Official WDW Marathon Weekend 2013 Thread-Part 2

Thanks for the link Charles.....Have you happen to see the dates of the 2014 race yet?

Jan 9-12, 2014

:thumbsup2 Almost always the weekend prior to MLK weekend

I knew the route had changed from previous years when I had done it so I was curious to take a look at a detailed map and I must say, I like the route. Four of the final 6 miles are pretty exciting and interesting.

I like the changes. It gives folks something new to look for in the race. I may have a hard timing thinking I am not at mile 20 as we pass World Drive (mile 16 on the new version). I think the loop through WWoS at the end of the out and back will be refreshing and better mentally that a straight out and back.

For those who were looking for details on the food/water stops, here's the text from the race program:

A total of 21 Dasani water and PowerAde stops will be located along the course. All stops offer water and lemon-lime PowerAde. There will be four food stops located along the course. Chiquita bananas will be available at Mile 11.5 and Mile 18.3. Clif products will be distributed at Mile 15.4 and Mile 19.4. Sponges will be provided at Mile 17.1, and candy will be available at Mile 22.5.​

...[snip]...
I like the changes. It gives folks something new to look for in the race. I may have a hard timing thinking I am not at mile 20 as we pass World Drive (mile 16 on the new version). I think the loop through WWoS at the end of the out and back will be refreshing and better mentally that a straight out and back.

:worship: I'm disappointed in some of the changes but I LOVE them breaking up that out-and-back.

I am so anxious for my doctor's appointment tomorrow! I keep searching knee diagrams to try to figure out what the pain is. (I am such a hypochondriac and try not to get too worried) From the diagrams, it looks like I might have pes anserine bursitis. I have tenderness to the touch in that area and it feels like a bruise (without the visable bruise). One of the causes is running and moving your feet outwards, which I think I do....

I could use pixie dust for tomorrow! I'm freaking out! I will probably warn the doctor I will probably be hysterical if he tells me to stop running and that I can't do the marathon.

I am so anxious for my doctor's appointment tomorrow! I keep searching knee diagrams to try to figure out what the pain is. (I am such a hypochondriac and try not to get too worried) From the diagrams, it looks like I might have pes anserine bursitis. I have tenderness to the touch in that area and it feels like a bruise (without the visable bruise). One of the causes is running and moving your feet outwards, which I think I do....

I could use pixie dust for tomorrow! I'm freaking out! I will probably warn the doctor I will probably be hysterical if he tells me to stop running and that I can't do the marathon.

Best thing to do is take a deep breath and point to where the pain is and explain when and how it hurts. The doc will twist and bend the knee; you may even wonder what the heck they are doing with some of the exam moves. Fairly sure you will hear the term runner's knee - even if it is something else - during the first visit.

Good Luck tomorrow. It is always a little frightening to head to an ortho this late in the training season.

Just an FYI, it may seem longer than a marathon because I see two areas that can lengthen it: in front of Moracco, it does a loop around the planters and in future world, it does a mini loop in the middle area.

I swear the newest version of MMRun has bugs. MMrun maps will always measure long since the tangents are different. It does not help that the software loops planters and the like in the parks.

Well, in every race I've done there has always been a 5 in the bib number. Every Disney race has started with a 5....and the marathon is no different. Here's hoping that's my good luck charm!

Thanks coach for your advice about the doctor, I'm trying not to worry!

Can some one tell me or post a link to the form so I can pick up my son's packet?

Got our waviers!
He's 727 and me...5000

I'm 23846 and my brother is 29233...both for Goofy. And I am 2886 for the 5K.

Last year I was 5606 for the marathon, which put me in Corral D. Take what you will from that. ;) But there's not guarantee that the numbers will match up this year like they did last year.

I'm hoping they will post the corrals like they did with the Wine & Dine Half.

Can some one tell me or post a link to the form so I can pick up my son's packet?

Got our waviers!
He's 727 and me...5000

They also need to post the Packet Pick-up Authorization form, which you'll need to pick up your son's stuff. I'm picking up my brother's stuff so I am waiting for that form as well :surfweb:

Ariel484 said:
They also need to post the Packet Pick-up Authorization form, which you'll need to pick up your son's stuff. I'm picking up my brother's stuff so I am waiting for that form as well :surfweb:

9826 for 5K

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter