Official SHADES OF GREEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i will be leaving in 4 days to SOG and i will take as much pictures as i can and try to get as much info as i can. any certain pics that anyone would like for me to take?

Jennifer

Wow Jennifer!!! That is really nice of you to offer. :worship:

If you remember, could you snap one of the pathway to Poly (possibly from the end of the driveway of SOG)? I would really appreciate it. :thumbsup2

Have a great trip!
D~

Can anyone comment on the early departure fee. I do not see it listed on any of the brochures or on the website. However, we left on a emergency and was charged this fee??

Thanks Everyone

could you snap one of the pathway to Poly (possibly from the end of the driveway of SOG)?

Here's a couple of pictures taken from the Poly side of the street looking back at SOG. You can see the path & crosswalk -- it was taken during the marathon in January at about 7AM. It's never that crowded :lmao:

The third picture is going to the TTC from the Poly.

Hope this helps.

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

We have a rule when we go to WDW - we cannot watch "real" tv. (We really don't watch tv, it's on when we're getting ready or going to bed, etc). We're only allowed to have the Disney info channels on or the weather channel. No reality for us!

Same with us. Weather channel went on in the morning, and then we checked again at night. We were in a hurry in the morn, and didn't come back until the evening, then too tired to watch TV - shower and bed, with a quick check for the weather the next day...
I still have no idea what happened around the world that week!

Can anyone comment on the early departure fee. I do not see it listed on any of the brochures or on the website. However, we left on a emergency and was charged this fee??

Thanks Everyone

I found this on the official site under reservations:

"Cancellation and Modification of Reservations: Shades of Green has a 30-day change or cancellation policy. If you chose to change or cancel your reservations, you must contact Shades of Green at least 30 days prior to your arrival to avoid a forfeiture of your deposit."

Here's a couple of pictures taken from the Poly side of the street looking back at SOG. You can see the path & crosswalk -- it was taken during the marathon in January at about 7AM. It's never that crowded :lmao:

The third picture is going to the TTC from the Poly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much! THat was very helpful! :)

D~

I found this on the official site under reservations:

"Cancellation and Modification of Reservations: Shades of Green has a 30-day change or cancellation policy. If you chose to change or cancel your reservations, you must contact Shades of Green at least 30 days prior to your arrival to avoid a forfeiture of your deposit."[/QUOTE

I have been told checking in and by reservation agents that if you tell them at check in that you need to leave earlier there is not a fee.

When I made my last reservation I asked about this because we may leave one day early and that's what I was told then.

Has anyone used Garden Grocer for delivery to SOG ? We haven't decided on renting a van or using a Towncar service. I know either way we can do a grocery stop but it seems like it would be SO much better just to have someone else pick it all up and deliver it.

Forgive me if this has been covered - I hate when the threads get so long!

Has anyone eaten at the Italian restaurant there?

Has anyone used Garden Grocer for delivery to SOG ? We haven't decided on renting a van or using a Towncar service. I know either way we can do a grocery stop but it seems like it would be SO much better just to have someone else pick it all up and deliver it.

We used Garden Grocer during our last stay at SoG. They were accurate (on our very large order), polite, and delivered right to our door. :thumbsup2 We'll be using them next trip. No fumbling around a foreign supermarket for us . . . I think this is totally the way to go! ;)

HTH!

Forgive me if this has been covered - I hate when the threads get so long!

Has anyone eaten at the Italian restaurant there?

My family really enjoyed Mangino's. Service was excellent and the food was great. The kids meal is the best deal at Disney. It was $4.95 and they had a choice of pasta with meatballs or chicken tenders. It included a drink and ice cream. My favorite dish was the Veal Marsala, while DH raved about the Linguine with Clams. Good selection of wines at reasonable prices, too. It was also nice getting in to a TS without having to make a reservation 6 mos. in advance. There were a couple days we realized we were too tired to go back to the parks after our rest, so we called Mangino's in the late afternoon and were able to get a ressie at the time we wanted.

Thanks for the restaurant review hildarumpole. The menu looks great. Since this is a last minute weekend trip, I knew I wouldn't have many options. We're only eating one sit down meal - Saturday night. I was able to get Kona Cafe at 5, but if we decide we don't want to eat that early, I was hoping Mangino's could be a back-up. Thank you!

For those of you who are SOG vets, can you please inform me as to which are the best rooms to book. I'm sure all of them are more than adequate, but is there one building better than the others, or are there better golf course views than pool views? I'm sure this question has been posed before, but with 25 pages, I'm getting a little woozy from reading this forum so much! Thanks!

Guess it just depends on what you're interested in. There isn't a bad view from any room. Least I haven't seen one. The old building is closer to pools and Evergreens. The new part has the parking garage. Other than that, it's a toss up.

Since the new section opened, that has been our favorite but sitting here thinking about it I really wonder why. It seems like the halls are soooo looong at the end of the day. I'm sort of thinking about the old section very fondly right now.

This is the first time since the remodel that I haven't requested a building. I may have to make a phone call in the next day or two.

Both visits, we've got the old section, facing the Magnolia pool. And loved it both times! It was wonderful, both for the adults and the kids, to watch Wishes right from our balcony!

we, personally prefer old section as it is closer to Evergreen's and that is our nightly wind down from the parks.
the new section is closer to the parking garage..but again we don't have a car with us so it is unnecessary for us.

as for which section is further from the Poly walk or even the bus stop..couldn't tell ya. wasn't a huge deal breaker for us either way.

as for which section is further from the Poly walk or even the bus stop..couldn't tell ya. wasn't a huge deal breaker for us either way.

Since you have to go through the lobby to get to the bus stop or Poly walk, I don't think it makes all that much difference. Being on the far end of either building will make for a long walk. If you want to save some walking time, ask for a room close to the lobby in either building.

For those of you who are SOG vets, can you please inform me as to which are the best rooms to book. I'm sure all of them are more than adequate, but is there one building better than the others, or are there better golf course views than pool views?

As the others have said, it all comes down to Pools vs Parking. If you're going to be driving every day, you'll want the New Building which is attached to the parking lot. If you're going to be using the pools every day, you'll want the Old Building which has easy access to both pools.

I don't get all the posts about the distance that you have to walk. We're all walking in the parks and it doesn't really take very long to get from anywhere in SOG to the lobby or parking garage or buses. We just keep walking to the Poly or TTC most mornings. All the views are good. We've had golf course view (1998 before renovations) and pool view (2005). And you don't pay extra to not look at the parking lot.

We also "unwind" at Evergreen's in the evening with a drink or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter