Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random question for you experts out there. We are going to be doing the shows for the first time. My DS is terrified of Darth Maul. In the Ray Park show(s), does the character show up at all?

Just want to be prepared if I need to warn him.

FYI - another use magic bands, my kids believe that the scary characters can't see them if they have a magic band on. LOL. Whatever helps!!

Random question for you experts out there. We are going to be doing the shows for the first time. My DS is terrified of Darth Maul. In the Ray Park show(s), does the character show up at all?

Just want to be prepared if I need to warn him.

FYI - another use magic bands, my kids believe that the scary characters can't see them if they have a magic band on. LOL. Whatever helps!!
yes, he makes an appearance toward the beginning of the show. Just for a couple of minutes, then he leaves
Look at minute 2:15 of this video

My autograph books came on Sat and I couldn't look at them until this morning. They are so cute thanks to the great DISigners! I put their fav characters on the back and a background page with each autograph page for pics later. I also included a few of the journal pages so they can write notes. View attachment 90991 View attachment 90992View attachment 90994

Those are pretty cool. One day I would like to do a trip without characters and signatures. But my kids are still young and love meeting and getting autographs. The past few years we have done plain pillow cases and quilt squares that my mother used to make some awesome quilts. Well Grandma decided they needed pillow cases that went with the quilts she made so now we are doing pillow cases with themed fabric (star wars for my son and Minnie mouse for my daughter) with their names embroidered with the Disney font. She dropped them off and gave them to my kids yesterday. So now it looks like I will be in character lines once again. Its amazing what we do for our kids. I am guessing I will now end up in the DIS chewy line on day one again...

Question....The first day of SWW, May 15, will there be any "extra" events or additional "extra" characters on that day due to the fact that its the first day or will it be the same as all the other weekends

Has Ian McDiarmid ever been to SWW in the past? I don't recall. know he's not signing but hoping for good show. Ray Parks has been so entertaining, we are spoiled lol.

Question....The first day of SWW, May 15, will there be any "extra" events or additional "extra" characters on that day due to the fact that its the first day or will it be the same as all the other weekends
we were there last year for the first day and didn't see anything 'extra' (we were there for the whole weekend). Note I'd love for someone to correct me and say that there is something special going on :-)

Kenny the Pirate has the Chipawoks coming out at 8:30 am on his site (last year info?) - I'm hoping they come out that early again this year! Also never did figure out if I'd be able to tell which SWW info was updated for 2015 (we'll be there for the first weekend) - I know he'll be there updating the first day but how will I know which times / schedules have been updated from the 2014 info?

No, it's pretty much the same every weekend
Has Ian McDiarmid ever been to SWW in the past? I don't recall. know he's not signing but hoping for good show. Ray Parks has been so entertaining, we are spoiled lol.
He's never been to SWW

we were there last year for the first day and didn't see anything 'extra' (we were there for the whole weekend). Note I'd love for someone to correct me and say that there is something special going on :-)

Kenny the Pirate has the Chipawoks coming out at 8:30 am on his site (last year info?) - I'm hoping they come out that early again this year! Also never did figure out if I'd be able to tell which SWW info was updated for 2015 (we'll be there for the first weekend) - I know he'll be there updating the first day but how will I know which times / schedules have been updated from the 2014 info?
Like I've said before no one knows 100% of entertainment schedule, the same thing he'll be doing that first Friday is what I'll be doing, going from spot to spot asking CMs for tentative times. I'll be posting all thru out the day, it might be directly to this thread or I might text @Itinkso and she'll do me the favor of posting here.
I am trying to get a tentative schedule ahead of time (some inside sources) and if they come thru then I'll post it here.
Last year the Chipwoks came out at 9am and sometimes earlier

Last edited:
Here is my plan for Saturday, June 13th. It'll be our only day for DHS/SWW, and I'm trying to find a balance with rides/shows without running back & forth all over the park. Bold Items are ADR's/FP+, rides are negotiable depending on Meet & Greet schedule. No RnR or ToT this time since DS9 is not a fan of either. Any thoughts/suggestions? How does it look?

Bring Breakfast/Snacks to eat while waiting in line
Arrive EARLY - FP for Meet & Greets (Not sure who yet, depends who DS9 decides he wants to meet)
Stormtroopers at the Gate
Jedi Training Academy Sign Ups (ABC Sound Studio) - 6:30pm Show/1st Choice
The Great Movie Ride
Toy Story Mania FP+ (8:25-9:25am)
FtF Premium Package - Check in @ Min & Bills Dockside Diner @ 10am (Sign up for SotS reserved seating)
Legends of the Force Celebrity Motorcade (10:30-11:30am)
Star Tours FP+ (11:40am-12:40pm)

Muppet Vision 3D
Sci-Fi Dine In Theater - 12:45pm
One Man's Dream? Disney Animation? LMM (2:10)?
Stars of the Saga (3:15pm) - Use FtF PP Reserved Seating
Down Time/Shopping
A Conversation with Frank Oz FP+ (4:50-5:05pm) 5:15pm Show
Jedi Training Academy - 6:30pm
Jedi Mickey STAR WARS Dine @ H&V - 7:20pm
Symphony in the Stars (SW Dessert Party 8:45pm) - 9:30pm
Fantasmic! - 10:30pm

Dinner & dessert party being so close together is going to be a lot of food, but I'm ok with that. Haha.

the most random thing happened yesterday. I asked my MIL to help me make a Princess Leia belt. I haven't been able to find any separate from a full costume, except really expensive ones on etsy. So she went to the craft store to get what she needed, and when she came out she saw that there was a Halloween store in the same plaza. So she goes in and asks if they have any belts, and the woman points her to several boxes of random pieces that have been separated from costumes. And there in the box was a Princess Leia belt. $9.99

My MIL has the most amazing shopping karma. I mean, why is a Halloween store even open in April? *lol*

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter