OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2010 THREAD - Let the countdown begin!

Staying at AKV with DH, DD, DD boyfriend and now my other DD and her BFF are coming for Thanksgiving. Celebrating graduations and my 45th BDay. Can't wait to see the lights on the castle!!

I just hit the 180 day mark and made reservations for my daughter to go to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and also for lunch at Akershus and breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table. Can you say princess overload?!?! :lovestruc

This whole trip is top secret till her birthday in early October when she will find out. My husband is suddenly sad to be missing her first Disney visit, he is so not a Disney sort of guy and initially was more than happy to stay home with our 2 year old son. Oh well! Maybe this means we will go back as a family sooner rather than later!

We are making a retirn trip in Nov. I have never been to MCMCP BUt I ordered our tickets,booked the hotel, booked the air fair. Can someone tell me if the Nov park hours listed here are correct? WDW website doesn't show them yet (at least not where i was looking) it only goes to Oct.30, thanks.

:banana: Just bought our MNSSHP tickets for November 1. My sister is making my costume...sooooo excited!!!

Nov. 13-21
We were on our first DCL cruise last year when this thread started. We also bought into DVC on that trip so here we come this year in Nov.. Our first trip HOME to AKV! :thumbsup2 My mom is tagging along for tis trip so it will be 5 of us. :goodvibes This is her second trip EVER to WDW. :lovestruc We took her on her first one as well.

wow... you started this thread a year ahead of time! :cool1:
I'm going to be at our home resort SSR for the week of Thanksgiving (2 bedroom villa). We currently have Sunday through Thursday nights booked at SSR and we plan to add a day at the All Stars. Its too many points to use for the Friday night. I'll be me, DH, DS18, DD8 and Dsis, DBIL and DN. We will pick up DS18 from college at Florida Tech on Tuesday night after Fantasmic and bring him back to the resort. We have ADR's for Mama Melrose Fantasmic package on Tuesday the 23rd and For Thanksgiving dinner... Chef Mickey's! :banana::banana: It'll be our first time at Mama Melrose and Chef Mickey's. I have Chef Mickey's booked for our August trip, but will have to cancel as its at 7:45am and DHS has EMH at 8am and since TSM is closing that Saturday, I want to make sure we get quality time with it! If I didn't have Chef Mickey for Thanksgiving dinner, that would be different.. but we do. So...

Getting ready to book my ressies for my DS's 5th birthday dinner. Haven't decided but I have until Tuesday.

His first Character Dining!

Does the new jersey school holiday affect crowds the first week in nov?

We are headed to MK/Epcot/Animal Kingdom staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge the week after Thanksgiving.

Come ooooooon, November!!!

Does the new jersey school holiday affect crowds the first week in nov?

No, I do not believe it does. and you have a school holiday the first week of November? Is this 4 days? In VA, we always have a 4 day weekend coinciding with election day. Although I have not been to Disney during that 4 day holiday (what was I thinking?:confused:) I've been in mid October and I've been Thanksgiving week beginning on Sunday. In the past, the mid October time was great, not too crowded, even with MNSSHP. Thanksgiving week, the crowds were low until the day after Thanksgiving. So, I'd assume the first week of November would be a nice lull.

Are you taking the whole week or just the 4 days?
We're doing Thanksgiving again this year because our public schools are out for the whole week, but the college isn't. We're arriving on Sunday with the grade school kids and then picking up my DS18 from Florida Tech on Tuesday evening after Fantasmic (he'll miss Mama Melrose :sad1:). This is our first public school year with the whole week off for Thanksgiving.

Wow, things are starting to shape up for us. We have our airfare. We recently booked a villa at the SugarMouse Villas. We've also reserved our car rental. ADR's are in place as well. The only thing left is to wait.......and wait........and wait. I'm so excited and I can't share with the kids because we're surprising them this time. So the waiting is excruciating. How are everyone elses plans coming along? What's your plan? Where are ya eating? popcorn::

Wow, things are starting to shape up for us. We have our airfare. We recently booked a villa at the SugarMouse Villas. We've also reserved our car rental. ADR's are in place as well. The only thing left is to wait.......and wait........and wait. I'm so excited and I can't share with the kids because we're surprising them this time. So the waiting is excruciating. How are everyone elses plans coming along? What's your plan? Where are ya eating? popcorn::

Wow... you're coming a long way! I mean in distance. Washington State.. wow. Anyway, we've got just 2 ADR's for our Nov visit. Thanksgiving dinner at Chef Mickey's on Thursday and the Tuesday before Thanksgiving we have Mama Melrose with the Fantasmic package. I would love to do afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian, but I'm not sure which day I'd want. Usually when we do the afternoon tea, we end up hanging around the resort until its time to leave for the tea.

11/28-12/3 at CBR with DH, myself, and DD4. May actually try to talk hubby into waiting to come back home on Saturday instead once I can get FL res. discount for hotel. Purchasing the FL res. weekday pass ...it's cheaper than a 4 day MYW with PH. DH wants to take DD back for her 5th birthday next May, so that will come in handy. As of right now dining at Chef Mickeys for dinner on 11/28, Princess Breakfast and Germany on 11/29, Crystal Palace and MVMCP on 11/30, and 50s Prime Time Cafe on 12/1. Anythng else will be at the resort or counter service. We are so excited!!:dumbo:

:banana: YAY! an official November 2010 thread...I'm in too!

We are going down for 2 of my girls' birthdays and staying on for Thanksgiving and as another poster said this will be our first trip "home" to BLT :cool1: (our first night though for points reasons will most likely be at POP)

I get to make our ressie this coming Sunday 12-20...a very nice pre-Christmas present.

I have made a tenative list of ADR's too....started pretty much right after we got back from our March trip of 09, sorta mapping it out to help decide on which DDP or no DDP....(goin w/ reg DDP) I know my first ADR window is 5-23-10 not quite share how the 1 night ressie and then the 8 night ressie thing works yet....:confused:

But the park hours/entertainment schedule is suppose to be up 180 days out as well since we our traveling end of November I'm thinking beginning of May to finalize up my days...I will most likely make some tenative plan A and B until the entertainment schedule comes out...but this trip we are doing Hoppers so I'm not overally concerned. I do know the 20th is MK regardless of crowds cause that is the 1st of two birthdays we are celebrating and I hope to make ADR's at BBB in the morning and CRT for lunch...

I too looked at the 09 crowd calendar and the park hours/entertainment schedule to get a feel for it.

My somewhat early plan is:

Fri 11-19 arrival no park
Sat 11-20 MK (BBB, CRT, Wishes at BLT)
Sun 11-21 AK (pre-park bfast)
Mon 11-22 ?? and (ph to MK for Spectro and Wishes)
Tues 11-23 DHS (other b-day, CM or 1900 PF bfast)
Wed 11-24 Epcot (HDDR)
Thurs 11-25 Turkey day (no park ?, resort day and Marketplace shopping)
Fri 11-26 MK (ph to DHS for Osborne lights)
Sat 11-27 Epcot (santas and candlelight processional)
Sun 11-28 departure day (no park)

love to squeeze in MVMCP...but not sure how that would work...think it won't be "on" our week :confused:

Looking forward to seeing what plans other November trippers make popcorn::

Scrappie

We are going at the same time. Staying at POR

We have the ddp and this is where we plan to eat.

11-19-10 WCC 6:35pm
11-20-10 Cape May 8:00am
11-20-10 Garden View Tea Room 2:20pm
11-21-10 HDDR 5:00pm
11-22-10 Ohana's 8:00am
11-22-10 50's PTC 7:00pm
11-23-10 Trail's End 8:00am
11-24-10 1900 PF 8:00am
11-25-10 Captain's Grille 6:05pm
11-26-10 Donald's Safari 8:00am

Last Saturday I booked a flight/hotel/rental car package through Allegiant. This is our first trip ever to WDW. We will be staying at the Sheraton Vistana Villages.

I'm so glad I found DISboards! It's been a wealth of information!

Add me to the list.
November 19th -29th. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party on the 28th.
Staying at Boardwalk the 19th -21st then Bay Lake Tower the 22nd - 29th!

Last Saturday I booked a flight/hotel/rental car package through Allegiant. This is our first trip ever to WDW. We will be staying at the Sheraton Vistana Villages.

I'm so glad I found DISboards! It's been a wealth of information!

Welcome to the DISboards. Since you're very new, I want to let you know that DISers identify themselves with Lime Green Mickey heads. We hang them on our luggage, make T shirts with them, flags, etc. Often we pick up the Lime Green Mickey head paint chip from the home depot and hang it on our stuff so other DISers at the park know we're also DISers. I made a flag to hang from our balcony, but during our August trip we're at the Pop, and won't have a balcony, so we probably won't bring the flag, but we will be at SSR in November and will hang it from our balcony. We're going the week of Thanksgiving. Sorry we'll miss you.

Enjoy your first Disney trip. With lots of planning and information, you'll have a great trip. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter