Official WDW Marathon Weekend 2013 Thread-Part 2

I will be SCREAM TEAMING it all the way from Massachusetts! I WISH I was there with you. I HOPE I will be next year!

:cool1:

Sunny

buckeyecinderella said:
On plane but delayed at gate. A tire needs changed!

Still debating what to run in. Temps look even higher for Sunday now. Should I stay with my tried and true compression crops or shorts I haven't warn to run in any distance over a 10 k.

We are in the terminal looking at your plane (I am assuming you are on SW). Hope you get off the ground soon! We are delayed for at least 30 min now too! I almost always wear compression shorts or capris but am going with cooler Nike Tempo shorts this time.

Still debating what to run in. Temps look even higher for Sunday now. Should I stay with my tried and true compression crops or shorts I haven't warn to run in any distance over a 10 k.

I'm having the same issue. I think I'm going to go with the shorts and just bodyglide the heck out of my thighs. I'd rather risk a little chafing the next day than be overheated! Also debating tank vs t-shirt but leaning t-shirt. Damn this weather!! And damn still being at work, consumed by thoughts of the race. We fly down early tomorrow morning.

jimandami said:
We are in the terminal looking at your plane (I am assuming you are on SW). Hope you get off the ground soon! We are delayed for at least 30 min now too! I almost always wear compression shorts or capris but am going with cooler Nike Tempo shorts this time.

How funny! Yes, that's the plane! If this continues much longer, I'll get off the plane and wait. I'm hoping we will leave by 3:30. But we are still waiting for the mechanics. Just had to cancel my dining reservation. What time is your flight?

Oh I think I might see mechanics here now. Hopefully!

buckeyecinderella said:
How funny! Yes, that's the plane! If this continues much longer, I'll get off the plane and wait. I'm hoping we will leave by 3:30. But we are still waiting for the mechanics. Just had to cancel my dining reservation. What time is your flight?

Oh I think I might see mechanics here now. Hopefully!

We are actually sitting here debating whether to ask if we can get on your flight when it leaves. I see the truck out there now. We were supposed to leave at 4:30 but now it says 5:05. Sorry about your ADR...at least it wasn't credit card hold!

Expo and registration was really busy. I had a rough time at race relations because I wanted to see if I could move up. I was put in G. Race relations told me that I qualify to move up but there were no F stickers. :( I politely asked if I could get an E sticker and I would step back the to F. She told me she wasn't allowed to do that. She said F, G, H are the same anyway. Not to me!! I was upset. My brother in law took my stuff upstairs to Goofy and within moments I was E! Be persistent.

We are actually sitting here debating whether to ask if we can get on your flight when it leaves. I see the truck out there now. We were supposed to leave at 4:30 but now it says 5:05. Sorry about your ADR...at least it wasn't credit card hold!

I asked if I could board when buckeyecinderellas group got back on. Significant upgrade fee (as I assumed). Not worth it
Hope our delay isn't too bad.

Cruz91 said:
I asked if I could board when buckeyecinderellas group got back on. Significant upgrade fee (as I assumed). Not worth it

Good to know! I hope so too...mostly because I don't want to stay up late!

Would like some opinions on when to leave if staying offsite. Last year we were at CBR so the buses were easy to the half. This year we are on 192 near mile marker 13. Will leaving at around 330 and taking 536 in be sufficient for the half tomorrow?

With all the flu news, anyone else sequestering in their rooms between now and Sunday? I might change my reservations and just do take out. I was thinking about doing a ride or two, but now I'll wait until Sunday.

Went to the runDisney meet up today and had a great time!! They gave out cotton shirts instead of tech so our run this morning was a bit toasty. I won a pair of the Minnie shoes. Apparently, if I understood correctly, they will only be available at expos. They only made 1000 and underestimated the demand. They did sell out yesterday and they overnight 50 pairs that were set aside for the Tink expo. Crazy!

Merch was super slim pickings by the time I got to the expo around 12:30-1. I'm so glad I sent DH yesterday to get the goods. Expo was also CRAZY busy with hardly any room to move.

Overall so far so good, and the meet up was amazing!

What part of the parking lot does the full run through? I saw a medical tent set up in unicorn and thought maybe my family could cheer there instead of the front area. Is this possible?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I just saw this on run Disney fb page. Good reminder.

MARATHON WEEKEND HEAT ADVISORY

JANUARY 11
12:00:00
Due to warmer weather than anticipated, we encourage all participants to closely monitor their pace and not to over extend. This may not be the weekend for your personal best time.

We encourage you to be well-hydrated prior to the race and maintain fluid status with alternating water and electrolyte based hydration options throughout your race and the entire race weekend.

Slow down and ask for assistance at any and early signs of heat illness. Heed these warnings seriously. Please review the marathon program for more details, and if at any time you require medical assistance, the medical staff can be found wearing green jackets and official black medical staff shirts.

I'm a little superstitious, so won't buy any 20th anniversary gear at the expo. Is there a shop at the finish line? Won't need much, just a T-shirt or something.

With all the flu news, anyone else sequestering in their rooms between now and Sunday? I might change my reservations and just do take out. I was thinking about doing a ride or two, but now I'll wait until Sunday.

Me! Seems everyone came sick to work Wed and have been feeling blah so spent the last 2 and will spend tomorrow 99% home watching movies and staying away from society :) I haven't gotten worse so hope after another nyquil drugged sleep I feel ready to run Sunday!

-em

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter