• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official November 2013 - Part II*** (that's right....we're that popular!)

Neither. Both. You have to understand something about how the numbers are calculated and recommendations are made to know which one works for you on a given day. I never used TP recommendations because I didn't like the rules they were based on, so I'm not sorry they got rid of them. Having said that, I don't/can't always go by Josh's recommendations and in those cases I like that TP has park level crowd numbers. It gives me a better way to compare between days. On the other hand, if I'm going to Food & Wine, TP numbers are useless because they're just based on wait times.

So the answer is, it depends. If that all sounds like too much work for you though (I'm a data geek so don't mind me) use Josh's recommendations; they'll steer you in the right direction most of the time. :-)

I do think, for that reason, TP is going to regret getting rid of the recommendations entirely.

I found, for my dates, they weren't all that different. My plans look pretty good according to both and I'm not changing a thing!

O.K. I will try this. I wasn't really worried about it looking bad, just the feel of it for my sensory challenged children. Hopefully the emory board thing will do the trick. If not, I guess they will have to go without the grey surround.

If I can get my phone back from my kids I'll take pictures to show you.

Thanks! I'm going to check this out and see if I want to spend the $8 for the full app. My DH is going to hate all this, I can tell already!

I didn't pay fir the full app the only difference is the ads I want to use it a but first then ill decide

Per an earlier convo: in case anyone missed toy story last night, here's the guide for upcoming reruns :)

October 19th, 8pm EDT - ABC Family
October 20th, 7:30pm EDT - ABC Family
October 25th, 8pm EDT - Disney Channel
October 26th, 11am EDT - Disney Channel
October 28th, 7:30pm EDT - Disney XD
October 29th, 7pm EDT - Disney XD
October 30th, 7:30pm EDT - Disney Junior
October 31st, 5pm EDT - Disney Junior
November 27th, 9:45pm EDT - Disney Channel

I think I'm going hands free in the parks. I'll be risking not being able to adjust MB FP+ times if needed within the park but I just really don't like being "connected" on vacation.

DS let himself get freaked out after watching it last night. Despite watching it at least 6 times, he needed his Daddy to sleep with him and STILL asked to watch it again this morning!!!

Yeah. I don't get him. ;)

Will I still get email updates if my TP crowd calendar changes? I'm beginning to wonder... I haven't received any email in months for Nov 11-17. ;/

Per an earlier convo: in case anyone missed toy story last night, here's the guide for upcoming reruns :)

Thanks! My kids will definitely want to see this. I didn't realize it was on last night.

Is this the same Toy Story short they have on Netflix? Think it was seven minutes long. (Went with Skyfall instead)

Just found something interesting... Logged into my travel partner's MDE account (because I'm the one that set it up and is making ALL the plans :lmao:) and found an interesting FP+ glitch. On our EP day, I had been moving our FP+ all over the place, trying to figure out what our 3rd will be since there are only two we want. Somewhere in that switching mess, it assigned a second FP+ for the Land. :confused3 (Would have liked the glitch to happen with Soarin' or TT, but oh well.) I haven't checked my MDE account yet today :-)eek:) to see if I also have 4 FP+ for EP. Maybe I will try to change one to TT... :scratchin

Already have it set to record for the 19th. I can't believe my kids neglected to tell me about this show. They are obviously slacking in their TV watching duties.

I think I'm going hands free in the parks. I'll be risking not being able to adjust MB FP+ times if needed within the park but I just really don't like being "connected" on vacation.

I don't like being connected when I'm out of the house at all, except to my hubby. I'm excellent at ignoring the phone even when it is in my pocket. My v-mail even tells callers that I probably won't be checking my messages. :rotfl2: I figure the phone is for my convenience, not the convenience of others. I'll have it in case hubby and I need to split up for any reason, we can quickly text each other then. Plus I will have to know the wait times, you know, just because I can. ;)

DS let himself get freaked out after watching it last night. Despite watching it at least 6 times, he needed his Daddy to sleep with him and STILL asked to watch it again this morning!!!

Yeah. I don't get him. ;)

Sounds like my kids.

DS let himself get freaked out after watching it last night. Despite watching it at least 6 times, he needed his Daddy to sleep with him and STILL asked to watch it again this morning!!! Yeah. I don't get him. ;)

Lol!! My kids too!!!! My dd was so scared for Jessie, she grabbed her and told her she's gonna be ok!! Lol! Kids are amazing :)

Is this the same Toy Story short they have on Netflix? Think it was seven minutes long. (Went with Skyfall instead)

This show was on for 30min (with commercials). It's not a ts short, it was more like a "special" episode

Just found something interesting... Logged into my travel partner's MDE account (because I'm the one that set it up and is making ALL the plans :lmao:) and found an interesting FP+ glitch. On our EP day, I had been moving our FP+ all over the place, trying to figure out what our 3rd will be since there are only two we want. Somewhere in that switching mess, it assigned a second FP+ for the Land. :confused3 (Would have liked the glitch to happen with Soarin' or TT, but oh well.) I haven't checked my MDE account yet today :-)eek:) to see if I also have 4 FP+ for EP. Maybe I will try to change one to TT... :scratchin

The happened to me to. I hav 4 on our Epcot day

I am driving myself nuts thinking I need to switch some things around. My sister arrives late Monday night and is staying off-site, she plans to meets us Tuesday morning at POR and check-in then head to AK. But AK now opens at 8am and I don't think we will get there that early. We already have an ADR at 50s PTC so I thought we would make Tuesday our DHS day, move AK to Thanksgiving along with still going to DHS for Fantasmic.

I am now also questioning if I should get FP+'s for our morning park instead of our evening park. We normally in the evening eat dinner, catch some of the low key attractions and watch the nighttime shows.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

I am driving myself nuts thinking I need to switch some things around. My sister arrives late Monday night and is staying off-site, she plans to meets us Tuesday morning at POR and check-in then head to AK. But AK now opens at 8am and I don't think we will get there that early. We already have an ADR at 50s PTC so I thought we would make Tuesday our DHS day, move AK to Thanksgiving along with still going to DHS for Fantasmic.

I am now also questioning if I should get FP+'s for our morning park instead of our evening park. We normally in the evening eat dinner, catch some of the low key attractions and watch the nighttime shows.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

I personally like morning FP times. For us, it's more of a chance to stick to the plan of leaving for a break after lunch and helps me not fret about missing favourites/classics. I also don't like rushing at dinner (be it QS or TS). I also don't know how "the bears" will wake or feel in the evenings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter