• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official WDW Marathon Weekend 2013 Thread-Part 2

Any tips for drying out a pair of sneakers? We had a soggy run last night (my favorite) and when I checked them just now they're still pretty damp. I have an old pair I can wear for our 5 miles tonight but they won't get me through the 16 on Saturday! I stuck some paper towels in them last night but it didn't seem to do much. :confused3

I am 4211 for the full.

I can't remember the estimated finish time I submitted, but I think my proof of time was a 1:03 10K ...

This is fun! 29 days until I fly south for the race!

DH and I are 2566 and 2616 for full, which I am guessing is B. I have a 10K time of 48:42, which I will take to the Expo on the off chance it moves me up to A.

Any tips for drying out a pair of sneakers? We had a soggy run last night (my favorite) and when I checked them just now they're still pretty damp. I have an old pair I can wear for our 5 miles tonight but they won't get me through the 16 on Saturday! I stuck some paper towels in them last night but it didn't seem to do much. :confused3

My dryer has an insert that let's you sit something on it stationary, while the air spins around it. That worked well for me. Otherwise, just make sure they don't get too hot. They make ski boot insert dryers that aren't too expensive.

Stuffing your wet shoes with newspapers is the way to go. DO NOT put them in a dryer. The heat will break down your shoes more quickly. Stuff them with dry newspaper, and keep changing out the wet paper with dry paper. If you do it enough, they should be relatively dry by morning.

I have heard stuffing newspaper in them works well.

Stuffing your wet shoes with newspapers is the way to go. DO NOT put them in a dryer. The heat will break down your shoes more quickly. Stuff them with dry newspaper, and keep changing out the wet paper with dry paper. If you do it enough, they should be relatively dry by morning.

Yeah, I agree with the newspaper method. Here's how my local running store told me to do it:

Take out the insoles. Stuff newspaper into the shoes for 1 hour.
Take that newspaper out and replace it with new newspaper. Leave it in for 2-3 hours.
Take that newspaper out and replace it with new newspaper. Leave it in overnight.

I've done this a couple of times and it works pretty well. :thumbsup2

I'm #25344 for Goofy. I submitted a 2:28:50 half time.

Last year I did the half and was in corral C, and the marathon relay and was in corral D, both with that same submitted half time.

:)

I've done the newspaper thing and it works great! Definitely take out the insoles first.

I'm only adding people to the list who posted in THIS thread to make it easy on myself. ;) If I make any mistakes with your numbers, just let me know!

Bibs added up to here. :thumbsup2

liznboys said:
I'm only adding people to the list who posted in THIS thread to make it easy on myself. ;) If I make any mistakes with your numbers, just let me know!

Bibs added up to here. :thumbsup2

Can you also add my 5K Bib #1910 and my DS's 5K Bib #1318?

Thanks!

Here's my numbers:
Bib: 24572 for Goofy
Submitted time for 2:10 for the 2012 Donald.
Jon

Stuff with newspaper. Do not dry in a machine

It just dawned on me the kids' races would be up, too. Just printed DD's bib #/waiver for the 100m. She's pretty excited.

40771 for me for the half. Submitted a 50:30 10k run as proof of time.
Wife is 45580 for the half. She had a 1:15 proof of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter