***Official November 2013 - Part II*** (that's right....we're that popular!)

iPhone. I was surprised I liked it since its not a disney app but it gives crowd calendars wait times etc. seems to work ok. Something else to play with while I countdown LOL

You just found it in the App store? I haven't been able to find it. What is the name of it please.

Its a little discouraging. TP recommends the opposite of EasyWDW. Which do you all prefer?

TP only takes into consideration attraction wait times, as such data is completely objective you get a no nonsense recommendation. However, it is based on ride times from the same time period/day of week from last year and current trends in wait times. It does not take into consideration special events that can alter attendance.

Josh only gives a number for overall crowds, not crowds at specific parks so you have to look as his actual recommendations for the why. I made my park plans before looking at Josh's website based on what I learned on my last trip and after I found out about his website and compared we seemed to agree on a lot.

Remember that the time of year you go has a lot more effect on the crowds than anything else. Common sense will tell you that if there is a night during party season with no party, late hours, and a MSEP then MK is going to be a lot more crowded that day than on the other days. However, that doesn't mean you shouldn't go and that park may still have much lower crowds than that same park on a recommended day during an overall busier time of year.

Plus, if you have hoppers and are staying onsite that changes things too. You might want to spend your day at a recommended park and then hop to a non-recommended park for EMH and nighttime entertainment.

I just downloaded a free app from undercover tourist it seems pretty helpful

The free app is nice, but with the subscription you get all of the wait times, show times, etc. The free app does not give you all of this information - only a select few rides. I think the subscription is $8 and I use it a lot in the parks so it is worth the money to me.

I think UTs crowd calender is relatively new. And I dont think they've ever posted their methodology. Looks slick and people have reported good experiences. I just inherently distrust numbers if I can't see how they are derived.

I think UTs crowd calender is relatively new. And I dont think they've ever posted their methodology. Looks slick and people have reported good experiences. I just inherently distrust numbers if I can't see how they are derived.

They can't truly predict yet I still Find myself reading everything anyway lol

The free app is nice, but with the subscription you get all of the wait times, show times, etc. The free app does not give you all of this information - only a select few rides. I think the subscription is $8 and I use it a lot in the parks so it is worth the money to me.

That's true I have paid for Some disney apps many disney apps. Ack lol. but I read them more while counting down then when in the parks lol

They were spot on for me last year! Each day was great!

I thought 11/22 was a MVMCP night and you had to have a ticket to the party to be able to go to the dessert party? That's what I was told over the phone by a cast member when I was trying to book the dessert party. You might want to double check before it's too late to cancel and you can't get in.

Yes that is a MvMCP night and you would be correct that you need to have a ticket for MVMCP to get to that reservation!
I hope she sees this post.

Don't worry guys, I'm pretty sure she just typed the wrong date because when she gave me her schedule it was 11/24 that she had question marks next to and that is the day that the hours have been extended until 1am. She has 11/22 as her rest day pool/shopping day.

I should never try and make an ADR after midnight :rolleyes1
Yes I goofed next morning I was able to cancel. I wanted to reschedule to a different night but they are all booked up :sad2:

I'm going to keep checking maybe someone will cancel.
Thanks so much for thinking about me :grouphug:

I agree, although that was the only one I knew about when I was picking my dates so I hope they are right.

I believe the wait times on the UT app are derived from people's reports, but how many people really report their wait times on the app? It loads a lot faster than MDE though, so I'm sure we will be checking it for wait times more than MDE unless we also need to know the Fastpass return time.

No info, just cut it. The colored part is supposed to snap out if you want to make it smaller (it is designed that way and there is a picture of how to do it inside the top of the box), but my boys liked the gray surround. Mine wouldn't fit if I took off the gray part so I had to cut it if I wanted it smaller.

I rounded the edge a bit with the scissors and then I took an emery board to the edge to get rid of any rough edges. The part you cut is hidden when you are done so you don't have to worry about it looking bad - just don't cut it too short.

O.K. I will try this. I wasn't really worried about it looking bad, just the feel of it for my sensory challenged children. Hopefully the emory board thing will do the trick. If not, I guess they will have to go without the grey surround.

I should never try and make an ADR after midnight :rolleyes1
Yes I goofed next morning I was able to cancel. I wanted to reschedule to a different night but they are all booked up :sad2:

I'm going to keep checking maybe someone will cancel.
Thanks so much for thinking about me :grouphug:

We got your back babe. I was so hoping you had just posted the wrong date so that you were able to get the ADR, it stinks that you had the wrong date in your head.

Thanks, really wish I could have convinced everyone to get a different color though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter