Official SHADES OF GREEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
my husband went in march last year and he said one day it would be hot and sunny and the next it would be snowing! His pictures are amazing. I hear alot of people who get stationed there end up living there because they like it so much.

I've know 4 people that have gone for TDY over there and ended up staying, must be a beautiful place.

Have you by any chance stayed at the Edelweiss Resort in Garmisch Germany?

I've been considering it for about two years now and I think I really want to go next year, I would love some opinions from anybody who has been there.

It was about 20+ years ago. I remember Garmisch, but don't remember exactly where we stayed. The ones I do remember where usually very nice - one at Cheimsee (sp?) was exceptionally nice - I believe it was an old German hotel, and very ornate and the rooms were huge!
Germany was awesome, and my favorite country in Europe. I would love to be stationed there again.
Once our DH is older we are going back to Germany. We want him to be able to remember it, so hopefully when he reaches his teen years he won't think in too uncool to go to Europe with Mom & Dad.

My family will be at SOG May 21-27. We were there the same time last year for the first time. We absolutely loved it. The place is beautiful and the weather was great. Anyone else going at the same time? We stayed in the old building right by the pool. When I made my reservations, I didn't ask for any particular section. Do you think if I called now and asked we would be put in the same section? We have 3 rooms reserved.

A poster on another board mentioned a spot on SOG property that allows a view of Wishes. Anyone with any experience with this? Would love to know where this "secret" location is as the other poster doesn't want to tell. I guess it wouldn't be a secret then;) . Thanks for any help.

I understand you have to put your initial deposit on your CC but can you send them so much each month before your vacation to pay it off?

A poster on another board mentioned a spot on SOG property that allows a view of Wishes. Anyone with any experience with this? Would love to know where this "secret" location is as the other poster doesn't want to tell. I guess it wouldn't be a secret then;) . Thanks for any help.

The top level of the parking garage. It's not really a secret. It's been posted before (more than once).

I want to say the top floor of the parking garage? we actually got to see the higher rising rockets from our ground floor room one night..it was above the Club house to one of the golf courses.

I understand you have to put your initial deposit on your CC but can you send them so much each month before your vacation to pay it off?

Absolutely. Just call the reservations number and they will give you the address. We usually just send a check. It can take a little while to process though. They will send you a new e-mail confirmation showing the new deposit amount paid. We always have our room paid in full before we arrive.

Absolutely. Just call the reservations number and they will give you the address. We usually just send a check. It can take a little while to process though. They will send you a new e-mail confirmation showing the new deposit amount paid. We always have our room paid in full before we arrive.

Thank you. I would rather have it paid in full before we arrive so this is good news!

I could not find the price of hopper tickets through Shades of Green, anyone know how much say a 4 or 5 day hopper would be??

This is such an informative thread I thought I would give it a little bump in the night.....:surfweb:

This is such an informative thread I thought I would give it a little bump in the night.....:surfweb:

Thanks. I did the same after seeing so many new questions popping up on page 1 the other day. (I think this thread was on page 7 :scared: ) Maybe if we all can keep an eye on this thread and give it a bump every now and then, we can assure it does not get lost forever. :goodvibes

Ok I have a question. We booked poolside rooms for our trip in April. I would rather be by the Magolia pool. Should we call and ask for that specific area?

Here's a question.. I have 6 people in my party. 4 adults, one 5 yr old and a 2 yr old who will be in a crib. I booked 2 rooms. Was that nessesary?? I was looking on the united we stand thread and a woman had 6 people in her party 2 adults 3 big kids and one crib child said she booked one room. How many people can fit in a room and does my 2 yr old count as a "person" . If I could save 500+ dollars on cancelling one room then I would much rather just have the one room . My husband and I could sleep on one bed, My mom and my 5 yr old could sleep in another bed, my mil in the pullout and the baby in the crib??

Ok I have a question. We booked poolside rooms for our trip in April. I would rather be by the Magolia pool. Should we call and ask for that specific area?

Yes, call reservations and have them place the request on the reservation that you want the Magnolia poolside. Not a guarantee that you will get it, but so far (knock on wood) I have always gotten what I have requested.:goodvibes

Here's a question.. I have 6 people in my party. 4 adults, one 5 yr old and a 2 yr old who will be in a crib. I booked 2 rooms. Was that nessesary?? I was looking on the united we stand thread and a woman had 6 people in her party 2 adults 3 big kids and one crib child said she booked one room. How many people can fit in a room and does my 2 yr old count as a "person" . If I could save 500+ dollars on cancelling one room then I would much rather just have the one room . My husband and I could sleep on one bed, My mom and my 5 yr old could sleep in another bed, my mil in the pullout and the baby in the crib??

There's a difference between 2 adults and 4 adults. They didn't ask how many people when you booked the room? I would call, but I wouldn't want to stay in a room with that many people and only 1 bathroom. The rooms are a good size, but my guess is there's a limit on how many to a room. Rooms are usually double occupancy (adults). The woman who had two adults and 4 children is to me a typical family (larger than most) but two adults with children.

Here's a question.. I have 6 people in my party. 4 adults, one 5 yr old and a 2 yr old who will be in a crib. I booked 2 rooms. Was that nessesary??

I don't know the answer, but I e-mailed SOG for the official answer. They should respond on Monday and I can post the answer then.

The website says 5 GUESTS per room. My guess is a "guest" means a person of any age. I could be wrong and that is why I have e-mailed for the official answer.

In the past we have done 3 adults and 2 kids (above age 6). It was pretty cramped. Bathroom rotations had to be executed like a ballet, but it was doable as long as everyone is considerate of others needs (and that did not always happen). When I say doable, I mean we managed, but the vacation would have been much better (less stressful) had we reserved 2 rooms rather than trying to save some money and crowd in one. If you do qualify for one room, just make sure you don't get a handicapped room. You need the sinks to be outside the room containing the toilet/tub with that many people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!