***Official November 2013 - Part II*** (that's right....we're that popular!)

When looking at park hours for someone else I'm helping, I decided to look at our times again too, and discovered that they'd extended some hours! Yipee!
Now on DHS night, they're open till 8 not 7, and emh are 8-10!
On MK day we still get morning emh 8-9, but they're open till 10pm not 9.
AK day they're open till 7pm not 5.
Also, we'll be hopping to MK that night, and instead of 9pm closing with 9-11pm emh, we now get midnight closing with 12-2am emh!!! My kids are beyond excited about that one, since it's our last night!

I'm wondering what time it'll get dark. I think it'd be awesome to ride EE in the dark! We have fp+ for the 4:30pm FotLK show, and I originally planned to leave after that to get to MK for our 7pm adr's for BOG. Does anyone think we can do EE after FotLK and still make it to BOG in time? We have fp+ for EE earlier in the day, and we could even do the single rider line for it the second time. Just thought it might be cool.

Yey! One of our favorite Disney songs! We all swear we can "smell" the ride when we hear the song- is that weird?

Lawl, no its not weird....every time I see a pic of the POLY GCH I think i get a little dizzy...now thats weird..

Don't even joke about snow stopping us. I purposely didn't book at the end of October for precisely that reason. My boys keep telling me this is the year for the Monsoon to ruin Halloween. If snow is in the forecast for my departure date I will be heading to Newark the night before and begging JetBlue to let me take an earlier flight. If that doesn't work maybe we will meet on the road when we are picked up by some trucker while walking down 95.

Glad I'm not the only one paranoid about the end of October. But I guess back to back major power outage storms the last week in October does that to us. We do have a generator so that will help us not have major power outage issues. :)

;) But Disney is so organized normally :lmao:

In their own little way they are. ;)

I'm beginning to think that EasyWDW is going to be wrong about HS being a good pick for the 18th, we are all going to be there. See you all in the FP line for Fantasmic!

;)

LOL this is very funny. If you think about it, of course the predictions will be off if people have access to the internet and all read that same prediction and try to go for the lower crowd days. :rotfl2:
That is why I'm not afraid of EMH days and so on. I'm just going with a flexible attitude.

9:15am Jetblue out of Newark. My husband thought I was nuts when I suggested flying out on the 7am flight - I was trying not to miss a minute in Disney. If the flight is on time we should be landing a couple of minutes before noon.

Our flight time keep changing from 7am to 7:30am. Makes me laugh.
But anyway the airport we are flying from only has one flight out in the morning to Orlando and one flight back in the afternoon. It's a small airport that Jet blue is the only airline flying out of it and that isn't starting until the first week in November. It's pretty exciting. At least for me because it makes my ability to get away so much easier than the other bigger airports. :cool1:

But anyway, I'm quite happy with the leaving flight, just wish the return home flight was a little later in the day so I could have enjoyed a Disney morning.
The flight is at 12:30 or 1pm (depending on the day as that keep changing too) so according to Disney Magical Express we have to leave around 10am. pout pout. Now if the return home flight is delayed, I'll just have to suck that one up and find a nice hotel with a pool nearby in Orlando. :)

But what % of American are you?

I never notice anyone saying they are American. It's always Irish, French, Italian, English..........What about American? Why doesn't this country get a nationality? After all our ancestors left those other countries for a better life here in America. :confused3

That's so funny because that's what I always say. When people ask me "what ate you?", my first response is "I am a true American!" I say that because I am do much of a mutt, I think I have a little of everything in me! Probably most of my heritage from either side though, ironically is Irish.

Plus my daughter will be in the Thanksgiving parade at MK. I couldn't pass that up! :rotfl2:

That is so cool, is she a CM or was she invited for some other reason?

They haven't changed the hours for my week, Nov 17-23. It's been the same since they released them. :( I would really like a longer HS day on the 21st, 8pm kind of saddens me. Oh well!!

They did change a couple of hours that week, but most changes are occurring on the weekends during the less busy hours. AK and MK have later closes on the 23rd now, and MK also has a later close on the 18th. I would like HS to have an extra hour too, 8pm is a little ridiculous especially with Fantasmic at 6:30.

Question for all you professionals!!! Do you think it'll be worth it to do FP+ selection for Main Street electrical parade? I'd hate to use a FP selection if it's not going to be for a great spot. Anyone know if there is a good spot that for FP users? TIA!

Right now the spot is on the Hub looking at the castle so you see the parade with the castle as the backdrop. You can stay there for the fireworks, but you are a bit close to the castle for that.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: This is the same way I feel about my Dr. Pepper (which is another reason I need to have a fridge in my room, but I digress)! Don't frickin' mess with it! :)

I've actually stopped going to restaurants that get rid of Coke. I think I need an intervention.

This does sound cool! And I didn't mention it because it's fairly new and I didn't know whether it would be rolled out for our trips. Have fun playing!

Maybe I'll forgive you.

The 16 your ? day is the first day of downtowns Christmas festival of the seasons. Santa Claus will be there

Cool, I didn't know that, I didn't think we were going to be lucky enough to see Santa. That is the night we are going to DTD. I know Saturday's are the worst night to go, but that is our Animal Kingdom day and it was supposed to close at 5pm so I made reservations for Raglan Road at 7:30pm figuring we might leave AK earlier and spend some time at the resort. Now AK is open until 7pm and I'll be tempted to stay later to ride EE at night. Not sure what we should do. Maybe hang at the resort in the morning and go to AK later and then straight to DTD? We really want to enjoy the resort a little more this time. It's not like it is inexpensive.

I place a garden grocer order just so I can have my Dr Pepper! I tell my husband it's for snacks, water, and breakfast items, but the whole reason I looked into it in the first place was for Dr Pepper!

Ha, I get that. Although I'm weird, I don't care if I have Diet Coke at home and I don't buy it much anymore, but when I am out at a restaurant I have to have it. We have the FD plan so we will have the refillable mug, I think I will be all Diet Coked out by the end of the trip.

We've got time blocked on our MK morning to play all 5 rounds of this. If you're there on Nov 1, you can find us there. I just bought a pack of pirate bandanas. :-)

Nope, not November 1st, we hit MK on the 15th and 19th. My two youngest will be turned into pirates after lunch on the 15th so I think we will have to change our plans for that afternoon and do a quest. On the 19th we were planning on taking a break in the afternoon, but with so many exciting things to do it is going to be hard. Part of me wants to switch our arrival day to MK now, but we have an ADR at Chefs de Paris that I really want to keep. First world problems.

I've actually stopped going to restaurants that get rid of Coke. I think I need an intervention.

Ha, I get that. Although I'm weird, I don't care if I have Diet Coke at home and I don't buy it much anymore, but when I am out at a restaurant I have to have it. We have the FD plan so we will have the refillable mug, I think I will be all Diet Coked out by the end of the trip.

Ummmmm I happened to be a Diet Pepsi girl myself. :duck:
So it's a little sad when all the machines and places switch over to Diet Coke. I've actually switched to unsweetened ice tea for that reason. :p

Thats why I do not really follow the online touring plans....they are not really a secret anymore. They need to bump up the crowd predictor one notch for each day they recommend a park now, so many people use them.

I use my common sense and past experience to guide me. Looks like I will miss alot of you. HS is the 10th for me!

I actually picked my days before seeing Josh's recommendations, I wanted to do the opposite of what I did the last time (hit every EMH), so after I picked my dates and found out about EasyWDW and compared them I got a laugh. I didn't always pick his most recommended park, but I didn't pick his not recommended either.

Thank you! I was hoping to hear just this! Haha! I know I don't like getting a neck kink from looking around people and getting kicked if sitting on curb. Maybe I'll do it and try my luck! It's on a Tuesday night so I'll be ok!

Kick 'em back ;)

I was wondering the same thing. I just "discovered" it the other day but then everyone started talking about the Sorcerers thing so I figured that was better. I'm wondering if the pirates might be better for younger kids? I keep going back and forth as to which I want to try.

I read a blog about the pirate thing and it sounds really cool, more interactive and not so much a screen thing. We are going to try both and then continue on with whichever one we like more. I read that each quest takes about 20 minutes and you can stop and start back up whenever you want. My boys are going to be ecstatic. They love MagiQuest at the Great Wolf Lodge.

Yey! One of our favorite Disney songs! We all swear we can "smell" the ride when we hear the song- is that weird?

Not weird at all!

When looking at park hours for someone else I'm helping, I decided to look at our times again too, and discovered that they'd extended some hours! Yipee!
Now on DHS night, they're open till 8 not 7, and emh are 8-10!
On MK day we still get morning emh 8-9, but they're open till 10pm not 9.
AK day they're open till 7pm not 5.
Also, we'll be hopping to MK that night, and instead of 9pm closing with 9-11pm emh, we now get midnight closing with 12-2am emh!!! My kids are beyond excited about that one, since it's our last night!

I'm wondering what time it'll get dark. I think it'd be awesome to ride EE in the dark! We have fp+ for the 4:30pm FotLK show, and I originally planned to leave after that to get to MK for our 7pm adr's for BOG. Does anyone think we can do EE after FotLK and still make it to BOG in time? We have fp+ for EE earlier in the day, and we could even do the single rider line for it the second time. Just thought it might be cool.

Very cool about the later MK closing, but HS has been scheduled to close at 8pm the whole time so that isn't new.

As for getting dark, sunset in mid November is about 5:30pm so it will take another 30 minutes to get really dark after that. The time change happens on November 3rd so the first 2 days of November the sunset is around 6:40 or so.

Glad I'm not the only one paranoid about the end of October. But I guess back to back major power outage storms the last week in October does that to us. We do have a generator so that will help us not have major power outage issues. :)

LOL this is very funny. If you think about it, of course the predictions will be off if people have access to the internet and all read that same prediction and try to go for the lower crowd days. :rotfl2:
That is why I'm not afraid of EMH days and so on. I'm just going with a flexible attitude.

But anyway, I'm quite happy with the leaving flight, just wish the return home flight was a little later in the day so I could have enjoyed a Disney morning.
The flight is at 12:30 or 1pm (depending on the day as that keep changing too) so according to Disney Magical Express we have to leave around 10am. pout pout. Now if the return home flight is delayed, I'll just have to suck that one up and find a nice hotel with a pool nearby in Orlando. :)

You are definitely not alone on the end of October paranoia, my town has been testing their emergency texting and reverse 911 all week. Scared the bejeebers out of me when a text and e-mail came through just as both my phones rang. I thought the world was coming to an end.

As for the crown calendars, there are still plenty of people who don't know. I have been correcting people's plans for the last few weeks for Jersey folks that I know who are going at the beginning of the month. I'm a huge tech fan that loves reading everything, yet I didn't plan at all for my last trip. Didn't even dawn on me that you had to research a vacation. man did I learn my lesson. Good thing I went in September when the crowds were lighter.

We are taking a 7:15pm flight out, I wanted the 9pm flight to really squeeze everything out of the trip but hubby didn't want to be getting into Newark around midnight. Silly husband.

I actually picked my days before seeing Josh's recommendations, I wanted to do the opposite of what I did the last time (hit every EMH), so after I picked my dates and found out about EasyWDW and compared them I got a laugh. I didn't always pick his most recommended park, but I didn't pick his not recommended either.

Kick 'em back ;)

I read a blog about the pirate thing and it sounds really cool, more interactive and not so much a screen thing. We are going to try both and then continue on with whichever one we like more. I read that each quest takes about 20 minutes and you can stop and start back up whenever you want. My boys are going to be ecstatic. They love MagiQuest at the Great Wolf Lodge.

Not weird at all!

Very cool about the later MK closing, but HS has been scheduled to close at 8pm the whole time so that isn't new.

As for getting dark, sunset in mid November is about 5:30pm so it will take another 30 minutes to get really dark after that. The time change happens on November 3rd so the first 2 days of November the sunset is around 6:40 or so.

You are definitely not alone on the end of October paranoia, my town has been testing their emergency texting and reverse 911 all week. Scared the bejeebers out of me when a text and e-mail came through just as both my phones rang. I thought the world was coming to an end.

As for the crown calendars, there are still plenty of people who don't know. I have been correcting people's plans for the last few weeks for Jersey folks that I know who are going at the beginning of the month. I'm a huge tech fan that loves reading everything, yet I didn't plan at all for my last trip. Didn't even dawn on me that you had to research a vacation. man did I learn my lesson. Good thing I went in September when the crowds were lighter.
As close as we are, we've never been to great Wolf lodge. But after looking into it more, I think we will be going with the interactive pirate one, since my kids are younger, I just think it will hold thwir interest more. I don't think we will have time for both. Which blog wrote about the pirate one?

When Disney finds out about all of us going to HS on the 18th, maybe they'll extend the hours to 9:00. LOL! I hope not though, that would draw more people over to "our time".

I kinda liked Trick or Treating in the dark last year. Who needs electricity! We were without power for 7 days! Ah, good times.

Well I sure hope you have good picks as far as crowds this year!

Jeesh, you are tough! I don't drink soda at all. Not sure if you will still stalk me or not now... : )

Nah, at least you were smart enough to pick the same days as me so you can't be that bad. I really don't drink my beloved Diet Coke unless I'm out anyway. It really can't be good for me, but I do love the taste of it.

:rotfl2:
your loss!
I was willing to overlook your short comings.

You might not be able to overlook my shortcomings, but at the very least I'm short enough for you to be able to overlook me ;)

As close as we are, we've never been to great Wolf lodge. But after looking into it more, I think we will be going with the interactive pirate one, since my kids are younger, I just think it will hold thwir interest more. I don't think we will have time for both. Which blog wrote about the pirate one?

When Disney finds out about all of us going to HS on the 18th, maybe they'll extend the hours to 9:00. LOL! I hope not though, that would draw more people over to "our time".

I kinda liked Trick or Treating in the dark last year. Who needs electricity! We were without power for 7 days! Ah, good times.

Well I sure hope you have good picks as far as crowds this year!

I can't find some of the ones I read but here are a few things:

http://land.allears.net/blogs/kristin-ford/2013/05/_going_on_a_pirates.html

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...he-seven-seas-launches-at-magic-kingdom-park/

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/...ney-world-adding-new-interactive-experiences/

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...1_jack-sparrow-pirate-adventure-adventureland

Two Halloweens ago we enjoyed trick or treating in the dark with the snow, but last year was too dangerous. There were so many power lines and trees down and branches were hanging down everywhere. A lot of people left and went out west looking for hotels too. We had an impromptu trunk or treating at a parking lot nearby. Thanks goodness for texting chains.

I don't want to draw anymore people to the 18th, but with EMH the day before at HS, I am still hopeful the day will have less crowds. I wouldn't mind a slightly later close so that I didn't feel rushed through the lights.

Anyone hear and new rumors/facts/etc. about friends & family dining discounts for November? The current deal ends in 11 days (October 26th).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter