Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations!! What a way to kick off your upcoming vacations!

Between getting things scheduled for this trip, excursion planning for our DCL Baltic cruise in July and that pesky work thing that keeps getting in the way, I am so not ready for ADRs for Wine and Dine or SW Half Marathon research. Haven't even booked a room to wine and dine! Yikes!

You and me both. I'm trying to decide if I want free dining for for and wine half. By the time I decide it will be sold out.

Between getting things scheduled for this trip, excursion planning for our DCL Baltic cruise in July and that pesky work thing that keeps getting in the way, I am so not ready for ADRs for Wine and Dine or SW Half Marathon research. Haven't even booked a room to wine and dine! Yikes!

I can understand that... I have already been driven into wedding planning, next year is going to be super busy... Wedding in March, SWW and return family trip in October for Food and Wine. Head is spinning just thinking about it. While working and check out the boards I am waiting for the wedding consultant at our hopefully remote beach location wedding to get back with me and say yes we have your date open! Send much pixie dust please and well wishes.... I am on pins and needles....

Not sure if this was posted earlier? Looks like maybe the Rebels Lounge is listed as the Oasis Canteen? Looks to be only drinks & a variety of funnelcakes.

Good Monday to you all... I hope everyone's planning is going stellar.... It's hard for me to grasp that my fiance and I, along with all the other whom signed up for it, will be at the GG event right now in just 16 days!!!

*** pssst did anyone notice that in this post my BF because my fiance? He asked me the Wednesday before we left for SWC, and of course I said YES!!!! ***

I saw the first mention of fiancé and was wondering if I had missed an announcement! Congrats and best wishes to you both!

We haven't booked our W&D room yet either! I am so behind! I need to get on it! Have to decide if we're splurging on the resort for our adults only trip or if we should stick with a mod since I'm hoping to do GSC as well.

You and me both. I'm trying to decide if I want free dining for for and wine half. By the time I decide it will be sold out.

Free dining is the bane of my existence!

We haven't booked our W&D room yet either! I am so behind! I need to get on it! Have to decide if we're splurging on the resort for our adults only trip or if we should stick with a mod since I'm hoping to do GSC as well. Free dining is the bane of my existence![/QUOTE said:
Me too. We were thinking maybe the counter service at a value, we usually ended up getting sick from over eating at the table services when we had it before.

But I get caught up in all the excitement, even though for us a room discount would make more sense.

I can understand that... I have already been driven into wedding planning, next year is going to be super busy... Wedding in March, SWW and return family trip in October for Food and Wine. Head is spinning just thinking about it. While working and check out the boards I am waiting for the wedding consultant at our hopefully remote beach location wedding to get back with me and say yes we have your date open! Send much pixie dust please and well wishes.... I am on pins and needles....
should I be holding my breath waiting for a wedding invite? :-)

I'm thinking Not but once you see us waving frantically and screaming at you in the parade the 1st Saturday I'm sure you'll feel a strong need to invite us :-) Just kidding you obviously!

It's hard for me to grasp that my fiance and I, along with all the other whom signed up for it, will be at the GG event right now in just 16 days!!!

Saturday May 16th

Stay at resort getting costumes together!
845AM be inline to check in for Marching in the Parade :)
11AM get goose bumps as the parade starts, try not to cry tears of joy!

CONGRATS for the first BOLD part above, and I love the second BOLD part. :)

Just a far warning last year Acbar Snack bar was cupcakes, prezzles and popcorn with fun drinks... I am not sure there was any "REAL" food, @yulilin3 can you confirm?!

Did this start last year? I don't remember seeing it in 2013 back when it was still over by RnRc and TOT. I'd be interested in what they have though. Nothing like a shopping concession stand :)

I booked through RD the day before regular registration opened and some were already full. But, they did give me a great discount. Might be worth looking at that vs. free dining if you haven't yet. Especially with food and wine happening, I try to stay ADR light! Also, if you have the Disney visa remember RD room only still counts as a package for the 6 months 0% promotion since sports discounts go through the Walt Disney ticket company. It is helping me also plan for marathon weekend in January without feeling too overwhelmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter