Official SHADES OF GREEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had any treatments done at the Magnolia spa? I see they are operated by the same people who run the disney spas.

I just booked a week in January for myself and my two children, 6 and 7 years of age. I've read a lot of reviews about how quiet this hotel is... but not many people include small children in their message. Is this hotel not right for the younger kids? It sounded like there was enough to do... but my kids are normal kids and quiet is NOT them! :) Also which is more prefferable... the Magnolia rooms or the Palm rooms??? Thanks

Welcome to the Dis!

SOG is a good choice with children. DD was five when she made her first visit and now, at 19 she refers to SOG as "going home."

It is a very quiet resort compared to what I've seen at the other resorts--but it is out of being respectful of the other guests more than anything else.

Let's be honest, no one wants to hear anyone of any age running and yelling in the hallways in the evening. But normal kid noises aren't a problem. The way the building is designed seems to keep noises to a minimum. And there's even a TV with movies running in the lobby (near the check-in) to help keep then entertained when the big folks need to take care of business down there.

The Magnolia side is closer to the gift shop and pools. Unless they have changed them, they have dividers to separate the beds from the sofa and table area. It's actually a very cool side-I love the wood in the elevators and just the whole look to it.

The Palm is closer to the parking garage. They are about the same distance from the lobby and bus areas.

If you are a female with children ask explicitly not to be put on the ground floor unless you want a pool side room (it's extra). For some reason, every single time I've traveled with my dd alone, we are at the very back of the hotel and on the ground floor. I just don't like the idea that someone can walk right up to the sliding door!!

Does anyone know if you can have packages sent back to SOG from the parks like you can if you were staying at an official disney hotel??

HI! I booked our vacation through overflow with SOG to stay at ASM. My questions I desperately want to add the dining plan and have been told several different things. Does anyone know how I can do this or if I can't Thanks so much!

HI! I booked our vacation through overflow with SOG to stay at ASM. My questions I desperately want to add the dining plan and have been told several different things. Does anyone know how I can do this or if I can't Thanks so much!

do you get a discount on the room as ASM? because that would be a seriously raw deal to go from the GIANT sized SOG room to itty bitty teeny tiny ASM room for the same price.

do you get a discount on the room as ASM? because that would be a seriously raw deal to go from the GIANT sized SOG room to itty bitty teeny tiny ASM room for the same price.

Were you able to get as good a deal going thru overflow as you would have booking ASM with the military rate? I was just wondering, because we booked Pop with the military rate because Shades didn't have all our nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter