Official SHADES OF GREEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get free shipping, within reason, at work, so I take a largeish box and put stuff like foam plates and bowls, plastic spoons, pop tarts, cereal, raisins, snacky stuff, and even a 6 pack of soda.

I just mark the outside of the box clearly with our name and arrival date, and it is waiting for me at check in.

Love it!

Jack

Here's a question that I don't recall seeing asked before:

have any of you had success in requesting a late check-out from SoG?
We have a late afternoon flight, and would love to request a check-out around 1 or 2 pm. We're leaving in early November, so it probably won't be an overly crowded time. Although, come to think of it, when is the golf tournament this year? :confused:

Thanks!

Disneyfriend

Yes, but only in the off season and never on a weekend! Good Luck!

Has anyone ever mailed a package to SOG and had them hold it until you arrive ? We have done this twice at Pop Century and it worked out well.

Yes, I had a package sent to me a SOG and I received it no problem. If it is there when you check in they should have it in the computer with your reservation. If not, you can ask them to check for you. If it arrives after you check in, they will leave you a message to come pick it up at the front desk.

Does SOG give out a brochure, or something that states sandwich options and cost of the sack lunches that they provide? I would really like to have this information, if someone has it.

TIA :)

D~
Page 37 post#553 has most of that info. Sounds like a good deal.

Do you need to request the bed rails ahead of time??
Yes, let them know when you make your reservation. I'm sure they could probably dig some up for you once you get there but better go ahead and add them.

Thanks everyone for being so helpful ! I think I am going to plan on sending a box down there for this trip like we always have done in the past !! Hooray - that's good to know !

Page 37 post#553 has most of that info. Sounds like a good deal.

Here is the info from that post

sacked lunch includes:
1 sandwich, bag of chips, choice of apple or banana, and a "juice pack". I assume this means juice box. I don't know if water or soda can be substituted for this.

Price: $6-7 plus $2.50 per lunch for them to pack it up for you.

Choices of sandwiches: ham and cheese, italian, liverwurst, roast beef, roasted chicken breast, pb and j (only costs $3.50 I believe). They may have more types of sandwiches but these were the ones listed to me.

They provide lettuce, tomato, mustard, mayo, etc.

It's better to order the night before but they can pack them in the morning though the wait might be longer.

Good job big AWL! Thx bunches!! :wizard:

Our cool personalized park maps came today!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Much nicer than I expected, as it included a map of each park with all our interests marked. :cheer2:

Less than 8 mos out now and counting! :woohoo:

FYI: You can ck them out and order free through this link.

https://secure.disney.go.com/wdw/myVacation/customizedMaps/index?id=CustomizedMapsFlashPage

We ordered those maps, and they are so beautiful that I'm having them framed - one for each DS and one for us!

Leaving for SOG next Sunday; I cannot wait.:cool1:

Now I need help mapping out our park visiting strategy.:lmao: Any Takers?:rolleyes1

Yikes! You're not a planner, are you? When we got the schedule for EMH, we went to the other parks for rope drop. It was early enough, and the EMH parks usually are way more crowded. Either way, get there early get FP for one ride while you ride another, and so on. You can get all of the big stuff done before it gets really hot, and then take time to enjoy looking around, eating and shopping!

If you want dinner at a TS restaurant, you have to have ADRs! If you don't have them already, I would call now and get some, or just see who has cancellations with the concierge when you get there.

Yes SoG does have a bus schedule. You will have no problem. If however you miss the SoG bus and you are stuck at AK, DHS, or a Waterpark you can take the Disney bus back to the TTC and catch the SoG bus as that bus runs every 20 minutes like clockwork.

When we stayed in 2004, the SOG bus system was fantastic compared to the Disney system last Summer! Now if they would just get a system in place for transportation from MCO, we wouldn't even need a car!

Will Disney resorts deliver packages/gifts from resort guest to resort guest???
While we are down in Disney our friends will be too. We will be staying at the SOG, one family is staying at All Star Sports and the other at POR. I got each of the kids a Disney beach towel and I wanted to send it to them while we are all in Disney ... Kids love getting packages and mail even on vacation.
Can the folks at the front desk help or do I have to make a trip to each resort? Thanks for the info..

SoG is not a participant for package delivery, so my guess is you would have to drop them off at the other two yourself.

We can still have packages delivered to Shades of Green from inside Disney though right? I thought I read that somewhere on this thread.

First time SOG visitor this October - very informative thread - Thanks!
Dad (retired Navy) is sponsoring 2 additional rooms that would otherwise be ineligible to stay. Question: Can we all buy our park tickets there at Shades of Green as long as Dad is there buying his as well? Will we be able to put them on our own cc's? I don't want him having to foot the bill for all three fams. Thanks in advance.
-Bob.

I really don't want to start a new thread and I have read the few threads I found by searching but they only confused me more.

Can someone explain the Stars and Stripes tickets to me?

Here is our dilema.
We arrive on Sunday 06 Apr 08@ around Noon. We plan on going to a park or Disney Quest Sunday Evening. We check out on Satgurday 12 Apr 08. We want to visit Disney parks on Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, and Fri. Do we need to purchase 5 or 6 day MYW Stars and Stripes tickets?

I really don't want to start a new thread and I have read the few threads I found by searching but they only confused me more.

Can someone explain the Stars and Stripes tickets to me?

Here is our dilema.
We arrive on Sunday 06 Apr 08@ around Noon. We plan on going to a park or Disney Quest Sunday Evening. We check out on Satgurday 12 Apr 08. We want to visit Disney parks on Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, and Fri. Do we need to purchase 5 or 6 day MYW Stars and Stripes tickets?

You should buy a 6 day Stars & Stripes ticket. If you were planning on a no-park rest day or visit to SeaWorld or Universal Studios during your stay, you could get a 5 day ticket. The tickets expire after the number of days purchased plus 1. A 5 day ticket expires after 6 days, but is only good for 5 days of park visits.

Sorry if this has been covered already. It's been seven years since we've stayed at SoG. Do they show Disney's Top Ten Must Sees? (or whatever it's called) at SoG?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter