Official SHADES OF GREEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm assuming its first come first serve on the connecting rooms. I'd love to know how likely it is to get one. I also made a request months in advance but was just told they will try to honor it. I'm sure more people will complain on here about Not getting the connecting than gettting it, so lets cross our fingers!

I have 6 people in my party. 4 adults, one 5 yr old and a 2 yr old who will be in a crib. I booked 2 rooms. Was that nessesary??

Here is the official e-mailed response from SOG

"If the sixth person is under three and can sleep in a crib, they may sleep in one room. They would need to book this as four adults and one child. If I can assist you further, please feel free to contact me."

2. We have 2 adults, 5 children, and requested connecting rooms. Is there a way to bolt the second door so the kids cannot escape unnoticed?

I sent an e-mail and they responded by saying the doors have a top latch.

For anyone curious about check cashing at the hotel, they said the limit is $100 a day and a total of $300 per stay.

Here is the official e-mailed response from SOG

"If the sixth person is under three and can sleep in a crib, they may sleep in one room. They would need to book this as four adults and one child. If I can assist you further, please feel free to contact me."

Thank you so much for checking that out! I'm still on the fence whether I should keep the room and pay 400+ extra or just all stay in one room. DH says we'll pay it and keep the extra room but i'm still not sure.
If we dont get the connecting rooms and DH and I decide to go out later one night Then we will either have to leave one grandparent to sleep in a room by themselves while the other stays in the room w/ the kids and us BUT
If we dont keep both rooms we'll all be in one room w/ one bathroom, and did I mention my MIL snores LOUDLY??

We'll be staying at SOG in March, and I was wondering if the room keys work the same as at other Disney resorts in that you can charge purchases in the park to your room. Also, if you buy things in the parks, will they deliver them to your room at SOG the same as a regular disney resort?
Thanks!

We'll be staying at SOG in March, and I was wondering if the room keys work the same as at other Disney resorts in that you can charge purchases in the park to your room. Also, if you buy things in the parks, will they deliver them to your room at SOG the same as a regular disney resort?
Thanks!

The SOG room keys cannot be used for purchases in the parks or other Disney resorts. They're only good for charges at SOG. Purchases made in the parks can be delivered to the resort. I don't believe they deliver them to your room, though.

Wow! you rock! thanks!
Next question...Is the buffet as bad as they say?!/:rotfl:

The breakfast is not bad. Kind of difficult to destroy breakfast food. On our last trip, we ordered room service for breakfast.....right as the buffet was closing. We had a very good meal. Our side of bacon ended up being about a pound. I assume what was left. It was all good.

We have only had the dinner buffet once out of all our visits and that was summer 06. I'm not saying we would never eat it again.....maybe in a desperate pinch, but I was not impressed. Some of the meat dishes were tasty, but most were very bland/tasteless and this includes the side dishes. I think this was the southern style meal or whatever they called that night's theme. When I leave mashed potatoes and mac and cheese on my plate, something is wrong. ;) Personally, I would say this dinner buffet was even under Golden Corral on a taste scale.

Question........What animals have you seen on SOG property during your visits?

Other than a gator or 2 in or near the ponds, we have only seen ducks during our last visit.

Question........What animals have you seen on SOG property during your visits?

Other than a gator or 2 in or near the ponds, we have only seen ducks during our last visit.

The wild turkeys were everywhere on our last trip

2243811159_c0b9cf5f01.jpg

Lots of wild rabbits too.

there were a pair of turkeys that hung out on our patio during one of the more spectacular lightening storms. didn't even move out into the rain when we opened the sliding glass door. BUNNIES everywhere near the water wheel in the early morning or late evening during our strolls. a gecko or other small lizard tried sneaking into the room once. was being chased by the 4 year old next door, so I don't blame it. Also a giant and I mean GIANT bullfrog. musta weighed five pounds easy.

Turkeys are all over the place now -- not just at Shades
So true you can see them from your car, from the bus and from the monorail.
They show up around my area quite often. Even had one chase my daughter to her car one day.:lmao:Wish I had seen that.

Next question...Is the buffet as bad as they say?!/:rotfl:

The sides never seem to change. It was the same thing every time we went...year after year. And desserts did not really exist. Less than you would find at Golden Corral or Ryan's. Plain cookies just don't cut it for us.:sad1:

I guess for me part of the problem was the cost of the buffet wasn't justified considering what you were offered.

We prefer Evergreens.

it ain't free. i want to say $10/24 hours in the room plus there are some computers in the hallway near the Exchange.

Internet access is not free, like the above poster I do believe it's around $10 a day for internet access (even at the computers near the exchange).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter