciting!!!!!!

Wow, that meet and greet queue really is cool. I love how all the Toy Story scenes are really in-depth and you can catch a bunch of details. and I love Tim Allen, too, because he played Santa Claus, and that's one of my favorite Christmas movies.

Looks like you were running into lots of characters that day!

Ahh, I've never thought of that hill in reference to Princess Diaries but now that you mentioned it, I'll never look at it the same way again!

It really is! Oh, they're awesome. Seriously. I didn't get a picture of this, but in one area there is the 'truck' scene (with the moving truck) when Buzz and Woody are in the rocket and they fly over the truck. The picture is from high above and you can see all the other toys in the truck! I thought that was awesome haha.

Tim Allen is awesome!!!

Hahah definitely. We're character magnets. I had to at least get photographic proof that we saw Phineas and Ferb, even if we didn't actually meet them.

Oops! I always think about that. Too funny.

Great update, I love all the pics from the waiting area for Buzz and Woody! I have to meet them sometime, especially since the waiting area is like walking throught the movies, it looks so cool! :cool1: Hmm, I don't know who I like better, Buzz or Woody, they're both so great! :lovestruc I love Toy Story SO much! I have to watch all 3 movies before I go to Disney...in fact, I think I might save TS3 for packing day, that movie is probably one of my all time favorite Disney movies! I just love it! :banana:

I have to meet Phineas and Ferb too! Ugh, see, planning this next trip is SO hard! How am I going to ride TSM, get FP's AND meet Woody and Buzz AND Phineas and Ferb? It just doesn't seem possible!!! :crazy2:

Haha, I always think of Full House when I see the San Francisco scene too! And I LOVE the little nod to Binford tools! Disney is just so clever! :cool1:

Thank you! I'm glad you liked them! It really is a cool meet and greet, all the way through! I understand! It's hard for me to pick a favorite, but I really do think Buzz has the edge for me. Hahah. He's had a lot of growth. :lmao: I love them all as well! I always ALWAYS do that. I always have to watch a BUNCH of Disney movies before a Disney trip, and I always save the Toy Stories for last (besides Little Mermaid and Tangled, of course)!!!!

I still have to meet them too! You can do it! I mean, my recommendation is to grab the Toy Story FP and ride as quickly as you can, and then IMMEDIATELY get in line to meet Woody and Buzz. It would probably be easier to wait for Phineas and Ferb in November too, when it isn't as hot out. You can do it!!!

I agree!

OK, well now I am going to have to go into that meet and greet area because it is so cool looking! Love all your pictures before you even got to Woody and Buzz, especially the one of your brother strapped to the rocket. :rotfl: That's awesome.

You really should! It's awesome and so much fun. Thank you! Hahah we had fun with those photo ops for sure!

I loved the first Toy Story movie better than all the rest, so I am really glad I waited until I got home to see all your pictures. What a great photo-op. 25 minutes surely doesn't seem long when you have all that stuff to photograph.

So, curious, how many times would you guess you watched Toy Story I. My kids were at that age where they would watch it over and over and over and I didn't care, because I loved it that much.

Another fun update!

I did too! It's still my very favorite, but I do love all of them. :love: Yeah, it made the time pass really quickly! It was great! It was worth it, for sure.

Oh gosh... I don't even know! SO many times. I still watch it all the time! It really is one of my all time favorites!

Thank you! It was a fun day!

It is either sad or awesome that I know every single reference you make!

We didn't wait for the Woody and Buzz meet and greet because the line was 45 minutes. Now I am kicking myself! I didn't realize I could have kept them busy with photo ops! We did meet Buzz at MK and danced with Woody, but that just isn't the same. Frowny face.

Welcome back!!!

If it's sad that you know them, then I guess it's sad that I know them too. So we'll go with AWESOME.

Aw! Well the good news is that you did get to meet them at least, right? AND, you can always do it next time! The beauty of Disney. :laughing:

I didn't do Character M&G's on my last WDW so I never knew they had such themed lines! I definitely have to check it out!!

I'm guessing most of them don't, but Woody and Buzz do for sure! I loved it! It's definitely worth a try!

The Toy Story M&G area is too cute!! I love your pictures with all of the photo ops.

Yay for meeting P&F! Maybe this trip I'll actually be able to meet them and not just stand on their "set" haha!

It really is! Thanks!

Aw, we didn't get to! I hope you get to though!

I love Toy Story so much!!!! :love: I mean, I was pretty terrified of Sid! :rotfl2: You're brave!

I love your photo ops! That's so cute!

Me too!!! Oh goodness. Hahah well what can I say, I was (and still am) a brave soul. :lmao:

Aw thanks! Hahah we had a lot of fun.

I have never been through the Toy Story meet & greet area! Kadence * my DH did while Sam and I rode TOT. I think it just went on my list!::yes::

P & F! YAY! One of our favorite meets last year!

Oh fun! Yall should definitely do it, I think Kadence would have a lot of fun with some of those photo ops! :rotfl:

I know, I really like them! Next time I'll actually meet them haha.

My one complaint about Deluxe resorts (except for the monorail portion), is the fact that the buses are atrocious! They are so slow in coming and going. I would totally understand how someone's first trip could be a little marred by it.

Birds are trying to give you money?! It's a sign....of what I don't know.....but it's a sign nonetheless.....

Grrr. I hate people that can't be bothered to do anything that they're told to do. Seriously, just walk your lazy butt over to GR and exchange your ticket.

General rule of thumb. Never believe what posted wait times say at Disney. They're generally a deterrent so that people don't all hop in line. It's all a mind game!

OMG, Woody stepped on your foot with his huge cowboy boot? Ouch. LOL. You'll never wash your foot again.....

That street is like the Princess Diaries, when she's trying to drive her car and failing miserably.

I totally agree. I mean, we only had extended waits twice (once on the way to DHS and once on the way back from it) but I still feel like each resort needs its own bus. It just makes sense.

IT IS A SIGN. We'll figure it out some day. :lmao:

I know! It was aggravating, let me tell you.

Yeah, definitely. Usually our experience has been that the time listed was 10 minutes more than the actual wait time... but I never expected a 45 minute gap! We were very happy about that hahah.

I feel like it hurt a little bit, but I mean, I didn't even care because I was honestly star struck. Like I said, I'm still 7 years old. Unfortunately I have washed my foot since then... multiple times... but nobody can ever take away the fact that he stepped on it! NOBODY!

YES! Hahah that's what I always think of! Thank you for being on the same page.

Yay for an update !!! OK ... the fountain. Did you ever see the movie Splash ?? With Daryl Hannah and Tom Hanks ?? That fountain came from that movie !!!

Toy Story holds a special place in my heart. It was the very first movie my son watched all the way through when he was about 18 months or so. He LOVED Toy Story and we watched it day after day multiple times a day. And Toy Story 2 as well. Sweetness !!

Haha thanks for being excited! Sorry I kept yall hanging so long!

No, I've never seen it! That explains so much haha! Thank you for letting me know!

Aww that's so cute! It's a great one! For me, that movie was Littler Mermaid. :love:

Great update Marissa! I love all of your pop culture references! Isn't the TS M&G great? It's so cute. I call Maddie 'Stinky Pete' all the time (no one ever gets the reference) so I HAD to get the one of her in the Stinky Pete box.

I love that your mom and brother are getting into the picture taking too! I can never get my DH to participate willingly. :rotfl:

Thank you! Haha I'm glad you enjoy them.

It's awesome! I'd say it's the best themed meet and greet, definitely! Aww haha. What a cute little Stinky Pete. :cutie:

Hahah! They were having a lot of fun! They were more than willing to pose and be silly.

This TR installment has to go in the TR Installment Hall of Fame, which I'm sure exists somewhere on the Dis. I laughed SO much; and after the day I had, I needed it...so THANK YOU!

A few random comments...

Jacob is so stinkin' cute...I don't know which photo I like better, the spaceship or the rocket. :scratchin Decisions!

I LOVE the Claw photo...it should be framed...or used as your Christmas card...or BOTH!

If I could, I'd exist on Coca Cola and Twizzlers; so I guess that makes me a fan, too! :rotfl:

I literally LOL'd at "Look, it's some mermaid that isn't Ariel. I'm not even sure why I cared enough to take a picture." :rotfl2::lmao:

NO, THANK YOU! You're so sweet! This comment should go in the Comment Hall of Fame!

He is! Hahah I think I like the rocket better. He was trying to be scared haha!

Oh gosh... well, I'm not sure it would exactly scream, "SEASONS GREETINGS!" but I'm sure I can use it somehow! :rotfl2:

Ahh, Coke. I haven't had any since Disney! Deprivation!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed that! Hahah, I really don't know why. I'm not really a mermaid fan, but I make a HUGE exception for Ariel and her undersea family. All the other mermaids out there are CREEPY. Have you SEEN the fourth Pirates movie? LORD HAVE MERCY!

Yay! So glad you're back!

I love the Toy Story queue for the Meet and Greet. There's so much to do. To us, that was the longest line we waited in all week, but it was worth it to get to see Woody and Buzz!

It looks like you guys had a blast :)

Hooray!!!

It's so awesome! I agree. It definitely is worth it. They were on the top of my list of character to meet, and the photo ops were a huge bonus!

We really did! More fun to come, too! :yay:

Yay, I'm not behind for once!

I remember going to see Toy Story in theaters with some friends as a birthday present. Woody was always my favorite but I could never get a toy of him, because what if I accidentally threw him away?? Or something where I forgot about him? I couldn't deal with the guilt! :rotfl: (I only JUST got my first Toy Story toy a few months ago - a Mr. Pricklepants).

The meet'n'greet looks cute! I think I'd like to watch their dance parties (at the ticketed parties) more, if only 'cause there's a little more going on? idk, idk I feel weird standing in long lines for meet'n'greets! Also I'm not very good at photo ops - dancing is a WHOLE other story though. ;)

Finally got all caught up with your trip report and I'm loving it the photos are brilliant, I hope wer're as lucky as you when we next go with the short queue for Toy story! The view from you room is totally amazing you just can't get enough of that! Looking forward to reading the rest xx

Yay! i am up to date on your report. Newbie here and you always have me laughing! Thanks for the awesome TR, and Pop Culture!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter