Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my plan for Saturday, June 13th. It'll be our only day for DHS/SWW, and I'm trying to find a balance with rides/shows without running back & forth all over the park. Bold Items are ADR's/FP+, rides are negotiable depending on Meet & Greet schedule. No RnR or ToT this time since DS9 is not a fan of either. Any thoughts/suggestions? How does it look?

Bring Breakfast/Snacks to eat while waiting in line
Arrive EARLY - FP for Meet & Greets (Not sure who yet, depends who DS9 decides he wants to meet)
Stormtroopers at the Gate
Jedi Training Academy Sign Ups (ABC Sound Studio) - 6:30pm Show/1st Choice
The Great Movie Ride
Toy Story Mania FP+ (8:25-9:25am)
FtF Premium Package - Check in @ Min & Bills Dockside Diner @ 10am
(Sign up for SotS reserved seating)
Legends of the Force Celebrity Motorcade (10:30-11:30am)
Star Tours FP+ (11:40am-12:40pm)

Muppet Vision 3D
Sci-Fi Dine In Theater - 12:45pm
One Man's Dream? Disney Animation? LMM (2:10)?
Stars of the Saga (3:15pm) - Use FtF PP Reserved Seating
Down Time/Shopping
A Conversation with Frank Oz FP+ (4:50-5:05pm) 5:15pm Show
Jedi Training Academy - 6:30pm
Jedi Mickey STAR WARS Dine @ H&V - 7:20pm
Symphony in the Stars (SW Dessert Party 8:45pm) - 9:30pm
Fantasmic! - 10:30pm

Dinner & dessert party being so close together is going to be a lot of food, but I'm ok with that. Haha.
You have to remember to leave some time for the celebrity fp...we don't know the schedules for those but I could give you an idea based on last years times depending on the actor.
Sign up for JTA during SWW is at Indiana Jones, once you enter the park stay on your left and you will see signs for the sign up
Between SotS and Frank Oz you will only have 50 minutes
the rest looks good. I always recommend that if JTA is a high priority you should try and schedule in the morning, early afternoon, chances of rain goes up as the day progresses.

the most random thing happened yesterday. I asked my MIL to help me make a Princess Leia belt. I haven't been able to find any separate from a full costume, except really expensive ones on etsy. So she went to the craft store to get what she needed, and when she came out she saw that there was a Halloween store in the same plaza. So she goes in and asks if they have any belts, and the woman points her to several boxes of random pieces that have been separated from costumes. And there in the box was a Princess Leia belt. $9.99

My MIL has the most amazing shopping karma. I mean, why is a Halloween store even open in April? *lol*
That's awesome, we went to an all year open Halloween store on International Dr. to find my DD black leather gloves for her Sabine, we didn't find the exact ones she needed but we modified them and it looks pretty cool.

You have to remember to leave some time for the celebrity fp...we don't know the schedules for those but I could give you an idea based on last years times depending on the actor.

Ok, I figured I'd have to switch some things around and/or cut something for the Celebrity FP.

Sign up for JTA during SWW is at Indiana Jones, once you enter the park stay on your left and you will see signs for the sign up

I had no idea, thanks for that info!!

Between SotS and Frank Oz you will only have 50 minutes

I plan to use that time to do some shopping, grab a drink/snack, or just relax between the shows. Will see how we feel at that point.

the rest looks good. I always recommend that if JTA is a high priority you should try and schedule in the morning, early afternoon, chances of rain goes up as the day progresses.

For my DS9, Toy Story is a higher priority for him, and for the sake of my sanity in planning this day, I'll take my chances with the weather. Haha. All good.

Thanks so much for your input & help!!

Kenny the Pirate has the Chipawoks coming out at 8:30 am on his site (last year info?) - I'm hoping they come out that early again this year! Also never did figure out if I'd be able to tell which SWW info was updated for 2015 (we'll be there for the first weekend) - I know he'll be there updating the first day but how will I know which times / schedules have been updated from the 2014 info?
At the top of KtP's character locator, there is an updated date (right now it reads "updated for the week of April 27 - May 2"). He will be there the first day of SWW to verify/update info from last year, but right now (and until the first day of SWW), treat everything as unofficial.

How does this look for an itinerary?

June 13:

7:45 - Storm the Gates
8:00 - Galactic Breakfast
9:35-10:35 - TSMM FP
10:00 - FTF Sign in (hope to get SotS)
11:00 - Parade
12:25-1:25 - Star Tours FP
1:00 - D-Tech Me Appt/Maul browsing
Lunch - QS/snacks undecided possibly Ackbar Snackbar in the Maul?
2:50 - SotS (FtF FP if still available.)
4:00-4:30 Rebel Hangar Snack
4:50 - Frank Oz FP
6:25 - Jedi Mickey
8:30 - Star Wars Fireworks Dessert Party
10:30 - Fantasmic

June 14:

8:05 - Be Our Guest Breakfast
9:00 - 7DMT from BoG Rope
9:00 - 10:45 Other popular MK rides with shorter lines (HM, BtMRR, Splash, JC, Space, Speedway, Dumbo)
11:00 Take bus to HS
11:35-12:35 - ToT FP
12:50-1:50 - RnRC FP
1:30 - 50's Prime Time Lunch
2:50 - SotS FP - (we'll cancel if we get it on the previous day and probably swap it out for Star Tours)
5:00 - Rebel Hangar Drinks
8:30 - O'hana Dinner

Good Monday to you all... I hope everyone's planning is going stellar.... It's hard for me to grasp that my fiance and I, along with all the other whom signed up for it, will be at the GG event right now in just 16 days!!!

I think I have my two weekends pretty planned out... Here's weekend 1 and 2 for us.

Friday May 15th
6AM Be at park to get Celebrity FP (maybe earlier if we can move our buns)
845-945AM TZToT FP
930AM - FtF SW Premium Package Checkin
(ask for Beyond the Force Rebels Passes)
1220PM 50's Prime Time Cafe ADR
145PM IF we got the passed go to "Beyond the Force Rebels" Show
315PM Preshow & Stars Of the Saga FP
455-555PM Star Tours FP
6PM Jedi Mickey's SW Dine @ H&V ADRs
845PM check in for FtF Fireworks and desert party!

Saturday May 16th
Stay at resort getting costumes together!
845AM be inline to check in for Marching in the Parade :)
11AM get goose bumps as the parade starts, try not to cry tears of joy!
After parade leave park, take a shower at AKL! :joker: cause you know we are gonna melt!:yay:
2PM Le Cellier ADR for Late Lunch
Check out EPCOT Flower and Garden Event
Return to DHS for evening
530-630PM TSMM FP
630-730PM TZToT FP
730-830PM Star Tours FP
8PM Find Yulilin, give her a hug while she enjoys her FtF package, YEAH!
After finding Yulilin check out what other DISers are doing at the Yulilin Cantina site!

Sunday May 17th
810-910AM R'n'R FP
910-1010AM TZToT FP
10 Go to Backlot Express, hope the Rebel Hanger area doesn't mess things up and hang our with Yulilin and other DISers :)
1025-1125AM Star Tours FP (if we are chatting with DISers still might skip this)
Head back over to EPCOT and check out the last day of the Flower and Garden Festival
605PM Flying Fish ADRs
Go to EPCOT and check out the last of the Garden and Flower Event OR got back to resort and relax!!!

Friday May 22nd
After parade leave park, take a shower at AKL! :joker: cause you know we are gonna melt! :yay:
2PM Kona Cafe ADR for Late Lunch
Head over to MK for 24 hours event and stay as long as we can stand it!
350-450PM Haunter Mansion FP
455-55PM Space Mountain
705PM Artist Point ADR for Late Dinner
1125-1225AM Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Saturday May 23rd
8AM SW Dine-In Galactic SciFi Breakfast ADR
925-1025AM R'n'R FP
10AM Check into FtF DELUXE Package (woot woot)
1120-1220PM Star Tours FP
145PM Behind the Force show Deluxe FP
315PM Pre Show & Stars of the Saga Deluxe FP
515PM Ewok Tale Deluxe FP
620-720PM TZToT FP
710PM Brown Derby ADR
(we are skipping the JAT show to eat dinner!)
830PM Checkin for FtF Deluxe Fireworks and desert party!

Sunday May 24th
OR stay in bed! after 24 MK and Saturday's Deluxe FtF package schedule, we are gonna be tired!
Hang out at DHS in the morning
10 Go to Backlot Express, hope the Rebel Hanger area doesn't mess things up and hang our with Yulilin and other DISers :)
Head over to EPCOT
1240-140PM Meet Disney Pals FP
205-305PM Spaceship Earth FP
330-430PM Soarin' FP
5PM Chef de France ADR
7-715PM Checkin for Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party for EPCOT Fireworks show

Now that you read all of this why did I show you stuff that wasn't in DHS or SWW related!? Because if you have a hopper pass you can totally mix it up! We did this last year during our one long weekend "2014 SWW Quickie" as we called it. We were only there Thursday - Monday last year, stayed at BWI and hopped between EPCOT and DHS our whole visit, and it worked out super well. Mind you my Fiance and I are very mobile people, and using the boat between the two was extra helpful!

We have a car this year, so we are spreading out a little more, still most of the weekend will be at DHS but hopefully we can mix it up well this year too! I will be sure to keep you posted as to how successful we are this year in my trip report :)

*** pssst did anyone notice that in this post my BF became my fiance? He asked me the Wednesday before we left for SWC, and of course I said YES!!!! ***

edit: spelling errors and typo corrections

Last edited:
How does this look for an itinerary?

June 13:

7:45 - Storm the Gates
8:00 - Galactic Breakfast
9:35-10:35 - TSMM FP
10:00 - FTF Sign in (hope to get SotS)
11:00 - Parade
12:25-1:25 - Star Tours FP
1:00 - D-Tech Me Appt/Maul browsing
Lunch - QS/snacks undecided possibly Ackbar Snackbar in the Maul?
2:50 - SotS (FtF FP if still available.)
4:00-4:30 Rebel Hangar Snack
4:50 - Frank Oz FP
6:25 - Jedi Mickey
8:30 - Star Wars Fireworks Dessert Party
10:30 - Fantasmic

June 14:

8:05 - Be Our Guest Breakfast
9:00 - 7DMT from BoG Rope
9:00 - 10:45 Other popular MK rides with shorter lines (HM, BtMRR, Splash, JC, Space, Speedway, Dumbo)
11:00 Take bus to HS
11:35-12:35 - ToT FP
12:50-1:50 - RnRC FP
1:30 - 50's Prime Time Lunch
2:50 - SotS FP - (we'll cancel if we get it on the previous day and probably swap it out for Star Tours)
5:00 - Rebel Hangar Drinks
8:30 - O'hana Dinner

Just a far warning last year Acbar Snack bar was cupcakes, prezzles and popcorn with fun drinks... I am not sure there was any "REAL" food, @yulilin3 can you confirm?!

Good Monday to you all... I hope everyone's planning is going stellar.... It's hard for me to grasp that my fiance and I, along with all the other whom signed up for it, will be at the GG event right now in just 16 days!!!

I think I have my two weekends pretty planned out... Here's weekend 1 and 2 for us.

Friday May 15th
845-945AM TZToT FP
455-555PM Star Tours FP

Saturday May 16th
After parade leave park, get changes and shower at AKL! :joker: cause you know we are gonna melt!:yay:
530-630PM TSMM FP
630-730PM TZToT FP
730-830PM Star Tours FP
After finding Yulilin check out what other DISers are doing at the Yulilin Cantina site!

Sunday May 17th
810-910AM R'n'R FP
910-1010AM TZToT FP
1025-1125AM Star Tours FP (if we are chatting with DISers still might skip this)
Head back over to EPCOT and check out the last day of the Flower and Garden Festival
605PM Flying Fish ADRs
Go to EPCOT and check out the last of the Garden and Flower Event OR got back to resort and relax!!!

Friday May 22nd
After parade leave park, get changes and shower at AKL! :joker: cause you know we are gonna melt! :yay:
455-55PM Space Mountain

Saturday May 23rd
925-1025AM R'n'R FP
620-720PM TZToT FP
710PM Brown Derby ADR

Sunday May 24th
OR stay in bed! after 24 MK and Saturday's Deluxe FtF package schedule, we are gonna be tired!
Head over to EPCOT
330-430PM Soarin' FP
5PM Chef de France ADR
7-715PM Checkin for Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party for EPCOT Fireworks show

Now that you read all of this why did I show you stuff that wasn't in DHS or SWW related!? Because if you have a hopper pass you can totally mix it up! We did this last year during our one long weekend "2014 SWW Quickie" as we called it. We were only there Thursday - Monday last year, stayed at BWI and hopped between EPCOT and DHS our whole visit, and it worked out super well. Mind you my Fiance and I are very mobile people, and using the boat between the two was extra helpful!

We have a car this year, so we are spreading out a little more, still most of the weekend will be at DHS but hopefully we can mix it up well this year too! I will be sure to keep you posted as to how successful we are this year in my trip report :)

*** pssst did anyone notice that in this post my BF because my fiance? He asked me the Wednesday before we left for SWC, and of course I said YES!!!! ***
Remember the meet is after the parade, so around 11:30am
I hope you are not a sympathetic crier cause as soon as I see you and your DBF I'll be crying...so don't look in my direction :D

Remember the meet is after the parade, so around 11:30am
I hope you are not a sympathetic crier cause as soon as I see you and your DBF I'll be crying...so don't look in my direction :D

Ok, then you have to throw hankies at me :P

Depending on how the herd us out of there will depend if I can get back into the park after parade, not sure how much time we will have or how things are going to run. That's why I planned to make sure I caught up with DISers and you at other times just to make sure :)

Friday May 15th
845-945AM TZToT FP
455-555PM Star Tours FP

Saturday May 16th
After parade leave park, take a shower at AKL! :joker: cause you know we are gonna melt!:yay:
530-630PM TSMM FP
630-730PM TZToT FP
730-830PM Star Tours FP

Sunday May 17th
810-910AM R'n'R FP
910-1010AM TZToT FP
605PM Flying Fish ADRs

Friday May 22nd
After parade leave park, take a shower at AKL! :joker: cause you know we are gonna melt! :yay:
455-55PM Space Mountain

Saturday May 23rd
925-1025AM R'n'R FP
620-720PM TZToT FP
710PM Brown Derby ADR

Sunday May 24th
Head over to EPCOT
330-430PM Soarin' FP
5PM Chef de France ADR

*** pssst did anyone notice that in this post my BF because my fiance? He asked me the Wednesday before we left for SWC, and of course I said YES!!!! ***

Congratulations!!! That is awesome!!

I'll probably watch the parade on Saturdays and on Sunday I'll grab a table at Backlot Express early, before the parade comes thru. If they don't block it off for the Hangar

Congrats! :flower1:

Congratulations!! What a way to kick off your upcoming vacations!

Between getting things scheduled for this trip, excursion planning for our DCL Baltic cruise in July and that pesky work thing that keeps getting in the way, I am so not ready for ADRs for Wine and Dine or SW Half Marathon research. Haven't even booked a room to wine and dine! Yikes!

Sunrise Student - congrats!!!

seems to be many fans of her universe gear here. Just noticed lots of it (and other SW clothing) on thinkgeek website. Picked up a tshirt 60% off!

I usually only buy stuff from thinkgeek around Xmas, so that could be a ciontributing issue but find they are a bit slow as to shipping. I'd like to think i'll have my shirt by 5/15 but keep it in mind if ordering & make sure to dig for coupons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter