• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the galactic gathering to buy stuff...those are items only available if you pay 250.00? When we go on the 22nd I won't be able to buy a light saber magic band?

Hit post on accident...

Hoping to have mm for the galactic breakfast.
The lightsaber magic bands are only for attendees of the event, they will have star wars magic bands for sale during the weekends. All the other items will be available during the weekends while supplies last, like the pins and vinylmations.

I just got some information from an inside source, cannot name source and please treat this as rumor until Disney confirms it. This is in regards to the Sci Fi breakfast
As of now there won't be a free photo with Darth Vader (last year you had a free download of the pic) but guests will be able to take their own pics. The menu is changing only slightly but there will be no dessert. At the end of the meal each guest will be given a small light saber.

I would believe that.....when I signed up for this I noticed there was no mention of the photo like there was last year. It could have just been an oversight....but I wondered if it meant that Vader would not even be there....I'm fine if we have to take out own photos, I did anyway, but I'd be very sad if we didn't have the photo op with Vader. We did last year's breakfast the first week we were there, and because we got such a wonderful photo with Vader we didn't bother to stand in line for the meet and greet outside.

I would hope there is still a photo op and a PP photographer to capture the picture, similar to Chef Mickey's and the like. I know Darth Vader is still listed on MDE as part of the experience, but characters are always subject to change… However, that is the big draw for us to the breakfast so we shall see.

I'm going to just give my honest opinion on this, not taking away or diminishing the people that can actually go to Galactic Gathering, I mean, if you have the money then go for it. But this event went way downhill as far as what it's being offered.
Last year the people that went to Rebel Rendezvous got a messenger bag, tumbler, pin and medal set, lanyard and a hat.
This year the big draw is a lightsaber magicband, pin and a popcorn bucket.
To me it wasn't worth it last year and it's def. not worth it this year.
This was the link for Rebel Rendezvous last year http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...s-weekends-2014-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

I would hope there is still a photo op and a PP photographer to capture the picture, similar to Chef Mickey's and the like. I know Darth Vader is still listed on MDE as part of the experience, but characters are always subject to change… However, that is the big draw for us to the breakfast so we shall see.
Vader is the big draw for us too, so will be very disappointed if he is eliminated from the lineup. And I will have to do some serious revamping of my touring plans if I have to add another meet and greet to our schedule!! Given that it's his picture that's featured when you go to schedule the breakfast, I have to hope he will at least be there for a photo op!

Vader is the big draw for us too, so will be very disappointed if he is eliminated from the lineup. And I will have to do some serious revamping of my touring plans if I have to add another meet and greet to our schedule!! Given that it's his picture that's featured when you go to schedule the breakfast, I have to hope he will at least be there for a photo op!
Vader will be there just not the free downloadable pic we got last year

I'm going to just give my honest opinion on this, not taking away or diminishing the people that can actually go to Galactic Gathering, I mean, if you have the money then go for it. But this event went way downhill as far as what it's being offered.
Last year the people that went to Rebel Rendezvous got a messenger bag, tumbler, pin and medal set, lanyard and a hat.
This was the link for Rebel Rendezvous last year http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...s-weekends-2014-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

I hear you, I think it's always been for the serious collector, eBay reseller and serious SW fan anyway because for that price, there are better SWW related things to spend your money on. Although I will say that lightsaber magic band looks awesome.

So subjective, obviously. Given the two lists of goodies, I'd prefer the one this year. Would never use a lanyard, messenger bag, hat, tumbler -- all things that would gather dust in our house. But that MB looks awesome to me. :) And doesn't this year include no wait admission to the mall? I'd much rather have that than a messenger bag I won't use. So subjective.

Moot point as we're not in town for it. :(

GALACTIC GATHERING info just posted to Twitter...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-2015-at-disneys-hollywood-studios-on-may-14/

Star Wars Weekends 2015 returns to Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resorton Friday, May 15. To kick off this event, Disney Theme Park Merchandise is holding a special ticketed event called “Galactic Gathering” on Thursday, May 14 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Similar to the “Rebel Rendezvous” event held last year, this year’s event will give guests the first opportunity to purchase new products created especially for Star Wars Weekends.

Packages for the Galactic Gathering will include the following:

• ‘Rebel’ or ‘Empire’ retail MagicBand (Guests can choose their side when registering online)*
  • Commemorative trading pin*
  • Darth’s Mall Light Speed Pass which gives expedited entry into Darth’s Mall for all five weekends.*
  • First opportunity to pre-purchase select merchandise including personalized Aurebesh nametags, D-Tech phone cases, Dooney & Bourke handbags, Galactic Gathering Disney Gift card, retail MagicBands, limited edition pins andVinylmation.
  • First opportunity to purchase the new designs of Star Wars-themed Disney Gift Cards.
  • Han Solo-inspired popcorn bucket with popcorn.
Guests who attend this event will also have the opportunity to meet Disney characters, Disney Design Group Artists and Ashley Eckstein from Her Universe.

Finally, attendees will be some of the first to purchase the new figures for Star Wars D-Tech Me including a Jedi Knight and a TIE-Fighter pilot.

Tickets to this event are $250 per guest (theme park admission is not included but required to participate in this event).

Registration will begin on March 4 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern onhttp://www.DisneyParksMerchandise.com.

I hope to see you there!

*These items will only be available to Galactic Gathering attendees.

The number of packages available is limited and available while supplies last on a first come, first serve basis. Event package and content are not subject to discounts. Appearances are subject to space and time availability and are not guaranteed. Tickets are non-refundable. Event information subject to change without notice.

We did Rebel Rendezvous last year. We had a great time, but it definitely was not worth the $250 ticket price. I agree with @yulilin3 there is less offered this time, the option to purchase a special event Rebel name tag in Arebesh was also an event specific thing last year.

The items with an asterisk are available only for attendees. Last year they sold additional ones for attendees. But once the event was over, those items were no longer for sale.

The Han Solo popcorn bucket does not have an asterisk. That should mean that the popcorn bucket will be available for guests other days as well.

The opportunity to pre-purchase merchandise was done as an RSP and done as a lottery. We weren't looking for LE stuff. And the stuff we did order (a latex Jabba and a trooper bank) had a high number and was available the entire 5 weeks and beyond. The special gift cards have been available the last 2 years even after SWW at Tatootine Traders.

The M&G with Ashley Eckstein was the highlight of our event. We've met her many times and she knows us by name. She is very down to earth, super friendly, genuinely caring, and I could go on for a long time giving her praise. I had to laugh last year when she asked the cm to open her jewelry case so that we could touch the merchandise to see what it feels like. I'm sure I heard a gasp in there, lol. But it really did help me decide which to get and not get. I really like the R2 collection.

The characters last year were the fab 4 all together and roaming were a couple of storm troopers. There was never a line to see them and most of the time they stood there without anyone visiting. I think my son went up to meet them and play at least 4 times. He had so much fun with Goofy!

[QUOTE="MickeyMinnieMom, post: 53184671, member: 158798"]So subjective, obviously. Given the two lists of goodies, I'd prefer the one this year. Would never use a lanyard, messenger bag, hat, tumbler -- all things that would gather dust in our house. But that MB looks awesome to me. :) And doesn't this year include no wait admission to the mall? I'd much rather have that than a messenger bag I won't use. So subjective.

Moot point as we're not in town for it. :([/QUOTE]
I agree, that's why I'm very careful when answering a "do you think it's worth it" question. I don't use MB, I 've never worn any jewelry, maybe only small earrings, I can't even stand a watch around my wrist.

We did Rebel Rendezvous last year. We had a great time, but it definitely was not worth the $250 ticket price. I agree with @yulilin3 there is less offered this time, the option to purchase a special event Rebel name tag in Arebesh was also an event specific thing last year.

The items with an asterisk are available only for attendees. Last year they sold additional ones for attendees. But once the event was over, those items were no longer for sale.

The Han Solo popcorn bucket does not have an asterisk. That should mean that the popcorn bucket will be available for guests other days as well.

The opportunity to pre-purchase merchandise was done as an RSP and done as a lottery. We weren't looking for LE stuff. And the stuff we did order (a latex Jabba and a trooper bank) had a high number and was available the entire 5 weeks and beyond. The special gift cards have been available the last 2 years even after SWW at Tatootine Traders.

The M&G with Ashley Eckstein was the highlight of our event. We've met her many times and she knows us by name. She is very down to earth, super friendly, genuinely caring, and I could go on for a long time giving her praise. I had to laugh last year when she asked the cm to open her jewelry case so that we could touch the merchandise to see what it feels like. I'm sure I heard a gasp in there, lol. But it really did help me decide which to get and not get. I really like the R2 collection.

The characters last year were the fab 4 all together and roaming were a couple of storm troopers. There was never a line to see them and most of the time they stood there without anyone visiting. I think my son went up to meet them and play at least 4 times. He had so much fun with Goofy!
I asked Steven and he said that the popcorn buckets will be available for everyone attending SWW

Vader will be there just not the free downloadable pic we got last year

So do you think it'll be like the old way of doing it where they try to sell you a $30 package of photos or just...nothing. Do you think it'll be addable to Memory Maker?

I mean, if they're going to take your picture they have to have some way of getting it to you? Right? Or maybe he'll just be wandering like other characters. Any word on Boba Fett? It was both of them right?

If Vader's not there then I might end up cancelling. As will a lot of others, I'd bet (or you'd just have lots of angry folks).

So subjective, obviously. Given the two lists of goodies, I'd prefer the one this year. Would never use a lanyard, messenger bag, hat, tumbler -- all things that would gather dust in our house. But that MB looks awesome to me. :) And doesn't this year include no wait admission to the mall? I'd much rather have that than a messenger bag I won't use. So subjective.

Moot point as we're not in town for it. :(
Exactly this. yulilin is definitely correct in saying that the intrinsic value of last year's goodies is higher - but this year's are worth more to me because they're things I would really like to have/use. The lanyard, bag, hat, and tumbler would not see a lot of (if any) use from me, but the MB will be brought along on future trips & the pass to the mall is almost invaluable!

I think the answer to "is it worth it?" is "is it worth it to you?" - & only you can answer that, obviously! :)

So do you think it'll be like the old way of doing it where they try to sell you a $30 package of photos or just...nothing. Do you think it'll be addable to Memory Maker?
It will be like the other character meals where you meet a character before being seated. The Photopass photographer will take your photo and scan your MB.

The main point is Disney is making Memory Maker the key to all photos. For guests without Memory Maker, the photos are available for individual purchase. With Memory Maker, the digital photo is included at no additional cost.

Vader will be at the breakfast and located at the entrance. He can't roam through SciFi as his limited vision will be dangerous for him and guests.

Exactly this. yulilin is definitely correct in saying that the intrinsic value of last year's goodies is higher - but this year's are worth more to me because they're things I would really like to have/use. The lanyard, bag, hat, and tumbler would not see a lot of (if any) use from me, but the MB will be brought along on future trips & the pass to the mall is almost invaluable!

I think the answer to "is it worth it?" is "is it worth it to you?" - & only you can answer that, obviously! :)
Exactly right.

It will be like the other character meals where you meet a character before being seated. The Photopass photographer will take your photo and scan your MB.

The main point is Disney is making Memory Maker the key to all photos. For guests without Memory Maker, the photos are available for individual purchase. With Memory Maker, the digital photo is included at no additional cost.

I know I can hand off my camera to other photo pass photographers in the parks, will this be the same? Or will I need to purchase the Disney one or Memory Maker? We have never done the character meals where you meet the character before eating.

Also, what's a good pose when having your picture taken with Darth Vader / Boba Fett?? Obviously, they don't hug lol

I would imagine it might be like some of the other character dining experiences. The Photopass people are there to take your pic and if you have MM, everything will be loaded on it no problem. If you don't have MM, they may offer you a package to buy? If I remember from my June trip last year, that's what they changed to at Tusker House. So the pics they take just aren't freely included in the price of the breakfast. You have either paid for MM or you'll pay for a picture package.
Just my guess anyway :-)

I know I can hand off my camera to other photo pass photographers in the parks, will this be the same? Or will I need to purchase the Disney one or Memory Maker? We have never done the character meals where you meet the character before eating.

Also, what's a good pose when having your picture taken with Darth Vader / Boba Fett?? Obviously, they don't hug lol
Vader is usually happy to Force choke you, if you'd like... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter