Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please take this as a rumor until Disney confirms:
The parade will be at 11 am this year....plan according

Ok, this is my second big question. Conventional wisdom seems to be line up 90 minutes early for a front row, shady side seat. But a couple hundred posts ago there was a video that clearly showed all the seats full at 10 am for an 11:30 parade. I don't want to cut into morning touring time any more than I have to but there's no way my Dad can sit in the sun for that long. How early do you recommend?

Thanks.

I was told by another source (sorry can't even say who) that there will be something big at SWW, it sounds like it'll be linked to SWW itself and not the announcement of SW land (this already was hinted in 2013 during a D23 event http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/...13-d23-expo-imagineers-hint-at-whats-to-come/ )
So it sounds like a new show, or celebrity or experience. I don't want to speculate
I'm also getting from someone it's to do with SWW and I am wondering if it may be something to do with a December project to coincide with the new movie. I also am speculating it could include a longer sneak peek screening during SWW since they are screening Tomorrowland at Captain EO instead of in studio.

Ok, this is my second big question. Conventional wisdom seems to be line up 90 minutes early for a front row, shady side seat. But a couple hundred posts ago there was a video that clearly showed all the seats full at 10 am for an 11:30 parade. I don't want to cut into morning touring time any more than I have to but there's no way my Dad can sit in the sun for that long. How early do you recommend?

Thanks.
I like to always be extra early. 2 hours will be more than enough. Depending on the celebrities that are coming.When Mark Hamill came we got a bench (there's only 2 of them on Hollywood Blvd) as soon as the park opened so around 7:50am for the 11:30 parade. All the spots on the shady side were taken by 9am for that one.

I'm also getting from someone it's to do with SWW and I am wondering if it may be something to do with a December project to coincide with the new movie. I also am speculating it could include a longer sneak peek screening during SWW since they are screening Tomorrowland at Captain EO instead of in studio.
a preview would be nice but I'm not sure if that would be it. Anyways it's always fun when they add new stuff.

I was shopping yesterday and found a Stormtrooper hat for my son at Toys R Us. Target also had a lot of fun Star Wars shirts in the boys and men's sections so I picked up these two for my husband and son. Darth playing Dodgeball is hysterical. I figure its never too early to start packing for our June trip.

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 14
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 13
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 14
Very cool the disney outlet at vineland had send in the wookie shirts, sarlac attack playsets with pete and the fab four, and a limited number of yoda duffys as of last night.
On a non star wars related point they had a lot of anna and elsa dolls and frozen stuff including the 69 dollar dresses.

Ok, time for some speculation!

I think that they will announce the Star Wars park expansion and the new name of Hollywood Studios. If we are using Disney logic then the new name of the studios will be "The Great Toy Terror Coaster with Muppets".

If I had to rename Hollywood Studios I would call it Disney Adventures Park.

What would you name the park and what do you think the "Major Announcement" is?

~NM
The phone support rarely knows what is actually going on when it's its concrete info, but this guys knows about a major announcement. I take any word that comes out of a Disney phone team member about as serious as the weather on the nightly news.

I'm not trying to be a downer or anything but most of the time you can't get straight answers out of cast members on the phone.

I think you meant "The Great Frozen Toy Terror Coaster with Muppets." :P

I like "Disney Studios Park."

Major announcement: my guess is the Star Wars land area and a Pixar Place area.
I hope that is right. My take on a major announcement in duisney's eyes is simply a name change. They think little things like that is the greatest thing in the world where most would think. Mmmhh. So so.

Now a Star Wars section is major in my eyes. In disney's eyes it's stroke out major!

All I'm saying what they think is huge is mostly so so to others.

Oh boy a Star Wars land would be awesome though. Pixar place I can care less about cause it won't be a cars land cause like others have said it will take away from California.

BtF is completely based on the animated cartoon, so if you're not interested at all in it I would skip it. SotS is the really fun, all the celebrities that have come in the past have great stories to tell so I wouldn't miss it if you're a fan of the original movies. Obi Wan is just awesome because JAT is so talented, it really is his life story told using all the different characters he has voices, and there are a lot of them. It has a great nspirational message. This show is the one that has the least SW in it but I recommend it 100%

Which one has the cool Stormtrooper pre-show again? I think I'd go to a show I'm not that into just to see that. :)

@jimim I agree with you, and that's why I hesitated to post that I was told this as well. A major announcement to them might be name change, the addition of star wars land and/or pixar...all of this we already know is happening. I'm hoping it's more of an addition to sww

SotS. It's pretty awesome
Excellent -- thanks!!

Anyone know what happens if you're doing the VIP package and don't want to see one of the first two shows? Toying with the idea of skipping the one focused solely on Rebels if possible...

Okay, tried reworking some things. The advice really helps, all.

Breakfast - hotel

Pixar Place
Toy Story Mania if time

Troopers and Bubba Fett roaming on Main Stage
X wing Lego build (free) Darth mall
Animation building, M&G, Drawing Academy

Sunset Boulevard
Snack Anaheim Produce - frozen lemonade and pretzels

10:30 AM, find parade slot
11 AM, parade, starts at Entrance, goes to Great movie ride.

Pixar Place
FP+ 12:00 - 1:00 PM Toy Story Mania

Sunset Boulevard
Lunch 12:45-1:15 - Starring Roll - sushi and coffee

Streets of America
FP+ Arrive 1:15 - 1:30, show until 2ish PM Frozen Sing-along
Honey I shrunk the kids

Echo lake
FP+ 2:55 - 3:55 Star Tours
4 PM Show Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
Dinner - Jedi Mickey/Minnie 5:10 PM Hollywood and Vine

Summon the force pre show and Symphony in the Stars 9:45.

Is it necessary to line up super early to get into Stars of the Saga? I'd like to see the pre-show and everything.

Somewhere on the DIS there is a freebie thread. Chocolate at Ghirardelli's, drinks at Club Cool, etc.

The Lego store at DTD often has free builds. We haven't been to one in a while, but the are usually marked on their calendar.

If I am in DTD I always get me some chocolate, but then I go in and get a sundae and coffee too :P

Club Cool I have tried many times... some of the fruit flavored soda are amazing, love them! Kinda wish I could pay for a special cup and get a large drink of one to go... but alas a few dixie cups full of free soda is still fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter