OFFICIAL The Pirates League Thread

I apologize if this has been asked before. We are coming to Disney next month and booked the Pirates League for my DS. Does anyone know what Disney charges for a Jack Sparrow costume if we buy it there? I'm trying to decide if we should buy one there or buy it ahead of time. Thanks!

How strict are they about the age limit? Will they ask for any kind of proof of age?

I have two boys one is 5 and the other is almost 3, he will be about a month shy of 3 years old during our trip. If I book the Pirates League for one, I have to book for the other.

Just wondering what my options are.

Thanks!

How strict are they about the age limit? Will they ask for any kind of proof of age?

I have two boys one is 5 and the other is almost 3, he will be about a month shy of 3 years old during our trip. If I book the Pirates League for one, I have to book for the other.

Just wondering what my options are.

Thanks!

They are strict about the limit due to the type of makeup they use.

I apologize if this has been asked before. We are coming to Disney next month and booked the Pirates League for my DS. Does anyone know what Disney charges for a Jack Sparrow costume if we buy it there? I'm trying to decide if we should buy one there or buy it ahead of time. Thanks!

When I worked there (a year ago) it was around $55.

What all is involved in Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial? Is this something the kids can participate in, or is it just a stage show?

Since we can't do Pirates League, I'm thinking we will bring our own Pirate Gear and try to do this instead.

What all is involved in Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial? Is this something the kids can participate in, or is it just a stage show?

Since we can't do Pirates League, I'm thinking we will bring our own Pirate Gear and try to do this instead.

They will select kids from the audience for participation. The PL parade is just after 4pm and ends at a tutorial, so that one will be crowded. I would go to an earlier show for a better chance at being picked. Good luck!

We had a fantastic time at the Pirate's League last week. Jack loved it.

876732579547e201c111z.jpg

We went to meet Wendy and Peter Pan right afterwards and had a great meeting with them:

876552304772a7bced59z.jpg

87655312438d22136c8dz.jpg

And after that ran into Gaston who was hilarious:

87683549684fbf0103d7z.jpg

We are going to MNSSHP on the 20th and I was thinking DS would enjoy the Pirate League. Let him dress up as Jake. He will have turned 3 just 4 days before. Called and the latest appointment is 1:15 pm. I booked it. Do they stay open later during the mnsshp? When would I be able to call and change our time?

We are going to MNSSHP on the 20th and I was thinking DS would enjoy the Pirate League. Let him dress up as Jake. He will have turned 3 just 4 days before. Called and the latest appointment is 1:15 pm. I booked it. Do they stay open later during the mnsshp? When would I be able to call and change our time?

They may extend the hours for MNSSHP nights, but that probably won't be announced until August.

Thats a LONG day for a wee one on a party night-- and you have to use a park ticket too.
When we went they opened up appointments after 4pm.
I would call and ask them to check later times-- the person is probably only looking until 3pm

We are planning a big trip next May for our 10th wedding anniversary. After our stay in the park we are taking the cruise. A few year ago we took our son to the PL and he loved it. We want to do the same for this trip and want to get a costume for him for the cruise. I have a few questions.
1) Do they still have the bone pirate costume? If not what do they have like it?
2) Does anyone know the sizes? He would be a XL kids.
3) What do they have in the way for adult costumes?
I am trying to decide if I need to order him a costume for the cruise or get him one there.
Thanks
Sean

Thats a LONG day for a wee one on a party night-- and you have to use a park ticket too.
When we went they opened up appointments after 4pm.
I would call and ask them to check later times-- the person is probably only looking until 3pm

they have definitely not opened later times as of yet.

My kids did the mermaid and Jake makeovers at the PL on our most recent trip a little over two weeks ago and they loved their experience there! The CMs were awesome and very much into character. My kids also liked their private visit to the secret hideaway at the end, very neat. The makeovers and overall experience was definitely worth it to us.

We are planning a big trip next May for our 10th wedding anniversary. After our stay in the park we are taking the cruise. A few year ago we took our son to the PL and he loved it. We want to do the same for this trip and want to get a costume for him for the cruise. I have a few questions.
1) Do they still have the bone pirate costume? If not what do they have like it?
2) Does anyone know the sizes? He would be a XL kids.
3) What do they have in the way for adult costumes?
I am trying to decide if I need to order him a costume for the cruise or get him one there.
Thanks
Sean

If you are doing a cruise on the Disney Fantasy, you could also do PL on board the day of the pirates party. We did this last August with on of ours, and was highly enjoyable.

I apologize if this has been asked as this is a big thread but I was wondering prepayment/cancellation policy?

I apologize if this has been asked as this is a big thread but I was wondering prepayment/cancellation policy?

Reservations require a credit card hold, but nothing is charged unless you don't show up. You can pay with a different form of payment (like gift cards) after your makeover. If you need to cancel, you should do it at least 24 hours prior to the appointment. Failure to cancel before the 24 hour mark could result in the no show charge of $10 per reservation. Also, most people tip (though it is not required) the person who does the makeover. I gave our pirate masters $5 each in cash, but paid for the makeovers with gift cards.

I just read on the Disney Parks Blog on Facebook, about the Mermaid Deluxe package that includes all of the original mermaid package plus a mermaid t-shirt and tutu. Wonder if they have adult sizes too....

Also Jake deluxe package that includes a t-shirt.

Anyone have pricing and size info?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter