• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official November 2013 - Part II*** (that's right....we're that popular!)

OKW looks lovely too! Have you stayed there before?

We've got similar dates :thumbsup2

What are you looking forward to doing / seeing the most?

Nope, first time at OKW. My MIL and FIL are coming with us (hubby, me and 3 boys) so we need a good deal of space. We went to Disney in 2010 and stayed in a tree house at SSR and the only other time I went before that was as a kid in November 1982 when we stayed at the Poly.

I'm really excited about seeing Fantasmic and the Osborne Lights and this time we are also making time to see some of the resorts. We are also looking forward to Agent P adventures and the Sorcerers or Magic Kingdom. This time Star Tours and It's a Small World will be open too which is great. Those are all things we have never done before (well I did IASW as a kid, but my kids never saw it). I also can't wait to get back on ToT and Splash Mountain. How about you?

Hi Everyone :wave2:

Hope it's ok for me to join in, we only booked a few days ago and we fly in 39 days!! :cheer2: :cheer2: Soooo excited!!

We're doing Universal for a little bit first (Harry Potter!!! pixiedust: ) and then we are at our 2nd home Wilderness Lodge from the 13th to the 23rd :cool1:

Anyone else going around those dates?

We had a lot of fun at Universal/IoA last year! We wish we could do it again this year but we are flying and staying on Disney property, plus we plan on visiting Give Kids the World one day so that kind of uses up some time. I think we are going to have to take a cab out to GKTW (but it is a MUST do because it was DS4's favorite part of his wish trip last year). DH is worried that DS will be disappointed and want to go to Universal too. Of course, he spent a lot of his time at the playground in Jurassic Park but he loved the smaller HP rollercoaster and then we got to do a walkthru of the main HP ride. They also gave him a certificate stating that, when he's tall enough, he may come back and skip the line and ride! He loved that! (He still has a few inches to go)

Our trip is 11/11-11/19. We are going one year to the day of our trip last yr :thumbsup2 Gonna miss staying at the wonderful GKTW but look forward to our first time on Disney property (Pop).

Hi Everyone :wave2:

Hope it's ok for me to join in, we only booked a few days ago and we fly in 39 days!! :cheer2: :cheer2: Soooo excited!!

We're doing Universal for a little bit first (Harry Potter!!! pixiedust: ) and then we are at our 2nd home Wilderness Lodge from the 13th to the 23rd :cool1:

Anyone else going around those dates?

We're going almost the same as you, just a few days after. 17th through 23rd. Are you staying on-site for Universal? I want to try that someday but it just wasn't in the budget this trip, so we scattered our two Universal days throughout our Disney portion of our stay.

I have an ADR question. My nephew is a CM, I made some of my reservations to include him as we are hoping he will be able to get the time off. If he can't, can I call and make my reservation just one less, or do I have to cancel and rebook? What happens if I just show up with 3 instead of 4? Or what if he can make it to one of our other ADR's that I didn't include him, so what if we show up with 4 instead of 3?:confused3

I have an ADR question. My nephew is a CM, I made some of my reservations to include him as we are hoping he will be able to get the time off. If he can't, can I call and make my reservation just one less, or do I have to cancel and rebook? What happens if I just show up with 3 instead of 4? Or what if he can make it to one of our other ADR's that I didn't include him, so what if we show up with 4 instead of 3?:confused3

If he can't make it, the restaurant should have no problem with you showing up with one less person, though if you know ahead of time, I'm sure they'd appreciate advanced notice. You don't have to cancel and rebook though. However, if you're trying to add him you might need to rebook. I would first try calling the restaurant and asking if they can add one more to the reservation though. Since you are 3, you will probably be at a 4-top table to start with, so they may be able to add the extra person without much problem.

Good luck, and I'm jealous of your nephew; I'd love nothing more than to be a CM!

If he can't make it, the restaurant should have no problem with you showing up with one less person, though if you know ahead of time, I'm sure they'd appreciate advanced notice. You don't have to cancel and rebook though. However, if you're trying to add him you might need to rebook. I would first try calling the restaurant and asking if they can add one more to the reservation though. Since you are 3, you will probably be at a 4-top table to start with, so they may be able to add the extra person without much problem.

Good luck, and I'm jealous of your nephew; I'd love nothing more than to be a CM!
Thanks! That was what I was thinking about the 3 to 4 also. I just spoke with him and he is requesting the days off.

I am jealous of him also :rotfl: He is in the College Program and loving it!

I am so flippin excited! I scored a BOG dinner reservation!! :banana::banana::banana:

I was following the Nov 2013 cancelled ADR thread and it popped up that somebody was cancelling and I was able to snag it! Pure "at the right place at the right time"

If you are looking for a certain reservation follow that thread!

Like CaptainKat said, no issues. I have the exact same thing: my friend is a CM and may or may not be able to schedule his days so that he can join us for our meals. So, I have reservations for 6. If he doesn't show, I'll just let them know it's only 5 people. I'd only worry about canceling or changing the reservation if it were a difference of 3 or more people.

I am so flippin excited! I scored a BOG dinner reservation!! :banana::banana::banana:

I was following the Nov 2013 cancelled ADR thread and it popped up that somebody was cancelling and I was able to snag it! Pure "at the right place at the right time"

If you are looking for a certain reservation follow that thread!

Congrats :thumbsup2

We can't wait to try BOG in November :goodvibes

The next 30 days needs to hurry and fast!!
I keep changing things every time I turn around. I was wanting to change my 10/31 MP reservation to California Gill but can only find one for 10/30. I booked it but now cant decide if I should keep both or cancel one and then which one should I cancel?? Any ideas??

Well, I still can't check in online supposedly, but MDE did finally let me schedule FP+ and customize both sets of Magic Bands (we're in two different catagories of villa at SSR because the first 2 nights only had a 1-bedroom left and the next 2 had the studios, because we booked so late :rolleyes:)! So the stuff I was most worried about is taken care of; I just wanted to be able to customize the MBs before we hit the 30 day out cut off.

We're considering canceling our ADR for Cali Grill on 11/3. Nothing final yet, just it's arrival night and we're not sure how much we want to make that trek, with only 2.5 hours from landing at MCO to ressie :eek:, and we'd want to get there early since the fireworks are before the res time. I also looked at the menu and don't really see anything that appeals to me, and that's a lot of $ to not like half of a dish or more (mostly the entrees I like have sides I don't, and vice versa). We have some time to think about it, and if we do cancel I'll be sure to post it here and on the Nov dining thread.

BOG is awesome. We ate there last year for dinner and it was one of our best meals.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Ok so I have a question! Me and my two daughters are going to disney in 43 days my husband could not go due to his schedule! Tonight his schedule opens up and he wants to know if it's to late to go? We are staying at CBR with free dining NOV 13th -19th! Could he be added at this point?

Hey!! What happened. I go NO emails today saying you all have been posting. hmmmm I thought everyone was taking some time off. Decided I better check in. geeeze

48 days to go. October is getting so busy for me that I'm a little nervous I'm not going to have time to pack. :lmao: I crack myself up. The suitcase is open and the clothes are going in once they are washed. If I need them before I leave, I'll just take them out, and rewash and pack.

Nothing is stopping me from being ready. LOL

:yay:
:woohoo:
:dance3:

Ok so I have a question! Me and my two daughters are going to disney in 43 days my husband could not go due to his schedule! Tonight his schedule opens up and he wants to know if it's to late to go? We are staying at CBR with free dining NOV 13th -19th! Could he be added at this point?

I'd be on the phone with a CM tomorrow!!!!
I'm guessing no free dining, but you never know when the pixie dust will happen. Worse comes to worse you have to pay for his dining. But as far as the rest, I don't see why there would be a problem.

Call and fingers crossed for Pixie dust. Your room should be 2 beds if there are 3 of you already.

Good luck. Keep us posted because I might be in that situation for my next vacation.

Is anyone else completely overwhelmed by FP+? I am an attention-to-detail megasuperplanner but this is too much for me! I have no idea what my family will want to do when or if we'll be able to stick to a strict touring plan. I am OVER.WHELMED!! Any tips? Any strategies for how to put FP+ to good use without the it's-way-too-early-for-this freak out?

Is anyone else completely overwhelmed by FP+? I am an attention-to-detail megasuperplanner but this is too much for me! I have no idea what my family will want to do when or if we'll be able to stick to a strict touring plan. I am OVER.WHELMED!! Any tips? Any strategies for how to put FP+ to good use without the it's-way-too-early-for-this freak out?

I'm so not into the pick this far in advance.
So I put on my "It's just a guess" attitude and decided to just schedule the #1 priority ride I wanted to ride, and then it gave me two others. I looked at the different times of the one I wanted, and went with that.
If I don't use the FP+ it's not costing me anything. I'll ride the ride when I get to it.

Oh and with mobile apps and other internet access at the resort, we can always try to change the attraction or time when we are there.

For me it's a nice feature but I'm not taking it serious.
Plus remember your window is 1 hour, so if it opens at 11:15, you have until 12:15 to decide if you will actually go on that ride.

So either get my attitude or don't bother. Not worth the stress.
Besides you can always do them when it gets closer if you want. They are not like an ADR where you will get shut out or charged.

Hope that helps.

I'm so not into the pick this far in advance. So I put on my "It's just a guess" attitude and decided to just schedule the #1 priority ride I wanted to ride, and then it gave me two others. I looked at the different times of the one I wanted, and went with that. If I don't use the FP+ it's not costing me anything. I'll ride the ride when I get to it. Oh and with mobile apps and other internet access at the resort, we can always try to change the attraction or time when we are there. For me it's a nice feature but I'm not taking it serious. Plus remember your window is 1 hour, so if it opens at 11:15, you have until 12:15 to decide if you will actually go on that ride. So either get my attitude or don't bother. Not worth the stress. Besides you can always do them when it gets closer if you want. They are not like an ADR where you will get shut out or charged. Hope that helps.

I have the same approach as you. Last September we got picked for the first test phase and didn't use any of our selections. We actually didn't need to anyway because the crowd level was low when we were there. So I've made selections for this trip with the attitude that if we use them that's great, and if we don't, who cares.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter