***Official November 2013 - Part II*** (that's right....we're that popular!)

. Plenty to keep me busy till it's time to plan another trip though, like finally tackling scrapbooking our trip. (yeah, I know, I'm just a little bit behind;))

Haven't started mine yet either! And am behind about two years on my kids' scrapbooks too.

Anyone still around? I miss this group. :sad2:

So my DH's good friend is getting married in Cancun next spring and DH REALLY doesn't like destination weddings. So as we were discussing if we should go, or if the kids were invited, if he should go by himself, etc, he says, "we may as well go to Disney at that point". Um o.k., I'm in. :thumbsup2 :cheer2:
I didn't bring attention to it at the time, but I sure will be reminding him when we get this all sorted out. If I could somehow talk him into going at that same time the wedding would be, it would be a whole year earlier than planned. Here's hoping Disney has some really great offers next Spring so I can talk him into it!
Hey, it slipped out of his mouth, he must have been thinking of it on some level...it's worth a try!
I guess you all won't think it is weird that I'd rather go to Disney than Cancun, right?

So my DH's good friend is getting married in Cancun next spring and DH REALLY doesn't like destination weddings. So as we were discussing if we should go, or if the kids were invited, if he should go by himself, etc, he says, "we may as well go to Disney at that point". Um o.k., I'm in. :thumbsup2 :cheer2:
I didn't bring attention to it at the time, but I sure will be reminding him when we get this all sorted out. If I could somehow talk him into going at that same time the wedding would be, it would be a whole year earlier than planned. Here's hoping Disney has some really great offers next Spring so I can talk him into it!
Hey, it slipped out of his mouth, he must have been thinking of it on some level...it's worth a try!
I guess you all won't think it is weird that I'd rather go to Disney than Cancun, right?

I would have tried to book something right then and there! And I'd totally go to Disney over Cancun any day.
I'm probably going to a family wedding myself this year, although its only in Colorado. It would be over 14 hours one way to drive over just a weekend, so I'll have to fly out on my own. Not sure I would do Cancun solo. Good friend or not, destination weddings can be such a burden on people. I've only been invited to one and couldn't go as I was 36 weeks pregnant and didnt want to risk having problems in Mexico. It would have been about $3000 for just me and DH to go.

I would have tried to book something right then and there! And I'd totally go to Disney over Cancun any day.
I'm probably going to a family wedding myself this year, although its only in Colorado. It would be over 14 hours one way to drive over just a weekend, so I'll have to fly out on my own. Not sure I would do Cancun solo. Good friend or not, destination weddings can be such a burden on people. I've only been invited to one and couldn't go as I was 36 weeks pregnant and didnt want to risk having problems in Mexico. It would have been about $3000 for just me and DH to go.

We haven't been given the information yet, but, yeah, I can't see it happening now that I think about it. Even if it is (only) $3,000, that's slightly more than half what we paid for our Disney trip last fall for a family of 5! That would probably mean and extra year of waiting!
And you're right, I should have booked right then! I guess I was just very tired at the time and taken of guard.
I never understood why everyone gets so upset about the cost of a Disney vacation. To be honest, when you compare it to other destinations, it most often comes out cheaper. Believe me, I've looked into it...I had to prove it to DH. ;) Now that's staying at a moderate, not deluxe, but a Disney moderate is a pretty darn good quality resort!

We haven't been given the information yet, but, yeah, I can't see it happening now that I think about it. Even if it is (only) $3,000, that's slightly more than half what we paid for our Disney trip last fall for a family of 5! That would probably mean and extra year of waiting! And you're right, I should have booked right then! I guess I was just very tired at the time and taken of guard. I never understood why everyone gets so upset about the cost of a Disney vacation. To be honest, when you compare it to other destinations, it most often comes out cheaper. Believe me, I've looked into it...I had to prove it to DH. ;) Now that's staying at a moderate, not deluxe, but a Disney moderate is a pretty darn good quality resort!
I don't know if I'll get to do deluxe any time soon. I'd love to to Beach Club sometime but it's just so expensive. If FD doesn't come out for this Fall, I thought we would maybe do a split stay with the last two days or so at the Poly, but it's going to be all torn up so now I am not so sure. I can't do values (or CBR) because the full size beds sound awful. I wish there were moderate choices. I really liked both POFQ and CSR and am sure POR would be fine too. The price of deluxe is just so high. Maybe if I ever get to stay at one I'll see how much more wonderful they are and not be able to go back to moderates. But I'll take a moderate with more frequent trips.

I think his logic makes sense, and I'd start doing some research and crunching some numbers if I were you! Good luck with the planning!

I don't know if I'll get to do deluxe any time soon. I'd love to to Beach Club sometime but it's just so expensive. If FD doesn't come out for this Fall, I thought we would maybe do a split stay with the last two days or so at the Poly, but it's going to be all torn up so now I am not so sure. I can't do values (or CBR) because the full size beds sound awful. I wish there were moderate choices. I really liked both POFQ and CSR and am sure POR would be fine too. The price of deluxe is just so high. Maybe if I ever get to stay at one I'll see how much more wonderful they are and not be able to go back to moderates. But I'll take a moderate with more frequent trips.

I agree about the full vs. queen beds now that we've done both values and mod (and with the boys not preferring to share a smaller bed since they're bigger), but after doing AKL I don't feel we're too spoiled to not go back to CSR or even one of the PO resorts. Besides, building up to staying at a deluxe gives you something to look forward to and reasons to keep coming back!

Our older DS is graduating this year, and was planning to do two years at our local college for his basics (he'll already have four credits from taking dual credit classes in hs), then transfer to a four year college, but now he's thinking about going into the Air Force to do something in the medical field and is in the process of seeing what job they can guarantee him before he makes a decision. Depending on what he gets will depend on how long his tech school will be before he gets a duty assignment.
I was planning a trip next summer to celebrate both the boys' freshmen years, but now I'm thinking we should plan it for whenever he finishes tech school if he goes that route. And we may kidnap his girlfriend for the trip, because she hasn't been since she was six, and her mom is an anti-Disney meanie, but her and her dad love Disney. Of course that will affect our resort room options, but we'll see.
They went to prom last night, and their friend made them the cutest shirts to wear to the after party (another friend's parents rented out this jump castle place) because the theme of prom was "On Cloud Nine," the colors were blue and silver and so was her dress:

Anyone else planning trips in the near future?

I think his logic makes sense, and I'd start doing some research and crunching some numbers if I were you! Good luck with the planning!

I agree about the full vs. queen beds now that we've done both values and mod (and with the boys not preferring to share a smaller bed since they're bigger), but after doing AKL I don't feel we're too spoiled to not go back to CSR or even one of the PO resorts. Besides, building up to staying at a deluxe gives you something to look forward to and reasons to keep coming back!

Our older DS is graduating this year, and was planning to do two years at our local college for his basics (he'll already have four credits from taking dual credit classes in hs), then transfer to a four year college, but now he's thinking about going into the Air Force to do something in the medical field and is in the process of seeing what job they can guarantee him before he makes a decision. Depending on what he gets will depend on how long his tech school will be before he gets a duty assignment.
I was planning a trip next summer to celebrate both the boys' freshmen years, but now I'm thinking we should plan it for whenever he finishes tech school if he goes that route. And we may kidnap his girlfriend for the trip, because she hasn't been since she was six, and her mom is an anti-Disney meanie, but her and her dad love Disney. Of course that will affect our resort room options, but we'll see.
They went to prom last night, and their friend made them the cutest shirts to wear to the after party (another friend's parents rented out this jump castle place) because the theme of prom was "On Cloud Nine," the colors were blue and silver and so was her dress:

Anyone else planning trips in the near future?

Sydney, I LOVE the Beauty and Beast prom t-shirts! Poor girl, thank goodness someone teaches her a love of Disney! ;)

Unfortunately, our next trip was not originally "planned" until fall of 2015 at the earliest, but I kind of intended a spring 2016 trip just because I love that time of year at Disney.
Anyone have any thoughts on the weeks surrounding Easter either 2015 or 2015? Not Easter break weeks, but the ones before or after that. I'm having a hard time researching this since the date of Easter varies so greatly each year and I need lower crowd weeks for my sensory challenged boy.

I used to go at the beginning of May for sales meeting with work and loved it.
Nechville, we always stayed at YBC/Boardwalk, and I loved it there, but I honestly love POR just as much. I'd SO much rather go back more often than stay deluxe. I think the only thing that I might sway me to pay the extra for a deluxe, at least right now while the kids are young and funding is tight, might be the transportation. I never had a problem with bussing at POR, both times I stayed there I went at lower crowd level times.
Now, I can say I DO greatly prefer the moderates to values. I only stayed at AoA, but I still preferred POR.
I guess it could be that, for the cost difference for us, a family of 5, there is not nearly as much of a price jump from value to moderate as there is from moderate to deluxe, and I just like the theming of the moderates better. I am hoping CBR's currently rumored refurb does include a Murphy bed, I'd love to try it there!

Went last Nov 13'. Hoping to go again Nov 15'. Stinks that I can't plan anything yet...that's half the fun

To all my November 2013 peeps!!!

Hi Everyone! Happy Spring. Can't believe it was a year ago that I was planning my 25th anniversary vacation and stumbled on these boards.

Well I'm happy to report, there is a glimpse of hope that Anniversary 26 might be at Disney. DH and I have been working hard and saving our Disney points and putting the extras away. We were talking tonight that we don't want to decide now, but we are considering taking a vacation and this time are considering going a bit earlier than last year which would be the week of our actual anniversary during Wine and food.

We have some things do take care of before we make our final plans, but that gives Disney time to decide what they will do for the Fall promotions.
:thumbsup2

I told DH that I would even be happy to go do a value resort so we can rent a car and go off property a couple days. We shall see.

I've got to go over the November 2014 and see what peeps moved over there and make some new peep friends.
:dance3:

We shall see.

To all my November 2013 peeps!!! Hi Everyone! Happy Spring. Can't believe it was a year ago that I was planning my 25th anniversary vacation and stumbled on these boards. Well I'm happy to report, there is a glimpse of hope that Anniversary 26 might be at Disney. DH and I have been working hard and saving our Disney points and putting the extras away. We were talking tonight that we don't want to decide now, but we are considering taking a vacation and this time are considering going a bit earlier than last year which would be the week of our actual anniversary during Wine and food. We have some things do take care of before we make our final plans, but that gives Disney time to decide what they will do for the Fall promotions. :thumbsup2 I told DH that I would even be happy to go do a value resort so we can rent a car and go off property a couple days. We shall see. I've got to go over the November 2014 and see what peeps moved over there and make some new peep friends. :dance3: We shall see.
Some of your old friends are on November 2014 too!

Can you PM me? I would love to get the encyclopedia pages from you but I can't PM yet.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts