Official SHADES OF GREEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! We will be leaving in a few days and I have a quick question. I thought I saw a post about EMH but have been unable to find it! Do you use your SOG room key to gain access to EMH? Or do you do something at SOG before going to the park? Any help would be great! TIA!!!

It depends on where you are...
They give you a card at check-in which says how many are in your party and what dates you are staying, since SOG cards don't have dates or names, and not everyone in the party gets a key.

At DS, we just showed her the room key to get our wristbands, but at AK, they had a scanner for the room keys, so we needed the card they gave us SOG

Before I forget, I want to provide the info I made a note of from the shopette. I know several people had asked, and I even took pictures, but my PC is holding them hostage. (It died literally, 2 minutes after downloading my vacation photos!:eek: )

So without further ado...what I remember!
Milk- half gallons avalible for 2.99. Chocolate milk and regualar milk avalible in one liter (i think) for 2.49
Armband floaties- 2.99
kids shades- 5.99
2 disposable cameras- 19.99 (much cheaper than in the park!)
first aid kit (band-aid and wipes) 1.25.
They had a good selection of crackers and candies. Vending machines had a GREAT variety, from 1.00 to 1.25. Sodas are 1.75.
The oddest thing I noticed at the shopette was a pregnancy test...who needs a pregnancy test at WDW? Who is on vacation that long?
Anyway, hopefully we'll get the PC fixed soon, and get my pics uploaded! I also took a video of Wishes from the balcony, and REALLY want to show it off for those with questions as to what you can see from your room!

Thank goodness for this thread!!!

I may get the opportunity to stay at SoG through my new employer (I am keeping my fingers crossed) for an annual conference in February.

I was wondering just how "short" the walk is to the monorail? I have always stayed at the Value resorts, and it is one heck of a walk from the bus to the room, so I am guessing it is comparable, but I just wondered for those times when you come back from the park so tired you can't think and still have to walk to your room.

Thanks!

The monorail is at the Poly which is across the street. :confused3 Unless there was some pressing reason not to wait for the bus at the TTC, it is fairly quick to get back without having to walk from the Poly and up that long driveway. And it really long when you are tired at the end of the day.

I just have to say i'm so thankful that there is SOG for us military families. It almost makes all the sacrificing and heartache worth it. I was just talking to a friend who is trying to plan a disney vacation and to think of having to say at a value resort instead of SOG just plain stinks!!

I will probably try to have a car on site, so I "could" drive, but I always liked relying on Disney for my transportation needs.

I know it sounds silly, but with the price of the double stroller rentals going up to $31 a day, I will be bringing my own stroller from home, and on the monorail I don't have to empty it out and fold it up, so I was just wondering how hard of a walk that would be.

Thanks for responding!!!

It looks like all the busses generally start at 8:30 except the bus for the park with morning EMH which departs at 7:30 (based on the bus schedule TBDave posted from January). How busy are those first buses in the morning, especially to the TTC? Does everyone usually manage to get on, or have you seen people left behind for the next bus?

It looks like all the busses generally start at 8:30 except the bus for the park with morning EMH which departs at 7:30 (based on the bus schedule TBDave posted from January). How busy are those first buses in the morning, especially to the TTC? Does everyone usually manage to get on, or have you seen people left behind for the next bus?

Pretty dog gone busy. I have actually been on one bus that was sent out before the actual departure time because it was so full. That way they got the next bus back ahead of schedule. It caused a whole lot of fuss with those who couldn't get on it but at least they didn't have to wait as long for the next bus. The supervisor came out and explained the reason to everyone. Some still fussed, but they were doing the best they could.

That is the reason we will sometimes walk to the Poly and catch the monorail. If it looks like it will be totally packed, we just walk.

Does anyone have the post number for the bus schedule or could repost it for me ? I must have missed that ! Thanks

I was wondering just how "short" the walk is to the monorail? I have always stayed at the Value resorts, and it is one heck of a walk from the bus to the room, so I am guessing it is comparable, but I just wondered for those times when you come back from the park so tired you can't think and still have to walk to your room.

From the SoG main lobby to the Polynesian monorail platform, it is about a 15-minute (very scenic) walk with 5 of those 15 minutes spent inside the Poly.

I know it sounds silly, but with the price of the double stroller rentals going up to $31 a day, I will be bringing my own stroller from home, and on the monorail I don't have to empty it out and fold it up, so I was just wondering how hard of a walk that would be.

Not hard, at all -- I used one of the Jeep family of strollers for my little guy, this past trip, and it was very easy.

Nice, paved walkway from SoG to the Poly, then a quick elevator ride to the monorail platform -- no folding necessary!

the atm machines ... what bank are they??? We bank at Navy federal and I was wondering if they had atm charges

The 1st TTC bus of the day isn't usually as busy as the other park buses.
It runs every 20 min., compared to the hourly rounds of the others, so it's not as big a deal if it's missed. One day, we couldn't get on the AK/BB bus. It was beyond packed, so we caught the Shady Shuttle and headed over to Poly and got the bus there. BB wasn't too busy that day, but we later heard from fellow SoG guests that AK was a nightmare. We noticed a correlation between bus crowds and park crowds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter