***Official November 2013 - Part II*** (that's right....we're that popular!)

I said to my husband last night, "Xipotec ordered tiaras for his wife and daughter, where's my tiara?" I got the Mr. Spock raised eyebrow in return. :rotfl: He may be considering commitment at this point. I did look at some adult tiaras last night on Amazon just for giggles. There were some really nice ones for $20. I'm not really the tiara type though.

I finally caved yesterday morning and turned on the heat too. It was 59 degrees in the house when I woke up and since it was in the low 30's out it was just going to get colder. My mom is up right now too and she can't tolerate the cold the way I can. Right now it is 31 degrees out and we are expecting a high of 53. I hope it stays like this so that I can really appreciate Florida when we get down there.

Yay on your MB's!
I did the same thing to DH - he was like 'uh-huh'... On the plus side though when he scares me and says things like 'one day I'd like to surprise you with a trip' he at least knows who to find online for help lol

And ditto on the heat. I woke up and it was 51 :scared: Definitely amps up the excitement!

So guys, I finally surprised my girls! Here is my video, sorry it is sideways!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clDmOc2Ugkw
Cute :)

I did another one of those last minute changes to my plans and need a new ADR. Who knew getting an 'Ohana at 5pm a few weeks out would be so hard? ;)

That is so sweet of you.

I don't know how cold it got the last 2 nights here, but I caved and turned on the heat.

I will take 65 in a heartbeat.

My MB should be arriving today. :cool1::cheer2::cool1::cheer2:

Heat only on in the living room/kitchen area. Extra blankets went on the bed last night. And the fleece robe was waiting when I got up.

I said to my husband last night, "Xipotec ordered tiaras for his wife and daughter, where's my tiara?" I got the Mr. Spock raised eyebrow in return. :rotfl: He may be considering commitment at this point. I did look at some adult tiaras last night on Amazon just for giggles. There were some really nice ones for $20. I'm not really the tiara type though.

I finally caved yesterday morning and turned on the heat too. It was 59 degrees in the house when I woke up and since it was in the low 30's out it was just going to get colder. My mom is up right now too and she can't tolerate the cold the way I can. Right now it is 31 degrees out and we are expecting a high of 53. I hope it stays like this so that I can really appreciate Florida when we get down there.

Yay on your MB's!

Ya those 30's are tough to not turn on the heat. My bedroom said 64 when I went to bed. I refused to cave and just added a blanket knowing it was going into the 30s outside. Not sure how long I'll be able to hold off, but between baking and extra layers I'm doing ok so far.
Can't wait for FL nights of 65 though. It will be a nice treat. And then in FEbruary when I usually get depressed from being snowed in, I have something to look forward to.

Hear Hear!

Thank you for the valuable information as well. I'm going to find a Tiara and when the first CM says "Good day your majesty", I'm going to turn around to the fam and say "See? I told you so".

I wear my tiara around the house when doing housework sometimes. My family rolls their eyes but I don't care. I feel like Cinderella.

Have you all seen the Disney Florist packages with the glass slipper and tiaras. Wow, to have a prince charming that can afford that. Special.

I managed to pack 99% of my clothes for a 7 day cruise into a carry-on suitcase. Try rolling your clothes that may wrinkle. It may help. Or depending what you're doing, do you have access to an iron or pressing service (if you're on a cruise).

Has any of you heard of magicscarf.com?
They have some really pretty clothes that honestly are wrinkle free.
You can order from the website but I've seen them around in stores. We have a "Paper store" that sells them.
I bought some through a friend last year. It's tricky if you are heavier in the chest area to get the right size on the website, but my friends all had nice outfits that looked really pretty on them.They truly do have a one size fits many ability. I have a nice jacket that I might pack for Disney.

We turned on the heat yesterday too. 37 degrees when the kids were walking to school this morning.

And to add insult to injury, my washer and dryer went a few weeks ago so we had to drop a bundle on them. Then 2 days later we found out that the furnace for the second floor needs to be replaced! They still haven't come yet to do that so we've been sleeping with extra blankets and hope that the heat rises from the first floor.

TG our WDW trip was paid for already or I think DH might have said forget it. The cost of all of these new appliances are what we are spending on WDW. Surprisingly DH said he's glad we are going on the WDW trip because he knows we now won't get there for 2-3 years, with our new addition on the way.

6 days now!!! Less than a week!!!

Frustrated though because the dining website still isn't working for me and won't let me search for tables. This is the second day now. Missed out on coordinating an ADR with another Diser because of it. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Ya those 30's are tough to not turn on the heat. My bedroom said 64 when I went to bed. I refused to cave and just added a blanket

You can order from the website but I've seen them around in stores. We have a "Paper store" that sells them.
I bought some through a friend last year. It's tricky if you are heavier in the chest area to get the right size on the website, but my friends all had nice outfits that looked really pretty on them.They truly do have a one size fits many ability. I have a nice jacket that I might pack for Disney.

I turn on the heat when it hits 67 inside. I need it at 71 inside to be comfortable. I am royalty after all ;). Our heating costs are low in winter though because we have so many windows that when it's sunny during the day, it warms the house right up.

I'm going with my version of tourist attire: hoodie, tshirt, jean capris and runners or my TOMS. That's it for this trip. Trying to pack light.

We turned on the heat yesterday too. 37 degrees when the kids were walking to school this morning.

And to add insult to injury, my washer and dryer went a few weeks ago so we had to drop a bundle on them. Then 2 days later we found out that the furnace for the second floor needs to be replaced! They still haven't come yet to do that so we've been sleeping with extra blankets and hope that the heat rises from the first floor.

TG our WDW trip was paid for already or I think DH might have said forget it. The cost of all of these new appliances are what we are spending on WDW. Surprisingly DH said he's glad we are going on the WDW trip because he knows we now won't get there for 2-3 years, with our new addition on the way.

6 days now!!! Less than a week!!!

Frustrated though because the dining website still isn't working for me and won't let me search for tables. This is the second day now. Missed out on coordinating an ADR with another Diser because of it. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We had a surprise car repair recently so I feel your pain :P.

Congrats on the new babe!!!

I'm still crossing fingers for CRT but the website has been wonky for a couple days :(.

I'll definitely have to check that website out. I hope they ship to Canada....some companies don't ship to Canada :(

I'll definitely have to check that website out. I hope they ship to Canada....some companies don't ship to Canada :(

Hey fellow Canuck! Should we do our secret handshake (where I pass you a Timmies).

So, who's from where in the November posse?

I turn on the heat when it hits 67 inside. I need it at 71 inside to be comfortable. I am royalty after all ;). Our heating costs are low in winter though because we have so many windows that when it's sunny during the day, it warms the house right up.

I'm going with my version of tourist attire: hoodie, tshirt, jean capris and runners or my TOMS. That's it for this trip. Trying to pack light.

If it doesn't get warm during the day, I do struggle more at night. In the winter I do prefer the higher 70ish temps inside. But with the still ok out weather, I can do the cooler and extra blankets at night.
Honestly it's not as much about the cost of the heat as it is about my seeing what I can handle and how long I can hold out. It's a little contest in myself not with anyone else. :rotfl:

Oh I hope they do. If I remember right, they are out of Maine.
As I said for the ladies that are Medium/large.....the regular fit looks really nice. For those like me with XL/boarderline women's sizes......it's been hit or miss for me in being able to fit the top comfortable. I don't like clinging clothes and the regular size can be form fitting on me.

For those with the household repair expenses.....I feel your pain. The past 3 years I've felt the money pit feelings. We've had very limiting health bills too.
So ya I'm glad I've already paid for the vacation and there are few things that would cancel the vacation.

Please keep my family in prayers. My 96 year old grandmother died this week and the funeral is tomorrow. And my husbands 96 year old grandmother fell and there is lots going on there too. DHs family is being very supportive in reassuring us to keep looking forward to our vacation.
It's all so draining to be dealing with your own feelings rationally and then trying to work around others issues.

Ok I blew a lot of yesterday answering emails and on the phone.
I'm going to try to log out of here and go do some constructive things like get my suitcases off my college son's bed so he has a place to sleep tonight if he decides to come home tonight instead of the morning.

:grouphug:

:cheer2: 22 days until my November trip.
And feels super weird to say 99 days for my solo trip! But :cheer2:

Please keep my family in prayers. My 96 year old grandmother died this week and the funeral is tomorrow. And my husbands 96 year old grandmother fell and there is lots going on there too. DHs family is being very supportive in reassuring us to keep looking forward to our vacation.
It's all so draining to be dealing with your own feelings rationally and then trying to work around others issues.
:

Sending healing thoughts to those who have lost and to the Grandma who needs to get well.

For those with the household repair expenses.....I feel your pain. The past 3 years I've felt the money pit feelings. We've had very limiting health bills too.
So ya I'm glad I've already paid for the vacation and there are few things that would cancel the vacation.

I'm going to try to log out of here and go do some constructive things like get my suitcases off my college son's bed so he has a place to sleep tonight if he decides to come home tonight instead of the morning.

Sending good thoughts and take care.:goodvibes

My grandma died this week too. She was 91 and had terminal bone cancer. My family doctor (who delivered me) died on Thanksgiving/Columbus day of a sudden heart attack. And my grandpa just got out of the hospital, needs to go in for surgery, but its very risky and they are not sure they are going to do it. :sad1:

It's been a crappy two weeks. I am hoping some Disney mojo will help. pixiedust:

My grandma died this week too. She was 91 and had terminal bone cancer. My family doctor (who delivered me) died on Thanksgiving/Columbus day of a sudden heart attack. And my grandpa just got out of the hospital, needs to go in for surgery, but its very risky and they are not sure they are going to do it. :sad1:

It's been a crappy two weeks. I am hoping some Disney mojo will help. pixiedust:

Will keep both of you in my prayers :goodvibes :grouphug:

Good thoughts coming your way too.:goodvibes

So guys, I finally surprised my girls! Here is my video, sorry it is sideways!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clDmOc2Ugkw

Love it!!!!

I managed to pack 99% of my clothes for a 7 day cruise into a carry-on suitcase. Try rolling your clothes that may wrinkle. It may help. Or depending what you're doing, do you have access to an iron or pressing service (if you're on a cruise).

Rolling does help, I do this all the time.

I will both of you and your families in my thoughts and prayers.

So very sorry for all who have lost or are dealing with loved ones' illnesses, house repairs, and other expenses :(. I'm a Christian and I believe that satan has a way of making our lives miserable just when we are about to do something that will strengthen us (family vacations, big milestones, etc). This day and age, it seems he is content on destroying families at every turn. He hates it when people love and laugh and it sucks!!!

Not only am I wishing all of you pixiedust for your trip but also God's strength and richest blessings for your families. Hang in there and lean on one another! pixiedust:pixiedust:

We've fought off sickie bugs and our TV (of less than 3 yrs old) went out this week. DH's first reaction was to go out and buy another :scared1: but managed to keep that impulse under control and call a repair shop. It's beyond me how something where a part costs less than $50 can cost $348+ to repair. Still cheaper than buying new but ridiculous nonetheless. I'm all for small businesses thriving but that's just crazy. Also, from what I read, the repair isn't all that technical (I could understand if it was an intense repair). Oh well. Presently, we are watching via DH's computer monitor. There are definitely worse travesties in the world!!!

17 more days til our trip!!!!! We can do this!! :banana:

Haven't read here in a while, sorry to hear of all the struggles all the November travelers are having. THoughts and prayers to you all!

We've been struggling to stay healthy and such at my house. Hopefully the worst is behind us and we'll be left with good health for the trip!

So, we decided we can't wait to get out of here and changed our plans to arrive a day early! Yay! I was hoping to get it added as a night on our FD package, but for now it is room only. Leading me to a question...

One of the health issues we've been battling is with my DD15 and some bronchial stuff. At this very moment, I'm not 100 percent sure what the cause is. I am going to request VIP cleaning of the room. I will have to do this on both reservations. Do you think that increases my chances of not having to switch rooms? I'm hoping it does!

Oh, got my 1st set of magic bands just now! Didn't understand what everyone was so excited about, but I do find this somehow makes me happier today! My box has Mrs. Incredible on it. Is that because she is the character I chose for myself on MDE, or is it the same way everyone's comes?

Think I'm gonna go change my ticker. Have a great day everyone!pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter