Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is totally off-topic but Monykalyn mentioned Minecraft videos the other day (yes, my son watches Sethbling incessantly). So I thought some of you might find this entertaining. It's my son's latest Minecraft parody song (yes, that's a thing too).

My son has unusual music tastes for a 12-year old, best enjoyed if your music tastes run to the 70s/80s.

What the flim flam! I have this set up for alerts and haven't had any trouble...until now. I am ten pages behind! Sigh. I have spent my weekend perusing the decorated MagicBand thread only to find that I've got to catch up here. Good grief lol.

What the flim flam! I have this set up for alerts and haven't had any trouble...until now. I am ten pages behind! Sigh. I have spent my weekend perusing the decorated MagicBand thread only to find that I've got to catch up here. Good grief lol.

Check watched threads periodically. That should show time of last posting.

Speaking of Magic Bands, here's the Sabine one I did in January. The black and white part ended up more diamond shaped than square and then the black started rubbing off so I only wore it for a couple hours. I guess I should try to redo it before SWW.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 48
I just scored a 7:25pm Jedi Mickey dinner on June 1st! I am so stoked! I had picked up a ressie for 4 that day just in case figuring one of us could take the two older kids or something, but this one is for all 5 of us. It's a little late for our little man to eat dinner so we'll see how that goes, but I'm stoked to have the reservation so the kids can have the experience! Persistence pays off I guess! It will be a great start to our trip!

Question - if I go right to Chewie at Rope Drop, how long will that likely take? If I go from there to Vader what would that line likely look like?

If the parade really is at 11:00, I want to stake out our spots at 9:00. Will I have time to do anything after Chewie? Maybe Star Tours?

If you're at the front of the crowd and go right to Chewie you should be able to get through him fairly quickly. But then if you head to Vader, you'll likely have an hour wait just for him. Chewie + Star Tours before 9:00 is doable...Chewie + Vader before 9:00 would be nearly impossible.

We were at CVI too. My husband swears he saw it there. I thought so too . Inside the magic reported it there.

Yeah, several sources online say that D Tech was available for Celebration here in Orlando

Well, guess I must be wrong, but I worked that Convention and I don't recall and it and pulled up the vendor list and staff schedule and it's not on either. But, maybe staff wasn't used and no clue why it wouldn't be listed on the vendors, maybe under a different name. Don't have the vendor/schedule yet for Anaheim.....was supposed to have it last week, but not yet.

Well, guess I must be wrong, but I worked that Convention and I don't recall and it and pulled up the vendor list and staff schedule and it's not on either. But, maybe staff wasn't used and no clue why it wouldn't be listed on the vendors, maybe under a different name. Don't have the vendor/schedule yet for Anaheim.....was supposed to have it last week, but not yet.

It was with in the big merchandise room. Where the Disney stand was. You could order the name tags or a time to do the freeze me.

If you're at the front of the crowd and go right to Chewie you should be able to get through him fairly quickly. But then if you head to Vader, you'll likely have an hour wait just for him. Chewie + Star Tours before 9:00 is doable...Chewie + Vader before 9:00 would be nearly impossible.
Thank you very much for answering the exact question I was going to post today.

I am new to SWW so planning is difficult. I so appreciate this thread and all who contribute. Does this look reasonable?

Our plan:
Chewie
Star Tours
9am Sci Fi breakfast
10 ish - FtF area for parade (assuming we can get it) or can we get another thing in prior to the parade???
12:00 TSMM FP
Animation Academy
1pm ToT FP
Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Break at hotel

Back for fireworks, Darth Mall and ???

I need to fit a picture with Darth Maul in there somewhere. Maybe I could save it for anther day. I don't think we'll last much past 1pm in the heat. TIA

Mine, too! When I saw it, it was a no brainer as an avatar. It combines one of my favorite rides and R2

I Love ToT! And I happen to know one the of the gentlemen that worked at Otis Elevator who helped build the elevator portion :) I always tell him I am going down to visit your baby when I plan a trip to the world!

It could even be a farther detail kind of thing about the star wars expansion like what kind of rides or even a full time star wars restaurant/cantina. I really want the Mos Eisley Cantina.

Mos Eisley Cantina is my top pick for a new SW restaurant I even told Disney that when they interviewed 2013 SWW guests... the whole thing was fun, I mean the questionnaire part, first they tired to gauge your SW knowledge... oh please I slammed dunked that one. Then they asked what we would like to see if they built a SW area... what type of themeing. The last questions was the most wanted thing, and I said the Mos Eisley Cantina :)

Thank you very much for answering the exact question I was going to post today.

I am new to SWW so planning is difficult. I so appreciate this thread and all who contribute. Does this look reasonable?

Our plan:
Chewie
Star Tours
9am Sci Fi breakfast
10 ish - FtF area for parade (assuming we can get it) or can we get another thing in prior to the parade???
12:00 TSMM FP
Animation Academy
1pm ToT FP
Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Break at hotel

Back for fireworks, Darth Mall and ???

I need to fit a picture with Darth Maul in there somewhere. Maybe I could save it for anther day. I don't think we'll last much past 1pm in the heat. TIA
If you are going to DHS another day can you leave some non SWW for that day?
The Chewie ST before breakfast is possible if you are one of the first families in line for him. You can not fit anything else between breakfast and parade.
TSMM even with fp and if you are there at 12 will take you at least 20 min. to line up ride and get off. Depending on the timing and lines for the animation class you woule be getting out of there around 1:15pm at the earliest

nope, someone called last week to the VIP line and they were told that more details, including FtF would be announced this week thru the Disney Parks Blog so keep checking

Good to know! Perfect timing!~ Spring break will give me some free time, although, kids will be home and Im trying to surprise them with this!

Also, anyone ever have a SW cake made at WDW? Going to surprise DH with one while we are there for his bday, but they are limited to what they can make. Would love to see pics of what was created for you!

Also, anyone ever have a SW cake made at WDW? Going to surprise DH with one while we are there for his bday, but they are limited to what they can make. Would love to see pics of what was created for you!

Check out the cake chatter thread. There are definitely pictures of Star Wars cakes there and instructions on how to order!

Yay she caught the bug. It's alright I am contemplating building mandalorian armor which is an endeavor I haven't done for around 15 years. I also am feeling creative thanks to Sabine and am making graffiti star wars shirts using halloween stencils blown up bigger.
Making a sabine graffiti shirt is a great idea!!

I make bleach shirts for my son for holidays (and now will probably make them for SWW).

Get a plain colored shirt, put on your stencil and then spray with bleach (or use bleach pen for more intricate drawings) then let it sit for awhile.

Good to know! Perfect timing!~ Spring break will give me some free time, although, kids will be home and Im trying to surprise them with this!

We had this made at the contemporary last November for my sons birthday:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter