• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh, Just A Few GALLONS of Pixie Dust! - A July/August 2012 TR

I can't draw either. You did way better than I would have :lmao: I love going to Starring Rolls. I always get the grapefruit cake YUM YUM!!! Can't wait to go next year and get a slice.

Hey, you are a lefty?! So am I! Yay us, lefties are a lot cooler than righties. :cool2: If you are ridiculous, then I am ridiculous with you because I am bad at making those simple shapes too. The instructors make it sound so easy to draw a circle...maybe if I had a compass I could draw a decent one...haha!

Mmm, I could go for a cupcake right now. I never had the marble one, but that sure sounds a lot better than carrot cake. Bummer they got rid of it!

It could be easy to miss the Animation building, it does look a little nondescript.

In all of the time that I've been there, I have never taken the Animation Class. I'm hoping to remedy that on this upcoming trip. It was my dream for years to be an animator, and when I was a kid I used to submit my works to Disney. For real. It's shocking that I've never been in there before.

Don't worry about making excuses. It doesn't sound ridiculous. And drawing is something that's innate for a lot of people. There's only so much that can be taught.

I'm going to say Donald was supposed to be the Sorcerer's Apprentice, because he's my love, and it makes sense why he's all like "where's my hat!" in Philharmagic.

I'm still depressed about the Marble Cupcake. I'm crossing my fingers, but I'll get something else instead if it's not there.

Now, I am a fan of toffee, so I'm going to say that I would definitely enjoy the red velvet cupcake.

Mysterious sentence? Whatever does that mean?! :goodvibes

I've never been to the Animation Building either! Weird right?? I'd love to go, though! It looks like tons of fun!

I'm not a lefty, but I have like 5 friends from high school who are, and I know they always have such a hard time in math class when we had to draw graphs with pencils! :rotfl: I really shouldn't laugh because I don't know what it's like, but they were just too funny!

YUM cupcake!!!!! Those other treats look delcious as well!!!

I can't draw either. You did way better than I would have :lmao: I love going to Starring Rolls. I always get the grapefruit cake YUM YUM!!! Can't wait to go next year and get a slice.

Hahah, you understand me. I mean, I might be able to draw freehand, I used to be able to! I feel like you might do better than you think you would!

It's such a cute little place! Oh wow, I definitely didn't even see grapefruit cake! I think I was just focused on the cupcakes. This may be a silly question, but if I don't like grapefruit, do you think it's at all possible that I'd like that cake?

Hey, you are a lefty?! So am I! Yay us, lefties are a lot cooler than righties. :cool2: If you are ridiculous, then I am ridiculous with you because I am bad at making those simple shapes too. The instructors make it sound so easy to draw a circle...maybe if I had a compass I could draw a decent one...haha!

Mmm, I could go for a cupcake right now. I never had the marble one, but that sure sounds a lot better than carrot cake. Bummer they got rid of it!

I am!! YAY!!! Let's form a club. Hahah maybe it's a lefty thing? I mean, I doubt it, but you never know! Seriously, they should give us compasses. Those animators make it look so ridiculously easy.

Me too! It looked so good, I was sad for Jacob that he couldn't get it. He'd been talking about it for months. (Seriously.) :( The carrot cake one just seems unnecessary to me because you can get those little carrot cakes at pretty much any CS place, ya know?

It could be easy to miss the Animation building, it does look a little nondescript.

In all of the time that I've been there, I have never taken the Animation Class. I'm hoping to remedy that on this upcoming trip. It was my dream for years to be an animator, and when I was a kid I used to submit my works to Disney. For real. It's shocking that I've never been in there before.

Don't worry about making excuses. It doesn't sound ridiculous. And drawing is something that's innate for a lot of people. There's only so much that can be taught.

I'm going to say Donald was supposed to be the Sorcerer's Apprentice, because he's my love, and it makes sense why he's all like "where's my hat!" in Philharmagic.

I'm still depressed about the Marble Cupcake. I'm crossing my fingers, but I'll get something else instead if it's not there.

Now, I am a fan of toffee, so I'm going to say that I would definitely enjoy the red velvet cupcake.

Mysterious sentence? Whatever does that mean?! :goodvibes

Yeah! It's just tucked away in that little corner. I'm glad we finally paid it a visit!

Oh my gosh! First of all, that's really cute. :cutie: Secondly, you should totally go to one of the classes! You'd probably be a natural. Of course, I say that, and I used to draw all the time when I was a kid too, so... who knows? :laughing:

Haha, funny you should say that. Basically what I said in the paragraph above this one haha! That's why it kinda bothered me that I was not that great at it. Silly me.

I totally thought the answer would be Donald too! That would make a lot of sense, wouldn't it? But no, it wasn't Donald. :(

Yeah, it's definitely a bummer. The red velvet might be worth a shot for you! Or you could go to the Contempo Cafe because those are the best!

:rotfl: Right now, it doesn't mean too much. My mom and I have been talking about some stuff and stuff... but nothing yet. ;)

I've never been to the Animation Building either! Weird right?? I'd love to go, though! It looks like tons of fun!

I'm not a lefty, but I have like 5 friends from high school who are, and I know they always have such a hard time in math class when we had to draw graphs with pencils! :rotfl: I really shouldn't laugh because I don't know what it's like, but they were just too funny!

YUM cupcake!!!!! Those other treats look delcious as well!!!

You really should! It's a really cool place. It's almost like a hidden gem, even though it's not really hidden. I don't know. :laughing:

Oh my gosh, seriously. It's the worst. Actually, the WORST is trying to write on a dry-erase board! You have to hold the marker in a weird way so you won't erase what you just wrote with your hand, but then it looks bad because you're holding the marker a weird way... ugh, lefty problems. :lmao:

It was good! Nothing beats my lovely Contempo cupcake though! We all enjoyed our treats!

When we did the drawing class, we drew Stitch. My turned out to look like a scary troll! I think Kadence's looked better than mine! Us rightys have our problems too!:rotfl:It was fun, and I'd do it again.

Don't knock the carrot cake!:p I LOVE carrot cake, it was my wedding cake flavor! But then again, marble and red velvet are equally yum!

I love all the details everywhere in Disney!

I'd love to do the drawing class, but I can't draw either. I'd probably 'forget' to take a photo of my drawing for the TR. :rotfl: My little brother is left handed, and actually a really good artist, and he's spent his life with dark pencil smudges all over the side of his hand.

I love that Jacob was so excited to see the characters! Every time we've been i the animation building we've seen Sorcerer Mickey and Pooh. No one else. :sad1: I would have been so excited to see the Incredibles!

Using Stop # 11 on another trip perhaps? Spill it. I can't handle the suspense.

Sounds like you had a lot of fun in DHS!

I'm with you on the whole carrot cake thing, I do like me some carrot cake, but the marble cupcake sounds so much better!

I'm guessing the answer is Pluto lol

Ooh suspense, spill please!

When we did the drawing class, we drew Stitch. My turned out to look like a scary troll! I think Kadence's looked better than mine! Us rightys have our problems too!:rotfl:It was fun, and I'd do it again.

Don't knock the carrot cake!:p I LOVE carrot cake, it was my wedding cake flavor! But then again, marble and red velvet are equally yum!

I love all the details everywhere in Disney!

Hahah I'm sure it wasn't that bad! I think we should both try to redeem ourselves with another drawing class. :lmao:

Ahh I'm sorry! I've just never liked it, but believe me, I've attempted! Cake in general is just the best... ahhhhhh. :love:

Me too! They make it that much more special.

I'd love to do the drawing class, but I can't draw either. I'd probably 'forget' to take a photo of my drawing for the TR. :rotfl: My little brother is left handed, and actually a really good artist, and he's spent his life with dark pencil smudges all over the side of his hand.

I love that Jacob was so excited to see the characters! Every time we've been i the animation building we've seen Sorcerer Mickey and Pooh. No one else. :sad1: I would have been so excited to see the Incredibles!

Using Stop # 11 on another trip perhaps? Spill it. I can't handle the suspense.

You should! See, I used to be able to. I'm slightly bitter I guess haha. Your brother is awesome then! Those pencil smudges, I tell ya... they're super annoying. :laughing:

He loves his Disney friends! :thumbsup2 Aw, well if you go to the drawing class you'll probably see them! As far as I remember, they were right there next to it, with Mickey and Pooh below. AND, I'm pretty sure Pooh is gone now because Wreck-it Ralph is going to be there now!

Okay, so I probably shouldn't have even said that because I promise, there is unfortunately nothing to spill. There have just been conversations had, that's it. :laughing: I just really like getting my hopes up apparently.

Sounds like you had a lot of fun in DHS!

I'm with you on the whole carrot cake thing, I do like me some carrot cake, but the marble cupcake sounds so much better!

I'm guessing the answer is Pluto lol

Ooh suspense, spill please!

Definitely!!

I just can't make myself like it! I don't know why. Oh well. Jacob was definitely bummed about that, but at least he enjoyed his eclair. :thumbsup2

It wasn't Pluto! :( It's pretty tricky!

I would if there was anything to spill! I actually had to go back and edit that because it was misleading, I'm sorry!

From one lefty to another, I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I had the hardest time learning how NOT to drag my hand across the paper in school!

But look at it this way: if the left hand controls the right side of the brain, then leftys are the only people in their right mind!

Get it??? :rotfl::lmao:

I can't wait for the cupcake crawl I have planned for our trip (in FOUR days!). I actually like carrot cake, but I wouldn't waste a Disney cupcake choice on a carrot cake cupcake!

I always go into the Animation Building because I love meeting Sorcerer Mickey, but I've never done the drawing class! I'm quite possibly the worst artist ever, and even though it's just for fun, I like to not feel like a Disney failure. That said, your Sorcerer Mickey is WAAAAAY better than anything I could do!

Oh man, everything from Starring Rolls looks so good! That's sad about the marble cupcake though.

Also, I love all of your seemingly random pictures of miscellaneous (or should I say mouse-cellaneous? :lmao:) pictures of things around Disney. They're things I notice when I'm there, but I forget about when I go home. You notice everything!

DH and I did the Animation Academy drawing class once. We drew Bolt, who is not one of my favorites. I love the movie but I was really hoping to draw a princess princess: so next time we go I think I'm going to request it!

From one lefty to another, I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I had the hardest time learning how NOT to drag my hand across the paper in school!

But look at it this way: if the left hand controls the right side of the brain, then leftys are the only people in their right mind!

Get it??? :rotfl::lmao:

I can't wait for the cupcake crawl I have planned for our trip (in FOUR days!). I actually like carrot cake, but I wouldn't waste a Disney cupcake choice on a carrot cake cupcake!

YAY, another lefty! Clearly, we're the best. Hahha I still do it, unfortunately. Any other way is really uncomfortable for me when it comes to holding the pen.

Hahha yes! Perfect!!!

That is going to be fantastic! Yeah, I don't blame you! Remember: CONTEMPO!!! :woohoo:

I always go into the Animation Building because I love meeting Sorcerer Mickey, but I've never done the drawing class! I'm quite possibly the worst artist ever, and even though it's just for fun, I like to not feel like a Disney failure. That said, your Sorcerer Mickey is WAAAAAY better than anything I could do!

Oh man, everything from Starring Rolls looks so good! That's sad about the marble cupcake though.

Also, I love all of your seemingly random pictures of miscellaneous (or should I say mouse-cellaneous? :lmao:) pictures of things around Disney. They're things I notice when I'm there, but I forget about when I go home. You notice everything!

You should definitely try it out some day! I totally get it, I wanted my Mickey to be perfect! Haha thank you, but you never know! If you follow the directions closely, yours could be great as well.

It was really good! I know, I felt bad for him! He really enjoyed his eclair though, and it was a new thing for him, so he was satisfied. :thumbsup2

Aww thank you! Yeah, I've always been really observant and I like to remember everything about it! That way I can pretend I'm there. :laughing:

DH and I did the Animation Academy drawing class once. We drew Bolt, who is not one of my favorites. I love the movie but I was really hoping to draw a princess princess: so next time we go I think I'm going to request it!

Wow, Bolt? That seems random! The movie is good, but it never got to be as popular as a lot of the other movies, so it's surprising to me that yall drew him. Was it around the time of his movie? Usually I don't hear of people drawing princesses, but I'd love to draw one of them! That would be awesome. You should definitely put a request in!

"Brave (love), Tangled Ever After (adore), Wreck-it Ralph (can’t wait for), and Monsters University! Could that wall BE any more awesome? I think not."

Chandler Bing, much?! Hahaha!

I have heard so much about the animation studios, but I never seem to find time to go in. Plus, I didn't know that they had character meet and greet's either... Bad DIS-er, bad!!! Guess I need to take care of that on this next trip!

I'm going to guess Donald for Sorcerer's Apprentice, but I feel like I could be wrong... :confused3

"Brave (love), Tangled Ever After (adore), Wreck-it Ralph (can’t wait for), and Monsters University! Could that wall BE any more awesome? I think not."

Chandler Bing, much?! Hahaha!

I have heard so much about the animation studios, but I never seem to find time to go in. Plus, I didn't know that they had character meet and greet's either... Bad DIS-er, bad!!! Guess I need to take care of that on this next trip!

I'm going to guess Donald for Sorcerer's Apprentice, but I feel like I could be wrong... :confused3

Yes! Hahah Chandler Bing is the best ever. :yay:

Well goodness, you should go check it out on your trip! I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed the stuff there and I didn't even see the whole thing!

I thought the answer was Donald at first, too. But no. :(

At least your Sorcerer Mickey actually resembles him, I'm sure mine would end up looking like a toad or something. I seriously can't draw for my life!!

Oh my God that cupcake. I can't believe I will be there in 17 days!! I have to disagree on the toffee, I think it makes the cupcake practically perfect in every way! But I really wanna try the ones at Contempo too. So many cupcakes, so little time.

Those soda machines are one of my favorite little details of Disney. It's just one of those things I've always loved. Hollywood Studios is so perfect.

At least your Sorcerer Mickey actually resembles him, I'm sure mine would end up looking like a toad or something. I seriously can't draw for my life!!

Oh my God that cupcake. I can't believe I will be there in 17 days!! I have to disagree on the toffee, I think it makes the cupcake practically perfect in every way! But I really wanna try the ones at Contempo too. So many cupcakes, so little time.

Those soda machines are one of my favorite little details of Disney. It's just one of those things I've always loved. Hollywood Studios is so perfect.

Hahah well, maybe you'll get to draw him and then you can prove yourself wrong. :cheer2:

It was so good! Aw, that's okay. It was my first time having toffee (I know, right?) and I guess I'm just not a fan! I didn't pick it off though, don't worry. I hope you make it over to CR because oh my goodness. OH MY GOODNESS.

I agree! I mean, usually people don't refer to soda machines as 'cute.' It's one of the millions of things I love about Disney. :laughing:

I just love the drawing class !! This is my element !! The kids always get discouraged and give up. And I really wish they would try harder. I agree that having an eraser up your sleeve wouldn't hurt anything ....

Okay, when I tweeted to you last night, I was half way through, just caught up and now I have the Muppet Babies theme song stuck in my head!! hahahaha!!! Loved that show...

The Contemporary looks amazing!! Thanks for all the pics! LOVE that you can see Magic Kingdom so well from your room. That would make for an awesome trip.

We ate at Le Cellier for the first time in August and I totally agree with your review. It was sooo goood. Not sure if we will eat there again next year, but I will miss it if we don't. Delish.

I think I ate six different cupcakes when we were there, but I will have to try the ones at the Contemporary. Oddly enough, one of the best ones I had was a Cappucino cupcake at Pizza Planet at DHS!! They were sold out of Butterfinger cupcakes at Starring Rolls, so we did have the red Velvet. It was good.

Can't wait to read more! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter