***Official November 2013 - Part II*** (that's right....we're that popular!)

Soarin for a 5 year old? I have never been on it and don't know if it would scare her? She loves thrill rides and coaster (kid coasters). Her favorite ride is Pirates of the Caribbean. While I'm asking how about Big Thunder Mountian? She is now tall enough for many older rides. Dinosaur? I've never done dinosaur either.

Dinosaur can be a little scary so I would say that would depend on the child. If she likes coasters already BTM should be fine. Soaring' should be fine as well, just prep her for being lifted and held up. You can also pull up the rides on YouTube to show her and see how she reacts. There are actually a lot of things I forgot about in some rides that I noticed when watching them too. I have to pay more attention than most though, for my autism spectrum boy. : )

Dinosaur can be a little scary so I would say that would depend on the child. If she likes coasters already BTM should be fine. Soaring' should be fine as well, just prep her for being lifted and held up. You can also pull up the rides on YouTube to show her and see how she reacts. There are actually a lot of things I forgot about in some rides that I noticed when watching them too. I have to pay more attention than most though, for my autism spectrum boy. : )

Good to know. I'll also YouTube them.

Ethan loved the Barnstormer last year. We didn't take him on Dinosaur b/c he was right at 39". Though some CM's were flexible about letting him do things (We totally understand the safety factor but with rides like Star Tours, they were really nice about letting him on anyway), we were surprising him with a special meet and greet with Darth Vader at Hollywood Studios later that afternoon so we were also trying to keep him as less-stressed as possible. He likes dinosaurs a lot but not when they are roaring loudly. Once we let the cat out of the bag about our trip, I'll let him see what the ride is like and decide for himself. I'm hoping he'll love BTMRR. I've never ridden it, myself. It looks fun.

rut roh!!
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Do the Magic Bands have a pin associated with them?

I vaguely remember setting up a code and um I'm not positive what the code was that I set and was it for the magic bands.
Oh pooooooooooooopy on this.
How do I make sure we don't run into a problem?
I imagine the CM at the resort and reset it if the # I'm thinking isn't right.
Big giant sigh.
:sad1::sad:

Thank you!

rut roh!!
Correct me if I'm wrong.

I vaguely remember setting up a code and um I'm not positive what the code was that I set and was it for the magic bands.
Big giant sigh.

Do u mean that u set one up for online checkin? That's the only time I've heard of a PIN being mentioned. It's so u can charge to your room.

I hope u get it sorted out

My five year old boy went on them all (except the 48" rides). He loved them all. Rode Big Thunder five times in a row one quiet morning. He did Soarin once. He rode Dinosaur twice but I think that was a little scary because in the picture from the ride he is holding his hands over his eyes!

Thank You!

Thank You!

rut roh!!
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Big giant sigh.

Just modify your online check in and you can pick a new pin.

rut roh!!
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Big giant sigh.

This isn't a problem. I tested the bands in August. I did not remember entering a pin but probably did so I had no idea what that pin was. So when I checked in I just asked if I could change my magicbnd pin and they said no problem. They hand you the little number pad and you enter your 4 digit code twice and enter it. :thumbsup2

This isn't a problem. I tested the bands in August. I did not remember entering a pin but probably did so I had no idea what that pin was. So when I checked in I just asked if I could change my magicbnd pin and they said no problem. They hand you the little number pad and you enter your 4 digit code twice and enter it. :thumbsup2

There's no pin associated with MB it must be the credit card who can charge pin

26 dayssss. Second set of MBs coming today or tommirow because of Columbus Day ... Still haven't seen any parade FP PLUS for early nov

Speaking of little ones riding rides. My 2.5 yr old should be 40" when we go if he's not already. I have seen signs that say 40" or 3. He is very big for his age so I don't think they will doubt him not being at least 3 but at the same time I worry that these rides may be too much for him. Any thoughts?

Soarin for a 5 year old? I have never been on it and don't know if it would scare her? She loves thrill rides and coaster (kid coasters). Her favorite ride is Pirates of the Caribbean. While I'm asking how about Big Thunder Mountian? She is now tall enough for many older rides. Dinosaur? I've never done dinosaur either.

My daughter was 4 1/2 (very tall for her age) rode all of those rides and loved them except Dinosaur. That ride is a bit scary for younger children. Soarin is great. Big Thunder Mountain is fun too...a bit jerky, but fun!

I have no idea about any kind of pin. :scared: that is for the heads up on this. I need to check it out.

I think you only need a pin if you want to have charging privileges. If you don't use online check in you will choose one when you check in. It is just a way to keep your account safe should your band pop off and also keeps things from being rung up under your account accidentally if your band is too close to a reader.

Do u mean that u set one up for online checkin? That's the only time I've heard of a PIN being mentioned. It's so u can charge to your room.

I hope u get it sorted out

Just modify your online check in and you can pick a new pin.

I have no idea about any kind of pin. :scared: that is for the heads up on this. I need to check it out.

I think you only need a pin if you want to have charging privileges. If you don't use online check in you will choose one when you check in. It is just a way to keep your account safe should your band pop off and also keeps things from being rung up under your account accidentally if your band is too close to a reader.

THATS IT!!!! I knew I had to pick a pin at some point for something and it was 4 digits but I couldn't remember where. and I knew it had to do with my MB. I'll go look at modify check in and see if I can change it there. Otherwise I'm not worried about charging to my room. I have to carry my Disney Visa around with me anyway if I want discounts.

Love you all!!! So super helpful to have people that can remember things for me. I'm super glad because people around here are tired of me even giving them the countdown and I just need more social time about Disney than they are offering. Some would say "get a life" but I guess most of you would agree that right now "Disney is my life" and that's ok. I know it will be here and gone before I know it. And probably pretty lonely since a lot of you are going the week before me, but hopefully the rest of you will still keep me connected until we all leave.

Gonna have an andriod tablet with us, so I hope to be connected during vacation. Of course that is if I sit still long enough.

:grouphug:

THATS IT!!!! I knew I had to pick a pin at some point for something and it was 4 digits but I couldn't remember where. and I knew it had to do with my MB. I'll go look at modify check in and see if I can change it there. Otherwise I'm not worried about charging to my room. I have to carry my Disney Visa around with me anyway if I want discounts.

Love you all!!! So super helpful to have people that can remember things for me. I'm super glad because people around here are tired of me even giving them the countdown and I just need more social time about Disney than they are offering. Some would say "get a life" but I guess most of you would agree that right now "Disney is my life" and that's ok. I know it will be here and gone before I know it. And probably pretty lonely since a lot of you are going the week before me, but hopefully the rest of you will still keep me connected until we all leave.

Gonna have an andriod tablet with us, so I hope to be connected during vacation. Of course that is if I sit still long enough.

so either I'm entering the same code and it's messing up the system, or the online check in modification option is broken right now. :rotfl2:
I did find the pin code thing in there and tried to set one but it's not letting me do it right now. At least I feel a little better knowing what it was for and so on. As I said if I can't get it fixed at the desk, I'll have my Disney Visa with me anyway.

Thanks everyone.

I was wondering the same thing. I just "discovered" it the other day but then everyone started talking about the Sorcerers thing so I figured that was better. I'm wondering if the pirates might be better for younger kids? I keep going back and forth as to which I want to try.

How old are your kids? I think, generally speaking, Pirates would probably be better for younger kids and also for kids that aren't big into card type games. Pirates and Agent P are more interactive within the park.

I read a blog about the pirate thing and it sounds really cool, more interactive and not so much a screen thing. We are going to try both and then continue on with whichever one we like more. I read that each quest takes about 20 minutes and you can stop and start back up whenever you want. My boys are going to be ecstatic. They love MagiQuest at the Great Wolf Lodge. Not weird at all! Very cool about the later MK closing, but HS has been scheduled to close at 8pm the whole time so that is.

My DS11 is also a huge Magiquest fan. He wants to go to the big site in S.C. :-)

My son also loves SOTMK. I would say though that Pirates is probably better for younger kids. Actually, it's supposedly geared to younger kids and some reviewers said it won't present much of a challenge to older kids. SOTMK, on the other hand, can be a little hard to follow and managing all the cards is a challenge. We're going to do Pirates in the morning because it's new but we'll probably never do it again. We have most of the afternoon dedicated to SOTMK.

Also planning to do some Wilderness Explorers (just watched Up this weekend) and, of course, Agent P.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter