Official SHADES OF GREEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see alot of people mentioning rooms, but I haven't anyone mention the fact that the 2nd and 3rd rooms have to pay the category 2 rate. Is this the case?

Heres the info from SOG site:
CATEGORY 1: E-1 through E-5 (E-1 thru E-5 Sponsor and dependents
will receive the rate that applies to Category #1. Any additional sponsored
rooms will receive the rate that applies to Category #2)

Also I called today and explained that when we go it will be My husband, me 2 kids and my mom and brother. I explained to her that my son was 3 and she said then 6 of us can stay in the room. 2 on each bed and 2 on the sofabed. I read here on the thread that it was under 3 but the lady said 3 and under. Anyone know about this. I really dont see how they will know because we can all fit , but I still want to know the correct rules

Simply-put, if the additional rooms are meant for non-ID card holders, you will pay the Cat 2 rate for those rooms (as it's assumed you and your immediate family will occupy a single room).

Looks like the SOG website got a bit of a facelift. The content doesn't appear to be changed much. Just a slightly new look as far as I can tell.

I see alot of people mentioning rooms, but I haven't anyone mention the fact that the 2nd and 3rd rooms have to pay the category 2 rate. Is this the case?

Heres the info from SOG site:
CATEGORY 1: E-1 through E-5 (E-1 thru E-5 Sponsor and dependents
will receive the rate that applies to Category #1. Any additional sponsored
rooms will receive the rate that applies to Category #2)

Also I called today and explained that when we go it will be My husband, me 2 kids and my mom and brother. I explained to her that my son was 3 and she said then 6 of us can stay in the room. 2 on each bed and 2 on the sofabed. I read here on the thread that it was under 3 but the lady said 3 and under. Anyone know about this. I really dont see how they will know because we can all fit , but I still want to know the correct rules

I was faced with the same question . When we go it will be my dh, myself and 2 kids (2 and 5) and 2 grandmoms. Although we can legally fit into one room , dd2 sleeping in a crib, with one bathroom and such tight quarters we opted for the 2 rooms connecting (hopefully). You can also do a family suite but in our case we'd be paying more money for it.
We had to pay the cat 2 rate for our second room.

When we stayed in December, we were told we could not use the 180+10 and had to call at the 180 day mark for each day we wanted an ADR.

I thought that too, but when I called to make mine in Dec, I had planned on calling everyday but the CM I talked to made them all for me at once. That saved me 8 mornings of calling. So I think just call on your first day, then ask. the worst they can say is NO and then you just have to call daily.

:wizard: heres some pixie dust hoping you can get lucky!

I forgot. Can I make all of my ADR's at the 180 day mark of the first ADR or do I have to call each day to get them all in?

TIA

I made all of mine at the 180+10 day mark. I think it just depends on the CM you talk to. :confused3 Mine was really really helpful in my selection process.

I made all of mine at the 180+10 day mark. I think it just depends on the CM you talk to. :confused3 Mine was really really helpful in my selection process.

I agree. Sometimes it may depend on the CM...I guess I got lucky the first time, too. I have heard that you can make all your ADR's at the 180 mark. It all depends on your first day of arrival. Good luck;)

I agree. Sometimes it may depend on the CM...I guess I got lucky the first time, too. I have heard that you can make all your ADR's at the 180 mark. It all depends on your first day of arrival. Good luck;)

WooHoo Monday is the day. We're making more ADR's than we ever have in the past. Usually we make 2 ADR's for an entire week but this time we're going for 5. :thumbsup2

I'll report back either way. Thanks.

I agree. When I called my first day to make ADRs for our upcoming trip, the CM would only allow me to make reservations for 180 days out. The next day when I called, I had intended to only make the one ADR again. When the CM asked if there was anything else, I said "not today, I will have to call again tomorrow". She offered to check on the reservations for me. She said that the system was allowing her to make the ADRs for further out so she would be happy to make the rest of them for me.
So, again, I have had CMs tell me No and others who made the reservations 180+10 for me. Just ask, the worse they can do is say No.

Another silly question of mine lol :)
Does anyone know what size the pullout sofas in the standard rooms are?

Somebody correct me if I am wrong. Our son slept on this pull out and I believe it is a twin since the standard rooms sleep five.

Does anyone know if you can order room service from this restaurant?
How are the desserts?:goodvibes

Does anyone know if you can order room service from this restaurant?
How are the desserts?:goodvibes

There is a special room service menu. I don't have a copy, because the menu was on the resort tv channel. I remember various sandwiches, pizza, chicken, seafood and beef entrees, pasta, salads, and breakfast items. You could ask if room service will deliver something from Mangino's menu. The worst that can happen is they'll say no.

Sorry, I didn't try any of the desserts, except the ice cream my kids got with their meals. It was good. ;)

didn't eat at Manginos, but I can say the key lime pie from Evergreen's is to die for.....

I called SOG to check on bedrail availability (they provide them yippee :banana: ) and got the skinny on the packed lunch from the Express Cafe.

sacked lunch includes:
1 sandwich, bag of chips, choice of apple or banana, and a "juice pack". I assume this means juice box. I don't know if water or soda can be substituted for this.

Price: $6-7 plus $2.50 per lunch for them to pack it up for you.

Choices of sandwiches: ham and cheese, italian, liverwurst, roast beef, roasted chicken breast, pb and j (only costs $3.50 I believe). They may have more types of sandwiches but these were the ones listed to me.

They provide lettuce, tomato, mustard, mayo, etc.

It's better to order the night before but they can pack them in the morning though the wait might be longer.

I thought you could not take food inside Disney?

I thought you could not take food inside Disney?

Apparently its quite common for people to pack their own picnic lunches in backpacks and take them inside all of the time. The security at the gate usually looks the other way. This leads me to believe that even the CM's realize that the food is way to expensive there!

Apparently its quite common for people to pack their own picnic lunches in backpacks and take them inside all of the time. The security at the gate usually looks the other way. This leads me to believe that even the CM's realize that the food is way to expensive there!

The only thing I have seen security dispose of was beer. Not allowed to bring that in but food was not a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter