Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
did they do this at SWC in the past if anyone knows? Im looking at you @The Sunrise Student :) Hopefully will get to say hi in Anaheim

Hi Coluk003, this is my first SWC... BUT I also know from what I am being told by others whom have gone in the past this is the first time Disney has been this heavily involved in SWC . New Ownership and all. D-TECH has always been a Disney thing...

Looked at the calendar and schedules, nothing about D-TECH for SWC Anaheim.

I was told by another source (sorry can't even say who) that there will be something big at SWW, it sounds like it'll be linked to SWW itself and not the announcement of SW land (this already was hinted in 2013 during a D23 event http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/...13-d23-expo-imagineers-hint-at-whats-to-come/ )
So it sounds like a new show, or celebrity or experience. I don't want to speculate

Curious - I wonder if it's just an upgraded "Feel the Force" event like Frozen's holiday event last year (Rout the Rebellion!) or something more substantial like a hard ticket event... (ooh, that'd be fun!)

Phew. I finally finished all 227 pages. I have no idea why I didn't think to look for this thread sooner. So much great information.

This will be my first SWW. It's actually kind of an accident I'm even going to be there. I decided about a month ago to make this trip. I was just looking for a good crowd weekend to go between Spring Break and Memorial Day for Flower & Garden. Then I realized SWW and F&G overlap. Score!

I'll admit though, I'm finding planning for this to be a real challenge. Ok, partly because we're just guessing on the details right now. But also because for me "planning" means minimizing lines. And that's just not happening here. I just have to keep telling myself it'll be worth it. :-)

Next, my husband wants to do some kind of animator studios tour at HS (not sw related). Do you know what he might be referring to and where it is?

TIA!

The only other thing I can think of is there is lunch or dinner with an Animator. You get to pay a price and join no more than 11 other folks for a lunch/dinner chat. I know lunch is at Brown Derby and Dinner is at Artist point if I recall correctly. I did it years back and it was ok but nothing I'd go out of way to do Again.

:surfweb: Checking in a little late today, apparently I have some catching up to do. I think a screening would be a cool major announcement, but I have a feeling it will be more along the lines of the name change like someone else said.

Question - if I go right to Chewie at Rope Drop, how long will that likely take? If I go from there to Vader what would that line likely look like?

If the parade really is at 11:00, I want to stake out our spots at 9:00. Will I have time to do anything after Chewie? Maybe Star Tours?

Question - if I go right to Chewie at Rope Drop, how long will that likely take?
If you quickly head to Chewie's line as soon as the Trooper show ends, factor in up to 30 minutes especially because you are there the 1st weekend. Chewie comes out right at 8:00. You may have time for Star Tours.

How late,typically, does chewie stay out for?. I was hoping to get him at RD but with a 8:10 breakfast im not so sure now

I hope that is right. My take on a major announcement in duisney's eyes is simply a name change. They think little things like that is the greatest thing in the world where most would think. Mmmhh. So so.

Now a Star Wars section is major in my eyes. In disney's eyes it's stroke out major!

All I'm saying what they think is huge is mostly so so to others.

Oh boy a Star Wars land would be awesome though. Pixar place I can care less about cause it won't be a cars land cause like others have said it will take away from California.

I so agree with you! The marketing team is going all out with the exclamation points......yesterday the Disney retail Stores had their 28th anniversary sale....email blasts every day this week told you that there would be a big deal gift for the first 28 guests to make a purchase....the fact that there were only 28 made a LOT of people think it was gonna be a biggie......guess what the BIG GIFT was? A plastic bag with Disney designs in most of the stores, and a Disney plastic toy in some others. Woo. I am so glad I didn't go stand in the mall for an hour to be "first", lol.

Maybe they really are going to have Harrison there....wheelchair won't work for a broken pelvis, so maybe a rolling hospital bed......ummm...I need to stop there as this is a PG rated forum.

I also figured the SW land would not be announced until D23....gotta give all those paying for membership something to feel it was worth the price. Though gotta say, announcements that 5 minutes later are plastered all over the Internet just don't do it for me, lol.

I am now very much glad I just requested off every weekend from my boss. My boss is not happy because it means Monday to Thursday will be long days for me.

Sometimes it is good to be one's own boss.

Yes, but it is wonderful to work for such a kind, generous and understanding boss. :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter