Official SHADES OF GREEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am SOOOO excited! I emailed SOG for an overflow rate, and I got a room! I finally got a room! ( I don't plan vacations far enough in advance to get a room at sog!) :banana: :banana: :banana:
So a few Questions...
1. Do rooms have a fridge, or can they be requested?
2. We have 2 adults, 5 children, and requested connecting rooms. Is there a way to bolt the second door so the kids cannot escape unnoticed?
3. How far a hike is it to the boat dock or monorail at the Poly? Everytime we've ever tried to go from the Poly to SOG to buy our tickets, we end up wandering lost in the woods for 2 hours!
Thanks!

Just trying to clear up a question that I have as I have gotten conflicting answers. I would like to purchase our tickets using a personal check at the ticket counter. We are active duty Air Force. The person at ticket sales who called me back said yes we could do that, but the person I emailed at the resort said no, but could cash a check at the front desk, does anyone know the answer to this question? Thanks for you help.

we will probably keep the second room (for my sanity to get some space away from my snoring MIL) but I would like to stilll know the answer. We also requested connecting rooms. I wonder if its first come first serve or if it goes by order?? Did anyone else request a connecting room and actually get it?

we used the SOG crib for our one year old...it was an older one w/ metal bars...i seriously doubt it would work for a two year old. does anyone know of a place you can rent baby stuff for your disney vacation stay?

we will probably keep the second room (for my sanity to get some space away from my snoring MIL) but I would like to stilll know the answer. We also requested connecting rooms. I wonder if its first come first serve or if it goes by order?? Did anyone else request a connecting room and actually get it?

From other threads I've read, they can't guarantee connecting rooms but they do try to honor requests.

we used the SOG crib for our one year old...it was an older one w/ metal bars...i seriously doubt it would work for a two year old. does anyone know of a place you can rent baby stuff for your disney vacation stay?

During our stay at SoG, we rented a full-size crib from A Baby's Best Friend (www.abbf.com). We also rented a play-zone and some toys. All items were clean and carefully wrapped. Once we scooted a couple chairs over, there was plenty of space in the room for both the full-size crib and the play-zone. :thumbsup2

HTH!

Just trying to clear up a question that I have as I have gotten conflicting answers. I would like to purchase our tickets using a personal check at the ticket counter. We are active duty Air Force. The person at ticket sales who called me back said yes we could do that, but the person I emailed at the resort said no, but could cash a check at the front desk, does anyone know the answer to this question? Thanks for you help.

I would tend to go by the response of the person handling e-mails. So far, she has been spot on. Did the person who e-mailed you state whether there was a daily limit to the amount of the check? There used to be a daily limit of a few hundred dollars. I think they also charged 1% for the service.

Do you have a debit card? This is how we always purchase tickets.

So a few Questions...
1. Do rooms have a fridge, or can they be requested?
2. We have 2 adults, 5 children, and requested connecting rooms. Is there a way to bolt the second door so the kids cannot escape unnoticed?
3. How far a hike is it to the boat dock or monorail at the Poly? Everytime we've ever tried to go from the Poly to SOG to buy our tickets, we end up wandering lost in the woods for 2 hours!
Thanks!

1. Yes, dorm size and it is free and already in the room.
2. Don't remember exactly if the lock is high enough that the kids can't reach it. If it is, remember to remove the table chairs from the room. ;)
3. Not sure about the boat dock, but the monorail is a short 5+ minute or so walk. When you get to the end of the driveway of SOG, cross the street and walk toward the main house. There are (SOG) signs pointing you in the right direction on the way back.

eek.. got me concerned about the crib now..lol.. I requested a crib also , since we'll be having the two rooms I guess if it was to small for DD2 she could snuggle in bed with ds5, hopefully she'll stay there. Wondering if anyone has any pictures of the crib??? I'm guessing its like a hospital crib?

Be careful depending on answers you get from SOG. I emailed in '05 and asked if they had laundry service as I seemed to remember it from our past trip. I got a flat out NO. That would have been fine, but when we got there, what did I find but a laundry bag and list of prices hanging in the closet. Conflicting answers seem to be the norm. I think because everyone's jobs are so compartmentalized and no one person knows the answers to everything.

For the question about personal checks, I do know there's a limit as to how much. Another option is there is an ATM at SOG (can't remember the service charge, but I remember it wasn't a lot) so you could just withdraw the cash and pay that way for your tickets. We do everything by CC o check card so I really haven't paid attention to check info.

Hi!
So, we have 2 rooms booked for Christmas - yea! :cool1:

I just finished reading the thread, and I'd love some advice on a room request. I am VERY interested in the room divider/half wall rooms. Are those in the old section? That also sounds like it is closer to everything, right? Is it extra for a poolside room? And, if so, is it worth the extra money to get a first-floor poolside room? Isn't it noisier in those locations?

Sorry for all of the questions!

THANKS!
Kristie

Hi!
So, we have 2 rooms booked for Christmas - yea! :cool1:

I just finished reading the thread, and I'd love some advice on a room request. I am VERY interested in the room divider/half wall rooms. Are those in the old section? That also sounds like it is closer to everything, right? Is it extra for a poolside room? And, if so, is it worth the extra money to get a first-floor poolside room? Isn't it noisier in those locations?

The divider walls are only in the old section rooms. Is the old section closer to everything? Well, as far as the pools and Evergreens....yes. IMO only slightly closer to AAFES/tickets, etc. I would say new section is closer to the garage and lobby/Garden Gallery and bus stop. However, if you take a look at the hotel map, you will see that in the old section, the rooms at the end of the "maze" can be very far from AAFES, etc. Maybe just as far or further than closer rooms in the newer section. SOmeone else referred to this hotel as the "Pentagon" and I have to agree with that. It really is spread out.

Poolside rooms are more expensive but only $10 a night. Yes, worth it if you like slipping out the sliding glass door to get to the pool and Evergreens rather than walking down the halls to get outside. Are they noisier? Can't accurately say because we use the AC alot and between that and we usually bring along our electric cooler with a fan that drowns out noise, we have had no complaints in the past. Our last visit, we had 2nd floor room on the "quiet" pool side and had no electric cooler. The pool was full at times and we never heard the noise inside the room. Not sure how ground floor would have been. Others probably have different experiences.

From personal experience I have written a check to cover the expense of the park tickets. The limit to CASH a check is $100 a day.

However when purchasing park tickets you are not recieving cash in exchange, you are making a purchase. I do not know if they have changed this. It was 12 months (March 07) ago when I purchased our tickets with a check at SoG.

For our upcoming trip, I requeted bed rails for our room.

Perhaps that might work for you instead of a crib?

We've stayed in the original section twice. Both times, we were unfortunate to have people in rooms near us who had unhappy children. Once, in the room next door, and once below us. It sounded like those kids were IN our room, screaming their heads off. For hours. There was no problem with outside noise, but room-to-room noise was awful.

On the other hand, on the Palm side we can hear people passing in the halls quite easily, but have had very little room-to-room noise, even with connecting rooms. I don't know if we've just been blessed with better behaved children on that side, or if the rooms really are sound proofed better, but we always request the new side now. At least people passing in the halls do pass, and it gets quiet again.

I've read here about people not being able to get connecting rooms when they requested it. Are there just not that many to go around? Most hotels I've been in (in the US) seem to have them throughout the hotel - making it hard to find a room that doesn't have a connecting door. Have many people had this problem? If you had a problem, could it have been due to short notice - maybe your reservation wasn't made very far in advance?

I'm requesting connecting rooms on my reservation (made six months in advance), but making no other special request, hoping that this will increase the odds for us. Separate rooms would really stink.

From personal experience I have written a check to cover the expense of the park tickets. The limit to CASH a check is $100 a day.

However when purchasing park tickets you are not recieving cash in exchange, you are making a purchase. I do not know if they have changed this. It was 12 months (March 07) ago when I purchased our tickets with a check at SoG.

I have gotten a second yes on using a personal check for purchasing tickets so I am going to go with it. I printed the email and hopefully we won't have an issue. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter